The unlikely friendship

equus

Chapter 4 was revealing.

Greg doent feel confortable around smaller guys but he now is started to befriend our main guy. I do wonder why?

WHat change now?

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Ro20316 said:

Chapter 4 was revealing.

Greg doent feel confortable around smaller guys but he now is started to befriend our main guy. I do wonder why?

WHat change now?

Keep reading. :)

• Thanks 1

PART 6

I was nervous as fuck. I was going to a gym I didn’t know (I always get nervous the first few times in a new gym) with a guy I barely knew who was one of the most beautiful people I’ve seen (in reality, not in a picture) in order to work out together. Such a perfectly normal situation, nothing to be anxious about at all.

FUCK.

This time Greg was first, and he was waiting for me sitting on a bench next to the gym entrance. With his gym bag he looked even more serious and athletic than usual.

- Hi Frank. Ready to lift some serious weights? – he welcomed me with a big smile.

- Hi Greg. Sure. – I wanted to kill him for the choice of the joke, but I did appreciate that he allowed himself such familiarity between us. That was new.

We entered, paid the one-time fee (we agreed we’d test the gym and get longer memberships if it turned out OK) and headed for the locker room. My heart was beating like crazy. I was seconds away from seeing Greg shirtless.

We found our lockers, conveniently placed just next to one another and then it happened.

Oh.

My.

God.

I had to use all my will to prevent myself from uncontrollably staring at his chest and arms and shoulders and neck and back and… I think I actually felt my knees weaken. He was just perfect. His proportions were just ideal, there was an obvious v-taper there. And he was a little bit hairy on his protruding chest and his cannonball shoulders and arms and the wide-as-fuck back… If I didn’t control myself, I could’ve started drooling then and there.

I took my shirt off and caught a glimpse of myself in a mirror that was to my right. The difference between us was devastating. I looked at Greg and he looked at me just nicely smiling. Sigh. I just kept on changing the clothes. I was always more attracted to muscle than to dick, but I noticed that his package seemed adequate to the rest. And his legs, not covered by baggy shorts, damn, those weren’t legs, those were tree trunks. As for his abs, they were visible yet not super ripped, but all of it still looked damn good and strong. He was fucking perfect in every aspect.

- So, what are you doing today? – Greg’s question ripped me out from my dreamy thoughts.

- I’m not sure. I guess I’ll do a bit of everything, I actually had a month’s break. – I wanted to have control over how much interaction I would be having with Greg that day and this plan allowed me to have that.

- OK.

- And you?

- Back and biceps.

Oh my, this is going to be a show. Did I mention I totally have a thing for how muscles work during pullups and often went out of my way at the gym to look at guys doing them?

We were ready. Greg’s choice for exercise apparel was obviously a tank top, a tight black one emphasizing all that there was to emphasize, what else could it be. It was almost like a plan to intentionally torture me. We started heading towards the weight room.

- Ummm, you know, I’ve been exercising on and off for a long time and I know how to do things in general, but I guess you’re more experienced, so… if you notice me doing something wrong or, you know, not perfectly well, let me know. – I wasn’t sure why I said that. But I felt the need to.

- Sure. No problem. – Greg smiled again. He was all to smiley today. It was cute and nice. But maybe he had a sinister plan that would humiliate me in some nasty way. Or maybe I was just going crazy at this point.

We started from a warm-up on treadmills, which meant unlocking the “seeing Greg running in a tank-top moving his arms back and forth while slightly flexed” achievement. I actually started hoping that once I got into the rhythm of working out, I’d stop focusing on Greg’s body so much. In general, as is the case with most people probably, my sexual functions always switched off the deeper I was into my own training and I was hoping that on that day this stage would come sooner rather than later.

The next hour was a very weird, kind of magical experience, which had me in a trance-like state of mind. I remember single snapshots. Like Greg doing weighted pullups as his second exercise with all his back and shoulders and back flexing and moving in this mesmerizing, controlled motion. Or him doing preacher curls towards the end of the workout, slightly sweaty by then, with his perfectly shaped, round, hard biceps gleaming and just screaming for attention. And in the meantime, the moments when he approached me to check on my workout and my surprise each time that out of all the people around this guy was actually coming to me of his own will and having conversations with me, not talking to anybody else in the gym, just being friendly to me. It was all just unreal, it did not feel like something that was actually happening. I think my own progressing fatigue as the workout continued added to this very strange feeling of unreality.

And there was one more thing on top of it all.

This guy was fucking strong. Like seriously strong.

I may not be an athletic type with lots of gym experience, but I know muscle power when I see it. The weights he used for every exercise were above average, even compared to other muscled guys around. 160 lbs for barbell preacher curls. 120 lbs of additional weight for pullups. In both cases that was for 8-10 reps. And he did all the exercises in perfect form, without rushing or cheating movements. He was totally in control of the weights.

At one point I actually mentioned that to him:

- You’re strong, aren’t you?

- Yeah, kind of. – he replied without false modesty, but without cockiness either. I looked at the sorry 14 lbs. dumbbell I was holding for my last set of biceps curls.

- Well, as you can see, I’m not. – I replied as jokingly as I could in this somewhat embarrassing situation. I remembered at this moment that this guy was actually 5 years younger than me. He just laughed in a friendly manner.

- That’s OK. Just keep pumping! – he said, giving me a pat me on the shoulder and left to perform another set.

My own workout was somewhat hectic and disorganized due to problems with concentration, both because of my focus on Greg and my feeling of inadequacy next to him, which kicked in at some point. Overall, I had better and worse moments moments at the gym, but I had days when I felt completely out of place even next to pretty average guys – in spite of my efforts, the results of my workouts both in terms of appearance of my body and the weights I used were unsatisfying. I was weaker than average before I started working out and still was now after a few years of attempts.

After roughly an hour we were both done and after a short cool-down on stationary bikes, we headed back to the locker rooms. I was kind of dizzy with the whole experience I’d just had, to the extent that I stopped paying that much attention to Greg, but I do remember how great his body looked being slightly sweaty. And that he smelled nice.

Before we left, my mind got back on its regular track a bit. A while later we were outside, and I knew that we would be parting ways soon. I started talking, kind of in an automatic mode, without really processing the thought before saying it out loud.

- Greg, listen, I have to tell you something. – he looked at me with this intent curiosity of his. – I… I have a thing for muscle. For muscled guys. I am very strongly attracted to them. Like, I know most guys are, but like with me it’s… more… It’s stronger… And because of that I may sometimes behave a bit strangely or something with you… Or… you know… look for a bit too long or something…

I was really embarrassed saying that. The moment waiting for his reaction felt like infinity.

- Frank, that’s OK. I didn’t notice anything very unusual in your behavior today, well maybe just a little, but it’s cool, I’ve no problem with that. – he stopped for a second, still looking at me. – But thanks for telling me. I appreciate it.

- Yeah. I… Well, I’m glad you’re OK with that… I really felt the need to tell you about this after today. I can try to, you know, control myself and stuff, I don’t want to make you uncomfortable or something.

- No worries, Frank, really. It’s cool. You didn’t do anything strange today. – he smiled. - So… another workout, say, the day after tomorrow?

- Yeah. Yeah… Totally. – I felt a wave of relief going through me. And a weaker wave of excitement – that’s as much as my pumped-out body allowed me at the moment.

We shook hands for goodbye, but this time Greg held my hand for just a second longer, giving me what I interpreted as a friendly squeeze. I felt… accepted? That was frigging nice, I felt warm inside.

After that each of us started going in their own direction.

- Frank, you’re an honest guy, aren’t you? – after a few steps I heard Greg asking and turned back.

- Yeah… yeah…. I try to be!

- That’s very cool. – said Greg, turned back and walked away, as did I.

“Wow, that was something.” – I thought to myself walking home.

That evening Greg was sitting on his bed before going to sleep. He thought to himself how glad he was to have met Frank. He needed a friend right now. That night he slept a bit better than the previous one. And the previous one.

• Like 19
  • Upvote 1

So, it looks like Greg might only be looking for a friend?  But Frank has certainly made his preferences clear.  The slender guy is going to have to use some wile to get the muscle-guy more interested!  Looking forward to how this plays out. 

• Like 1

I really like this story.  It's so relatable to what I'm guessing is A LOT of us.  The fear and anxiety of starting out lifting at a new gym with BIG and strong guys.  Meeting new people.

The development of their relationship is fantastic and so realistic.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1