Pinned Featured Honoring Juneteenth & Reiterating Our Nondiscrimination Policy

CMiller

Juneteenth is a day to celebrate freedom and Black history, culture and achievement.

June 19, 1865 marks the day when enslaved people in Texas were finally granted freedom -- two and a half years after the Emancipation Proclamation was signed. President Lincoln’s Emancipation Proclamation became official on January 1, 1863 but it had little impact on Texas and slavery persisted there until Union soldiers arrived in 1865 and enforced the law. Juneteenth is known as “Black Independence Day” and it is the oldest known celebration of the ending of slavery.

While the date itself acknowledges a milestone in U.S. history, the sad fact is there’s work to do everywhere to combat racism and discrimination. The history of Juneteenth provides moments of great meaning for the Black community worthy of the attention and respect of everyone.

And while today is marked as a celebration for enslaved people we still have a long way to go with violence, systemic issues, and attacks to people of color. I want to reiterate our nondiscrimination policy  and what we expect of all our members who are here. We must embrace our differences while also respecting others with our words and actions.

Violating any of these is not tolerated and have always instructed the moderation team to remove and punish the offending users. Our guidelines reflect this and will always be the case with users breaking our guidelines.

I want to be very open and clear, if you feel like we have not upheld our guidelines please bring it to me in a private message on the forums or on Discord and I will personally address it and ensure moving forward we are consistent with our values. Do not hesitate to bring up any issues you may have.

I will leave you with a strong video on why we should honor Juneteenth:

• Like 13
  • Thanks 3