Deano, Again: A Muscle University Story (Deano Story 3)

muscleaddict

Following on from "Deano's Summer" and the short, eight-chapter novella-length "Deano's Winter" story, I've written a new/third story about Muscle University's most complex but loveable pocket rocket bodybuilder. 🤪  This one is set mostly at Muscle University, where Deano is studying in his second year, but the characters go to some other places too. It's split into three parts, with a number of chapters per part.

There are some new characters as well as lots of familiar names and returning characters from the first two Deano stories and the original "Muscle University" story, including Deano's roommate Shaun, who is a lot more fleshed out here.

I also have a Twitter account where I post as Deano here which I set up for the first story where I'll be posting things related to the events of the story. 

DEANO, AGAIN: A MUSCLE UNIVERSITY STORY (DEANO STORY 3)

PART ONE

One

“We’ll have to get you a suit when you come back for Easter,” my dad says to me from the driver’s seat of his Land Rover.

“Huh?!” I say, screwing my face up. I know exactly what he’s talking about. I just feel like getting a rise out of him for one last time before he drops me off at the train station to go back to the Montgomery University of Bodybuilding & Fitness.

“For your mum’s bloody wedding!” he barks.

I roll my tongue around the inside of my mouth to try and cover up my smirk. My dad gives me a suspicious look. Like he knows I’m just trying to wind him up. Then he lets out a big sigh and turns back to the road. I swear he’s smirking a bit though.

“God knows if we’ll find one that fits you!”

And now I’m full-on smiling. Struggling to find a suit because I’m both a short-arse AND a jacked-up pocket rocket bodybuilder who’s getting bigger by the week at the only university in the world dedicated to turning its students into pro bodybuilders? I kinda love it.

And then I have another thought. If all goes to plan I’ll be competing at the end of term bodybuilding show just before the Easter break. Which means, not only will I be jacked and shredded for mum’s wedding, I’ll also be dark and bronzed from the competition tan. I wonder what Gary’s relatives will think. And dad’s new girlfriend’s son, Archie. And now I’m suddenly picturing how he was with me when we met for the first time last week. All nervous and intimidated. Maybe I should ask mum if I can bring my roommate Shaun as a guest so the two of us can strip off and give Archie a full-on posedown.

“Right, text me when you get back,” Dad says when he parks the car outside the station. “And watch what you’re doing!”

I pull a face and nod sarcastically as I get out of his Land Rover, failing to smirk to myself as I drag my suitcase into the station. 

I’ll never admit to my dad how much I miss him when I’m at Muscle University. But then - he’ll never admit to how much he misses ME.

On the train from Brighton to London I start thinking about Harry the Bouncer. Even though it all went to shit and ended up being a bit of a disaster, I don’t regret meeting him. And I definitely don’t regret the hot sex we had the day before Christmas Eve. 

And at least I made things right with him when I saw him on New Year’s Eve. Maybe I WILL go down to the pub he works at and say hi to him the next time I’m down at Easter. I did promise him I would after all. And it would be kinda nice to see him again. He’ll probably cum in his pants when he sees me bronzed and jacked from the end of term bodybuilding show.

I keep wondering whether anything more might have happened between us if it hadn’t gone tits up. If I hadn’t seen Ryan North on Boxing Day and acted like a complete twat on that second date with Harry.

Obviously, we would have had sex again. (Did I mention how hot the sex was?) But anything beyond that - I’m not really too sure. I mean, he lives back home for a start. And I’m up in Scotland for most of the year. How would things have ever worked? Plus there’s the obvious age difference. I mean, I can’t really imagine introducing ANY guy as my boyfriend to my mum and dad, but one practically twice my age? 

My roommate Shaun is already back and sitting on his bed in our dorm room with his head buried in his laptop when I (finally!) get back to Montgomery. That seven-hour bloody journey is never fun. I’ve given up on asking Dad if I can get a flight from Gatwick to Glasgow instead of the train. “Do you think I’m bloody made of money?!” is his usual response.

Shaun says all right to me and we fist bump each other. He tells me he’s hanging really badly because he went out with his mates last night back home in Nottingham.

He’s wearing that tight fitted light blue t-shirt he often wears that makes his arms look stacked. Shaun’s not one of the biggest lads in the year. He’s probably around somewhere in the middle in terms of size. He’s got a great physique though. Big shoulders, deep pecs and a tight waist. His torso has an awesome V shape. And his legs are decent too. He’s about five foot eleven so he’ll never be up against me in the 212 class.

I actually wasn’t sure I’d like him on the first day I met him. I thought he’d be a bit too cocky and obnoxious for my liking. I feared he might love himself a bit too. Shaun’s a good looking guy. Blonde hair. Green eyes. He looks a bit like a posh boy, I guess. Like the kind of guy who went to Eton. He’s not like that at all though. Once he opens his mouth and starts talking you realise he’s just a bit of a lad. (And not posh. At all!)

I’d be lying if I said I’d never had certain thoughts about him. Right at the start of our first year, I found myself checking him out every now and then. When he’d come out of the shower. In the gym. In Posing Practice 101. That stopped pretty quickly though once I got to know him and we became mates. Then he just became Shaun. Besides, I started having those thoughts about another certain cocky and annoyingly good looking classmate.

“Not up for the SU bar tonight then?” I ask Shaun with a smirk as I unzip my suitcase.

“Awww, mate. Fuck RIGHT off with that!” he cries dramatically, leaning back on his headboard and still clutching his laptop. 

Shaun doesn’t really ask me anything about my break. Not that I’d tell him anything about what happened with Harry the Bouncer. I’m mostly fine with not talking to Shaun about stuff like that. A part of me even likes the fact that I’ve got this secret none of the lads here know. But sometimes I have these fleeting moments where I fantasise about telling Shaun that I like lads. And in those moments, I can’t help thinking how nice it would be. To tell him all the stuff that I’ve been keeping from him. To let him know about that side of me.

I sometimes think of it as like a rehearsal for when I’m a professional bodybuilder. I’m not exactly going to be an openly bisexual bodybuilder. I’ll be keeping that hidden from pretty much everyone. So me not telling Shaun and Ashley Mosaku and Eric Mafra is like a practice run. I can still be mates with them. They just don’t need to know that bodybuilders turn me on. That I like kissing lads. That one of those lads was Sebastian “Woody” Wood after obsessing about him for most of the first year. And they don’t need to know that last summer I got my heart broken by a guy called Ryan North.

“All right, lads, settle down,” Hancox says to us as he walks into our first Advanced Posing Practice lesson of the term on Monday morning. I’m standing in my usual spot in the back of the room with Shaun and Ash (Mafra’s in Thursday’s lesson with Woody and Henderson).

“Everyone have a good Christmas? Yes? Do I actually give a shit? Absolutely fucking not!” Hancox jokes. Ha! I love it. I look at Shaun and we exchange grins. Hancox is a total legend. Granted he’s a bit of a scary bastard. But then, I’m kind of used to being around older, scary-looking bald-headed ex-competitive bodybuilders who don’t take any shit.

“Right - before you all start stripping off there’s something I’ve been asked to announce. Try not to spontaneously combust in your posing trunks.”

I look at Shaun and we exchange confused looks. Hancox starts to tell us about a new thing the university is introducing this term called the “Future Pro’s Training Programme”. 

Apparently, a group of selected students will each get to train with one of the lecturers for an intense three-month training plan, leading up to the end of term bodybuilding show in April, which they will automatically qualify for.

This is where Hancox really piques my interest. I’m determined to get a place on that end of term bodybuilding show after missing out last year. Granted, I stand a pretty good chance of getting a spot anyway, but the idea of it being both guaranteed and embarking on an intense training programme with one of the lecturers here is more than appealing.

And then Hancox says something which not only further increases that interest, but sends an overwhelming jolt of excitement running through me.

“As part of the programme, the selected students will get to go to the McCarthy Classic in the States to represent the university and guest pose.”

Woah. What. The. Fuck? I look over at a wide-eyed Ash, then at Shaun. The McCarthy Classic? I can’t believe it. That’s fucking HUGE! 

Named after nineties bodybuilding legend Brad McCarthy, it’s one of the biggest IFBB shows on the calendar. Loads of the current top pros will be competing. And we get to guest pose! It would basically be a dream for any budding bodybuilder. And most of the students here at Montgomery University.

Hancox carries on. Six students are apparently going to be chosen for the programme to represent the university. Three third years and three second years. It’s open to everyone to apply. Hancox hasn’t really specified what they’re looking for in applicants, but fuck - I REALLY think I have a shot at getting a spot here. I’m one of the best in the year after all. Surely that makes me a top contender? 

And when Hancox said the words “three-second years” I swear he even looked at me. Okay, that might have just been a coincidence. But I just have this feeling that it wasn’t.

I can barely concentrate for the rest of Posing Practice. All I can think about is the prospect of getting a place on that programme. Going to America. Being at the McCarthy Classic in Chicago, surrounded by some of the best pro bodybuilders on the planet. I wonder if we’d actually get to meet them? And then guest posing. Being on the stage in front of the judges. The whole thing is just fucking insane.

“McCarthy Classic? Fucking hell, lads!” Ash says to us as we were putting our clothes on at the end of the lesson. His marble-like abs popping through his skin and his big overhanging pes twitching.

“You gonna apply, D?” Shaun asks as he covers up his torso with a tight white t-shirt. 

For some reason, I feel slightly nervous. “Yeah. Probably!” I say, maybe in at attempt to play the whole thing down.

There’s an awkward pause. Do I ask the question back to Shaun? It would be kind of weird not to.

“You?” I ask him, my voice sounding weird

“Mmmm. Might do,” Shaun replies, picking up his backpack and not looking at me. Huh. More awkwardness.

Here’s the thing. Shaun is a fucking great bodybuilder. There’s no arguing with that. But I think we both know he doesn’t really have much of a chance of getting a spot on the programme.

There are only three places for second-years. Three students to step on stage at the McCarthy fucking Classic in America to “represent the university”. Surely the lecturers are going to choose the three best students in the year? And Shaun isn’t one of them.

And then I have a thought which causes a sense of dread to wave through my body. Because if we’re talking about the best three students in our year, there are really only five contenders.

Me, Ashley, Mafra, that Banksy dude I hardly speak to and the first guy I ever kissed. The guy who I outed last year which led to me getting suspended. The guy I spent ages obsessing over and then trying to GET over. The first guy I ever really, truly liked. Sebastian “Woody” Wood.

• Like 20
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

Great writing as usual and with a fun nostalgic feeling being back at Muscle University with all the guys from before. And they've now obviously put on nice amounts of muscle for us to enjoy the characters even more.  MA, if Woody and Deano are selected for this McCarthy Classic in Chicago, can they afterwards fly down to Fort Lauderdale where I'll be available to pick them up at the airport and show them around here?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, DennisFLL said:

Great writing as usual and with a fun nostalgic feeling being back at Muscle University with all the guys from before. And they've now obviously put on nice amounts of muscle for us to enjoy the characters even more.  MA, if Woody and Deano are selected for this McCarthy Classic in Chicago, can they afterwards fly down to Fort Lauderdale where I'll be available to pick them up at the airport and show them around here?

Thanks, matie. Funnily enough I considered having it in Florida. It felt a bit obvious though because all the big shows have been there this year. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, crushme99 said:

Ahhhhhh, this is like having some old friends show up at your front door for a visit.  Thank you, muscleaddict.  You tha man.

Glad you're enjoying it so far, mate! 😊

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Eadwig said:

Great opening chapter,  can't wait to see the drama unfold.....

3 hours ago, Mickeypuk said:

Another great start and I can’t wait to see how this year turns out.   

Glad you're both enjoying it! I'd say it probably takes a few chapters to properly get going. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, WashburnDaddy said:

It's so good to be able to catch up with Deano & old mates but in a great new story - and to catch up with your excellent storylines and writing @muscleaddict! Looking forward to the next chapter!

Bless you for those kind words, mate! 😊 Couple of new characters being introduced over the next few chapters. 😉

• Like 1