CardiMuscleman, I'd be inclined to believe Brad is a section of Wilfred's psyche.

Yes, that was the opinion I was coming towards as well. Perhaps it is possible that Wilfred has an older brother who he believes lucked out on the muscle side of the equation. However, this would mean delving into his family background (something which I cannot do without his permission or with the General Medical Council finding out), so I am not quite sure how I go about it

Was your documentation purely based upon recordings or partly from memory?

The summary was taken all from a recording I made and whilst I understand your concerns, I do not believe I am being affected by this musk you are referring to and I believe I know why. It's not something I am proud to say, but when I was a small boy, staying on my uncle's farm, I got accidentally covered in manure (thankfully the solid version, if it had been the liquid version I wouldn't be here) and I have always believed it destroyed my sense of smell

As for testing it on chronic wasting disease.. That's a real moral dilemma, and one that can only really be answered by your cousin.

Thank you for your wise counsel. I agree I will have to ask him, which is why I want to ask Brad first of all. He will, hopefully, be able to explain it in ways that I can understand and then I can explain to my cousin. The reason I want to treat him is because he grew up with the X-Men and when he was a child he would always go out on Hallowe'en as Wolverine and say "One day, I will be bigger and stronger than him". He caught hepatitis (through no fault of his own) just before college and now, well, he's a shell of his former self. I think that's why I started training as a doctor, to try and help him anyway I could.

Funny you should mention muscular dystrophy, CardiMuscleman, since it just so happens to be the nature of my own research. Admittedly, I was originally attempting to use the lycanthropic curse to find a solution to the problem before I discovered this wonderful thread. In truth, this has provided quit a astonishing amount of breakthroughs.

Perhaps, however, it is time that I discussed my research in further detail...

As I said, I've been studding the use of lycanthropy as a cure for muscle wasting diseases. Being in the early stages of the ailment myself, I have a particularly vested interest. Now, while second hand information is useful, we can all attest that first hand experience and data is superior. So, to that end, the first stage of my research was to in fact find, and capture a werewolf. As it would turn out, locating the creature was more difficult than the actual capture. But, once I knew where to look, rather than trying to ensnare the beast, I simply appealed to his.... humanity. *Chuckle*

It was up in Alaska, three years ago. I was following some rather wild legends about a wendigo or some other such creature, depending on who you asked, through the wilderness. It had earned a name for it's self after the last full moon, where it had brutally attacked an entire twenty man crew of gold prospectors. The only survivor was a young man that had literally dowsed himself in bear repellent and hid amongst the open gas canisters. When the authorities finally investigated the massacre, they discounted the man's wild tales as shock, and chalked it up as a bear attack.

When I talked with the poor fellow, it was at a psychiatric ward, but when the drugs finally wore off he was plenty sane. He told me about this large white wolf as big as any bear rampaging through the camp, tearing through homes and equipment like they were made out of paper. The creature seemed to flow from one victim to the next, like a wave of rage, tearing the men asunder like they themselves were nothing more than scraps of flesh to be devoured. Each kill would drench the creatures fur in crimson as it sprayed blood across the moonlit ground. Bullets had no effect on it, and it bore an intelligence beyond any mundane animal.

While the story was compelling, the real compelling evidence came from the investigation. Not only had they found bight and claw marks all over the crime scene, during their hunt of the creature they found other wildlife equally dismembered. Deer, moose, bear, nothing seemed safe except for wolves. Then suddenly, all the evidence, vanished.

I knew what I needed to do, and without delay I headed for the site of the attack, arriving just before the full moon. The area had been deemed unsafe, and quartered off, but I would not be deterred. With a unique set of gear specially selected for this expedition, I got to work setting up camp. I could feel eyes watching me as I gathered wood, and built a large fire, drawing a circle around  the flames. Even in the middle of summer, the temperature could drop down into the forties. I calmly cooked dinner and waited, drinking my tea...

Eventually I heard the snap of a branch from the forest, and watched as a man stepped out of the undergrowth...

I will continue my little tale later, suffice it to say, this was only the beginning.

As for your concerns IJrge, I will have to let you decide for your self once my story is finished.

I am surprised that there has yet to be any more news. I have been busy with my own studies, the subjects are growing nicely, and I think an alpha has begun to assert himself in the group. I am curious however, does being in a group with an alpha stale the growths of the beta's? It seems like while they are all still growing, the betas are growing more slowly...

Anyways, on with my daring tale.

Silently I watched him approach, noting his loping stride and powerful build. He wore very little, nothing more than cloth rags really, fashioned together as a loincloth that did nothing to hide how big he was. His lean muscular body had no body hair, except the short dark roman cut on top of his head, but was riddled with scars. It was clear he took great care to shave regularly, as though he wanted everyone to see his badges of battles hard fought and won. As I gazed up at him from my sitting position, I could see the only other thing he wore nestled between his large protruding pecs, a name tag.

“You're former military.”

“You should not be here.” His voice rumbled deep from his chest like thunder echoing through the mountains. “You're going to die.”
“I'd wager Soviet Russia most likely... Were you black opts?”

“Did you not hear me? You're going to die here.” He repeated in his deep voice.

I stood up, stepping over to the hot pot of water, “It would make sense really, out here in the wild surviving night after night in your... skivvies.” I glance down at his ample loin cloth. I turn to start pouring a cup. “You'd have to be tough as nails. Would you like some coffee?”

A huge burly hand grabs my shoulder, and spins me around. Even standing he is a full foot and a half taller than me, and at 6' 2” in my boots, I'm left staring right into his thick chest cleavage. I look up into his snarling face as he yells down into mine, “WHY ARE YOU HERE!?”

“Why? Why else would I be out in the middle of the woods when I randomly run into a stranger? To meet you of course. You sure you don't want some coffee? It's a special blend I picked up from this lovely old lady in Seattle Washington, swears it'll put hair on your chest. I can't stand the stuff, but you look like you could use it.”

I suppose my nonchalant attitude was not what he expected, as his mannerism changed more to curious than upset. I still had time... “If you have come searching for me, then you know the danger you are in, no?”

“If you are who I hope you are, then I am well aware of the situation.”

“So you are prepared to die tonight?”

“I am prepared to die, but not tonight. I have come here to pass through the jaws of death to emerge reborn on the other side.”

“You wish to receive the CURSE!?” For the first time his voice cracked with shock. And maybe fear...

“No, I wish to own the curse, to study it and learn it's secrets. And you will help me with this.”

“You may think so, but many have already perished. You will be no different. What is your name?” He asked gruffly, glancing towards the horizon where a faint glow was coming.

“I am Doctor Arthur Mordrid. Might I know yours as-well?” The wind shifted, and I could smell a thick musk rising from him. It was rugged and earthy with strong tones of testosterone and fur. And blood.

“I'll tell you doc later, if you survive.” With that he backed away, the moon finally rising above the horizon completely. At this point I mentally started the clock. <Six Hours...>

I watched as he real tense, hunching over and clutching his head. His breathing began to get heavier and heavier, becoming more ragged as he began to sob through clenched teeth. I could hear bones cracking, tendons and muscle tearing, his body literally tearing itself apart from the inside. His skin began to turn red, and in the cold Alaskan twilight I could see the air shimmering above him from the heat. His body began to shift, certain bones elongating such as his arms and feet, muscles swelling to fill in the new space. With each heart beat he grew, his back becoming wider and wider in front of me, his skin drawn so tight it threatened to tear.

Suddenly, he throws his head back, eyes clenched tight, and howls in agony. His shifting legs force the man to his hands and knees, his nails clawing at the ground deeper and deeper till they become gashes in the earth from his claws. Still his skin is clear, allowing me to watch every detail of his change in stark relief. He howls again, his eyes snapping wide. I could just barely see that they were blue, and wondered if that was a part of his humanity showing through. He continues to thrash as his body keeps growing and swelling.

With each breath I could see him expanding, the muscle thickening, soon if he stood on his hind legs he'd tower over me. As his muscles filled out like some sort of balloon, the effect of his skin being stretched changed. Gone was the anemic looking creature with stretched over exaggerated limbs, now he looked full and healthy, filled out like a perfect anatomic specimen.

At this point, his fur finally began to fill in. Not in scraggly tufts or anything, it just began to flow over his body like some cinematic romance production. As I watched, I could not help but be reminded of that Animaniacs cartoon werewolf. But this one would soon try to kill me instead.

I could see the changes starting to end, and proceeded to reach into one of my coats deep pockets.

It finally seemed to wake up from it's change, dropping down into a natural stance, and turning to face me. For a brief moment I felt a twinge of fear as our eyes locked, I wanted to run, to hide from this alpha predator, but knew there was no escape. My only hope now was to become the alpha myself, I had deliberately put myself here, and would either live or die. Our eyes stayed locked as it began to stalk me, circling for an opening.

I didn't wait. Pulling my hand out of my pocket, I cast the small pouch of powder in the fire. It suddenly flashed and roared loudly, the flames turning silver, white, and blue! I could smell the burning chemicals, and knew my foe could to. It jumped back in surprise, the silver light shining off it's fur. I smirked at the fact that the phosphorous and alchemical silver were working, it DID NOT like being close to that fire now. I had broken it's root, and needed to push the gap.

“Now that I have your attention, I sure you know what that is. And this as well.” I speak loudly and calmly, regaining the wolfs attention. Now however, it is cautious and curious, needing to understand it's foe before attacking again. I draw out a dagger, crafted with a high level of silver in it. The wolf growls, and canters further back. “Good. But, what you don't know is that I've been ingesting a large amount of silver into my system as well. Between that and the wolfs-bane I've brought along, I am entirely inedible.”

To emphasis this, I take the silver blade and run it across my open palm, and let the blood run freely into the wind. “Can you smell it? That my own blood is tainted? However, you might be interested in the tasty treat I brought you.”

I begin to crouch, shifting the blade to my wounded hands, and never taking my eyes away from his. He growls again, hunkering down, and edging forward. I snarl back, asserting that I am ready to fight, he stops. His predator instincts telling him to wait. With my free hand I open my pack, and pull out a large steak wrapped in plastic. “This is for you, a peace offering of sorts.” Holding it up for the canine to see, I toss it away from the fire to one side of the brute. He eyes it and me with suspicion. I pull out one more item, a silver treated foil blanket, unfold it in plain view, and wrap myself up. “Enjoy, I'll just be sitting here for the next six hours, waiting.”

Eventually the smell of the meat overcame his caution, the calories burned by his transformation demanding attention. After he finished, he prowled back and forth in front of me for a long time, but finally stalked away. I dove for my back pack, and pulled out a tracking device. The steak was safe to eat, but was bugged. With a twenty four hour micro transponder, all my device had to do was continuously ping the chip, centered on me, and I knew where the wolf was in conjunction to the camp.

Sure enough, looking at the screen, he was still close by and hunting me.

• Upvote 1

Yep. I am very well indeed, if a little on the rushed side what with being asked to stand in a special election in our area for a party dedicated to restoring Britain's health service and delivering poppies for a national wounded warrior charity. I am next due to meet Brad at the next full moon (November 14th) and will ask him to train as hard as he can (as I want to see what his stamina levels are like) but aside from that I am keeping well.

Well, to be honest, after the initial encounter the story becomes rather tedious....

After that, and for the next six hours, the two of us effectively began a game of proverbial cat and mouse. While fighting the desire to sleep, or seek some form of distraction, I would watch and remain vigilant. He would stalk around me, then approach from a seemingly random direction. I would track his movement, turn to face him ready to fight, and his predator instincts would make him back down. Without the element of surprise or the safety of his healing factor the fight would be to even, possibly resulting in lethal damage for both parties, and no predator would except those odds. Even a werewolf.

If you study wild predators from across the globe, they will always rely on an advantage to win a quick decisive kill and back down from a fair fight. The problem is, the smart ones find a way to tip the scales eventually, it's only a matter of time. My only hope was that it would be enough time.

Eventually, he figured out the chip.

I assume he must have expelled the chip from his body one way or another, but in either case the tracker showed he hadn't moved in over half a minute. I still had thirty minutes till moon set, and he had had a whole thirty seconds to choose his attack. However, I could effect part of his strategy with my own dagger.

Holding the blade flat in front of me, I could use it's reflective surface to watch my back over my left shoulder. However, this still left me with a blind spot of about twenty degrees, which is where I squarely placed the fire. All I could do then was wait and listen. (And be grateful to the manga I learned this trick from. http://www.mangareader.net/historys-strongest-disciple-kenichi/288/3 )

Minutes dragged by, holding my position was becoming more and more difficult, and I was already sore from sitting for the past six hours. He had one last chance to try to catch me off guard, but where was he going-! Suddenly a shot rang out in the distance, a yelp from the other side of the fire followed by a thud as something heavy dropped. I got up, and cautiously moved around the fire. Staying far back I surveyed the monster laying there, his leg sticking out bleeding from the large hole in his thigh. "You'll forgive me for cheating, but you did force my friend to shoot in the first place. Don't worry though, you'll be fine in no time. The silver capped bullet was only meant to stop you and pass cleanly through, so long as you don't stash a major organ in your leg that is."

He growled and snapped in my direction. "Oh, don't be that way. I could see that tactical human mind working all night beneath all that fur. You were testing my defenses, and figured out the chip on your own. But the cerise sur le gâteau was when you figured out my little mirror trick! That just proves how amazing you are. However, this game is done." I finished that final statement with icy finality as I glance over my shoulder. The moon had passed below the horizon. I turned back to the beast, for the first time noting sadness and fear in those once bloodthirsty eyes, and watched the man reemerge. The fur fell away, the bones popped back in place, and all those glorious muscles deflated. Once again the man lay before me, completely naked save for the name tag.

"You shot me!"

"In a manner, yes. Here's a blanket, and I have that coffee for you. You can tell all about your self, including that name you promised."

After learning who he was, I went on to explain why I was here, and to convince him to help me. It didn't take much once I told him he could live indoors again with three square meals, and that his wolf would be contained. I took the man back with me, met up with my guardian sniper, and we went home to my facility near Olympic Washington. Once there, we made many breakthroughs that have payed for the expedition and the facility, but not the cure I needed. Then three years later I read your thread about muscuthropy, and that led to stage two. By now, all of my subjects have shown promising results. And thanks to your data, I'll be modifying their training and diet plans.

• 2 months later...

I'm kinda glad for this forum, as it makes talking about this a lot easier. Six months ago, I was camping in the mountains on a two-week-long vacation. I won't say exactly where, except that it was along the Appalachian Trail. As I sat in my camp that night, I stared up at the full moon as I often do on nights when the moon is full. All of a sudden, I hear a rustling in the bushes nearby. I thought it was a wolf or something, but what emerged proved to be stranger than fiction. It was a man, but one that was at least seven feet tall and absolutely massive. He looked to be as big as the Hulk, as did the meat-spear between his legs. I was so captivated by this beast that I couldn't move. Everything becomes fuzzy until the next morning, when I discover my camp site trashed. My food was still safe up the tree where I hid it, but most everything else was ruined. My tent was half-torn and covered with some dried gunk, the fire was long since extinguished, and some naked local was asleep next to it. When I woke him up, he jumped practically out of his skin and said how "it happened again." After calming him down, he explained that, every night on the full moon, he comes to this part of the woods where he involuntarily changes into what I know now to be a muscuthrope. He called the condition "God's curse on homophobes," admitting that, until recently, he had hated gays for defying the religious teachings he was taught. He has come to accept the "curse", retreating to that patch of forest every full moon; he commented that having a trucker's work schedule meant that no one would grow suspicious. After swearing that I would never reveal the specifics of the encounter, he went on his way.

Over the months, I've started becoming more confident, especially in the gym. One of the guys at my gym had started helping me out with my workout a month later. Eddie was his name, and he was built like a tank. I definitely felt like I lucked out with training partners. But I had no idea how lucky I was until the very next full moon after meeting Eddie. Thirty minutes before moonrise, he knocks on my door holding beers and wanting to "hang out." It was weird, but I could have swore that he looked bigger than when I met him. We chilled for a bit and everything seemed normal enough.

Until it wasn't.

The next thing I knew, it was 9am the next morning. My apartment was covered in cum, my furniture was all over the place, I was naked in my living room, my ass felt like I had just shit a brick after being spanked by Arnold in his prime, and I was suddenly glad that the full moon was on a Saturday that month. It took a minute to register the sound of my shower and an operatic baritone singing "Largo al factotum" from the Barber of Seville. A bag lay near my couch, along with the remains of some kind of sex toy. A minute after the shower turned off, Eddie came out, naked as the day he was born, but walking a bit funny. He looked like he had a hemorrhoid that was flaring up with the way he was walking.

"I knew you were special," he said cryptically. "I usually can't sense a new one so soon after their initial infection." He then proceeded to explain about muscuthropy and what it meant for me. He said that he had never had a newbie make him walk funny after what he called "a full-moon fuck." He had offered to take me under his wing again, but this time as Alpha to my Beta. It was all so scary and weird, but also exciting. So I said yes.

Over the weeks, Eddie showed me tricks and tips to harness and control myself during what he called "off-cycle days." During the full moon, however, I absolutely needed to fuck. Luckily, Eddie was building up a "pack" of sorts of the local muscuthropes. Every full moon, we would get together at a nearby cabin that Eddie owned and just go wild. In fact, it seems that the beast within has a coherent personality and was able to write down his experiences of that first night with Eddie, worded as if he was speaking directly to me. I've posted what he wrote below.

----------------------------------------

Charlie, you have no idea how fuckin' awesome it feels to be like this! The moment we started to change, (Still feels kinda weird to say "we" instead of "I") I could feel every muscle in our body swelling with power. Power that no mere mortal can comprehend, let alone master. We were rock-hard during the whole damn thing. Good thing you didn't take off your clothes, 'cause bursting out of clothes just through the growth was fuckin' beyond nuts! I think I could've came from that alone, but that was nothin' compared to what was next. When I looked down to take stock of the new me, I could barely see past my mountainous pecs. Shit, bro, my pecs are fuckin' MASSIVE! I mean, our pecs. I don't fuckin' know; you know more about this shit than I do. Anyway, I spent fuck-knows-how-long just flexing my newly-massive muscles in the mirror over the couch. Fuckin' massive pecs, abs so tight and shredded you could grate cheese on them, arms like fuckin' Howitzers! And you should see your fuckin' dick. It's as thick as a beer can and longer than that shaker bottle of yours. He tried to have me use that Fleshlight of his, but it must have been cheap, because it popped like a balloon after one use. I guess they don't make them for super-powerful muscle-were-beasts. Eddie really showed why he was the Alpha, but I still think I had him beat that night. If he's walkin' funny the next day, it's because I pounded his ass into next Tuesday. Eddie's got a thing for flexin' as he fucks, 'cause he was flexing his biceps when he was face-fuckin' me. I figured what's good for the Alpha was good for the Beta, and I did a crab pose as I pounded his ass into oblivion. Good thing we can cum muliple times, 'cause I think we fucked for hours. Fuck, I'm fuckin' lovin' this shit. Just thinking about it gets me hard. Maybe you should invite that girlfriend of yours over some time during a full moon. She did say that she wanted to try a threesome with that big guy down the hall. Maybe she would change her mind once she sees a couple of REAL men. It's like Eddie said, "once you go beast, you don't settle for least." Think about it, little Charlie, and I'll see you next full moon.

• Upvote 6

• 3 months later...