The Symbiote War - Chapter 16

theseventhwave

On 8/21/2020 at 5:01 PM, theseventhwave said:

Yep!  The next chapter is partially written.  The full story has been "story-boarded" since the beginning.  It's just a matter of figuring out how to write the details in a way that keeps the story on the path to the "right" ending.  I think the "foreshadowing clues" that I've sprinkled in the story thus far have been maybe a bit too subtle (or maybe subtle enough that once the ending is revealed, you'll have to go back to see the foreshadowing breadcrumbs).  But it has been quite an interesting challenge to try and find balance between "being true" to the characters and also keep the story moving toward this pre-determined ending.

My apologies that this has been such an agonizingly slow process.  This isn't the sort of writing I normally do.  I only started this as a way to say "thank you" to Xyggurat (and the other writers on these sorts of forums) for their beautiful work.  And now, after struggling to do this sort of writing - I've definitely developed a deeper respect for these writers on these forums.

Hey just wondering when the next update is or where if you posted it already ^^ cant find it but I am. so exited for it. :3

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thank you for your writing! As someone who's trying to turn out a piece or two, I can empathize (kinda? new to writing in general haha) with how easy it is to go out of whack with the initial storyboard when in the process of bringing the characters to life. Based on the foreshadowing, events and other snippets from the first seven chapters, my guess is that there are probably some characters you've yet to introduce, you've kinda lost track of some elements of the initial vision (Corrigan's cock shrinking is gone in later chapters, for e.g.) and one area you're stuck in is reconciling Corr's resistance towards causing further changes, with the fulfillment of Shawn's destiny. Perhaps somewhere between halfway to two-thirds of your initial storyboard, if I may hazard a guess?

If it's not too much to ask, could you direct me to some of your other works (the sort of writing you normally do), via PM maybe? It's as much as for my own development as a writer as it is trying to better understand the inspirations of this story's author.

• 9 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 8/21/2020 at 11:01 AM, theseventhwave said:

Yep!  The next chapter is partially written.  The full story has been "story-boarded" since the beginning.  It's just a matter of figuring out how to write the details in a way that keeps the story on the path to the "right" ending.  I think the "foreshadowing clues" that I've sprinkled in the story thus far have been maybe a bit too subtle (or maybe subtle enough that once the ending is revealed, you'll have to go back to see the foreshadowing breadcrumbs).  But it has been quite an interesting challenge to try and find balance between "being true" to the characters and also keep the story moving toward this pre-determined ending.

My apologies that this has been such an agonizingly slow process.  This isn't the sort of writing I normally do.  I only started this as a way to say "thank you" to Xyggurat (and the other writers on these sorts of forums) for their beautiful work.  And now, after struggling to do this sort of writing - I've definitely developed a deeper respect for these writers on these forums.

No need to apologize, life is busy. The series has been great to follow and I'm grateful for your work on it.

And when the next chapter(s) come out, I'll enjoy re-reading the series to refresh my memory of the story. I'll enjoy it a lot.

• Like 2