The League of Heroes : The Evolution Forum's Superhero Get-Together

CardiMuscleman

Chapter One : The Ultimate Musketeer

"Is it me, Adam, or do you think that I'm, well..."

"It's bound to be you then, I never finish a sentence with a pause!"

I had no other option but to laugh. Adam, my Ultimate Musketeer alter ego, had, as he always had done, hit the nail on the head. We were like the opposite to peas in a pod. I was a quiet, gentle fellow holding up the chivalry that the Musketeers were famed for whereas Adam, well, you only had to look at what he was doing now to know what he got his kicks from.

"So, how long is that then?" he asked, disturbing my train of thought.

"I make that about seven and a half minutes!" I replied, "is that enough?"

"Give them another thirty seconds!" he replied as I watched the viewing tally count continue to climb and the donations roll in. It was Adam's suggestion really that prompted this. During one of our post mission training sessions, as I called them, or "ramming the Ultimate Titan as hard and as fast as possible until he screams for mercy and then ram him for another ten minutes" as Adam called them, the idea had been broached of allowing the Ultimate Musketeer to put his incredible strength to some charitable use and when I suggested that given how strong he was, perhaps a world record might be in order, and that is precisely what was agreed so as the counter reached eight minutes, I let the ton weight that I had been holding in an overhead press drop down where I caught it and lowered it to the ground gently and declared "A new world's record for overhead press duration. Eight minutes, ladies and gentlemen, and all streamed live on Facebook for verification from the Guinness World Records team. Remember, this has all be done to raise funds for the local hospital I visited last week, so keep those donations rolling in. This is the Ultimate Musketeer and I bid you, adieu!" and with that ended the stream.

Adam was cheering me to the rafters but I just shook my head gently and said "Adam, I wouldn't have been able to do it without you and therefore I think you deserve a reward. What do you fancy doing then? A one ton bench press for reps? What about a one ton deadlift for reps?"

"How about" he replied, with a slight moan, "how many press ups can we do with a naked Porthos on our back as he rubs us?"

I was about to chuckle when my tablet dinged and an alert appeared reporting an e-mail. Idly swiping down to read it, I suddenly froze in shock and read the message.

"To the Ultimate Musketeer, I bring greetings. I have read about your exploits on the Evolution Forum and believe that your skills and assets would be just what I am looking for. Please meet me in the chatroom at 20:00 GMT this evening and we will discuss the role I have envisaged for you. Yours, The Manager!"

As I looked up from the tablet, any number of fears were running through my head. Had my secret been discovered? Was I about to be held ransom and forced to perform some diabolical deed for my silence. Adam half hoped that it was an invite to a private posing session as he wanted to know if all the muscular men he had seen in the 21st century were as big as the media made them out to be. Little did I know that I was not the only one to receive a similar message.

(I am hoping that @EcchiMultiverse (Marvellous Man), @HeroSlayer1 (Bael), @js44 (The Power of the Kryptons), @SUPERMANDISCO (Supehumorman) and @AT2000 (Hulk Smashed) will continue this story with their characters getting a similar message as outlined in the chatbox a few days ago, unless that is @Scriptboy would like to chime in with his own superhero that is?)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 7