My Roommate Rivals (CH 15 Added 25-APRIL-2021)

dredlifter

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The splendid thing about your writing, for me, is how it's character driven.  I feel like I really know these people and I have a desire to know them even more.  Yes, all the 'action' is great (and turns me on), but I also read your stories because I'm engaged with the characters so much.  Thanks, as always.  

• Like 6
  • Upvote 3

On 6/18/2022 at 9:00 PM, Ajs said:

Any update?

It's still coming.  The good news is I have the rest of the story plotted out.   We are on the final stretch.  I have the rest of the events and plot in my head.  The bad news is I now have to type it out. 

On 6/18/2022 at 10:14 PM, londonboy said:

The splendid thing about your writing, for me, is how it's character driven.  I feel like I really know these people and I have a desire to know them even more.  Yes, all the 'action' is great (and turns me on), but I also read your stories because I'm engaged with the characters so much.  Thanks, as always.  

Coming from you, one of the best authors here, this is the ultimate compliment.  I definitely take inspiration from you and how you put so much thought and effort and quality into your characters.  

• Like 11
  • Upvote 2

Keep on swimmin’ Dred. We all have lots of life to live.  Solidarity from someone who has about a bazillion unfinished and “not worthy” stories on my flash drive. Your stuff rocks!!! 🎉

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/20/2022 at 6:22 PM, Bjort said:

Solidarity from someone who has about a bazillion unfinished and “not worthy” stories on my flash drive.

Yup...that's me right now, too😅😂😂👍I whole-heartedly relate to this. Thousands of unfinished ideas and snippets on my laptop waiting to be completed 😅 But we'll get through this! 💪👍

@dredlifter: Take all the time you need. We'll be here, waiting 👍

• Like 4

• 5 weeks later...
On 7/3/2022 at 1:09 PM, DawnFire98 said:

Yup...that's me right now, too😅😂😂👍I whole-heartedly relate to this. Thousands of unfinished ideas and snippets on my laptop waiting to be completed 😅 But we'll get through this! 💪👍

@dredlifter: Take all the time you need. We'll be here, waiting 👍

I was going to post something similar to this on your story thread @DawnFire98 but in light of this and @Bjort's comments above it feels a bit more relevant here. 

I think trying out ideas, listening to your intuition and knowing what's working (and what's not) is all a part of the writing process. I have at least two unfinished/abandoned novels and dozens of abandoned short stories sitting on my Google Drive. You've just got to keep persevering and eventually you'll hit on something you think is worth it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1