Deano's Winter: A Muscle University Story

muscleaddict

So far so good! Hopefully this will provide two or three more stops on the Deano tour, that is providing that you Brits ever get out of lockdown! LMAO!🤣😜😜

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sjdmuscle said:

So far so good! Hopefully this will provide two or three more stops on the Deano tour, that is providing that you Brits ever get out of lockdown! LMAO!🤣😜😜

Yes!  Didn't MA promise us that he would lead us on a Brighton tour of the Deano story attractions? 

• Like 2

Two

I look from my dad to a smirking Josh and laugh. Because I don’t know what else to do. Because clearly, this is some kind of joke. Dad has a girlfriend? What the actual hell?

“I’m not kidding,” Josh says, that smug smirk still on his face. “Tell him, dad.”

Dad groans. “Alright, gobshite!” he says to Josh.

Then he turns and looks at me. “Not that bloody weird of a concept is it?” he says. There’s something in his expression though. Like he’s worried. Like he knows it might bother me. That he has a girlfriend. What the fuck? Dad has NEVER had a girlfriend.

“When did this happen?”

I have this horrible sick feeling in my stomach. I don’t know why I’m feeling like this.

“They’ve been going out for months,” Josh says, cheerily.

What the FUCK? Why is this bothering me so much? Why is this making me feel pissed off?

“Who is she?”

Josh is still smirking. He’s loving this. I’m not loving this. Dad has a girlfriend. It just doesn’t seem right. 

“I met her at the gym. Her name’s Terry.”

I screw my face up. “Isn’t that a bloke’s name?”

Josh lets out one of his high pitched, twattish laughs.

“Oh yeah. Ha bloody HA! Honestly … you two pair of twats wanna bloody grow up,” he says.

I’m looking at the table in front of me. “Does mum know?” I ask. When I look up Josh is looking at me with his face screwed up, like I’ve asked a stupid question. Dad’s kind of frowning at me. Studying my face. 

“What’s mum got to do with it?” Josh says.

I shrug, feeling stupid. And awful. Why did no one tell me earlier? Why am I just finding this out now? I feel like they’ve kept it from me deliberately. Maybe that’s why I’m feeling the way I do.

“Your mum thinks she’s nice,” dad says, giving me this concerned look.

I nod, suddenly feeling awkward. 

“She is nice,” Josh says nodding. “Even if she is a bit, well ... butch!” 

“Do you wanna fucking slap?” my dad barks at him. 

“You’ll find out tomorrow at lunch, D!” Josh says. Then he slaps me on the shoulder and leaves the kitchen. My stomach clenches. So that’s what this big lunch is about tomorrow. That’s what all the secrecy has been about. 

And now it’s just me and my dad. Things suddenly feel really awkward. There’s this silence.

“You all right?” he asks.

I pull a face and shrug. “Fine,” I tell him. Like nothing’s wrong.

Because it shouldn't be. Because this shouldn’t be bothering me. My dad hasn’t been with my mum for years. My mum’s getting re-married next year for fuck’s sake. So why is the fact that my dad has a girlfriend bothering me so much? Why am I actually feeling pretty fucking pissed off right now?

I look at my phone then stand up. “Need to get ready,” I say, not looking at my dad. My dad. Who has a fucking girlfriend! Isn’t there an age limit to this kind of thing?

“Try not to get too drunk tonight, mate.” He’s talking in that calm tone he does when he thinks something’s bothering me. 

I don’t respond, I just walk away, grab my suitcase from the hallway and take it upstairs to my room. I suddenly have a strong urge to go out tonight and get totally fucking shitfaced.

“DEAN-O-OH! DEAN-O-OH!”

Three or so hours later, and I’m not shitfaced.

“DEAN-O-OH! DEAN-O-OH!”

As for Tony? Now HE is fucking shitfaced. Which is funny, because we’ve pretty much had the same amount to drink. I guess that’s because I have about thirty pounds of extra muscle on me. Much like my brother, Tony is impressed with the amount of size I’ve packed on since the summer. He even made me flex my guns in the pub we’ve just been in, which caused a nearby guy from a group of lads to shout, “Oi oi!” Which I kind of loved.

“Where are we going?” Tony slurs, as we walk towards North Street.

“Home! You’re wasted!”

“What?” he cries. He gets his phone out of his pocket with some difficulty. “Mate - it’s not even ten o’clock.”

I know I had the urge to get pissed and sabotage tomorrow's lunch with dad and whoever this woman he's met is, but now the night is almost over and I only feel a bit tipsy, I’m thinking it’s probably a good thing that I didn’t.

It’s not like I want to make a good impression on this Terry woman. I don’t really give a shit what she thinks of me. But it will save me a shit load of hassle from my dad. Plus - well, I keep remembering the time I went to that gay club in the summer and was too hungover to work the next day. When my dad had to stop the car for me to get out and be sick. He gave me so much shit about that. I was such a fucking mess at that time (and not just because of the hangover). I don’t really want to go back to that place. I feel like I’ve moved on from all of that.

Tony gasps dramatically and stops dead in his tracks. Then he turns to face me and puts both of his hands on my shoulders.

“We should go to a gay pub!” he cries excitedly.

“No!” I say firmly.

“Come on! I’ve never been to one!”

“They won’t let you in. You’re too pissed.”

“Please?” he pleads.

I tip my head back and groan. But I can’t deny that I feel a slight twinge of excitement at Tony's suggestion. Nerves too. But definitely excitement.

“I wanna see you kiss a guy!” Tony says excitedly.

I shake my head at him, failing to suppress a smirk.

“I wanna see you get your knob sucked.”

I let out a shocked laugh. “TONE!”

He’s smiling back at me, still with his hands gripping my shoulders. “Come on,” he says, more gently this time.

I look to my left. In the direction of the pier. And all of those pubs. I haven’t been to that part of the town since the summer. Since the day I wondered there by myself when that Pride event was on. I feel a sharp twist in my stomach as I think about that day.

I look back at Tony. And his pleading face. His big puppy dog eyes staring back at me. If Tony liked lads - could me and him be more than friends? Would I never have to pine after another lad again? I could be the best fucking boyfriend to him. I WOULD be the best boyfriend to him. What would he do if I lunged forward and kissed him right fucking now?

I let out a big groan. “OKAY! You have to try and act sober though!” 

Tony’s beaming at me as we head towards the direction of the pier. Oh, God. I can’t believe I’m doing this. I can’t believe I’m walking to a gay pub with fucking Tony.

“I bet they won’t let us in!”

“Just … flex your biceps at the bouncer or something.”

I laugh and shake my head. God, I’ve missed Tony. 

We’re coming up to the club I went to that one night back in the summer. The doors are predictably closed because it’s still pretty early. But I know there are some gay pubs around the corner at the end of the street. 

“Do I need to act gay in front of the bouncers?”

I give Tony a look. A group of lads overtake us and one of them looks back at me. He gives me this look and I feel a pinch of excitement. Then he smiles at me and I suddenly feel awkward.

“Who are you smiling at?” I hear his friend ask. Then he turns around to look at me. “Definitely straight!’ he says to his friend. Which makes me smirk. If only they knew.

We approach a big pub with music blaring from the inside. There’s a big rainbow flag outside. It looks packed but darkly lit. Kind of like a club. I passed this pub once. One day in the summer en route to another pub. My chest tightens and I push the thought away.

“Right - act sober!” I say to Tony.

My stomach twists as I approach the door. Why am I doing this? I don’t know why I’m worrying, or why I’m nervous. Because they’re not gonna let us in.

“Got it. Act sober. And gay.”

I shake my head and smirk as we approach the two bouncers on the door. One looks pretty young. Tall, stocky and kind of fit in his own way. The other one is shorter, bald, kind of rough but friendly-looking. Probably late thirties. Maybe even in his forties. He’s no bodybuilder but he looks pretty built. And on my God. You should see his fucking face right now.

He almost does a double-take when he sees me. His eyes are wide. Like he can’t believe what’s standing in front of him. (And I’m fully fucking clothed). He actually looks me up and down and raises his eyebrows. And he’s giving me this big grin. The dude has zero chill. But, I dunno - I kinda LIKE the way he’s looking at me. The way he’s just so fucking obvious and blatant about it. I mean there’s no doubt about it - this bouncer guy definitely fucking fancies me.

“Hello!” he says in a slightly suggestive tone. He’s still giving me that grin.

“All right?” I say, with a nod. I feel nervous. I’m pretty sure I look nervous too. Tony’s quiet (thank God). But then …

“I know I don’t look it but I’m a gay!” he declares to the younger bouncer.

For FUCK’S sake.

The younger bouncer gives the older one a wide-eyed look, but his colleague just laughs. 

“Have a good night, lads!” my new admirer says as he moves to one side to let us in. Then he focuses on me and gives me this cheeky grin. And I don’t know if it’s because I've been drinking but, I don’t know, there’s definitely something sexy about this guy. 

Tony’s looking at me and grinning like a lunatic as we walk inside. “We did it!” he whispers to me, “we’re in a gay pub.” 

I feel eyes on me as we head towards the bar. People are definitely looking. God - it’s like I’m right back in that club I went to that one night back in the summer. Where everyone was staring at me and that guy shouted, “Roids.” 

I felt like everyone was judging me then. I feel that now too a little. But I also remember what someone said to me about that particular event. That some of the people in there were probably looking because they were checking out the bodybuilder and thinking he was hot. I think maybe that person was right.

“If I go to the toilet will I get bummed?”

“Tone!” I say, sternly. “You can’t say stuff like that,” I tell him. “Just chill out.”

But Tony doesn’t chill out. He orders us shots when we get to the bar and the kinda fit barman doesn’t think twice about giving them to us. I’m starting to think that bouncers and barmen are a bit more relaxed in gay places. Or maybe it’s the biceps. Even though I’m fully covered up. Even though I’m kind of scared to take my jacket off right now. 

I hadn’t expected to be in a place like this tonight. Or any time over the Christmas holidays. The idea hadn’t even entered my head. But now that I’m here, standing at the bar surrounded by guys, some of whom keep looking at me, it’s like I can see all these possibilities opening up.

And yet, when I’m walking back through the queue for the bar, and I feel someone touch my arm, I feel something close to panic. I turn my head to find some wide-eyed guy giving me this smile that’s almost bordering on desperate. I have no fucking clue what to do, so I just awkwardly smile back and then carry on walking.

“Deano, you’ve pulled!”

I give him a look and shake my head.

“DEAN-O-OH! DEANO-O-OH!”

“Shut up, Tone,” I say, noticing people looking around. We find a place to stand. And it’s kind of funny. Because I can see guys looking. I can SENSE they want to come up and talk to me. But they don’t. Maybe they’re too scared. Maybe they don’t think I’ll be interested. Maybe they think I’m straight. Maybe things are just destined to always be difficult when it comes to the whole guy thing.

I leave Tony by himself to use the toilets. There’s no one else in here. When I’m washing my hands I look up to see my thick pecs spilling out of the V neck of my white t-shirt. I stand up straight, looking at my reflection in the mirror and shaking off my hands. I really do look like a tank in this North Face jacket. But I know I’d look like even more of one without it. Fuck it. I slide it off my shoulders and smirk at my reflection.

My upper body looks incredible too. Pecs straining through the white t-shirt material. Biceps bulging. Triceps too. 

And my thighs look fucking ridiculous in my painted on jeans. I haven’t worn them for months. Because I’ve packed on more meat since I last wore them they look even tighter than usual. Fucking. Ridiculous. I turn to the side and let out a little laugh. I can’t help it. I mean - my arse. My fucking arse!

Two lads suddenly walk into the toilet and I feel a sharp panic. “Woah!” one of them says. “You are HUGE!”

I don’t know what to say, so I just awkwardly smile at him. “Fucking hell!” he says, just gawping at my upper body. I won’t lie - it’s kind of a rush to get that reaction. I’m not really used to that. Certainly not at Muscle University.

His mate pulls a face as if his friend is embarrassing him and I walk out, failing to keep from smiling. But the rush of excitement I feel vanishes because there’s some kind of commotion near where Tony was standing. The barman’s there looking pissed off. And the older bald bouncer is there with him. When I get closer I realise what’s happened. Tony’s dropped his drink. For fuck’s sake, Tone.

The bouncer practically gawps at my chest when I walk up to them. You should see his expression right now. It’s like he can barely keep from smiling.

“Your mate’s had enough,” he says to me. “He’s gotta go. Sorry, lads!”

“I’m gay I swear!” Tone pleads in a slurred voice.

The bouncer looks at me with his eyebrow raised. He’s standing close to me. His stocky build covered up by his big blue shiny bouncer jacket. And I have a thought I did earlier. That there’s definitely something sexy about him. In all his big, bald, roughness. He actually wouldn’t look too out of place at Deano’s Gym.

“Come on, Tone,” I tell him.

“He’s in a right state!” the barman says.

“I wouldn’t leave him by himself. I think you better walk him home,” the bouncer says to me. His eyes veer down to my upper body again.

“He lives in Moulsecoomb,” I tell him.

“I’ll order him a taxi,” the bouncer says, getting his phone out.

“Ummm. Thanks!”

“No problem at all,” he says. He gives me this warm, almost cheeky smile as he puts his phone to his ear. I feel a little flutter of something. What is it about this guy?

“Taxi will be here in five minutes. Come on, lads,” he says, looking down at my upper body again. I put my jacket back on and the three of us file outside.

“How come I’ve never seen you in here before, then?” the bouncer asks me.

“Umm, I don’t really go out much around here. I’m at uni. Back for Christmas.”

“Which uni?”

“Montgomery. The one for bodybuilders?”

Shit. Should I have told him that?

His mouth curls into a grin. “No shit!” he jokes. He asks me what my name is. I think of my mates back at Montgomery.

“Shaun,” I lie. I look over at Tone, who doesn’t seem to have registered what I just said.

Something flickers in the bouncer’s expression and I feel a slight panic. It’s like he knows I’m lying, But he just smiles and nods and tells me his name is Harry. And shortly afterwards, Tony’s taxi pulls up.

I have to tell the driver Tony’s address because he’s too pissed to make any sense. 

When I turn around, Harry the Bouncer is engrossed in conversation with someone he clearly knows. He doesn’t look over. For some reason, I feel a surprising stab of disappointment.

I walk off down the street towards home, feeling strangely pleased with the fact that I went to a gay pub tonight and it wasn’t a completely disastrous experience (apart from Tony getting pissed and dropping his glass and getting thrown out of course). 

And then I hear someone shouting behind me. And it takes me a moment to realise that the person is calling after ME.

“Shaun!”

I stop and spin around. Jogging towards me is Harry the Bouncer. 

Harry the Bouncer who isn’t a bodybuilder, but still has a bit of muscle on him. Harry the Bouncer who’s not ridiculously good looking like the guys I’ve obsessed over in the past, but who has a certain handsome ruggedness about him. And this sort of smolderingly sexy quality about him.

Harry the Bouncer, who’s now right in front of me. Looking slightly flustered. But still radiating a friendly warmth.

“Look - I know I’m about twice your age. And you’re, like, so out of my fucking league it’s untrue!”

What the fuck? I feel a flutter of excitement. I’m smiling too. I can’t fight it. Which makes Harry smile back. That warm, friendly and undeniably sexy grin. Because there IS something sexy about him.

“But I’ll kick myself if I don’t do this. Can I just … give you my number? You don’t have to give me yours. Just … take my number. And if you fancy, I dunno, going for a drink or something before you go back to uni. Even just as mates!”

I don’t know what to say. Or even what to feel. I’m just, kinda shocked that this is even happening in the first place. 

A part of me wants to say no. Wants to turn around and just head home. Because surely no good can come of this? He’s right. He IS twice my age. And while I’d never say I was out of someone’s league, he’s clearly not the usual type I’ve gone for in the past (though when did that ever work out well for me?).

Instead, I nod and tell him, “Okay!”

Harry’s mouth curls into an even bigger grin. “Can I have your phone?”

I get it out of my pocket and hand it to him. He takes out his own phone and shifts so he’s standing by my side. The material of his jacket is brushing up against mine. And I feel something I haven’t for a while. Chemistry. And like something is actually happening. Between me and this bald bouncer who’s ever so slightly taller than me. 

And even just standing here next to him, him being this close to me, I’m starting to swell in my painted on jeans. 

“There you go,” he says, handing me my phone back. “No pressure to use it, Shaun.” And now he’s just giving me this look. The same look he’s giving me all night. Like he wants me. Like he really fucking wants me. His jacket sleeve still brushing up against mine. 

I just nod, not knowing what the hell to say. But feeling like if sexy Harry the Bouncer lunged his face towards mine and kissed me right now, I probably wouldn’t stop him. 

As I walk away, I have this feeling of elation. That what just happened happened. But then, my stomach suddenly twists. And it comes to me. That I don’t want to go back to that place. That that’s the last thing I want right now. That I’m done with all that shit.

I push all thoughts of Harry away and carry on walking home. The sound of the seagulls in the distance. A sound I didn’t realise I’d missed until now.

• Like 17

33 minutes ago, crushme99 said:

Mah man . . . cooped up under covid confinement, you have most certainly NOT lost your touch.  This is great.

Haha! Thank you, mate. It was fun to write something a bit shorter for a change. 

• Like 2

Deano has evolved, in a fairly short period of time, into a lovable, even dare I say sweet, character.  He's even naïve about how sexy his muscularity is to others!  I'm enjoying this read very much, and intrigued by where the story will take us with him and the pub bouncer, and perhaps the coming out to his family over the Christmas holidays?  

• Like 6