Pinned Theme Issues

CMiller

I've been collecting some feedback and have determined the dark theme we're using is having some issues.

I will be working on this for the evening to try to iron them out.

Please bear with me as I am one person who has limited time due to my regular job.

I will hopefully fix up everything by the end of this evening.

Follow the updates here: https://status.muscle-growth.org/incident/23513

P.S. I'm aware the mobile version has additional issues and I will try to address them with the work this evening.

• Thanks 1

Cmiller, this is unacceptable, we want all the changes done BEFORE we ask!!!  I can't speak for everyone, so I'll speak for my 5'1 115lb self, thank you thank you thank you for your time, your energy,  and commitment to this site.  You have always given and i appreciate what you do.  As much as I love a good muscle morph or strength story, you are my big strong hero and I mean that!!!!!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, liftme said:

Cmiller, this is unacceptable, we want all the changes done BEFORE we ask!!!  I can't speak for everyone, so I'll speak for my 5'1 115lb self, thank you thank you thank you for your time, your energy,  and commitment to this site.  You have always given and i appreciate what you do.  As much as I love a good muscle morph or strength story, you are my big strong hero and I mean that!!!!!

Thank you!

1 hour ago, PartPowerPartMass said:

The two themes matching graphically on mobile and the light/dark switch on the top toolbar is a giant improvement, thanks

That was the goal at the start but then we ran into technical complications.

Just a quick note:

Thus far my experience of using it on my e-reader is glitchy at best. The screen routinely blanks, then comes right back. Disconcerting but no biggie when I am reading, problematic when I am trying to compose a note such as this one, especially since (a) sometimes the keyboard disappears and (b) occasionally I get into a copy / paste function that I can't exit without pasting and THEN I can't delete the irrelevant pasted material.

My guess is that the problem is at least 50% my continuing to use Amazon's craptastic Silk browser on my antique Fire tablet but these problems did not manifest until the update.

Thanks for listening and for all your uncompensated hard work!

Richard

• Like 1

I honestly don't understand why this forum needs a new theme every other month with barely any positive difference for the users. Surely if you update a little less frequently you have to deal with fixing issues less frequently... 

I'm now dealing with a forum without a forum menu structure, forced to navigate by 'unread content' button, and am instead presented with huge ass blog previews. Which are one of the most absurd aditions to the forum anyway.

The recent them updates came with a fairly major, non-optional,  core software upgrade - and it had some bobbles.   Given that no one else has reported a lack of menu structure, etc -  please  (a) try clearing your cookies and cache  (b) If the problem persists, please send a screenshot. 

• Thanks 1

On 10/5/2020 at 12:43 PM, arpeejay said:

Just a quick note:

Thus far my experience of using it on my e-reader is glitchy at best. The screen routinely blanks, then comes right back. Disconcerting but no biggie when I am reading, problematic when I am trying to compose a note such as this one, especially since (a) sometimes the keyboard disappears and (b) occasionally I get into a copy / paste function that I can't exit without pasting and THEN I can't delete the irrelevant pasted material.

My guess is that the problem is at least 50% my continuing to use Amazon's craptastic Silk browser on my antique Fire tablet but these problems did not manifest until the update.

Thanks for listening and for all your uncompensated hard work!

Richard

I’m going to lean towards your browser compatibility and that’s not something that can change on our end due to the forum software we use. 

On 10/6/2020 at 9:02 AM, Aronymous said:

I honestly don't understand why this forum needs a new theme every other month with barely any positive difference for the users. Surely if you update a little less frequently you have to deal with fixing issues less frequently... 

I'm now dealing with a forum without a forum menu structure, forced to navigate by 'unread content' button, and am instead presented with huge ass blog previews. Which are one of the most absurd aditions to the forum anyway.

I understand your frustration. It was due to the update that we were forced to update the theme as the last one became incompatible with the update. Unfortunately we need to keep updating to ensure the forum is safe and secure. These updates include security patches that are crucial to integrity of the site. 

As for the forum menu structure it should all be at the top of the site is it not? If you can elaborate I can try to look into it.