Pinned 4th Annual Storiversary General Discussion

CMiller

Thank you everyone for participating! It was a blast to read all of your stories and I look forward to next year.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

As another possibility maybe we can start next year with two slots per day. I was concerned that we wouldn't have enough interest but maybe this will encourage more. It may even bring in more people because it can mean if you crumble and cant write there's another writer available who will still post that day.

Punishment seems extreme not a fan of that option tbh. This is meant to encourage people to try to write stories they may not otherwise. Nothing like a punishment to push those people away.

Further maybe like for 2 weeks each person can only get one slot but for the last 2 its no holds barred? Maybe with like a max per person of 3? Just a thought

Will people still not write? Yep. Will there be a day with no post? Probably, but fewer. This however gives us at least one story a day, while making the environment MORE inviting to people who don't normally write as opposed to making it less inviting.

PS Can anyone tell i have a degree in education 🤣

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/30/2020 at 7:57 PM, Astromuscle said:

As another possibility maybe we can start next year with two slots per day. I was concerned that we wouldn't have enough interest but maybe this will encourage more. It may even bring in more people because it can mean if you crumble and cant write there's another writer available who will still post that day.

Punishment seems extreme not a fan of that option tbh. This is meant to encourage people to try to write stories they may not otherwise. Nothing like a punishment to push those people away.

Further maybe like for 2 weeks each person can only get one slot but for the last 2 its no holds barred? Maybe with like a max per person of 3? Just a thought

Will people still not write? Yep. Will there be a day with no post? Probably, but fewer. This however gives us at least one story a day, while making the environment MORE inviting to people who don't normally write as opposed to making it less inviting.

PS Can anyone tell i have a degree in education 🤣

Your suggestion is absolutely valid! Over 1/3 of the people scheduled to post stories didn't. To be perfectly honest, I thought this year was probably not the best for doing this, since we have a pandemic going on, but the interest was still quite high. It is funny to see this event moving further on into the year. The first two years were in April to coincide with the forum's anniversary, then year three moved to June, and this year it was moved to July. It would be next to impossible though to find 60 to 62 authors to fill up two slots per day. You would have to plan it out over several months in order to do that.