New York Gyms Re-Opening

EverHopeful

Thank you! I’m planning to check both out, but wanted to get the opinions of people who have gotten use out of them 

I am leaning towards knockout currently 

• Like 1

Ironically I actually visited World on East Ave, Saturday.  Knockout closed earlier than I could get there.  I haven't been to that World in a few years and I don't really feel that it has changed much.  It's a decent gym but I wasn't as happy with my workout than if I had been at Knockout.  Due to a permanent issue with my right arm I like certain equipment which World didn't have.  I suggest that you try both and see where you feel more at home.  Knockout is it for me.  Having said that, I do also like Samson's Powerhouse, but their hours were short on the weekend before COVID and I don't know what they are now.  Although close to work for me, I like a little downtime after work before I lift.  That is very much an old schoolers paradise.  You can feel the muscle building there and it's generally a serious gym to train at, similar to Knockout.  I am sure World at all of their locations are, the Greece location seemed to have a serious crew when I have visited there.  I haven't tried Webster but that might be the most serious and that location is 24/hr access.  I'd consider a membership there or Powerhouse as  a second gym but I'm saving my money for other things right now.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Trekka said:

Ironically I actually visited World on East Ave, Saturday.  Knockout closed earlier than I could get there.  I haven't been to that World in a few years and I don't really feel that it has changed much.  It's a decent gym but I wasn't as happy with my workout than if I had been at Knockout.  Due to a permanent issue with my right arm I like certain equipment which World didn't have.  I suggest that you try both and see where you feel more at home.  Knockout is it for me.  Having said that, I do also like Samson's Powerhouse, but their hours were short on the weekend before COVID and I don't know what they are now.  Although close to work for me, I like a little downtime after work before I lift.  That is very much an old schoolers paradise.  You can feel the muscle building there and it's generally a serious gym to train at, similar to Knockout.  I am sure World at all of their locations are, the Greece location seemed to have a serious crew when I have visited there.  I haven't tried Webster but that might be the most serious and that location is 24/hr access.  I'd consider a membership there or Powerhouse as  a second gym but I'm saving my money for other things right now.

Thank you. I’d love to eventually train at Samson’s but the distance is a bit much for me atm. Looking for add to checking both out!

On 9/7/2020 at 5:27 PM, TimelessStrength said:

Thank you. I’d love to eventually train at Samson’s but the distance is a bit much for me atm. Looking for add to checking both out!

What is your general vicinity and willing distance to travel?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines, Terms of Use, & Privacy Policy.
We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..