Unusual Surgeries (part 4 added 5/11/19)

Desato

NOTE: The m/f was removed from the last paragraph to make this m/m. The bodybuilder character still does have a wife, but in the second part, the character has a boyfriend.

Howdy. I have often wondered about leg lengthening surgery. I am 6'5" and would never do it because being taller than I already am would suck. When you look up pictures of people wondering about the surgeries, they always show their pictures with stretched legs. But it wouldn't actually be like that. Your legs would actually get smaller because the muscle would stay the same size and be pulled a greater distance. So what I really wonder about is what happens after that point. You look at a tall person and a lot of the times they are ectomorphs. If a mesomorph or endomorph got leg lengthening surgery, they would still be a meso or endo - they wouldn't magically become an ectomorph just because they are tall. Yes, they would have their muscle size "shrink" at first because of the stretching, but they should still have the acumen to gain muscle/size. That would give them an incredible advantage in truly becoming huge over someone who is naturally tall and lanky.

Here I explore what might happen in that scenario :)

Unusual Surgeries

Hey, you already know who I am. I have a bunch of sponsorships around the fitness industry and my IFBB pro card. You would recognize me when someone jokes about the 4'10" pro bodybuilder. Even though I am retired from contests now, I still hit the gym (and the "celltech") pretty hard. No sense losing my hard earned body because of getting older.

Currently, I am 6.4 heads tall. I know they say the ideal is 8 heads tall, but screw them. I have pretty awesome proportions on my body. I am 22 inches wide from tip to tip on my shoulders. Less than 1% of the population can claim that and they even have almost a foot over me on height. My waist is 35 - yeah I know it should be in the 27 area. My chest totally makes up for it at 50 inches. My quads are 29 inches and biceps 21. Not too shabby considering what some would call my stubby limbs. I really lucked out on genetics, though. If someone sees me, my body looks like I am average height. It isn't until I am standing next to someone else that I look short. 

My wife of 11 years is a hot powerlifter. In the offseason, she cuts down some and enters some fitness competitions. However, she prefers to be bulked. She is 5'8" - kind of dwarfing me, but we totally love each other. We push each other to always better ourselves and train, eat and sleep together every day. Not to brag, but my 8x7 inches looks quite impressive at my height. I know that she does not stay with me because of my penis, but I am sure it helped open the door at the beginning of our relationship. That thing was a bear to adjust during contests. I probably spent more time pumping that than my muscles in the pump room back stage. Anything to keep it contained for the show.

Even though I am totally happy with my body (as is the wife), there are many times when being a bit taller would be very useful. Just doing everyday tasks is troublesome since I have to have a stool handy at all times. More times than I care to admit, my wife was asked what her child was having for a meal. My bicep is bigger than your freakin head, dude, how am I her child? After years of reading medical research on height surgeries, we finally decided to take the plunge. It wasn't for me. It wasn't for my wife. It wasn't for anybody else. It was just so I could have an easier life during my retirement. My high testosterone and stocky muscular build are super equipped for healing and that made the risk factors somewhat low.

I decided first to extend my femurs and humeri. That was not a fun process. I went out of the country for the procedures and had to stay for 5 months before I could travel again. First, they broke my bones and then inserted these devices to extend the lengths between the breaks. Basically, while the break is healing, it is making the bone longer. As a lifter, I fought through pain my entire career. I had so many muscle tears that I lost track. These bones pains were a drop in the bucket compared to everything else. And bless my wife, she stayed with me the entire time - using a gym close to the hospital to train on her own while I was resting. After the 5 months, they finally removed the devices. I was told not to exercise for another 5 months to continue recovering. I contacted a practitioner back in the states to do monthly checkups. I knew from experience that light lifting can help with recovering. I ignored the advice and started lifting again after 1 month. By month 8 of the whole process, I was completely healed. 

Conservative projections said that I would gain 2-3 inches in height. The bones were healing so fast, that I doubled that amount. I gained 6 inches in my femurs and over 4 inches on my arms. I was now standing at 5'4" and could not have been happier with the procedures. The only disappointing thing was that stretching out the bones also stretches out the muscles. My biceps dropped down from 21 to 16 inches from being stretched. My quads dropped from 29 inches, down to a still respectable 24 inches. 

It took quite a bit of getting used to being 6 inches taller. Something as simple as being in the kitchen was difficult. We had been living in that house for 8 years. I could have walked around with my eyes closed and found anything (even eyes closed and using the stool). Now it was like someone shifted around my house. Reaching for the refrigerator door was 6 inches lower and 4 inches closer. I kept jamming my hands for the first few weeks reaching for things. Light switches, oh my gosh. You just take it for granted that light switches are always in the same place. Now lower all of them by 6 inches around your house and tell me how disconcerting that is.

Although there were troubles, I was still kinda hooked at that point. The positives of having access to 10 more inches of space (6 in height and 4 on my reach) was absolutely amazing. But I wanted more. Five weeks after I was cleared from the first surgeries, I was on another plane. This time it would be tibia/fibula and radius/ulna surgery. Admittedly, I was a little bit more nervous about having four bones broken. That was four ways complications could arise. Things went even more smoothly than the first time - bones broken, devices inserted, and 4 months of lengthening. My beautiful wife was there again, keeping me strong. You know what, I changed my mind - I was doing this for her because she deserved the best version of me and I wanted to give that to her. Once more, I ignored advice and started light workouts to help speed up healing. In under two months, I was cleared. This was another very successful round of surgeries. I gained 4 inches in height and 3 inches on my arms. 

There I stood, the same height as my wife. The first time I was able to stand without a walker or bracers, she just stared at me in complete shock. Then, we wept in each others' arms about how much of a life changer all of this would be. So a little over a year ago, I started this whole process at 4'10" and now was 5'8" with access to 17 inches more of the world than I had before. I was finally up to the normal stature of 7.5 heads tall, although a couple inches shorter than the average person. There was a problem, though. I had not anticipated what my arms would look like compared to the rest of my body. Compared to my legs, my arms looked perfectly fine. However, compared to my torso, I looked like a gorilla. My hands were well beneath my groin. In fact, they could touch past mid-thigh without bending over. My wife and I discussed it and she was very supportive of anything I wanted as long as it made me happy. Before my recovery was finished, we had already made the plans. The day after I got cleared by the doctor, we were on a plane again to get an experimental spine lengthening surgery.

This one did not seem as horrific as the legs and arms since nothing was being broken. Basically, they would insert vertebrate spacers up the length of the spine. They also needed to include spacers in the ribcage or I would be prone to getting a hunchback. The spacers in the ribcage would dissolve and be absorbed by the body over the course of 2 years, with most of the material being dissolving around the 6 month point. The spinal spacers were much more complicated since the lats, traps, spinalis, serrates and a whole host of other muscles needed to compensate in their attachment points. The majority of patients recovered to normal mobility. A small number had decreased mobility and even fewer had increased mobility. With my back's already large muscles and my body's natural (and chemical) abilities for building muscle, the doctors felt that the decreased mobility was a slim to none chance of happening. So the surgery proceeded as planned. The doctors were very happy with the results, but I did need 2 months of bedrest and to wear a brace covering my entire torso up to my skull during that time and for 4 months after that. Unfortunately, there was no way around recovering with the brace on. It restricted most movement and even sitting/standing was a struggle. Getting in and out of bed was more like rolling around and propping myself up with my arms. We installed some ropes on hooks in various places to help me pull myself up. I could still walk around OK and we could already see the results after the initial 2 month recovery.

Drum roll, please...

It was an absolutely crazy result. After the 2 month recovery, I stood at 6'2" - a gain of another 6 inches. The doctors said that expansion would continue throughout the 4 months until most of the ribcage spacers dissolved. At that point, there would be too much pressure on the spinal spacers and growth would come to a halt. Boy were those doctors right. By the time the brace came off, I had gained another 5 inches. My wife could not contain herself whenever we were together. She admitted that having someone a foot taller than her (almost) was always a secret dream of hers. She preferenced it by assuring me that she would love me at any height. But being 6'7" was just so freaking hot. It was just nice for me that my arms hung down to a normal area. I was no longer a gorilla man. In addition, being able to reach things 28 inches further away than where I could reach two years ago was out of this world. I was starting to forget what life was like as a short man. I never heard a snicker or a joke about my height. It never crossed anybodies' minds whether or not I was my wife's child.

But I still was not completely happy.

I loved my proportions when I was short. The 22 inch wide shoulders at 4'10" are crazy impressive looking, but not so much at 6'7". An average guy at 5'10" has a shoulder width of 18 inches. When I was short, I boasted being 47% wider proportionally to the average guy. Now at 6'7", I was only 8% bigger. My wife did not like the idea of another surgery. Partially because she felt that height was the only thing holding me back in life and also because surgery meant recovery time and no sex. I convinced her that I just wanted 3-4 inches more width and I was done. No more surgeries after that and life would finally resume. I also threw in that clavicle surgery would not affect anything downstairs and we could still have quite a bit of fun. 

On a flight, under the knife, and back into recovery. The surgery turned out much like the leg/arm lengthings. My clavicles were broken and then set up in the little devices. The doctors said to expect around 1 inch on each side. I had wanted at least 3, but 2 would be better than nothing. At least that would double me up to 15% wider than average. Recovering went well. After 4 months, I was back home with the devices taken off. That surgery definitely hit me harder that the previous ones. I needed some extra physical therapy as just light weights would not have done the trick. I worked through it and came out the other side 5 months later. I was very happy with the results. I got 3 inches on one side and 2.75 inches on the other. The quarter inch was barely noticeable. The 28 inch wide shoulders was absolutely noticeable. As promised to the wife, I was finally done. The width did not make a difference to her, as she got back into the groove of jumping me at first sight. I was happy being 37% wider than average with a huge added bonus of extending my reach by another 3 inches. I could now reach 31 inches further than I could have 3 years ago. I also measured slightly more than a massive 8.5 heads tall. If the normal was 7.5 heads and the ideal 8 heads tall, I became the alpha at 8.5. I did not even care that my head looked small on my body. I had already promised my wife no more surgeries, but why would I want to increase the size of my head anyway?

I had to ease back into the gym. Other than light weights and physical therapy, I had not been lifting for 3 years. Muscle memory kicked in and I was able to at least get my stats back up pretty quickly. I regained my 16 inch biceps and 24 inch quads. My waist was very interesting. With my spine being extended, it allowed my organs to have more space and brought my waist down to a tiny 27 inches. While I had a massive waist at 8 inches past ideal while at 4'10", I was actually 9 inches under the ideal waist size of a 6'7" person.  My pecs and lats were also interesting. I had lost a lot of the thickness because they were now stretched tight in both the horizontal direction from the clavicle lengthening and vertical direction from the spinal lengthening. My ribcage did not grow or shrink during all of this - just the ribs spread apart a bit more. The stretched lats provided much more width and actually gave me a 60 inch chest measurement. My 60 inch chest was now bigger than my previous 58 inch height. Imagine that, flattening your muscles by stretching them and still gaining quite a few inches. Needless to say, I approved of the 2.2 chest to waist ratio. My traps also looked slightly improved. Since my squatty neck had been lengthened, the traps were about 50% taller than before.

So with my recovery complete and some small amount of size regained, I began to push myself harder and harder. My wife totally got in on that action as we drove each other to reach new heights (ha... ha...). My delts, arms, legs, pecs, lats and traps were all flattened, stretched and tight as hell. It was brutal really getting into it again. But I have always had really stocky endo-meso genetics. In the offseason, I would jump up to 260 pounds of prime beef at 4'10". During contests, I could swing around 210 pounds. I didn't get a pro card for nothing. I put in all of the effort that the big boys would. Just because I was "tall and lanky" now didn't mean that I would go easy on myself. Plus, it is not like brain suddenly switched my genetics to ectomorph.

Back in the gym, I started at around 225 pounds - post surgeries. Before all of the surgeries, I was hovering around 235 in my retirement. I lost 10 pounds from spending most of 3 years in bed resting. Plus, you do not really feel like eating much with braces and devices and needing a walker to get around. I quickly gained 5 pounds, then 10, then 25. My body craved filling out the way I used to be and at 250 I definitely looked like I belonged in the gym again. The hard stretch that all of my muscles were under just needed to be pumped a little. The fascia was as taunt as it could possibly get and I started going to get deep tissue massages weekly to break it up. By six months post surgery, I had regained most of my former stats. At 290 pounds (65 pounds in six months), my arms were 22 inches cold. My quads were 32 inches - dwarfing my previous leg measurements. They always did respond well during training. I gained 2 inch on my waist, which was fine since I gained 10 inches on my chest. My traps and delts were filling in nicely. Even with most of those stats surpassing my previous numbers, I still felt like I looked very thin with a giant's body. At least in comparison to my tank-like looks from before.

My wife and I kept pushing and pushing, harder and harder. She entered a powerlifting meet three months later and completely demolished the competition. We were not done yet, though. I still wanted to give her the best version of myself and she was completely motivated by my transformation. If we weren't about to throw up every exercise in the gym, we considered it a failed workout. By one year post surgery we looked like total beasts. Nobody even talked to us at the gym any more. We would spend hours driving the other to lift one more rep and tossing plates on and off of the bars for max weight and drop sets. She decided to cut for a few months to enter a fitness competition. By the time that rolled around, the organizers begged her to join the bodybuilding side instead as she did not have the "fitness model look" anymore. She didn't care what she entered as long as she had some fun. I quickly taught her bodybuilder poses since she wouldn't be able to get away with her normal posing routine. Her shear size just blew away everybody else. She took the super heavyweight and overall categories. 

Things continued the same for the next few years. I got up to 452 pounds and am still fairly lean. The whole time, my muscles just wanted to fill out instead of adding overall mass like regular bulking would do. And fill out they did. My biceps are now just a hair shy of 37 inches. Way bigger than my legs used to be. My quads passed 50 inches a couple of months ago and now sit at 52 inches. Out of everything, they are still responding the best to the extra 6 inches they were given. My waist is up to 34, which is still 2 inches under the ideal for my height and 3 inches under my biceps. Heck, it is still one inch below what it used to be when I was short. My pecs jut out 4 inches past my ribcage and clavicle without even flexing. With being stretched in two directions and now filled out, a single one of my pecs is close to half the size of what my entire torso used to be. Both together, including the cleavage that rivals my wife's, are definitely bigger than my old torso. I no longer have a V-taper, it is more like a U-taper with my lats just flaring out. In an overhead pose, the width of my lats is somewhere around three or four times that of my waist. With the help of my lats adding slabs of muscle since they have so much extra space, my chest measurement is 95. Whoever said that a chest should be 12 inches over a waist obviously skipped chest and back day. Having a 2.8 chest to waist ratio has definitely got to become the new ideal. 

I cannot even grasp my traps any more. Then again, I have tiny 4'10" sized hands. Even more funny are my 4'10" sized feet. I wear a US size 6 for the comfort even though I could probably fit into a size 5. But my traps stick out so much that I can do squats without holding on to the bar. It can just fit in the groove formed from my traps popping from my neck. Just once I did a squat with a bar on my traps, a bar resting in the four inches of space at the top of my chest and a dumbbell in each hand. It was pretty epic - you can probably still find the video of me doing it somewhere on Youtube. Finally, we come to my delts. They were difficult to get going. With the clavicle lengthened, but scapula still the same, my delts were stretched in the weirdest angles out any muscle. Now, they do have some nice sized caps on them again, though I can feel that they are no where near finished with growing. The caps add an extra 2 inches to my width on each side. That puts me around 32 inches wide from tip to tip. I would take the hinderance of not being able to fit straight through most doorways over not having the height to reach things any day. I guess instead of a V or U shape, the T-shaped body might be a more accurate description, although my quads beg to differ with that assessment. I remember being worried about my width being less than 10% above average. I am closing in on 60% above average now and still growing wider. 

Since I am pretty lean, I think I could cut around 30 pounds and be contest ready at 420. If I do come out of retirement, I will probably need to assume a new identity for registration purposes. I would rather not deal with the questions that might arise. I gained almost 2 feet in height, close to a foot in width and doubled my weight. All the while, my waist shrunk by an inch and looks even smaller since it is elongated and can get compared to the monstrous chest and legs. Why even bother, though? Too many questions and too much of a hassle to get into that arena again. I personally know that I would wipe the floor with anybody on the stage. Instead, I should focus on gaining those last 50 pounds and see how I look at 500. Maybe if I really push my legs, I could make them as big as I used to be tall. I am just 6 inches away and have already put 28 inches on those tree trunks in the past few years. 

I know I promised the wife no more surgeries, but I wonder if she would be opposed to a penis lengthening surgery. I mean I used to be 8 inches at 4'10" and it does not look as impressive on my new body. Plus, my 7 inch girth compared to 52 inch quads makes me feel a little inadequate - though I still do not get any complaints. The doctors said during the spinal surgery said that there was a very small chance of increased mobility - yeah, I got that. The entire length of my spine gained around a 160% increase to flexibility. I am like an acrobat in the bedroom. With my massive muscles and mobility, I can contort into positions that have never even been dreamed of. Anyway, I lost my train of thought. Proportionally, my penis looks incredibly small. I think 11x8 would look a little bit better, though 12x10 would make it more in proportion to my legs. We'll see.

My retirement has been grand and it is only getting better...

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
35 minutes ago, Mdlftr said:

Unique story idea - a medically induced size increase to your skeleton, followed by intense workouts!  Amazing!

Thanks for the comment, glad you liked it :)

• Like 1

This was such an amazing story and a unique idea. It has me wondering which of these surgeries are even possible. I know they can do femur lengthening, but I don't know about any of the others. It seems that logically any of them should be possible if femur lengthening is, and it answers the question about how to keep things in proportion if you have some bones lengthened. Of course, I think that realistically the recovery from all of these surgeries, even if they are possible, would be absolute hell, but it made for an incredibly HOT and interesting story! 

I hope you write much more. 

• Like 1

Thanks for the info. I'm not actually considering going through with it, but I as someone who would love to be an inch or two (or ten) taller, I do find it an intensely interesting subject.  However, I just can't imagine going that route to do it.  I broke my humerus where the shaft meets the head (insert bad penis jokes here!) that required a titanium plate and seven screws to repair, and I still have pain and limited mobility with that after four years.  While this would be done under controlled conditions and certainly would be much better, the very thought of it sends a shiver down my spine. 

Speaking of Russia, there is one Russian site that sells an injectable that supposedly reopens growth plates in the legs thus allowing for a couple of inches of growth. It's very expensive, like $1,200 US, and I wonder if that would be at all effective, not effective at all, or worse cause some horrible bone infection.  I don't have the money to spend on such things currently anyway, but again, it is an intriguing idea.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kymuscleboy said:

Speaking of Russia, there is one Russian site that sells an injectable that supposedly reopens growth plates in the legs thus allowing for a couple of inches of growth. It's very expensive, like $1,200 US, and I wonder if that would be at all effective, not effective at all, or worse cause some horrible bone infection.  I don't have the money to spend on such things currently anyway, but again, it is an intriguing idea.

Are you talking about BMP-7? I've read that it hurts like hell since you have to inject right at the growth plate.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Desato said:

Are you talking about BMP-7? I've read that it hurts like hell since you have to inject right at the growth plate.

That is it. I had to go to the site and double check. Right now it is on sale there for 999 British Pounds, which would be almost $1,300.00 US. It may hurt, but I'm sure it can't be as bad as waiting for broken bones to heal. I would image it hurts like growing pains and a cortisone shot, IF it works. The place I saw it is called Russian Star Peptides. I certainly have enormous doubts about their legitimacy and the safety and purity of their products. 

• Like 1

I haven't tried that, but I have had some success with a couple of their products. 

4 minutes ago, Kymuscleboy said:

That is it. I had to go to the site and double check. Right now it is on sale there for 999 British Pounds, which would be almost $1,300.00 US. It may hurt, but I'm sure it can't be as bad as waiting for broken bones to heal. I would image it hurts like growing pains and a cortisone shot, IF it works. The place I saw it is called Russian Star Peptides. I certainly have enormous doubts about their legitimacy and the safety and purity of their products. 

• Like 1