Pinned Featured Major Updates

CMiller

@Jim Nobody is going to see the Oblivion theme because it's just a test theme that only admins can see. 

To everyone else I'm evaluating your feedback and trying to solve some of the little bugs you're having. I increased the font size a bit to make it readable and I'm trying to find a better font to use.

3 hours ago, Jim said:

@umdmuscle @RockyDragon @NerdJock

You cannot change the font in the default Dark Theme. However, You can change the theme to "Oblivion 4.4" which has a font without the serifs. To do that, scroll all the way to the bottom of any page in the MG Forum and click on "Theme" and then select "Oblivion 4.4". It's not as dark as the default theme but it's still a dark one. And, the arrangement of the header of the page has the notifications, email and profile all squished together on the left side of the page. It's not an optimal look and arrangement, but the font is what you're looking for. Give that a shot.

@boardman

You will find the notifications, email and profile area at the header on the right side of any page on the MG Forum. 

- Jim
Administrator

Thanks Jim,

I don't see the Oblivion but did change it from the MG Theme back to Default Light then back to MG and that seem to fix the font issue.  Strange...

image.png.d415881af14e4618ef6e47ffa2e0394a.png

1 minute ago, NerdJock said:

Thanks Jim,

I don't see the Oblivion but did change it from the MG Theme back to Default Light then back to MG and that seem to fix the font issue.  Strange...

image.png.d415881af14e4618ef6e47ffa2e0394a.png

The boss made some changes to the default font which looks really nice. As for the Oblivion 4.4 theme, I learned that it's only available to the Administrative staff. I sincerely apologise for the confusion.

- Jim
Administrator

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Musclemage said:

Is it just me or when navigating to a new page it appears in Light-theme for a split second before switching correctly to Dark-theme? 

Yeah, it does do that.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Musclemage said:

Is it just me or when navigating to a new page it appears in Light-theme for a split second before switching correctly to Dark-theme? 

It happens to me as well.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Musclemage said:

Yeah, it's pretty rotten. Finally found the "moon" icon to switch it to light theme. The dark theme is unusable with this behaviour.

On 9/15/2020 at 10:30 AM, boardman said:

See attached screen shot 

Screenshot_20200915-162917_Chrome.thumb.jpg.93abb81e9b625f13e09ef7393e876478.jpg

It's funny... I can see your Android nav buttons at the bottom of the image, but I also see an "iPhone esque" layout of the page you've displayed - note the home button at the top left of your image. I'm not finding any reason for you to not have the hamburger menu... The only things I can think of is to possibly update your Android OS (if one is available to you) and to update Chrome. Alternately, you might want to try Firefox.

I'm sorry I couldn't come up with a solid solution. I tried to find the issue and looking at the mobile version on an iPhone, the menu was visible on Safari. If I find a solid fix for your problem, I'll post it here so that if anyone else has the same issue, it might help them as well.

- Jim
Administrator