Deano, Again: A Muscle University Story (Deano Story 3)

muscleaddict

I thought I’d do a little breakdown of some of the characters featured and referenced so far and how they tie in with the previous stories...

Shaun Hudson - Deano’s roommate and best mate at university. Featured a fair amount in the original Muscle University story but didn’t have a huge amount of dialogue. He was always by Deano’s side and was described by Woody as being his lapdog/main minion who followed Deano around like a puppy. At one point Woody wondered whether Shaun was secretly in love with Deano. 

He also featured briefly in Deano’s Winter at the very beginning of the story with the two of them in their dorm room getting ready to go home for the Christmas holidays.

Ashley Mosaku - Essentially a new character. He was mentioned for the first time in Deano’s Winter as being part of a new foursome of guys Deano had been hanging out with and going to the Student’s Union Bar with during the first term of his second year. Described in that story as being an absolute fucking beast and a hot jacked tank of a bodybuilder from South London, as well as being a loudmouth and cocky

Despise describing him as hot, Deano stressed he wasn’t “secretly pining after him” as he had done with previous students (i.e Woody). Stating that he was “done with all of that”.

Sebastian “Woody” Wood - The ridiculously good looking, quick-witted and cocky protagonist from the original Muscle University story who fell in love with his much smaller, cute, geeky roommate Luke Henderson. After not getting along with Deano for most of the story, in a surprise twist, Deano kissed Woody and it transpired he was secretly into lads and had a thing for Woody. After finding out about Woody and Luke, Deano then outed the two of them on the uni’s Facebook page. 

Woody was referenced quite heavily in “Deano’s Summer”, with Deano very much still having feelings for him at the beginning of the story. Those feelings eventually subsided when Deano got involved with Ryan North, a trainer at his dad’s gym.

Eric Mafra - Described in the original MU story as being “hands down the biggest first-year” and a “Brazilian monster” who Woody and Deano couldn’t compete with at the end of term bodybuilding show. He later featured in the story during said show which he predictably won looking like “an absolute tank in a pair of shiny bright orange posing trunks”.

He was then briefly mentioned in “Deano’s Winter” as being part of the new foursome of guys Deano had been hanging out with (alongside Shaun and Ashley). Deano stated he was “still the biggest dude in the year”.

Banksy - Featured in the original MU story as one of the competitors at the end of term bodybuilding show. Described as a “scary looking meathead dude” whose physique had a harder, blockier look to Woody’s. He beat Woody into second place, behind Mafra (Deano was disqualified from the show after he outed Woody and Luke). 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

I finished reading Deano's Winter and loved it!.all of these stories from the "Muscle University" series have been nothing short of spectacular! Can't wait to read more of Deano's second year at MU.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Shawn1978 said:

I finished reading Deano's Winter and loved it!.all of these stories from the "Muscle University" series have been nothing short of spectacular! Can't wait to read more of Deano's second year at MU.

Thank you, mate. Appreciated as always and great to see familiar readers from the previous stories back on board! As soon as I finished the Winter story I knew I wanted to write another/bigger one.

• Like 3

Two

“Bruv - I BETTER get picked for the programme,” Ash says to me as we walk through Prince Hall to our Digital Marketing and Social Media for Bodybuilders lecture. “I swear to God if I don’t!”

“I don’t think you need to worry, Ash,” I say, reassuringly as I look up at him. Oh yeah - Ash is six foot two by the way. Six foot fucking TWO. You can imagine what we look like side by side. He gives a little smile back and I have one of those moments where I forget that Ashley Mosaku is my DEFINITELY straight mate and, instead, I just see one incredibly hot bodybuilder. With big brown eyes and strong masculine features. Oh and humongous tits and massive guns which strain under his brown skin.

It’s probably no surprise that pretty much everyone is talking about the Future Pro’s Training Programme since the announcement the other day. Well, almost everyone. Shaun hasn’t mentioned it. I didn’t really notice at first. But then, when me, Shaun and Ash were walking back from the gym yesterday and Ash was talking about the bodybuilders already confirmed for the McCarthy Classic (including IFBB pro-veteran Chris “Freaky Peaks” Jackson and mass monster and all-round bodybuilding legend Felix King) I couldn’t help but notice that Shaun was oddly quiet. And that’s when it dawned on me that he hadn’t actually mentioned the programme since the day it had been announced.

Then Ash asked me if he thought we’d actually get to meet the pro bodybuilders competing. WE. As in me and Ash. Shaun not included. I looked over at my roommate and he pulled a little face with his eyebrows furrowed. As if he disagreed with Ash’s assumptions that we’d automatically get places. Which I can kind of understand.

Shaun was a bit quiet when we got back to our room afterwards. I sort of wanted to ask him if he was okay. But I’ve NEVER asked him that. We don’t talk about serious stuff. Like, ever. So I didn’t say a word. Even though he was clearly bothered about something. And I had a pretty good idea of what that something was.

“Do you think Mafra’ll be alright, though?” Ash asks me. 

I look at him confused. “With the application form?” he clarifies.

“What do you mean?”

Ash gives me this pointed look. “The essay questions. He struggles with stuff like that.”

I nod and pull a face. I didn’t really know that about Eric. Ash then tells me he often helps him out with his coursework and essays, which kinda takes me back a little.

I clear my throat. “Ash?” I say.

He turns and looks at me weird, and I know why. Because of how serious the tone of my voice just was. Because (just like with Shaun) me and Ash NEVER talk about anything serious.

“Do you think we should maybe, like, not talk about the training programme so much in front of Shaun?”

Ash screws his face up. “Shaun knows he won’t get a place!” he says casually, obviously unfazed.

“Mmmm. I guess. Just … I don’t wanna rub it in.”

“Who else do you think they might pick?” he asks, completely ignoring what I just said.

I feel a pinch in my chest. “Mmmm. Dunno really,” I lie, not looking at him. “I’m not even sure if they’ll pick ME yet!”

Ash turns to me with his face screwed up. “Nah, bruv. You’re definitely getting picked!”

He smiles at me again (that kinda crooked but undoubtedly hot smile he does) and I forget who he is for another moment. 

“Plus, you know, they’ll probably want at least ONE short-arse!” he teases as we approach Walker’s classroom. 

I look up and smirk at him and he cheekily grins back. As we walk into the classroom, Ash holds out his fist for me to bump and I oblige. My eyes land on Luke Henderson sitting at his desk, his much thicker second-year arms bulging under the sleeves of a black Stranger Things t-shirt. He’s just staring at us. Or, more accurately, staring at ME. His face is hard to read, but whatever he’s thinking, I’m sure it’s not good. In fact, I’m pretty sure that Luke Henderson still hates my fucking guts.

I should probably tell you about my lecturer Dave Walker. He’s probably my second favourite teacher here at Montgomery, after Hancox. I can tell he likes me too. I think that might be because he’s a fellow short arse. He doesn’t take any shit, but he’s way more relaxed than Hancox. You can have a laugh with him.

Like a lot of the lecturers here, Walker used to be a bodybuilder (though he never turned pro). I’ve never actually said this to anyone, but he actually reminds me a little bit of my dad. If only in terms of looks. He’s got a bald head. Sticky out ears. You wouldn’t fucking mess with him but he’s definitely more approachable than Hancox. And my dad, for that matter. And he’s about twice as easygoing as both of them. I’ve seen videos of Walker competing online. The dude was ALWAYS shredded to fuck. Oh, and he was a cocky fucker too. Always stomping around the stage and pulling funny faces. I guess I can let him off for that though.

It’s only when I take my seat next to Ash and face the front of the room that I suddenly notice that Dave Walker isn’t the only person at the front of the classroom looking out at us.

Because seated in a chair to the left of where Walker is now stood, facing the class as he plays with an iPad in his hands, is some random big bodybuilder dude bulging (and I fucking MEAN bulging!) underneath a bright red hoodie. A bodybuilder who, it has to be said, looks strangely familiar. 

”Right - morning, lads,” Walker calls in his thick Northern accent (I want to say Yorkshire but I’m not too sure). “Hope you all had a good break over Christmas.” 

At this point, the mystery bodybuilder is now looking up at Walker with the rest of us. Have I noticed that he isn’t exactly the worst looking guy I’ve ever seen? Am I awake and fucking breathing?

“Right - so you’ve all probably noticed this absolute tank at the front of the room!”

The mystery bodybuilder’s mouth erupts into an almost coy grin. I can't seem to look away from him.

“This is Adam Lloyd.” 

Adam (a name which oddly really suits him) looks out to the room and nods at no one in particular. I feel a weird pinch of nerves. Just from someone looking in my direction. (Ridiculous!)

“Adam graduated last year with his pro card,” Walker explains. 

Wait - I DO know this guy. Well, I’ve seen him before at least. At the end of year bodybuilding show last summer. He wasn’t the biggest third year, and he wasn’t super cocky or anything, but he definitely got my attention. Partly because of his brutal shoulders, thick pecs and crazy fucking quad definition. I remember noticing how much his quads flared out. But he also got my attention because he was pretty much the best looking dude on the stage. 

And here he is. Fully clothed and, for some reason, back at Muscle University and sitting in on my first Digital Marketing and Social Media for Bodybuilders lecture of the term.

“Adam’s back at Montgomery until the end of the school year as my trainee teaching assistant,” Walker explains. “He’ll be sitting in and helping out and eventually doing some lectures himself.”

Huh. Okay - I don't mean to be a judgemental twat or anything, but I can't help thinking - why would someone come BACK to Montgomery after graduating with their pro card? It’s just a bit, well … odd.

Walker invites Adam to step up and introduce himself. It’s only then that I realise that Walker wasn’t kidding. He really IS an absolute tank. Even though he’s covered up by his hoodie, which I can now see is a Montgomery University hoodie like mine. Only his is red. And probably about three sizes larger.

I almost want to laugh. Because he completely dwarfs Walker. Jesus - is this what people see when Ash and I are standing side by side?

“All right, lads?” Adam says in a fairly neutral accent. He seems a little awkward, but he’s definitely confident. It can’t be easy standing in front of and talking to a classroom of jacked bodybuilders.

He tells us that he’s come back to Montgomery because he’s always been interested in teaching. And instead of going straight into competing in bodybuilding shows like a fair amount of graduates do, he wanted to take a few years off to make some more gains. Which actually makes a lot of sense. A lot of Montgomery guys who go straight into competing are completely out of their depth in their first pro shows. 

As Adam continues to talk, I can’t help thinking that he kind of reminds me of someone. I don’t really know who. Someone famous maybe?

I also can’t help noticing how big his ears are. I don’t really remember those from the show. Perhaps I was too busy looking at his crazy quads and balloon-like pecs. 

But yeah - he has these massive jug ears that stick out. Maybe pixie eared Walker hired him to make himself feel better. I start smirking at that thought. But as I do, Adam’s eyes fall on me and stay there. Fuck! I feel a sharp panic and stop smirking. He breaks eye contact and looks away. Great - so now there’s a chance he thinks I was laughing at him? Way to make a fucking good impression, Deano.

If only I could telepathically tell him that I definitely wasn’t laughing at him. And that I actually find his jug ears kind of … cute? Along with his small, sort of boyish features, which make for a pretty hot combination with his beast-sized body, big jawline and general masculine meathead-but-make-him-cute qualities. 

Then again, maybe it’s best that he DOESN’T hear those thoughts. 

When my lectures have finished for the day, I head back to my room and start filling out my application form for the Future Pro’s Training Programme. Is it sad that I was even a little excited to start filling it out? 

Halfway through drafting the first essay question, Shaun comes back to our room back from the gym. We’ve barely spoken about the programme. I don’t even know if he’s going to apply. Honestly? I’m a little nervous to bring it up. Which I know is ridiculous.

But when he’s perched on the edge of his bed topless, his impressive shoulders looking properly cooked, I feel a surge of bravery.

I clear my throat. “Just doing my application for the programme,” I tell him, before biting my lip and looking straight at the screen. 

There’s an awkward pause. Fuck. I look up from the screen and over at him.

“Cool!” he says casually, before taking a big swig of his protein shake.

“You not gonna apply, mate?”

Mate? I never call him mate. Jesus - I’m turning into my dad. Using the word “mate” when treading on sensitive subjects. Or when I think something’s wrong. 

Shaun pulls a face and sighs. “Nah. Can’t be bothered, to be honest. And,” he pauses, “well, they’re not gonna pick ME are they?”

I feel a pull in my stomach. “You never know!” I say to him. But I do know. And so does Shaun. He gives me this pointed look like, “Come on, mate. Of COURSE I don’t stand a fucking chance”. And something seems to shift in the room. The atmosphere suddenly feels lighter.

“You must be fucking buzzing though,” Shaun says. “McCarthy Classic!”

I nod and bite my lip to hide my smile. “It would be cool. IF they pick me.”

“Well you’ve got more chance than me, D!” Shaun says, standing up and digging into his chest of drawers and pulling out a t-shirt. My eyes linger a bit too long on the freckles on Shaun’s pumped back. I wonder if Adam Lloyd has freckles. Probably not, considering he’s a fucking brunette. 

“You know who they MIGHT pick though,” Shaun says, ominously as he sits back down on his bed. I feel a pinch of nerves as I look over to see him smirking. 

I roll my eyes, smirk and go back to my laptop. Shaun might not know the full history of me and Woody, but he remembers how much he used to annoy the fuck out of me in our first year. He annoyed Shaun too, I guess.

“I actually kinda miss first year Posing Practice,” Shaun confesses. 

I look up at him and can’t help smiling (in spite of myself). We used to wind up Woody and Luke so much. I guess we were kind of twats back then. It was just so EASY. And I was desperate for Woody’s attention. Shaun just didn’t know why. (And he still doesn’t.)

He asks me if I remember the time we took the piss out of Luke’s most musculars and Woody flipped out and pushed me. How the fuck could I ever forget? That was what kick started the whole joint assignment thing with Woody. Which led me to kissing him. And finding that picture Luke had drawn of the two of them kissing. 

“Awww. What will Henderson do if Woody goes to the McCarthy?” Shaun says mockingly as he throws himself back on his bed. I don’t respond.

“Without his little BUM buddy!” 

I feel a sharp twist in my gut, which is worsened when Shaun lets out a twattish Josh-like laugh.

I know it’s just a stupid comment, but something about it really pisses me off. I've even made comments like that in the past. But a lot’s changed since then.

I go to the gym not long after that. I think I just needed to get away from Shaun for a bit. I’m still feeling pissed off about his comment during my workout. I keep thinking - what if Shaun DID know I liked lads? What would he think if he knew exactly what went down with me and Woody last year? I guess I’ll never know. Because, more than ever, I’m certain that he, Ash, Eric Mafra and all the other lads here don’t ever need to know.

• Like 15

Just when I thought Deano might peek a little out of the closet at MU, it appears that door will be tightly shut for a while longer.  Our pocket-rocket is feeling the so familiar shame/fear of rejection.  Wonderfully written, MuscleAddict, and fun reading with the new characters.  Is Adam a potential love interest for Deano?  And what will happen when he and Woody go to Chicago? Stay tuned with the next chapter coming hopefully soon.

• Like 3

These are such great news @muscleaddict I think we were all waiting to know more about the comeback of the Pocket Rocket to MU! As usual the writing is so endearing with so many flashbacks and references to tour previous stories. Excellent work! Can't wait until Deano meets Woody again!!!

• Like 3

On 9/21/2021 at 9:16 PM, DennisFLL said:

Just when I thought Deano might peek a little out of the closet at MU, it appears that door will be tightly shut for a while longer.  Our pocket-rocket is feeling the so familiar shame/fear of rejection.  Wonderfully written, MuscleAddict, and fun reading with the new characters.  Is Adam a potential love interest for Deano?  And what will happen when he and Woody go to Chicago? Stay tuned with the next chapter coming hopefully soon.

Thanks, matie! 😊 Some more new characters still to come! 

On 9/22/2021 at 2:27 AM, Jlb423 said:

So good to be here again!!   

Bless you, mate. Feels good to finally be sharing it!

• Like 1