The Repository - (Complete Story, 10/15/21)

TQuintA

Part 5 – The Wedding and the Honeymoon

Chapter 5

Shafe and Marietta’s wedding was two weeks later. 

The rumor that Jason and I were getting married still circulated, but other than that, my life wasn’t much different at 400 than it was at 370.  I took up more space and my chest had more of an intimate relationship with my chin, but once you’re humongous, it takes larger changes to mark extreme differences.  I’m not going to lie; I quickly grew to delight in being a 400-pound Hercules.  If I had known it felt this intensely satisfying, I would’ve stopped fighting it decades earlier.

Soon enough, the wedding had arrived.  Naturally, Shafe and Marietta had seen to the details of that, so I had been entirely out of planning the wedding ceremony itself.  I had no idea what sort of new age, crystals-and-cymbals, incense-fumed rite it was going to be, but I was bracing myself for anything.  Much to my complete surprise, they planned a civil ceremony at city hall, a perfunctory ceremony at that.  Shafe didn’t want a religious service, just in case he picked the wrong deity and pissed off a god. 

It was only witnessed by me and Marietta’s maid of honor, a friend who’d flown down from Canada.  Both Marietta’s dress and Shafe’s suit showed off just how buff this couple was.  I, thankfully, had thought to request some stretch in my tux (in case I had any fun ideas for the reception).  My tux was snug, but it still looked like it was tailored for a man of my size.  All in all, it was just a simple and sweet ceremony.

The reception afterwards, however, was garish, raucous, and lively.  It was a huge party with a lot of dancing, rollicking, and noise.  Thankfully, Marietta had done most of the planning for that, so I just got to show up and be a guest, though I did have to march in the processional with Shafe’s groomsmen.  I was worried Jason was going to be in hell surrounded by such a crowd of people, but, for the most part, he had a pretty damn good time.  He thought I looked hot in my tight tux and yellow bow tie, and it had been ages since we’d been out dancing.  The food was excellent.  The venue was resplendent.  My best man’s speech went flawlessly.  Everyone was so focused on the newlyweds that no one congratulated us on our non-existent engagement once.  It looked like we were going to get out of the day unscathed.

That is, until it was time to toss the bouquet.  Marietta called all the unmarried women to the floor.  Jason and I stayed seated in our chairs, as neither Jason nor I was an unmarried woman.  Then, two of Marietta’s more muscular bridesmaids came over, picked Jason up, and carried him over to the pool of excited single ladies while he kicked and fought the whole way.  Marietta insisted that Jason and I both had to participate too.  When five of Shafe’s bodybuilder buddies came over to carry me, I went quietly rather than make a scene.

From the stage, Marietta surveyed the crowd of unmarried women (and two gay men).  She memorized exactly where Jason was standing, and when she turned her back, she threw the bouquet over her shoulder with precision accuracy right into Jason’s face.  He caught it more out of reflex than a desire to catch it.

The single ladies all screamed in a high-pitch squeal that dreamy Hollywood star Jason Prentiss had caught the bouquet, and the throng crushed in around us to revel in congratulations.  It was like the Beatles being mobbed by a horde of teenage fans.  Jason and I barely got back to our chairs alive.

Once Jason had escaped the crowd, we turned to each other and said, “We’re never getting married,” in unison.

“Never,” Jason added emphatically.

“Never,” I repeated.

“This is not who we are.”

“Not even a little.”

“We are not these people.”

The rest of the reception was lovely, if overlong and overproduced.

When we got home and I gave Jason back his deposit, we went almost immediately to bed to crash and decompress.  We were just lying there, scrolling through our phones with the bedside table lamp on, enjoying the quiet of the night.

After a few minutes, Jason spoke up, admitting, “There is one thing I’ll miss now that we’re never getting married.”

“Let me have it,” I said.  “Hold nothing back.”

“The honeymoon.  I heard that Shafe and Marietta are spending one week in the mountains of St. Moritz and one week on the beaches of Bora Bora.  I don’t even like skiing, and it made me jealous.  And the beach?  An island with a tropic beach?  I was beyond jealous of that.”

“We can have a honeymoon without a wedding,” I said.  “It’s called a vacation.”

“Can we call our next vacation our honeymoon?”

“Sure,” I said. 

“Can it be over-the-top and as unnecessarily lavish as Shafe and Marietta’s wedding?  But just for the two of us?”  Then, for emphasis, he added, “Alone?  No crowds?”

“Of course,” I said.  “When’s your next hiatus?  We can have our honeymoon then.”

“My next big chunk of time off,” he said, consulting the schedule on his phone, “isn’t until April.  One good thing I can say for this media storm: my show got a second season.  We were on the bubble, and then I suddenly became the only celebrity anyone was talking about.  The producers are using those two weeks for pre-production. I’ll get three months off at the end of filming the season, but that might as well be the other side of the moon.”

“April when?”

“Last two weeks,” he answered, double checking his calendar.

“Perfect,” I said, putting it into my phone.

“But that’s two months away,” he complained in an exaggerated voice.  “Months of people asking when we’re going to get married.  I was sort of hoping the honeymoon would be a vacation from that, too”

“It’s just more time for me to plan,” I chuckled.  “Wait, the last two weeks of April?”  I asked to clarify.  “Your birthday is the 23rd.  I know you’re not a fan of birthdays.  Are you still cool with late April?”

“Absolutely.  It happened to be my birthday.  That’s not why we’re going.”

“Excellent.”

Offhandedly, he added, “Besides, I probably should celebrate my 30th.”

I sat up in bed.  “30th?”

“Yeah,” he said, joining me.  “I’m turning 30 in April.”

That made not a lick of sense.  “You had a film career for eight years before I knew you, and we’ve been together for two years.”

“Your math is unimpeachable.  I went to my first audition when I was 20.  My then-boyfriend dragged me to an open call.  When I got the part, I dropped out of college.”

“You’ve been in your 20s this whole time we’ve been dating?  I’ve been living with a man in his 20s?”

“You thought I was older?”  He seemed genuinely confused.  “Should I be offended?”

“I guessed you were in your mid-30s.  Maybe late 30s at the most.  Movie stars all look younger than they’re supposed to.  I assumed you just looked like you were in your twenties.”

“No, I’m in my twenties,” Jason confirmed.  “For another two months, at least.”

“The day we did the photo shoot in your studio, and I took ‘Krixby #1’…” I started.

“I turned 28 that night,” Jason finished.  “Yeah.  You never asked me, so I assumed you already knew.”

“It’s impolite to ask people’s ages,” I insisted.

“I have a Wikipedia page.  You could’ve Googled me.”

“I’ve been living with a man in his 20s,” I said, still not believing it.

“This isn’t going to be a thing for you, is it?”
            I shook my head.  “Nope.  It was just shocking and took a moment to process.”  I kissed him on the forehead.  “All processed now.”

After a moment, he tentatively said, “How old are you?  Because until you reacted like this, I thought you were about the same age as me.”

“How old do you think I am?” I asked, intensely curious.

“When we started dating, I thought you were 25 or 26.”

“You thought I was younger than you?”

“Yeah, but not by much.  Not with muscles that big.  When I found out you were The Repository, it made sense that you’d be that big so young.”

“But…”  This was so weird.  “All of our friends are in their late 30s or their 40s.  Did that not seem weird to you?”

“I didn’t know they were that old.  But, my friends have always been older than me,” Jason said, shrugging.

“You’ve met Jonah.  He and I went to high school together.  Did you think he was younger than you too?”

“Yes,” Jason said flatly.  “I guess I suck at guessing people’s ages.”  After a moment, he added, “Are H. K. and Paula really in their 40s?”

“They, in fact, are.”

Jason nodded, impressed.  “They look damn good for their 40s.  I’m going to ask for Paula’s skin care regime.”

I nodded, then added, “So, until I freaked out, you thought I was 27 or 28?”

“I did at that.”  After a pause, he repeated, “How old are you?”

“38,” I told him.

“Cool,” Jason said.

“I just aged a decade in your eyes, and your response is, ‘Cool’?”

“It’s not really important.  For a second I was worried you were much older than me and being The Repository made you look impossibly young.  38 is nothing.”  Then, mirroring my gesture of affection, he kissed me on the forehead.  “And you look really good for your age too.  You could easily get cast as a bodybuilder in his late 20s.”

“How have we never discussed this in two years?”

“I don’t like birthdays, and we were too busy.  Too busy discussing important stuff.”  Moving on from my forehead, he kissed the right side of my neck where my traps rose up in an attempt to swallow it.  “Too busy living.”  He kissed the other side of my neck in the hollow valley formed by my impossible mass.  “And too busy enjoying each other’s company,” he finished, grabbing my dick and giving it a few strokes.

“Fair enough,” I said, turning out the light.

• Like 23
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

The pushy reader's contribution to this excellent post:

Nearly deserted tropical island, no need to wear clothes. Surely it's time to see just how truly huge Vaughn can possibly get? 500, 600, 700 lbs.? 

😛😛😛

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1