MassX 6 - Muscle in the Time of Quarantine

MaxMann

On 8/3/2021 at 12:49 PM, Dodger said:

You can most of them here I believe: MassX.

On 8/6/2021 at 7:12 PM, nypup2train said:

They're also all in the old-old 2007 MGS offline archive download. But now that the ancient Rapidshare download link has stopped working1 I'm not sure where that can actually be downloaded anymore.

1. (Because rapidshare.com itself is no more. The DNS record for the hostname has been pointed to the address 0.0.0.0, which appears to be treated as localhost on my system.)

Many thanks for the help! 

• 1 month later...
On 8/14/2021 at 4:36 AM, Kymuscleboy said:

Many thanks for the help! 

That feels like overstating it, since I realized afterwards that what I basically said was, "Here's where you used to be able to download those stories, but can't anymore." Some help! 😅

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 9/19/2021 at 6:48 PM, nypup2train said:

That feels like overstating it, since I realized afterwards that what I basically said was, "Here's where you used to be able to download those stories, but can't anymore." Some help! 😅

I actually downloaded the archive, but knowing what's it in can be a challenge. So, you actually were a big help to me.

If anyone else needs the story/stories, I can send what I have either by DM or email. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

On 11/15/2021 at 2:10 AM, Kymuscleboy said:

I actually downloaded the archive, but knowing what's it in can be a challenge.

What, you mean everyone didn't end up importing the entire contents into a Git repository (version control); doing extensive cleanup both by hand and using custom-written scripts to fix the various entries that (a) had weird, too many, or no paragraph breaks, (b) were encoded in something other than UTF-8, (c) were otherwise messed up; applying some further fixes to various stories by importing content from versions that had been reposted or were posted elsewhere with better formatting; and then full-text indexing the whole thing using Recoll?

...Well, I did all of those things.

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/15/2021 at 12:10 AM, Kymuscleboy said:

I actually downloaded the archive, but knowing what's it in can be a challenge. So, you actually were a big help to me.

If anyone else needs the story/stories, I can send what I have either by DM or email. 

I'mma hit you up for that

• 1 year later...