Be Careful What You Wish For: Jack the Giver

tereshky

A football player thinks he's too smart to fall for Jack's tricks but learns you can always be more specific.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The snow swirled around in eddies as Butch Mitchell left the stadium. The fans had all left disappointed. He was a wide receiver and he’d just gotten pummeled out on the field, ever since his injury last year he couldn’t outrun the defense. No matter how hard he tried to sprint, he just couldn’t make his leg go faster. Instead of leaving with the rest of the team, he staid behind to drink in the club house until he could get out of there without running into the fans.

Tonight Ken Powers (an opposing cornerback) had taken him down more times that game than he could count. That guy was massive. His team mates called him “the beast”. He towered over everyone on the field and his powerful body ran into people like a train. “If only I could be a muscular beast like him.” He said as his driver took him downtown, past the Christmas shoppers and twinkling lights. It was their last game before Christmas and his family was out watching a musical with the kids. Lately he preferred that they didn’t watch his games.

The light turned red and the car stopped by an ice rink and he watched the people laugh and dance on their skates. Their happiness made him feel even more lonely. “God I’d give anything to be like those people.”

“Be careful what you wish for, the woman in the Rudolf sweater has cancer.” Butch turned and saw a stranger wearing a three piece suit and hat sitting against the opposite door from him.

“Who the hell are you?” He stammered. He didn’t remember anyone getting in the car with him and the doors were locked but he was rather drunk at this point so he wasn’t entirely certain.

“My name’s Jack and I grant wishes.”

“Oh Jesus… I’m wasted.” He knocked on the driver’s window and told him to let the guy out but when the driver asked who he was talking about, Jack was gone. He decided to get out and walk for a few blocks, thinking the cold air would sober him up before meeting his family. His wife had repeatedly warned him not to show up in front of the kids wasted.

He walked up to a park bench without noticing the people around him, unable to see past his own thoughts, filled with the end of his career. Wandering around without paying attention to where he was, he eventually collapsed on a park bench and put his face in his hands. “Why did I have to fuck up my leg last summer? Why did it have to happen to me?”

“Yeah… poor guy… about to face unemployment with only five million in the bank. I can’t imagine a worse life.” Butch looked up and saw the guy from the car sitting beside him on the bench. Snow was collecting on his overcoat.

“Fuck I’m cracking up.” He said. “I’m seeing things.”

“Oh no, I’m very real. My name REALLY is Jack and I do REALLY grant wishes.” He said tipping his hat.

“So you’re my fairy god mother?” Butch said sardonically.

“I wouldn’t say that,” Jack frowned. “But I’m the closest you’re going to get.”

“So I can wish for a billion dollars?”

“As long as you have someone else around to wish to so you can get out of prison when the IRS comes after you for tax evasion on your hidden fortune.” Jack grinned.

“Ahhh fuck… I gotta think of this kinna shit… what if I just asked for my leg to be like it was before?”

“So that your friend Mr. Powers can just screw it up again the next time he tackles you?” Jack added. “Sounds like the perfect use of a wish.”

“Ken Powers… that guy’s a muscular beast. I wish I was like that.” He said.

“You could be like him you know.”

“Yeah and then get kicked out for doping when I gain 100 lbs over night.” Butch said.

“You’re learning.” Jack smiled. “What if I could give you your wish without anyone noticing anything has changed but you?”

“Huh?”

“Your arms could literally burst through their sleeves in front of your mother and she’d ask you why you buy such cheap clothes.”

“Really? So you can make me into a muscular beast without anyone knowing that you did it? You could make me bigger and faster than ever?”

Jack’s green eyes twinkled as his mouth curled into a grin. “I can do anything.” He pulled out a card and handed it to him. “Just take this and make your wish.”

Butch laughed. “Heh, fairy godmother… I’ve already made my wish. Aren’t you supposed to pull out a wand and do a dance or something?”

A flash of annoyance passed over Jack’s face. “Alright… have it your way…” He flicked his fingers and sparks flew to the ground. Whirling his hand in the air, the falling snow coalesced into a white wand that he began to twirl around. “You want something more like this? Sala-gadoola-menchika-boola-bippity-boppity-BOO!!” He pointed the wand at Butch and a burst of energy hit him in the chest.

Butch felt like a linebacker had slammed into him as he was thrown off the bench and landed face first into a snow man. He slowly felt himself to see whether he was all in one piece before picking himself up out of the collapsing snow sculpture. He looked around but Jack was gone again. Wiping the snow off of him he pulled out his cell phone and called his driver to pick him up to take him home.

The next morning his wife woke him up. “Your coach called, he wants to have a talk with… Jesus Butch, why do you sleep in crap like that?”

He groggily opened his eyes and looked down and gasped. The loose fitting t-shirt that he always slept in had him in a strangle hold. The sleeves were fraying at the seams. Moving his biceps caused them to rip. Suddenly the wish came back to his mind and he pulled the sheets up to his chin to keep his wife from seeing. She just rolled her eyes and walked out. Butch walked into the bathroom and peeled the tattered shirt from his body and gasped. His arms and pecs were huge. He felt his muscles as they strained against his tight skin. “Fuck… that shit actually worked.”

Then his wife walked in and rubbed his enormous bicep. “Sorry to hear about your game last night. Do you think they’ll understand about the leg?”

“My leg!” He shouted and pulled off the workout shorts that he slept in, leaving him completely naked. His legs had swelled as well during the night. He stretched the massive sinuous thighs in the mirror. “Shit they’re huge!”

“Of course they are… you’ve only been working on them for ten years.” She said not comprehending his surprise. In her mind they’d been that big for as long they had been married.

“You don’t see any difference?” He asked.

“Oh dear of course I do. You work so hard.” She said, trying to be convincing not wanting to disappoint him. She thought he was talking about some marginal gains that she couldn’t really see. It was clear however that she didn’t notice anything.

Then suddenly he noticed his cock was dangling a few inches lower than usual. “Jesus my dick!” He muttered.

“Oh you’re ridiculous.” She said, walking out.

With her out of the room, he stepped on the bathroom scale and gasped. He was over 320 lbs. He’d grown 97 lbs during the night. Feeling his massive pecs he stared at his new body in the mirror. “How could she not notice the difference?”

“Because that’s what you wished for you idiot.” Butch jumped seeing the reflection of Jack suddenly standing in the corner. He quickly grabbed a towel to cover himself.

“How’d you get in here!?” He shouted.

“The same way I get anywhere.” Jack replied.

“Why doesn’t she notice how big I am?”

“Of course she notices how big you are. She just doesn’t realize you’ve changed. In her mind you’ve looked like this since college. And it’s not just her mind.” He said pointing to family photos on the wall. He was massive in each of them.

“What else has changed?”

“Absolutely nothing. You’ve had the same life you’ve always had. Even the clothes you were wearing are the same” Jack grinned pointing to the fact that his tux had ripped in one of his wedding photos.

“You better not have screwed anything up!” Butch growled.

“Or what?” Jack pulled out the wand from the night before and butch flinched behind one of his 25 inch arms.

“Ok ok you don’t have to be like… that.” When he looked up Jack was gone. He walked out into his bedroom with his towel on and grabbed his phone. His coach had called several times. Butch pressed the button to return the call.

“Hey big guy. You know I’ve been on the phone with the owner all morning thinking one thing. Why do we have you as a wide receiver? You’re clearly not living up to your potential in that position. I think a big guy like you would make a much better fullback. We want to make the change before the next game.” They spoke for a while until Butch suddenly wondered how his coach knew what had happened, after all he hadn’t seen him since the change.

“But how do you know I’ve gotten bigger?”

“HA! You’re a bucket of laughs. Also before I let you go, you need to get measured for a new uniform. You look ridiculous out on the field. I got a call from the commissioner this morning and we have to get serious about this. Looking back at it I can’t believe we’ve gotten away with it for so long.”

“What?!” Butch asked confused.

“Just turn on ESPN. Look I’ve got to run.” Butch hung up and turned on the TV and was shocked to see himself all over the screen.

“How did we not notice how ridiculous this man’s uniforms are?” Someone was saying as pictures flashed up on the screen. His shirts didn’t fully cover his abs in any of them. His uniforms were ridiculously stretched some of them were ripped. “The cups don’t even fit him right!” Butch gasped as the outline of his cock head could be seen through the tight shorts. “We checked folks and this goes all the way back to his college years and nobody said anything.”

“You see? Only you changed.” He glanced over and saw Jack sitting at the foot of his bed. “The rest of the world doesn’t think you’re any different.”

“I… I… don’t get it!”

“Of course you don’t Butch… you’re as dumb as a sack of meat! But you will… I haven’t even begun to give you your Christmas wish!” Jack pointed the wand at Butch and he was hurled into the closet. Butch sat up and was pulling the crumpled up clothes off of him when he felt his pecs bulging out even more. He looked down and saw his chest ballooning out with new growth. His arms and deltoids were inflating too as his skin stretched over ever more mounds of muscles. He looked up and saw the shirts in his closet rip and fall off their hangers. His cock snaked down his swelling legs and his balls grew to the size of apples. “Oh… fuck...” He said feeling his pecs pushing his fingers apart as they inflated.

He heard a massive amount of ripping as the pants all about him started to tear as his huge muscular butt got wider and wider. Everything he’d ever worn was getting torn to shreds. “What the fuck Jack! Why are you destroying my shit!”

“I’m not!” Jack walked over to the door to the closet. “You destroyed each one of these things when you put them on over the years.” Butch felt himself stretching as he grew taller, reaching almost the 7 foot mark but still he continued to bulk as he passed 450 lbs. His clothes were falling around him like confetti.

“But I never destroyed anything like this!”

“Oh but you did! You clearly can’t fit in any of this stuff but that doesn’t change history. You put this stuff on and it fell apart and then for some reason you had it washed and put back in the closet.” He tossed him his wedding photos, everyone was smiling like normal including Butch, but he was completely naked with shreds of his tux at his feet. His foot long soft cock and softball sized nuts were hanging down his massive thighs.

“Holy [bleep] folks! Can you believe they’ve let Butch Mitchel play completely naked for the last ten years!?”

“Oh come on man, that’s just the way it goes, the dude’s got a massive body, it can’t be easy to find clothes to fit all that.” Another commentator said.

“He’s not the first unusually large guy to play football. Why are we making exceptions for him?” The host asked.

“I guess because… well… I mean things have been this way for years and you aint said nothing yet.” Butch looked through the door of his closet to his bedroom TV. Blurred pictures of him getting tackled naked were flashing up on the screen.

“What I think you should be asking is why he got sacked so much by guys half his size.” He said.

Butch turned to Jack. “What the fuck is going on!?”

“I told you before. You’ve lived your entire life the way you have now. According to the rest of the world, you are as you’ve always been. You’ve worn the same clothes (or tried to), been sacked by the same players, done everything the same. But that doesn’t mean the future will be the same. Some people are wondering why you got to hang around naked everywhere other people are just going to shrug and remember that’s the way things have always been.”

His wife came into the room and found Butch going through his torn garmets. “Are you ready? It’s time to go to lunch with Pete and Carole.”

“I… uhh… was just looking for something to put on...” He replied.

“Oh come on, I’m in a hurry, can you just skip the ritual of destroying a pair of pants before heading out.”

“But I’m naked!”

“You’re always naked… that’s your thing… isn’t it?” She suddenly couldn’t remember if they had ever talked about something so obvious that she had always apparently taken for granted.

“I can’t go out like this!”

“Like what?” She said scratching her head.

“Not wearing any clothes!”

“Ummm… you haven’t worn anything for years and suddenly this is an issue now?” She was starting to think about it more. Why hadn’t this come up before? “Look we’re running late!”

Thirty minutes later they were sitting in one of the nicest restaurants in town. Everyone was staring. Butch was famous and his physique and exposed skin made him easy to spot. “Jeeze Carole people can be so rude, just because Butchy was on TV all morning doesn’t mean people have to treat us differently.” Pete and Carole were staring at the enormous football player who was turning red. They wondered how they had gone out like this all these years.

“So… what’s new with you two...” Carole said trying to turn the conversation.

“Well we’re taking Butch to a tailor this after noon.”

“A tailor? Wow, you’re giving up the ‘hang loose life’” Pete said, a little relieved.

“I mean… I like pants just like everyone else...” Butch replied. His skin was scarlet as he blushed under everyone’s stare.

“You’d never know it.” Pete muttered to his wife.

The days went by and Butch found an enormous robe that he could wear and cover up while his clothes got custom made. Christmas came and went and it was time for him to show back up at the stadium for their next game.

His coach came up to him. “Sorry Butch, the uniform didn’t come in yet. People are starting to have a problem with you going out naked every game. You’re not in regulation gear and the networks are wondering why they let you do this for years. I think you’ve got to stay in the locker room for this one.”

The game began and the players ran out and Butch sat in the team hot tub. He felt less out of place that way. He looked down at his massive chest, which was so big that he couldn’t see his abs anymore. “Why aren’t you out there?” He looked up and saw Jack sitting in the opposite end. His body would have been impressive if he hadn’t been sitting across from Butch. “I’ve never understood what people enjoy about these things.” He added pointing at the bubbling water.

“What’ve you done!? They’re not going to let me play!” He said pounding the side.

“Well… things could be worse. You could be a freak. Now you’re just someone who’s gotten away with something for years that society is rethinking. Your fans will still love you, your haters will still hate you, and you’ll still be rich. What’s the problem?”

“I wanted to play football! That’s the problem!”

“No, you wanted to be a muscular beast! And that reminds me… we have quite gotten there yet!” He hopped out of the hot tub naked and picked up the wand and dropped it in the water. The water turned purple and started to really froth. Butch wanted to jump out but he couldn’t move.

The purple color started to run up his veins and spread all over his body. His pecs bulged out as two new pecs grew in, stacked underneath the other massive set. Butch felt a pressure in his arm pits as two new arms pushed their way out from them. His balls grew to the size of melons, then soccer balls, then beach balls until they poked out of the water. Butch could feel his cock moving up his body, it was slithering all over him like a snake as he began to cum all over himself.

A long tail sprouted from his back side and bulked up as his toes arched and he began to growl. Horns sprouted from his elbows. All he could think to do was fuck someone. He turned to where Jack had been standing but he was gone. Then one of the assistants came in and took one look at Butch. “Oh fuck… he’s in one of his moods again.”

Butch sprang out of the water, holding his balls in his lower arms and pounced on the guy. In a moment the poor assistant’s clothes were missing and Butch’s massive purple cock was working it’s way into his ass. He groaned as Butch pumped him with gallons of cum bloating out the otherwise fit man.

A team manager walked in and saw what was going on. “Jesus… why did we think this was going to work?”

Meanwhile, hundreds of miles away Jack was leaning back in a chair in a room surrounded by hundreds of candles watching ESPN.  Four men were shouting at each other around a table.

"You're telling me that the Patriots have using a four ton monster as a wide receiver for years and nobody considers that cheating!?"

"Don't get me started Terry!  You've never liked Tom Brady or the Patriots!"

"You don't have to like a team to know cheating when you see it!"

"Well you never said anything about it when they hired him!  You're just jumping on the anti-Patriots bandwagon with everyone else!"

So you see, if you've ever suddenly come to a realization that you've been putting up with something ridiculous for a long time and you wonder why, it may be that someone you know has been making wishes from the wrong person.

• Like 20
  • Thanks 3
  • Upvote 3

Butch needs to learn to modulate his wishes!  If he ever gets the chance! Fun story!

thought: it would be fun to read a story about a duel between two magical entities who try this tricky stuff on each other.

[that's probably been done, but where and when aren't occurring to me just now!]

• Like 2