Pinned Featured Major Updates

CMiller

14 minutes ago, Jim said:

It's funny... I can see your Android nav buttons at the bottom of the image, but I also see an "iPhone esque" layout of the page you've displayed - note the home button at the top left of your image. I'm not finding any reason for you to not have the hamburger menu... The only things I can think of is to possibly update your Android OS (if one is available to you) and to update Chrome. Alternately, you might want to try Firefox.

I'm sorry I couldn't come up with a solid solution. I tried to find the issue and looking at the mobile version on an iPhone, the menu was visible on Safari. If I find a solid fix for your problem, I'll post it here so that if anyone else has the same issue, it might help them as well.

- Jim
Administrator

I now have the full view with the hamburger button. Not sure what changed but I now have the full view and access

2 minutes ago, boardman said:

I now have the full view with the hamburger button. Not sure what changed but I now have the full view and access

Excellent! I'm glad that the problem was resolved. Enjoy!

18 hours ago, Jim said:

Excellent! I'm glad that the problem was resolved. Enjoy!

iPhone user here. Can’t for the love of god find the hamburger button or the moon button- therefore no notifications or messages... attached is a screenshot of what I get.

used to love the site on mobile and desktop- now it’s really irritating on iPhone. For the record I’m on the new version of iPhone SE

Hope this can get fixed, becuase I love this site.

F5568B63-905C-49E6-9452-7862BB0D4EBA.png

52 minutes ago, Keychain said:

iPhone user here. Can’t for the love of god find the hamburger button or the moon button- therefore no notifications or messages... attached is a screenshot of what I get.

used to love the site on mobile and desktop- now it’s really irritating on iPhone. For the record I’m on the new version of iPhone SE

Hope this can get fixed, becuase I love this site.

F5568B63-905C-49E6-9452-7862BB0D4EBA.png

I could easily blame the wonky layout and lack of the hamburger menu on iPhone/Pad on Steve Jobs' ghost, but nah... I won't. I have very little experience with iPhones except constantly buying the latest and greatest iPhones (and iPads and Macs) for all my sons. I am a staunch Android user myself. I'm lucky though. One of my kids loaned me his iPad and on the stock browser, there's no hamburger menu - and no options to see any updates. However, when I launched Chrome and Firefox on it, I can see the menu. I will, however bring this up with the boss so he can submit a ticket to the software engineers or resolve it himself.

Try downloading Chrome or Firefox and see if that helps you.

15 hours ago, Jim said:

I could easily blame the wonky layout and lack of the hamburger menu on iPhone/Pad on Steve Jobs' ghost, but nah... I won't. I have very little experience with iPhones except constantly buying the latest and greatest iPhones (and iPads and Macs) for all my sons. I am a staunch Android user myself. I'm lucky though. One of my kids loaned me his iPad and on the stock browser, there's no hamburger menu - and no options to see any updates. However, when I launched Chrome and Firefox on it, I can see the menu. I will, however bring this up with the boss so he can submit a ticket to the software engineers or resolve it himself.

Try downloading Chrome or Firefox and see if that helps you.

Thanks for the tip Jim, Ill give it a go! :)

I had to update the theme a bit because of the flashing white issue so the menu might be gone. I am continuously tweaking it to try to get it better. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

• 2 years later...

Is it just me or has the format of the home page changed significantly? Previously the home page featured major menu items that you could drill down on. Now I see individual threads starting with some that go back to the beginning of time! Any way to go directly to the story menu so we can check out new stories posted?

17 hours ago, Xmanjakob said:

Is it just me or has the format of the home page changed significantly? Previously the home page featured major menu items that you could drill down on. Now I see individual threads starting with some that go back to the beginning of time! Any way to go directly to the story menu so we can check out new stories posted?

The forums looks and works as usual for me.

Also, if you have some kind of issue with the website, it's better if you post it here: https://musclegrowth.net/forum/5-problems-and-suggestions/

On 6/23/2023 at 5:23 PM, Xmanjakob said:

Wondering if this is a  mobile vs desktop issue?. When using my android device, I have the situation you describe with individual threads and old dates.  However, when on my laptop, the  desktop view is the same as always with menu items you can drill down into.