Jump to content

My Roommate Rivals (CH 15 Added 25-APRIL-2021)


dredlifter

Recommended Posts

  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The splendid thing about your writing, for me, is how it's character driven.  I feel like I really know these people and I have a desire to know them even more.  Yes, all the 'action' is great (and turns me on), but I also read your stories because I'm engaged with the characters so much.  Thanks, as always.  

  • Like 5
  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/18/2022 at 9:00 PM, Ajs said:

Any update?

It's still coming.  The good news is I have the rest of the story plotted out.   We are on the final stretch.  I have the rest of the events and plot in my head.  The bad news is I now have to type it out. 

 

On 6/18/2022 at 10:14 PM, londonboy said:

The splendid thing about your writing, for me, is how it's character driven.  I feel like I really know these people and I have a desire to know them even more.  Yes, all the 'action' is great (and turns me on), but I also read your stories because I'm engaged with the characters so much.  Thanks, as always.  

Coming from you, one of the best authors here, this is the ultimate compliment.  I definitely take inspiration from you and how you put so much thought and effort and quality into your characters.  

  • Like 10
  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Keep on swimmin’ Dred. We all have lots of life to live.  Solidarity from someone who has about a bazillion unfinished and “not worthy” stories on my flash drive. Your stuff rocks!!! 🎉

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/20/2022 at 6:22 PM, Bjort said:

Solidarity from someone who has about a bazillion unfinished and “not worthy” stories on my flash drive.

Yup...that's me right now, too😅😂😂👍I whole-heartedly relate to this. Thousands of unfinished ideas and snippets on my laptop waiting to be completed 😅 But we'll get through this! 💪👍

@dredlifter: Take all the time you need. We'll be here, waiting 👍

 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 5 weeks later...
On 7/3/2022 at 1:09 PM, DawnFire98 said:

Yup...that's me right now, too😅😂😂👍I whole-heartedly relate to this. Thousands of unfinished ideas and snippets on my laptop waiting to be completed 😅 But we'll get through this! 💪👍

@dredlifter: Take all the time you need. We'll be here, waiting 👍

 

I was going to post something similar to this on your story thread @DawnFire98 but in light of this and @Bjort's comments above it feels a bit more relevant here. 

I think trying out ideas, listening to your intuition and knowing what's working (and what's not) is all a part of the writing process. I have at least two unfinished/abandoned novels and dozens of abandoned short stories sitting on my Google Drive. You've just got to keep persevering and eventually you'll hit on something you think is worth it.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines, Terms of Use, & Privacy Policy.
We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..