The Repository - (Complete Story, 10/15/21)

TQuintA

I'll admit I loved the muscle growth descriptions.  What I didn't expect was to find the sex scenes so entertaining!   WARNING - SPOILEFR ! 

<snip>

I stopped, worried I’d hurt him, and Gregg looked at me accusatorily.  “What’d you stop for?”

“You were screaming.”

“Good screams.  Excellent screams.  Expect more of them.”

<snip>

Who knew sex descriptions could be so funny and relatable? Great work, TQuintA! I can feel the snark and witticisms just rolling off these characters!!

Mdlftr 

• Like 2

Part 1 – The High School Hero

Chapter 6

After the townie left—and he left for good.  A number of urban legends spread around our school as to why he left.  Some say the principal finally called the police and filed a restraining order.  Some say that the guy OD’d on something and was found dead in the locker room.  Some say that it was all a bizarre reality show prank that backfired.  My favorite urban legend was that someone’s older brother who’s in the WWE came to the school pretending to be a high schooler and beat up the townie, and then proceeded to have sex with his girlfriend in front of the townie to shame him.  It’s an absurd story on the face of it, but it was somehow also the closest to the truth.  I just wish my professional wrestler counterpart was gay.

Once they were sure the townie was gone for good, the Solomon brothers returned to their own sphere.  I still saw them occasionally when it was a group hang and Gregg was there, but I think they were significantly weirded out by the whole experience and didn’t like thinking too closely about the quarterback’s gay sex preferences.

I also decided to cool it with the weightlifting for a bit.  I’d work out enough to maintain my 160 pounds, but after feeling the unbridled power of 250 pounds, I knew that if I started to pack on some real, permanent size, building mass would become my whole life, and I wasn’t ready to make that commitment.  Gregg was disappointed.  Especially when he learned why I was stopping, he tried to push me to change my mind.  But I resisted, and he relented.  He took the whole experience as a win because I now had the Solomons’ tacit seal of approval.

Jonah, on the other hand, practically glued himself to my side as my new best friend.  He had lunch with me and my friends, he followed me everywhere, and he even joined yearbook.  He barely had time for it with his football commitments, but with November halfway through, that commitment was going to end too.

“Can we talk in private after school?” he asked one day.

“I guess.  Gregg and I don’t have plans, and I don’t have a shift at work.”

“Cool.”

Jonah and I walked to the empty field behind the science building and sat with our backs pressed up against the wall.

“Why’d you want to meet?” I asked.

“I just have so many questions,” he said, but it didn’t sound like the truth.

I made a sound of recognition and then explained to him that I didn’t know how I could borrow people’s muscles.  I just could.

“No, I get that.  It’s just, I have to know what it feels like.”

“Well, I can tell whose muscle is whose.  That’s pretty cool.  Different muscle feels different.”

“Really?  How?”

“Well, Gregg’s muscles feel tight and coiled, like a snake ready to strike.  Quick bursts of power.  Your muscle, however, felt durable.  Like it was building material.  Concrete.”

“Awesome.  And what’s the limit?”

“What do you mean?”

“Like, could someone lend you all of their muscles, and they’d just lie there powerless and unable to stand?”

I shook my head, slightly disgusted.  “What?  No.  I can only borrow extra muscles.”

“But, how do you know?”

“I just know.  I just know this stuff.  Sometimes I don’t know the rules until someone asks me to break them, but I just know.”

“Can you borrow one guy’s muscles and then give them to someone else?”  That question almost sounded hopeful.

“Nope.  The muscles always belong to the person who lent them to me.  And that’s back where they go.”

He grew silent and white, then asked, “Can you borrow anything else, or just muscles?”

“What do you mean?”

“Like, could I lend you some inches in height, or some hair, or a few inches of cock?”

The boy was practically giddy at the thought.

“Nope,” I said confidently.  “Sorry, Jonah.”

“So, I couldn’t like make your cock fucking huge, and then have you fuck me with it?”

“No, I can only borrow what’s extra.  But I wouldn’t do that anyways because I have a boyfriend.”

“You guys are monogamous?”

“Well, I am.  Never specifically discussed it with Gregg.  I assume he is.”

“And if he isn’t?  If he’s off somewhere right now blowing some guy in the janitor’s closet?”

I scrunched up my face.  That sounded utterly specific.  “I hope he isn’t because that sounds cramped and unpleasant.”

“You don’t care that he’s fucking other people behind your back?”

I shook my head.  “I don’t know that he is.  And even if he is, I’m not really the jealous type.”

“His name is Bradley.”

“Well, good for Bradley.  Gregg gives good blow jobs.”

“You really don’t care?”

“I guess I don’t.”  I shrugged.  “Thanks, Jonah.  I just learned something about myself.”

That evening, Gregg came over for an after-dinner hangout.  Before we started making out, I asked him, “So, Jonah says you’ve been giving blow jobs to this guy named Bradley in the janitor’s closet.”

Gregg grew pale and looked unwilling to talk.  “Did you believe him?”

“I didn’t care,” I informed him.  “We never had the monogamy talk.  You’re incredibly hot and only recently out of the closet.  There’s an inhibition and freedom that comes with that.  You’re also a muscular blond with dreamy eyes, so I doubt you have any trouble attracting men.  I was shocked to learn that I’m not even slightly jealous here.”

“Really?” Gregg almost sounded hurt.

“I just wanted you to know that I’m not seeing anyone else, and I’m not planning on seeing anyone else.”

“And this is where…” Gregg started.

But I interrupted him, “And this is where I tell you that I don’t care if you see other guys.  I know you love me.  I enjoy spending time with you.  I enjoy our sex life.  What I will say is, be super safe, and get tested often.  If you give me an STD, I’ll dump you on the spot and my father will murder you.”

Gregg chuckled.  “Got it.  Be safe.  Get tested.”

“Oh, another rule.  If you’re going to suggest a threesome, I have to approve the guy first and meet him with a proper date.  Ideally several dates.  Don’t surprise me with a ménage à trois, no one night stands, no anonymous hookups.  If we’re going to try a three-way, I want to like the guy we fuck.”

“So, you’d be up for a three-way?”

“In theory,” I added reluctantly.  “It’s not a fetish or my favorite thing.  But, if the guy and I got along, I’d be down to give it a try.”

“You are the best boyfriend,” Gregg said, kissing the back of my hand.

“But,” I clarified, “lending muscles while fucking, that’s just a you and me thing.  My instincts tell me that as few guys as possible should know about my skill.  I already feel uncomfortable that four guys have learned about it in a handful of months.”

“Reasonable.  That is a fair rule.”

“Thank you.”

Gregg got a mischievous grin on his face.  “But what if the third man in our three-way is Jonah?”

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

Chapter 7

“Jonah wants a threesome?”

“Jonah wants to fuck you.  Or be fucked by you.  Or both.  I think he could be persuaded to join a three-way.  Maybe.  Let me work on him.  The football season is almost over, and we will need something to fill our time.”

And Gregg definitely worked his wonders on Jonah.  He bought him lunch.  He invited him over to hang with us.  Jonah liked all the attention, but he seemed clueless as to Gregg’s intentions.

“Don’t you guys want some alone time?” Jonah asked after an hour of just hanging out in my attic bedroom.

“Three can be alone just as well as two,” Gregg replied quixotically.

Jonah twisted up his face, unsure of Gregg’s meaning.  The expression on his face highlighted all his freckles.  It was endearing.  The boy was cute.  Not hot, like Gregg.  It might be weird to call a solid wall of football player cute, but it was the most accurate adjective.

“No,” Jonah clarified, “I mean, some alone time for the two of you to get down to bone town.”  He had a way with words.

“We get down to bone town plenty,” I said.  “We make several trips a week.”

“I could always make more trips,” Gregg said flirtatiously, putting his hand on the back of Jonah’s.

Jonah pulled his hand back.  “Dude!  Your boyfriend is right here.  I know you guys have some sort of open arrangement or whatever, but he’s right here.  That’s just douchey.”

“I misspoke,” Gregg corrected, taking my hand and putting both of our hands on the back of Jonah’s.  We could always make more trips.”

“My parents are visiting relatives,” I said.  “They’re out of the house until tomorrow night.”

Jonah said nothing, but the changing colors of his face said everything.  First, his face turned pink with anger, assuming we were playing some sort of trick on him.  Then, when I nodded, confirming that we weren’t joking, Jonah’s face turned pale with the realization of what Gregg was proposing.  Finally, when he’d fully thought through Gregg’s proposition, Jonah blushed so hard that his face turned practically purple.

He withdrew his hand again.

“You are bi, right?” I asked.  “That wasn’t just something you said in the locker room?”

“No, I’m bi.  I joined the Gay/Straight Alliance and everything.”  I hadn’t noticed him among all the new members.

“Is it that you don’t find me attractive?” I continued.

That question knocked Jonah’s knees out from under him.  He began stumbling over his words.  “No, you’re the adorablest guy I’ve ever saw.  Even before I saw you hulk out.  You’re why I know I’m bi.”

Gregg put his hand to his chest. “Is it me, then?  Do you not find me attractive?”  Then he bounced his pecs one by one so they pulled his shirt tight.

The vain display brought Jonah back to himself.  “No, you’re hot.  Pushy, but hot.  Annoying, but hot.  A little stuck up, but hot.”

“Then what’s holding you back?” Gregg asked, interrupting Jonah’s list and ending the pec show.

Jonah stood up and began pacing as though pacing would clear his thoughts.  “I’ve been out of the closet for like two seconds.  I’ve only ever been with women.  I’ve never kissed a gay.  Or dated a guy.”

“But you have seen one completely naked,” Gregg said, trying to cheer him up.

“Dude, he’s your boyfriend.  Stop that.”

Gregg burst into a chuckle.  “I was talking about you, but, yeah, you’ve seen Gerry naked too.”

Jonah turned to me, his eyes pleading.  “Was this his idea?  Is he forcing you into this?”

“Yes, it was his idea.  No, I am not being forced.  I laid down ground rules.  He followed all of them.”

Jonah began backpedaling out of the room.  “I’m barely ready for Intro to Bisexuality.  This is Advanced Bisexual Calculus.”

I approached him consolingly.  “We asked.  You said no.  We’re still friends.  All is well.”

“I didn’t say no,” Jonah retorted.

Gregg was instantly standing.  “Really?”

“I said not yet.”

“Not to put too fine a point on it,” Gregg said, “but when do you think you’ll be ready?”

“As far as I’m concerned, the order should be: go on a date with a guy, kiss a guy, go to bone town with a guy, then consider something more advanced.”

Gregg’s face grew darkly gleeful.  “I can make that all happen, Jonah, my boy.  I can get you dated, kissed, and laid within a week.  By three different guys if you want.  You need only ask.”

“See?  Pushy!”  Jonah turned to me.  “This is what I’m talking about.  You should hear him at football practice.”

I didn’t need to; I’d heard him at the gym.  So, I stepped in.  “Gregg, Jonah gave us his answer.  Respect it.”  Then, I turned to Jonah.  “On your own time.  The invitation stands.”

• Like 21
  • Thanks 2

Part 1 - The High School Hero

Chapter 8

Thus began Gregg’s quest to get Jonah a man.  Or at least a male sex partner.  Or, as Gregg put it, get Jonah to “lose his second virginity.”  Even though he found them utterly boring, Gregg showed up to a Gay/Straight Alliance meeting, scouting the place for men for Jonah.  The club wasn’t supposed to be a cruising spot, but a good number of the male members used it just for that.  While the meeting was going on, I had to listen to Gregg and Jonah whispering.

“How about Bradley?” Gregg asked, pointing to an extravagantly dressed senior with impeccably coiffed brown hair.  “I can assure you he’s a good time.”

“I don’t want your cast-offs,” Jonah replied.

“Okay, but that eliminates my next three suggestions.”  Gregg scanned the room for another suggestion until he saw Dennis.  Dennis was a recent transfer.  He had boy-band hair dyed an unnatural but intoxicating shade of magenta that flopped over his left eye.  He was vampirically pale and had a lip ring.  It was hard to tell what his physique was like because he always wore dress clothes several sizes too large for his body.  He was quiet and reserved, keeping mostly to himself in an aloof, rather than shy, way.  When he showed up at our school, a number of the girls immediately got a crush on him.  He wasn’t my type, but I got the appeal.  When he started showing up at the Alliance meetings, rumors began spreading, but as there were a large number of straight students in the club, no one was entirely sure.

“Do you think he’s cute?” Gregg asked.

“Kinda,” Jonah said.  There was something behind his voice, but I couldn’t detect it.

“The boy does nothing for me,” Gregg said, blunt as a bulldozer, “so I can guarantee he’s not a cast-off.  And I’ve never kissed a guy with a lip ring, so you’ll be forging territory where I have never trod.  He’s not even close to a cast-off.”

“But is he into guys?”

“Easily determined,” Gregg said.  He stood up, cleared his throat so everyone in the crowded room could hear him, and then whipped off his shirt.  In the mid-afternoon sun, his muscles were swathed in an orange glow.  I could tell he’d worked out before coming to the meeting, too, because he had a nice pump in his chest and arms.  About half the people in the room turned their heads away reflexively, some of them noticeably upset.  About half the people in the room, myself included, stared intently, some of them noticeably lustful.  “Thank you,” Gregg said, putting his shirt back on.  “You can continue the meeting.”

“What the fuck was that about?” Jonah asked in a loud whisper. 

“Dennis stared at my chest,” Gregg answered.  “He’s into guys.”

Jonah punched Gregg’s shoulder.

As Gregg rubbed it, Jonah said, “We could have just asked him.”

Gregg chuckled slyly, adding, “But then I would’ve kept my shirt on, and where’s the fun in that?”

“There is a meeting going on,” I reminded them.

“A really boring one,” Gregg said.  “We’re discussing driving arrangements for a letter writing party. Let me repeat that: driving arrangements for a letter writing party.  We’re not even discussing the party; we’re discussing carpools.  And a letter writing party?  That’s the worst kind of party.  A baby shower would be more exciting.”

“We’re trying to make some really important changes to school policy,” I said.  I would’ve been more specific, but he would’ve just tuned me out.  “The letters are a part of that.”

Gregg flopped in his chair, utterly bored.  “I understand why this club is important, but if I’m going to show up, the least you could do is entertain me.”

“The meeting only started fifteen minutes ago,” I pointed out to him.  “So, math tells us that there are 45 minutes left.  Why don’t you go in the hallway and play something on your phone?  You can help Jonah ask Dennis out when the meeting’s over.”

“Thank you,” Gregg said, kissing my cheek.  “I never would’ve made it.”  With that, he forced his way out of the room and into the hallway.

50 minutes later (the meeting ran a little long), the room began to clear out.  Through the crowd, Gregg guided his way in to where Jonah and I were standing, waiting for him.

“You’re sweating,” I pointed out.

“I got bored on my phone.  Bradley and I had some fun in the janitor’s closet,” he admitted.  I never even saw Bradley sneak out of the meeting.

"You're too good for Gregg, Gerry,” Jonah said.

“Nonsense,” Gregg responded.  “I’m gregarious, adventurous, and virile, exactly what Gerry needs at this stage in his psychosexual development.”

“I always forget that you’re super smart,” Jonah said.

“I do my best to hide it,” Gregg crowed.  Then, he pointed at a table that had a small handful of people at it—most noticeably Dennis.  “He’s at a table surrounded by girls, and he doesn’t look happy about it.  Now’s the time to strike.”

“What do I say?”

Gregg made a face of incredulity and said, “Hi, my name’s Jonah.  You’re cute.  Wanna fuck?”

I slapped Gregg on the shoulder, scolding him.  “Date first,” I reminded him.

Gregg rolled his head in frustration and said, “Okay.  ‘Hi, my name’s Jonah.  You’re cute.  Wanna date?’”

Trying to be more helpful, I asked, “How do you normally ask girls out?”

“Normally, I’d go up to her at a party and say, ‘Let’s get out of here.’”

“So, go up to him and ask him to get out of here.”

“That’s it?”

“That’s it,” I responded.

“Now, go get him!” Gregg barked like a football coach as he slapped Jonah on his ass and pushed him towards Dennis.  Once Jonah was on the other side of the room, Gregg turned to me and said, “Honestly, he’s acting like a nervous high schooler.”

“He is a nervous high schooler,” I pointed out.

“What’s to be nervous about?  Jonah’s popular.  He’s on the football team.  He’s cute.  He’s built.  He’s got a nice cock.”

I looked at Gregg quizzically.

“I checked him out in the locker room.  I wanted to make sure he was worth having a three-way with."

I turned to look at Jonah and Dennis.  Dennis was leaning in, showing interest in everything Jonah was saying (we were too far away and the room was too crowded for us to hear), but Jonah looked like a nervous wreck.

“He’s not even a virgin,” Gregg vented.  “I’d understand it if he’d never had sex or had never asked anyone out before.  They can be terrifying.  But he’s done both.”

“It’s the first time he’s ever asked a guy out.  That’s a huge step.”

“He’s not even all that into Dennis.  So what if he gets rejected?”

“You got nervous asking me out.”

Gregg held up his hand and began counting on his fingers one by one.  “I had just finally admitted to myself I’m gay, I’d never asked anyone out (girls always asked me), I was a virgin, and I was crushing on you so hard it hurt.”  He put his hand back down.  “Entirely different story.”  After a beat, he added, “And I wasn’t nervous.  I was anxious.”

“Just cut him some…” I started, but Jonah came back.  “What’d he say?”

“We’re going out on Friday.”

“Excellent,” Gregg said, rustling Jonah’s hair.  “Now, can we stop acting like the cast of a teen girl movie?”

We left the room as a group, and I caught Jonah looking back at Dennis.

Within two weeks, Dennis and Jonah were a couple.

Things just move quicker in high school.

“He did this on purpose,” Gregg confided in me one afternoon when we were alone.  His tone was sulky, and he looked like a little boy who’d had his bicycle stolen.

“Did what?”

“Got a boyfriend and went all monogamous.”

“Be happy for him.”

“He was supposed to just get his second v-card punched, then come back and become our third.”

I shook my head in disbelief.  “You wanted two boyfriends.”

Gregg didn’t look embarrassed or guilty.  “Can you blame a guy?”

“You don’t even have feelings for Jonah.”

“Not true.  He’s my best friend.  Has been since kindergarten.”

“Do you have romantic feelings for him?  Like you do for me?”

Gregg shook his head.

I pat his thigh and consoled him.  “There, there.  It must be hard having one boyfriend and a string of meaningless sexual conquests on the side when what you really wanted was a meaningless second boyfriend as a sexual plaything.”

“When you say it like that, it makes me sound like a douche.”

“When I say it like that, I’m describing reality.”

Gregg laughed at himself and tackled me affectionately.

About a month later, Jonah pulled me aside in the hallway at school, and said, “I’ve got a big favor to ask.”

“Sure,” I said.  “What is it?”

Jonah gestured that we needed to find a place that was more private.

“What do you want?” I asked, not wanting to be late for my next class.

“It’s a Repository favor.”

“Say no more,” I said, pulling him into the bathroom. As soon as it cleared, I wedged the door shut with the doorstop.  Once we were securely alone, I asked again, “What is it?”

“So,” Jonah said, stalling a bit, “you know Dennis.”

“Your boyfriend.  Yes.  We’ve met.  He’s nice.  Not that talkative.”

“He and I haven’t gone to bone town yet.”

“Okay…” I said, unsure where he was going.

“I mean, we’ve made out, and all that good stuff, but we haven’t had sex.”

“I followed you.  But what does this have to do with me being The Repository?”

“He’s worried I’ll crush him.”

Nonplussed, I just sat there silently.

“In the last five years, he’s broken his arm twice and his leg once, but it was really bad.  He says he breaks bones easily.  And he can’t weigh more than 120.  Maybe 130.  I’m about 200.  A little bit more.  I’m not as cut as Gregg, but I’m a big guy, and he’s worried I’ll crush him.”

“He could be on top.”

“We discussed that.  He’s also afraid of me rolling over and crushing him if we sleep next to each other.”

“Is this a reasonable fear, or is he making a mountain out of a molehill?”

“Doesn’t matter.  I promised him that as soon as football season was over, I’d slim down some, and then we could be together.”

“Football season ended already.  Gregg suddenly has a lot more free time.”

“And if Dennis and I have a real future as a couple, I’ll slim down for real. But if we’re not a good fit in bed…”

“I get it,” I said, filling in the blanks.

“It’s just, I worked hard for my muscles, and I like being a big guy.  If Dennis is worth it…”  He trailed off.  “I don’t even know if I’ll like sex with guys as much as I like it with girls.  It seems more complicated.  More moving parts.”

Brushing that aside, I asked, “How much did you tell him you’d lose?”

“40 pounds.”

“That’s a lot!”

“He wanted me to lose 60, I was willing to do 20.  40 was the halfway point.”

“He’s seen you at school.  He has to know you haven’t lost 40 pounds.”

“Ah, see, that’s where lying helps!  I told him that I was dressing to look big so my friends didn’t give me shit.”

“And he bought it?”

“He will until I take off my shirt and sees I’m still a beefcake.”

I looked at him with mild disapproval.

“I’ve already put myself on a diet and exercise regimen to lose some fat.  I have lost five pounds already.  I’m not chubby, but I’m doing it even though it means I’ll lose some power.  And again, if Dennis and I are a forever thing, then I’ll lose the mass for real. I just… want to know it’s worth it before I make a long-term commitment like that.”

“So, when do you want to make a deposit?”

“Friday night.  He invited me over his house.  His parents are going to some fancy party, and they won’t be home ‘til two or three in the morning.”

“What time are you going over to his house?”

“About 6, maybe 6:30.  He’s going to call me when his parents leave.”

“Okay.  I’m in.”

“Really?  You’ll help me lie to my boyfriend?”

“Hey, I have a date with Gregg that night too.  This’ll be fun.”

• Like 21
  • Thanks 2

Personally, I hope the Jonah's date went horribly, cuz otherwise he's going to drop all of his bulk. As much as I wish Jonah the best, I would love to see him have a breakup, and bulk up even bigger. That way there will be plenty more muscle to share.😄

• Like 2

Chapter 10

Jonah called me at three in the morning, thoroughly unsatisfied with his evening.

“There was no chemistry whatsoever.  He was so worried about hurting himself that even though I’ve now technically had sex with a man, I still feel like I haven’t.”

“You won’t be dropping those pounds, then?”

“Nah,” Jonah said.  “In fact, we broke up tonight before I came home.  He broke up with me before I had the chance to break up with him.”

“Bummer,” I said.  “You need to talk about it?”

“Nah,” Jonah repeated.  “You have a good night?” he asked.

“Yes, I did,” I sighed.  “Oh, you can have your muscle back.”  As I felt my muscle deflate back to normal, I could hear Jonah grunt and groan, and I also heard a surprisingly loud pop.

“Should’ve given me a heads up, man.  I was in a pair of skinny jeans.”

“Sorry.”

“It’s okay.  I was never going to fit in these again anyways.  I don’t really care that I blew out the ass.”

I chuckled at the mental image, and wished him a good night.

The next morning, I relayed the info to Gregg, and he couldn’t have smiled any broader than he already was.

“When’s the threesome?” he asked.

“Gregg,” I admonished, “he just broke up with his first boyfriend.  Give him a mourning period.”

“Yeah, of course, yeah.  Due time and all of that.  I’m thinking logistics.  If we do it at my place, we only have to wait for one parent to not be home.”

“He might not even want to do it anymore,” I reminded him.  “I hope I’m not betraying any confidences, but his first time with a guy was not good.”

“All the more reason to do it right,” Gregg countered.  “I’ll work on him.”

It was pointless to keep arguing, so I stopped.

Ten days later, Jonah and I found ourselves at Gregg’s house in the evening.  It was the day before Thanksgiving break, a Tuesday, and we’d gotten permission to stay over his house, fully neglecting to tell our folks that his dad was out of town until Thursday morning (Thanksgiving proper).

I was impressed that Gregg waited until after dinner to start pressuring Jonah into the three-way.  However, as soon as we sat down on the floor of his bedroom, the sales pitch began.

“Jonah,” he said with the subtlety of a sledgehammer, “we’ve got the place to ourselves, you’re no longer a man-virgin, and you have no romantic shackles preventing you from hooking up with another man.  You want to fool around with Gerry and me?”

Jonah shook his head.  “I figured that’s why you asked me over, but I am going to say no thank you.  If sex with Dennis was any indication, I prefer sex with girls.”

Gregg screwed his face up into a look of confusion.  “If you think you prefer sex with girls, you haven’t done sex with men right.  Once you’ve had a good and proper pounding, there is no way that could be the case.”

“I’m bi,” Jonah insisted.  “Not gay.”

“Sure, sure,” Gregg said.  “That wasn’t my point.  They should be equally but differently awesome.  There are things you can do with a guy you can’t do with a girl, and vice versa.”

“I just broke up with Dennis, and I know it wasn’t a long relationship or anything, but it was my first with a guy.”

“What good’s a break-up without a rebound?”

“Not so soon after the break-up, please?  I don’t want Dennis finding out and getting hurt.”

“Dennis doesn’t have to find out.”  The words seeped out of Gregg.

Jonah laughed.  “You?  Not bragging about sex?  Please.”

“He’s got a point, Gregg,” I added.  “That’s practically the whole reason you came out: to brag about having sex with men.”

Jonah stood up and moved towards his bag.  “Look, I’m down for hanging out this evening, but if it’s just going to be you pressuring me for the whole night, I’ll go home.”

Gregg stood up and walked over to Jonah.  Almost hostilely, he said, “I thought you wanted this?”

“Jonah gave his answer,” I said, getting up and moving in between the two of them.”

Gregg moved me out of the way.  He got up really close to Jonah and whispered in his ear.

“Stop pushing, Gregg,” I said while he whispered.

While Gregg whispered in Jonah’s ear, Jonah nodded attentively.  After what felt like forever, Gregg finally stopped whispering.  Jonah looked at me and said, “I’m in.”

I looked back and forth between the two of them.  “What changed your mind?”

“I might have done some harmless bragging over your prowess and cocksmanship.”

I narrowed my eyes.  “No, really.  What changed your mind?”

“Basic math,” Gregg said.

“I’m gonna need more,” I responded.

“30 pounds from me leaves me a skinny, lessened 160.  30 pounds from Jonah leaves him a small, but bigger than me, 170.  60 pounds to you makes you 220, 50 pounds bigger than either of us.”

“Ambitious, are we?” I asked.  “But it couldn’t have taken you that long to explain that to Jonah.”

Gregg continued, “True.  There’s more to the plan.  But it might not pan out.”

I raised my eyebrows questioningly, indicating he should continue.

Gregg explained, “We lie to Buddy, get him to lend you another ten.  Xavier’s currently grounded, so I know he’s home, too.  But, I doubt he’ll lend you any muscles ever again.  But lovable Buddy?  He’s at home working on a history paper that he should’ve turned in yesterday.  What does he need those ten pounds for?”

“It’ll never work,” I said.  “The Solomon brothers aren’t big fans of me.”

“Gerry, have you learned nothing about me?  I’ll coax him into it.  Now give me your phone.  I forgot mine in my car.”

I thought about it for a second and then decided it couldn’t hurt to try.  “Let me call him and find out,” I said, taking my phone off Gregg’s nightstand.

Elated that the plan was moving forward, Gregg ripped the phone out of my hands, preventing me from making the call like I wanted.  “Hey, Buddy.  Gerry’s staying over my house, and my dad has asked me to tear down this old shed before we can go out.  Can you lend Gerry 15 or 20 pounds so we can power through this really quickly?  We’ve got tickets to a concert, and there’s no way we can finish in time without The Repository doing double duty.”  I started to protest, but Gregg covered my mouth.  Jonah smiled widely.  “Yeah, Jonah’s already lending him 30.”  Gregg paused while Buddy thought about it.  “I know it’s a big ask.  But I also know you’re working on a history paper for Mr. Stewart’s history class.  A paper that’s already late and that you’re probably going to fail, landing you in summer school.  I also know Gerry had him last year and aced that class.”

I grabbed the phone from Gregg.  “I won’t write the essay for you, but I’ll help you write it.”

Gregg took the phone back, covered the mouthpiece, and whispered so only I could hear him, “You’ll talk him out of lending more.”  Then, he put the phone up to his face and said to Buddy, “What do you say?”  Gregg nodded approvingly.  “Anything I can throw in to make that 25 or 30?”

Jonah’s jaw dropped.

“I do know Claudia.”  Another pause.  “I will gladly be your wingman.”  Another pause.  “Gay guys make the best wingmen.”  Another pause.  “We never steal your women.”  Another pause, and then Gregg tossed the phone to me.  “He’s in for 30.”

I held the phone up to my ear and heard Buddy say, over the phone.  “You can borrow 30 pounds.”

“You can borrow 30 from me,” Gregg said as I hung up.

“And another 30 from me,” Jonah chimed in.

Basic math.  160 pounds of me. Plus 30.  Plus 30.  Plus 30.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 2