Deano's Winter: A Muscle University Story

muscleaddict

Wow! Deano´s Winter? I´m hooked! It´s nice seeing all those different characters again: Deano, his dad and brother and TONY, the big oaf!

I find it interesting, that Deano is surprised, maybe even hurt after finding out that his dad has a new girlfriend. Maybe he wants their family back together again. But I´m just rambling and speculating.

Chapter Two was a banger! I don´t know how else to say it! Seeing Tony’s antics was a mix of funny and embarrassing. A nice contrast to Deano´s more reserved/a bit more mature nature. The bouncer, Harry, is a welcome new addition to the cast (and maybe I would pine after someone like him, but that´s a story for another time.) I was pleasantly surprised when he ran after Deano (or should I say “Shaun”?) and asked him for his number. There´s still that little hope inside me, that our bouncer here might be a good friend for him, even if they don´t become boyfriends.

Did I miss anything? I don’t know; maybe I´ll check later.

All in all: awesome work. I´M HYPED UP FOR THE FOLLOW-UP CHAPTER!

• Like 6

On 3/4/2021 at 2:16 AM, WrestlejockCT said:

Yeah, have to agree, you haven't lost your touch.....and sign me up for that tour of Glasgow and Brighton! Welcome back!🔥

Thank you, mate. I have to confess I've never actually been to Glasgow so that one would be a pretty short tour. 😅

• Like 1

On 3/4/2021 at 6:04 PM, DennisFLL said:

Deano has evolved, in a fairly short period of time, into a lovable, even dare I say sweet, character.  He's even naïve about how sexy his muscularity is to others!  I'm enjoying this read very much, and intrigued by where the story will take us with him and the pub bouncer, and perhaps the coming out to his family over the Christmas holidays?  

I'm really glad you're enjoying it, mate. I loved writing this and re-visiting these characters. Though I'm not sure how Deano would feel about someone describing him as sweet. 😅

• Like 2

3 hours ago, DawnFire98 said:

Wow! Deano´s Winter? I´m hooked! It´s nice seeing all those different characters again: Deano, his dad and brother and TONY, the big oaf!

I find it interesting, that Deano is surprised, maybe even hurt after finding out that his dad has a new girlfriend. Maybe he wants their family back together again. But I´m just rambling and speculating.

Chapter Two was a banger! I don´t know how else to say it! Seeing Tony’s antics was a mix of funny and embarrassing. A nice contrast to Deano´s more reserved/a bit more mature nature. The bouncer, Harry, is a welcome new addition to the cast (and maybe I would pine after someone like him, but that´s a story for another time.) I was pleasantly surprised when he ran after Deano (or should I say “Shaun”?) and asked him for his number. There´s still that little hope inside me, that our bouncer here might be a good friend for him, even if they don´t become boyfriends. 

Did I miss anything? I don’t know; maybe I´ll check later.

All in all: awesome work. I´M HYPED UP FOR THE FOLLOW-UP CHAPTER!

Thanks for the awesome feedback, matie. I think you pretty much covered it all! 😅 Deano's feelings about Terry are explored later on but you have to think it's been him, his brother and dad for years so anyone new coming into the fold he's bound to feel threatened. Will post the next one over the weekend! 😊

• Like 2

Nice to come back and read the next installment of Deano's series!

Even from the first chapter, I could already see how much Deano has grown and matured since what he went through, over the summer, and falling for Ryan North.

I think Deano is feeling pissed about his father having a girlfriend again, because he's a bit jealous because everyone seems to have someone special, but him, and so he's closed off to putting his heart out there, again, like he did with Ryan. But that will change once he meets the right person.

Deano, also, still has his loud-mouthed twat tendencies, but nice to see he's matured in that area as well.

Can't wait to see what's in store for Deano, this winter. This will be a great read for me, while I'm taking breaks writing my own story.

• Like 4

14 hours ago, Shawn1978 said:

Nice to come back and read the next installment of Deano's series!

Even from the first chapter, I could already see how much Deano has grown and matured since what he went through, over the summer, and falling for Ryan North.

I think Deano is feeling pissed about his father having a girlfriend again, because he's a bit jealous because everyone seems to have someone special, but him, and so he's closed off to putting his heart out there, again, like he did with Ryan. But that will change once he meets the right person.

Deano, also, still has his loud-mouthed twat tendencies, but nice to see he's matured in that area as well.

Can't wait to see what's in store for Deano, this winter. This will be a great read for me, while I'm taking breaks writing my own story.

Thanks, Shawn - I'm glad you're liking it so far. He's definitely matured but I'll let you read the rest of the story before you decide how much. 😅 Hope you're still enjoying writing your own story. 

• Like 3

Three

“What bloody time do you call this?” my dad says to me when I walk into the kitchen the next morning.

“It’s the holidays,” I groan as I sit down at the table.

“Your whole bloody life’s a holiday,” my dad says. “We’re leaving at one.”

“Great!” I mumble sarcastically.

Dad narrows his eyes at me in a stern manner. “And don’t you dare wear that bloody hoodie,” he says, looking at the “Montgomery University” text printed on my chest.

“What am I supposed to wear, then?”

He lets out a big sigh and stands up from the table. “A bloody shirt. Or a jumper or something.”

For fuck’s sake.

“Seems like a lot of effort,” I say. It’s almost like I’m determined to wind him up. I look at Josh and smirk. “For some bloke called Terry.”

Josh tips his head back and laughs. 

“What the bloody hell did I do to deserve you two?” my dad says.

For some reason, I’m not feeling that bothered about the fact that dad has a girlfriend who I’m on my way to meet right now like I was last night. Maybe that’s partly because of what happened on my night out with Tony. I think I’m on a little bit of a high from the whole Harry the Bouncer thing. I keep thinking about when he was standing next to me, his arm brushing against mine. Every time I do, every time I think about him in general, I start swelling. What the fuck is wrong with me? Getting a hard-on over a bald bloke twice my age. But there was something about him. There just was. 

I still think dad having a girlfriend is fucking weird though. It’s always just been me, dad and Josh. The idea of someone new coming in just doesn’t seem right. I doubt it’s anything serious, anyway. And I bet it doesn’t last. By the time I come back for Easter they’ll have probably broken up and I’ll never see her again.

Okay - so I know I wasn’t feeling that bothered about the whole thing, but as soon as me, dad and Josh are out of the car and we’re walking up to the entrance of a pub that looks like a little cottage and I spot some tall blonde woman with surprisingly broad shoulders standing by the entrance, my stomach churns.

She’s so done up. Jesus. Who is she trying to impress? She looks like some kind of high powered business woman that you wouldn’t want to mess with. But one who’s a bit rough around the edges. She’s almost the complete opposite of my mum.

I don’t know why, but almost straight away, I dislike this woman.

Josh walks up to her and kisses her on the cheek. Ugh. That pisses me off. It feels like such a Josh thing to do.

Dad doesn’t do that though. There are no hugs or kisses or anything. I guess he's not really the type to do that. They look comfortable together though, I guess.

“Here he is then,” my dad says pointing to me. “The inferior Deano.”

I groan internally.

“The one who’s almost making me bloody bankrupt with those university fees.”

Terry gives me a knowing smile. Or at least she tries to. “All right, Deano?” she says, still smiling.

I nod. “All right.”

Josh gives dad a look, who rolls his eyes in response as we all walk into the pub. Which fucking pisses me off. What the fuck more do they want from me?

I end up sitting opposite Terry at lunch. Which is pretty fucking awkward. Her eyes keep going to me. I get this feeling she’s building up to talk to me or ask me a question or something. I hope she bloody doesn’t. 

“Are you enjoying uni then, Deano?”

Yep. There it is. I look at my dad. I don’t really know why. Maybe I’m hoping he’ll save me or something.

“Mmmm. It’s good,” I say, picking up my glass and taking a swig.

God this is awkward.

“My lad, Archie’s applying to go next year. He’s got his heart set on Durham for some reason.”

So she has a son? Huh. I wonder what the hell he thinks of dad.

“I think he just wants to get as far away from me as he possibly can.”

I wonder fucking why. I’d so love to say that out loud. But I don’t. (Obviously.) Not just because I’d end up looking like a complete twat. But because, even though I’m not particularly warming to this Terry woman, she hasn’t technically done or said anything to warrant me being rude to her. I mean, she’s actually being pretty nice to me. Plus, well, my dad would fucking kill me.

“Hmmm. Sounds like someone else I know!” my dad says, looking at me wide-eyed.

Terry does that knowing smile thing that says something like, “Aren’t dads bloody embarrassing?” Like she’s on my side or something. Why does she keep doing that?

I shoot dad a confused look. Because he’s talking complete bollocks. Me going to Montgomery has nothing to do with getting away from him. Or anyone else for that matter. I went because it’s a university for fucking bodybuilders.

“Must be handy for you, Deano - your dad owning a bodybuilding gym,” Terry says. Apparently, she’s not giving up trying to make conversation with me.

My dad scoffs loudly. “He won’t go anywhere near the bloody place!” he barks.

What the FUCK? My insides clench. I suddenly feel like I want the ground to swallow me up. I have no idea what to say.

“I will!” I protest.

“That’s true, actually!” Josh pipes up. “You wouldn’t go in after you quit in the summer.”

I look at my dad. He’s got this weird look on his face. Like he’s regretting what he just said. Like he knows it’s a sore subject. And that there’s a reason I don’t go to the gym anymore. 

He goes back to his food. “Stop winding your brother up,” he says to Josh, not looking at me again.

Fucking hell. Did that actually just happen?

And just when I start to think that I couldn’t possibly want the ground to swallow me any more than I do right now, I hear a voice that makes my heart jump into my throat.

“All right, Deano!”

I know the voice before I see who it belongs to. I panic, look up and sure enough, standing next to our table, looking down at my dad with a big grin on his face is HARRY THE FUCKING BOUNCER. Harry who gave me his phone number last night. Harry who clearly fucking fancies me.

“Bloody hell. All right, mate?” my dad says.

What the FUCK is going on? How does my dad know Harry the Bouncer?

“Haven’t seen you in ages, mate,” my dad says.

Harry’s not wearing his big shiny bouncer jacket. He’s got a white t-shirt on. And wow - I’m quietly impressed by how much muscle he’s got on him. I totally wasn’t expecting that. His arms look pretty fucking meaty. Maybe he actually used to be a bodybuilder?

But I’m hoping, I’m PRAYING that he doesn’t spot me.

“What are you up to these days?”

“Working here and there,” Harry says. And then … oh my God. Oh my FUCKING God. He turns and glances at the table. And he spots me. He’s seen me. Ground. Whole. Me. Swallow. NOW.

My whole body goes into a panic as he looks at me. He looks surprised. And a little awkward and weirded out too. Because it IS fucking awkward. Because the guy who came on to me last night is now here standing over me and talking to my fucking DAD who he apparently knows.

I’m praying he doesn’t acknowledge me. That he doesn’t say anything. God knows what’s going on in his head right now. Has he put two and two together? That my name’s not really Shaun. That I’m actually Deano Watkins’ son.

Or maybe he already knew last night. Maybe he knew exactly who I was the second he caught sight of me. Maybe that’s why he was looking at me the way he was/ I mean - if he knows my dad, wouldn’t he recognise me as his doppelgänger look-alike mini-me son?

I bury my head in my coke as Harry the Bouncer (and apparent mate of my dads!) says goodbye and leaves. But I swear I spot him looking at me out of the corner of his eye before he leaves. In fact, I know I do.

I’m almost tempted to ask my dad about him. But I can’t. Because I don’t think I’d be able to do it without seeming nervous. Which would rouse a shit ton of suspicion. So I just keep quiet for the rest of the lunch,

I’m still thinking about Harry the Bouncer when lunch is over and the three of us are back in dad’s Land Rover.

“So, D …” Josh says, leaning forwards from the back seat, “what do you think of your new step-mum?” 

“Oi!” my dad barks at Josh. “Shut it, you.”

I don’t respond. My dad looks at me for a brief moment - maybe to see what my reaction is. I know Josh is only being a twat and trying to wind me up, but something about that comment has really bugged me.

“You could’ve been a bit more chatty, Deano,” my dad says, relatively calmly.

That pisses me off. “I’m hungover!” I protest.

I’m staring straight out of the front window. I don’t really think about what I’m about to say (or whether I should say it).

“Who was that guy?”

Fuck. I actually can’t believe I just said that.

“What guy?” my dad barks. Like I’ve just asked a really unusual question.

“The guy who came over to us.”

“He used to train at the gym. Why? What’s it to YOU?” he asks, looking at me suspiciously. Fucking hell.

“He just looked familiar,” I mumble.

My dad doesn’t respond.

“Did he used to be a bodybuilder?”

My voice sounds nervous.

My dad turns his head sharply. “Oh so NOW you wanna be chatty?”

He doesn’t answer my question so I drop the subject. Josh leans towards me again and pats me on the shoulder. “Wait until you meet your new step-brother!” he says, excitedly.

“Shut the fuck up, Josh!”

When we get home I put one foot on the staircase when my dad calls me back.

“Oi!”

For FUCK’S sake.

I spin around. My dad looks kind of awkward. Like he doesn’t know what to say. Which is so fucking unusual for him. I almost want to laugh.

“That wasn’t too painful, was it?”

I know what he’s really asking me. He wants to know what I thought of Terry. He wants my approval, Though he’d never admit it.

I just shrug and pull a face. “Suppose not.”

He raises an eyebrow at me, looking a little unsure. Then he rolls his eyes and walks off.

But as I climb the stairs to my room, my stomach twists. Because I’m thinking about Josh’s comments in the car. 

What if my dad really DOES end up marrying this Terry woman? What if she moves in here with her son? Or my dad sells the house and shacks up with them? Where the fuck would that leave me? Mum with Gary and Chloe. Dad with his new wife and step-son. I know I’m, like, an adult now and everything but I just HATE the thought of something like that happening. Of us not living in this house. Me, dad and Josh. Like it's been for all the years since mum left. I hate the thought of coming back to Brighton and not having the bed I’m now crashed on. Of not being able to look out of my bedroom window the way I am now with my cheek sunk into my pillow. 

Why do things have to change? Why can’t things just stay the same? Why can’t Terry and her son, Archie, just fuck off and leave us alone? Let us carry on the way we have been for the last twelve years. And now that I’m thinking about it - what kind of twat name is Archie? It’s a fucking dog’s name.

I end up falling asleep for a little while to sleep off the slight hangover I have from last night. When I wake up, it’s not dad’s new girlfriend I’m thinking about, but someone else I saw today. 

I’m thinking about Harry the Bouncer. 

Harry the Bouncer who gave me his number last night outside the gay pub I went to. Harry the Bouncer who blatantly fancied me. Harry the Bouncer who I got a hard-on from standing next to in the street. Harry the Bouncer WHO KNOWS MY FUCKING DAD.

I don’t know if I should be more freaked out by this knowledge. It doesn’t sound like he and my dad are in regular contact though. My dad said he hadn’t seen him for years. Harry used to go to Deano’s. That’s all. I very much doubt he’s going to be texting my dad to tell him his son was in a gay pub last night. Especially when he’s obviously either gay or bi himself. I feel like I could probably trust Harry. Which is a bit crazy, considering I don’t actually know him. But I kind of just get that feeling.

Still - I’d love to know whether he actually knew who I was last night. Or whether seeing me today with the owner of the gym he used to train at was a complete surprise. He LOOKED surprised, at least.

What’s funny about Harry the Bouncer is - every time I think about him, for some reason I start to swell. Even now, as I’m lying on my bed, I have a hard on which is straining my tight fitted, painted on jeans. What the fuck is that about? He’s hardly similar to the types of guys I’ve gone for in the past. (All two of them.)

I didn’t even look at my phone after he put his number in there last night. I reach for it now and scroll through my contacts. And there he is. And now I’m suddenly smiling. Because next to the name “Harry” he’s written (TEXT ME). Ha! I like it.

I roll my tongue around the inside of my mouth. Wondering whether I should do just that. Text Harry the Bouncer.

It’s like one half of my brain is saying, “Do it, do it, do it.” And the other is telling me not to. To just leave well alone.

I go to my messages and type one word. “Hi”. I know that’s shit. But I have no idea what else to say.

I hover my finger over the send button. 

DO IT, DO IT, DO IT.

No, Deano. DON’T do it.

Fuck it. I hit send. (I did it!) And now I’m wishing that I hadn’t. My stomach feels like it’s tightening. And I’m instantly regretting the whole thing.

But when Harry’s reply of “Who’s this??” comes through, it surprises me just how pleased I am that he’s text me back. And how excited it makes me feel to get his reply.

But now my stomach is clenching again. Because now I have to text him back. Who am I? It should be a pretty simple answer. Except it's actually kind of not. Because for a start, I lied to him about what my name was.

Maybe I should reply with “DEANO WATKINS’ SON” in capital letters. (Shocked face emoji.)

Instead, I type, “The guy from last night” and hit send. Then I reason that he could have given his number to a number of lads. Maybe that’s just a thing he does, so I follow it up.

“You called a taxi for my friend.”

And just as I’m typing “The bodybuilder” Harry’s reply comes through. Or more like an onslaught of messages right after the other.

Harry (TEXT ME)

Shaun?? 

OMG!!

I can’t believe you actually text!

WOO-HOO!

(Excuse me for a minute.)

What the fuck? I’m biting my lip and grinning into my phone. And then his next reply comes through.

Harry (TEXT ME)

Sorry! Just had to run around the garden a few times shouting, “HE TEXT ME!” at the top of my voice. 

And now I’m laughing out loud into my phone. What the FUCK? This guy’s a nutter.

I have no idea how to respond, so I just send two crying face emojis.

He apologies again and asks me how I am, then he asks me how my friend (Tony) is feeling today. And then he sends a message which makes me instantly nervous.

Harry (TEXT ME)

So that was a nice surprise earlier!

Shit. I look at the message on my phone, not knowing how to respond. My chest tightens as I write my reply. “So I guess you know my dad then??”

I look at the message before I hit send. Is this a good idea? Do I really want to do this? Fuck it. I go ahead and send the text.

I feel a strange mix of excitement and fear as I wait for Harry’s response. And then … my fucking phone starts ringing. Harry the Bouncer is calling me! I feel a sharp panic. Who the fuck CALLS people any more? Just send a text!

I’m not replying. I can’t talk to Harry. Not with my dad downstairs. I just can’t do it.

My phone stops ringing. And then I get a text.

Harry (TEXT ME)

Answer your phone!

Erm … FUCK OFF! (I don’t actually message that obviously.) I’m starting to think that this whole thing was a mistake. Texting Harry (who knows my fucking dad). I put my phone down. This feeling of disappointment and regret where not long ago was something positive and exciting. 

And then I get another series of texts.

Harry (TEXT ME)

I used to go to Deano’s Gym. 

I haven’t seen your dad for years.

You have nothing to worry about!

And just like that, the whole thing feels like a good idea again. Feelings of relief and excitement sweeping through me.

But I don’t reply. I don’t really know why. Maybe I should end it there? Forget about Harry the Bouncer. Spend the rest of the Christmas holidays hanging out with Tony and Nick and doing all of the usual family stuff before I go back to Montgomery after New Years.

But then my phone beeps again. This guy’s clearly not giving up easily.

Harry (TEXT ME)

So...this might be a long shot but since you did text me (OMG HE TEXT ME!) is there any chance you wanna go for a drink? With ME? (Smiley face emoji).

Fuck. My chest tightens as I look at the message. 

Harry (TEXT ME)

Just one drink!

As mates.

I’ll pay.

Fuck, fuck, fuck. I’m rolling my tongue around the inside of my mouth, just looking at Harry’s texts on my phone screen. A mix of nerves and excitement going through me. Because it feels like something is happening. A part of me wants to say yes. A BIG part of me.

Just one drink. With Harry the Bouncer. Surely nothing bad can come of this? Surely this can’t end like it did last time? Surely?

I text him back with, “Okay! When?”

Harry (TEXT ME)

OMG! He actually said yes. He wants to go for a drink with me! 

(Excuse me for a minute.)

I’m grinning into my phone and shaking my head. I think I know what’s coming next.

Harry (TEXT ME)

Sorry! Just had to run around the garden a few times shouting, “HE WANTS TO GO FOR A DRINK” at the top of my voice. 

And now I’m laughing into my phone again. I agree to meet him tomorrow night at the bottom of St James Street. The day before Christmas Eve. One drink. With Harry the Bouncer. That’s all it is. Just one drink.

I throw my phone down the end of the bed, roll over on my side and close my eyes. My stomach twisting. My chest tightening. My Harry-related hard on (about my twentieth fucking one in the last twenty-four hours) straining through my jeans and digging into the mattress.

• Like 13
  • Haha 4

Wow!  Loved it and thanks.  Deano Jr. sounds a little smitten with the daddy, Harry, who certainly sounds smitten with our Uni student protagonist.  And is something up MA's sleeve for us with an Archie/Deano Jr relationship?  All the possibilities!  Bring on the next chapter soon, please!

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, DennisFLL said:

Wow!  Loved it and thanks.  Deano Jr. sounds a little smitten with the daddy, Harry, who certainly sounds smitten with our Uni student protagonist.  And is something up MA's sleeve for us with an Archie/Deano Jr relationship?  All the possibilities!  Bring on the next chapter soon, please!

I'm a bit smitten with Harry myself! 🤪 You will get to meet Archie a bit later on. If his dad stays with Terry though that could be a bit weird! 😅

• Like 6

3 hours ago, muscleaddict said:

Josh leans towards me again and pats me on the shoulder. “Wait until you meet your new step-brother!” he says, excitedly.

Wellllllllllll, just where might *that* be leading us???  😀

• Like 5