Hiking for cardio

Trekka

I really don't enjoy treadmills and most cardio machines, but I will gladly go out for an hour or more and climb trails and hike trails through nearby parks.  Does anyone else enjoy the time in nature?  I have a couple of friends who I can generally hike with but I would like to find others who are likewise interested.  Let me know if anyone would want to join.  I generally prefer trails with elevation changes and keep to a pretty decent pace.  Maybe you want to jog it, that would be cool too.  At this point it may only be weekends until the gym opens earlier and there is time after work during the week. 

Hey, @Trekka  Just so you know, I heard Zach tell someone that beginning Monday, the gym will open at 5:00 a.m.  I know you were hoping to get in earlier.  I have been going at  6:00 a.m. and it's not busy at all.  

I would love to say, “See you there,” but I *might* be able to travel this weekend, and if I can, it will be a while before I am able to resume in the early a.m.   At 6, it has been very quiet, but there are the regulars, and early morning is my favorite time of day to train.  

• Like 1

My travel plans fell through, so I have been in each morning this week at 5:00.   In fact, I was the biggest guy in the gym today from 5:00 till 5:30.  

I was also the *only* guy there, but whatever. 

I love a quiet gym.  I don’t have to share my toys with anyone!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines, Terms of Use, & Privacy Policy.
We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..