Deano, Again: A Muscle University Story (Deano Story 3)

muscleaddict

19 hours ago, suske said:

Really like I had a feeling, and the not so subtle reference that like looks like a more monstrous version of one A.J. Jones was the give away that he is the bloke doing some tanning, which means I really do have to thank you MA for honouring my request. 

Thank you.♥️

Yeah, mate. It's him! Only you and one other guy on Twitter clocked it! Maybe your comment planted a seed in my head! 😅

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, tboh86 said:

This is such a good follow up to MU with a more mature Deano @muscleaddict. I loved the re encounter with Woody and Luke, not too much and not too little was said. However, what I loved the most was the reference to AJ Jones!! You know that story is still my favorite. 

The other thing I can positively say is that we really need a graphic image of the pocket rocket in his painted on jeans. He must be a sight to behold and is really making an impact! Illustrators please work on that!

Thanks so much, matie! 😊 I very much wanted to show Deano as having matured since the summer story and having some things going right for him, i.e the McCarthy Classic/Chicago trip. And God yes - I'd *love* to see Deano illustrated in his skinny jeans! 😅 We'll have to start harassing @brawnygods 🤭

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, muscleaddict said:

Yeah, mate. It's him! Only you and one other guy on Twitter clocked it! Maybe your comment planted a seed in my head! 😅

Regardless, thanks for writing stories that make me forget the world for a moment and push me harder in the gym, only to look like one of your characters. 

On a different note, it there a place where one can read these stories without the all praise in between. I'm at fault here as well 😌

Then again it really is well deserved praise.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, suske said:

In MA's story Muscle University, Sébastien "Woody" Wood needs a tanning.

********From "Muscle University"***********"

And now I’m standing in front of an absolute tank of a student in a red Montgomery hoodie. Something flickers across his face when he looks at me and I feel a tug in my stomach. Like maybe he recognises me from the Facebook post. Maybe he knows who I am. That gay guy. The one kissing the other guy in the glasses. Maybe he’s even looked me up on Instagram.

“What’s your name, mate?” he asks me, as he sprays me. He’s actually pretty fucking hot. He’s got these big, jug ears and cute features. Kind of like a taller, more monstrous version of AJ Jones. Did I mention that he’s an absolute fucking tank? 

“Sebastian!” I tell him, avoiding the nickname I’m synonymous with.

He nods and carries on tanning me as I’m standing with my hands behind my head. I had fantasised about Luke being the one to do this. I’m not sure how realistic that would have actually been, but it was a pretty fucking awesome fantasy all the same.

“Second year, yeah?” the guy asks me as he spray tans my abs.

I shake my head. “First year!”

His eyes shoot up to my face. “Wow!” he says, looking impressed. And then his mouth curls into a big, friendly grin. I feel a flutter of something in my chest, but it quickly fades. Just like the high from the Instagram post. Just like every other good feeling or emotion I’ve had since Luke left.

And now the AJ Jones lookalike is done and I'm fully tanned up.

********* Somewhat later in the story ********

“Mate - they’re calling you! Are you okay?” 

I look up. It’s the AJ Jones lookalike who helped me tan up. I nod at him and he gives me a concerned smile. 

“Wait - can you take a pic of me? Quickly?” I ask him. “Sure!” he says, his mouth curling, as I hand him my phone. 

I place a hand over my wrist and squeeze a most muscular into the camera as my tanning buddie takes my pic. “Awesome!” he says.

“Cheers!” But when he hands me back my phone, he’s got this look on his face which, for some reason, makes my chest flutter.

I pick up my backpack and head to where I’m being called. 

“Wait!”

I stop and turn around. The AJ Jones lookalike is just looking at me with this weird expression on his face. He almost looks a little nervous. “You’re that guy aren’t you?”

Oh fuck! I feel a pull in my stomach and tightly grip the handle of my backpack. He walks closer towards me and lowers his voice. “The guy from the Facebook post!”

Ugh. This, now? Seriously? My chest tightens. “Look - I’ve gotta go!” 

“No! It’s okay!”

Fuck. What is going on. What is this?

“The other guy …” he says, nervously. “The one you were …”

Kissing. The one I was fucking kissing. Is it really that hard to say?

“... with!”

The way this guy is looking at me. Fuck! He still looks nervous, but his mouth curls into a little grin. And oh my fucking GOD. Suddenly I know what he’s getting it. Unbelievably I think know what’s actually going on here. 

“Lucky bastard!” he says. 

And there it is. FUCK! I can’t believe it. Another gay Muscle University student. And a bloody hot one at that. I bite my bottom lip and smile back at him. 

“Oh, and er … nice fucking posers!” he adds.

Omg!!! That's why he sounded familiar, but I couldn't be that specific remembering that. That was well spotted! Once again, @muscleaddict brilliantly putting the pieces together in his stories without telling us everything

• Like 5

14 hours ago, suske said:

Regardless, thanks for writing stories that make me forget the world for a moment and push me harder in the gym, only to look like one of your characters. 

On a different note, it there a place where one can read these stories without the all praise in between. I'm at fault here as well 😌

Then again it really is well deserved praise.

Bless you, mate! 😊 That's one of the things I love about reading myself - it offers a form of escapism. I posted AJ & Noah on my Muscle Addicts Inc blog but I haven't updated that site for a while so all of my stories since then are just posted here. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, tboh86 said:

Omg!!! That's why he sounded familiar, but I couldn't be that specific remembering that. That was well spotted! Once again, @muscleaddict brilliantly putting the pieces together in his stories without telling us everything

I honestly wasn't sure if anyone would remember him so yeah - a very good spot by @suske

I originally had another idea for an MU sequel featuring Woody and Luke (one of many unwritten story ideas! 😅) which would have brought back Adam as a teaching assistant and caused Luke to become jealous and paranoid that something was going to happen between him and Woody. I think this story worked out better though.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

18 hours ago, muscleaddict said:

Yep - @suske is spot on. Adam briefly appeared in the original Muscle University as the (then) third year student in the red hoodie who looked a bit like AJ Jones and helped Woody tan up backstage at the end of term bodybuilding show, before going on to make the "lucky bastard" comment in relation to the Facebook post of Woody kissing Luke.

Obviously I didn't want to mention it before because it would have given away the fact that Adam is gay!

And Adam knows the full story. Its a good thing he leaved that behind and hasnt tell Deano about it.

• Like 1

On 10/7/2021 at 6:29 PM, suske said:

Btw cannot wait for Adam et all to be drawn by brawnygod 🙏

That's mighty flattering, thank you!

Honestly, if I could do nothing but draw scenes and characters from the extended MuscleAddict Universe all day, I happily would (and he's introducing quite a line-up of beefy new subjects, so it would keep me busy for a while).  Sadly, there's nothing in the works at the moment but never say never.  I first have to learn how to use photoshop to render convincing velvet.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, brawnygods said:

That's mighty flattering, thank you!

Honestly, if I could do nothing but draw scenes and characters from the extended MuscleAddict Universe all day, I happily would (and he's introducing quite a line-up of beefy new subjects, so it would keep me busy for a while).  Sadly, there's nothing in the works at the moment but never say never.  I first have to learn how to use photoshop to render convincing velvet.

So we basically need to set up a Crowdfunder so you can quit your job and spend all day drawing jug-eared tanks in red hoodies (with an alternative topless version obviously!) and cocky, smirking, mohawked twats in olive green vests? 🤭

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Eight

If someone had sat me down at the beginning of the term and told me all of the things that were about to happen, I’m not sure what I would have believed the least; the university flying me over to America to guest pose at the McCarthy Classic, having an actual civil conversation with Sebastian Wood and contemplating the notion that we could actually be friends, finding out that Luke Henderson has put me at the top of some kind of “Hottest Arses at Muscle University” list or discovering that one of the biggest (and arguably one of the best looking) bodybuilders on campus likes lads.

I always knew that the latter could happen. That I’d find out that me, Luke and Woody weren’t the only ones. But now that it actually has, now I know that me and Adam Lloyd, the tank-sized jug-eared monster who I’m pretty sure made a flirty comment about my skinny jeans on Saturday, have more in common than just bodybuilding and playing Xbox, I don’t really know what the fuck to do. 

I almost wish Adam WASN’T gay. Because then there wouldn’t be this possibility. That something could actually happen between us. Something that would no doubt end in complete and utter disaster. Just like it did with Harry the Bouncer. And with Ryan North PT.

The second I walk into the changing rooms of the Watson House gym on Monday morning, I internally groan. Because sitting on one of the benches, his head buried into his phone is Seth fucking “Ozzie” Osman. Ugh. Is it too late to turn around, walk out and hope he doesn’t see me?

He’s wearing a black cap and a white vest. Quite honestly? His shoulders have never looked bigger. In fact, he’s never looked more jacked in general. I kind of hate how good his physique is. 

And then I spot something else. There’s something written on his cap. Before I head to the furthest possible locker from where he’s seated, I notice the word “OSMAN” in white letters. 

Wait - what the fuck? And then it hits me. There’s a gym called “Osman’s Gym”. I KNEW I knew that surname from somewhere.

“All right, Deano!” he calls. 

For fuck’s sake.

He says it cheerfully. I can’t work out if he’s just genuinely being friendly or he’s on a mission to wind me up. This guy MUST know how annoying he is. Surely?

For some reason, I don’t respond. Maybe I wanna see what he’ll do.

“Yo!” he calls. “Deeeea-no?” 

I straighten my face up and turn around briefly. “All right,” I say, flatly.

As I’m throwing my black Montgomery University hoodie into my locker, I feel a presence behind me. For. Fuck’s. Sake.

And sure enough, now leaning against the lockers next to mine, is Ozzie. This smug grin on his face. Looking to wind me the fuck up. His pumped arms folded and bulging. Like, SERIOUSLY fucking bulging. I can see the “OSMAN’S GYM” on his cap more clearly now.

“So you’re kind of like the second-year version of me?” he says.

Okay. What the FUCK?

“How do you work that one out?” I ask him, genuinely baffled. 

His smirk gets bigger. Now that he’s closer up I notice just how good looking he actually is. Cute boyish features and all that. Ugh. Why are the good looking bodybuilders such bell-ends? Apart from Adam Lloyd, of course.

“Well … we’re about the same height. Similar-ish builds. Neither of us is afraid to say what we think!”

I frown at him. This guy doesn’t know me at all.

“Oh - plus both of our dad’s own bodybuilding gyms.”

Fucking hell. How does everyone suddenly know about Deano’s Gym?

“How do you know that?” I ask suspiciously. I hate how my voice sounds. Like I actually care. 

He shrugs and does this annoying smirk and eyebrow raise thing. I roll my eyes and put my backpack in my locker.

“I mentioned your name to my pa. He went nuts and said your dad’s a fucking legend and owned his own gym. So I Googled it.”

“Oh right,” I say dryly, slightly surprised that Ozzie would even mention me to his dad. I’m suddenly curious as to whether he’s a mini-me version of HIS dad.

“You look like him. Your old man.”

Wait - is this Ozzie guy actually being nice to me now? It’s hard to tell. He’s just glaring at me. In that way he does.

“Great,” I say, closing my locker. It comes out way more sarcastically than I meant it to. I don’t know why, but I just feel like being rude to him. I just … don’t really trust this guy.

He lets out a little laugh. “What’s your problem, Little Dude?”

LITTLE DUDE? Ugh. What. The. Fuck? I was right not to trust him. This guy IS a dick.

“It’s cause I called your posing boring, isn’t it?”

I fold my arms defensively and narrow my eyes at him. He leans his face closer to me. “CONSTRUCTIVE criticism, Deano.”

I roll my eyes. “That’s what you call it?”

Ozzie unfolds his arms. “Yeah?! Look … I think you’re good!”

Wait - what?

“You’ve got a wicked physique. Awesome shoulders. Decent pecs. Quads. It’s all there. But you pose with, like, NO attitude, Little Dude!”

“I don’t NEED to pose with attitude.”

He laughs. “EVERY bodybuilder should show attitude on stage. It’s part of the package. Especially ones as good as us.”

“I think it’s tacky,” I say, matter-of-factly.

Ozzie screws his face up. “Do you think my posing routine last week was tacky?”

“Yep,” I say, calmly. “Tacky. Attention-seeking. Over the top. ANNOYING. And … a bit embarrassing, if I’m being honest.”

He’s glaring at me. He’s smirking a bit, but there’s something else there too. I really can't tell if he’s annoyed, offended or impressed. Maybe it’s a bit of everything.

I shut my locker door. “Just a bit of CONSTRUCTIVE criticism.”

And then I walk away, and FUCK, I’m smiling, Because I feel like I just put Seth “Ozzie” cocky twat Osman in his place. Yeah. I definitely fucking won that one.

For the next few days, I’m kind of hoping for some one-on-one time with Adam Lloyd. After our training sessions. Or my lectures with him and Walker. But it doesn’t happen.

I can’t lie. There’s something about being with Adam when it’s just the two of us that’s kind of exciting. He seems to let his guard down when Dave Walker’s not around. He switches out of teaching assistant mode and I feel like I’m just chatting to a mate. Who’s easy to talk to. And impossible not to like. And who I just found out likes lads. 

This might sound a bit crazy, but the other day, I found myself fantasising about taking Adam Lloyd back to Brighton to meet my family. Maybe he’d be wearing his red Montgomery hoodie and I’d be wearing my black one. I know, I know. Fucking ridiculous. But in the fantasy, pretty much everyone loved him. Mum being completely charmed by him. Josh thinking he was sound and just one of the lads. Archie just gawping at him red-faced and terrified, barely able to form a sentence. Dad kind of grunting and saying, “Hmmm. He’s all right, I suppose.” Then maybe making a comment about the size of his ears.

When I’m walking back to my dorm room from my Advanced Anatomy lecture on Thursday afternoon I get a text message which more than makes up for my lack of one-on-one time with Adam Lloyd this week.

Fancy a geeky gaming night on Saturday? 🤓 🎮 

Okay, it’s ridiculous (fucking RIDICULOUS) what getting that text message does to me. And how much it makes me smile. But then - fuck, my stomach twists sharply. Because this is all starting to feel a bit too familiar.

My phone pings again. It’s another text from Adam.

Shaun’s invited as well obviously.

And then my heart fucking drops. Ugh. Shaun? Seriously? When it could just be me and Adam. Alone in his dorm room. But then - okay, this could actually be a GOOD thing. Because this might help keep me grounded about the whole thing. Stop my mind from spiralling and thinking that just because Adam likes lads, it doesn’t mean anything needs to happen between us. Or is even likely to happen. He could have a boyfriend for all I know. Back home in Kent. Or even here at Montgomery. His hot friend Ty from the SU Bar. Fuck - I bet that IS his fucking boyfriend. Which would be fine by me. Completely and absolutely one hundred per cent fine.

Shaun’s sitting on his bed with his head buried in his laptop when I get back to the dorm room. I don’t know if I’m imagining it, but the atmosphere feels a bit weird.

I say all right to him. He says it back, without looking up. And I can tell straight away from his face and the tone of his voice that something is wrong. I internally groan. What the fuck is he in a mood about now?

I don’t react. I’m NOT going to react. As I throw my backpack onto my bed and start taking out my gym clothes, I pretend that everything’s fine.

“Where did you say you were Saturday?”

Oh fuck. My insides clench. There’s something about the tone of Shaun’s voice that I don’t like. I’ve got my back to him. “Adam’s?” I say, like it’s a weird question.

I dump my backpack on the floor.

“That’s weird!” Shaun says.

What the fuck is this? Why do I feel like I’m being ambushed?

“What?” I say defensively, as I sit on my bed. Feeling pissed off and attacked. Shaun’s got this suspicious look on his face.

“Cause Baker reckons he saw you coming in from outside!”

He’s just glaring at me accusingly. Like he doesn’t understand. And like I’ve done something REALLY bad.

I pull a face like this whole conversation is ridiculous.

“And he said you were with … Woody and Henderson?” he says. And now he looks weirded out. And uncomfortable. 

I start to feel panicked. And then I realise how ridiculous that is. I groan and roll my eyes.

“Okay. Fine! I went to a pub!”

Shaun puts his laptop aside and sits up. “What pub?!” he cries. A baffled look on his face.

“One in Little Hatton. It was Adam’s birthday. I couldn’t really say no!” (That last part is obviously a lie.)

Shaun screws his face up. And now he suddenly looks pissed off. “What - so you won’t get to the SU bar cause you’re TRAINING …,”`(he pulls a face), “but you’ll go to a pub in Little Hatton?!”

I groan and grab my laptop. “I had ONE DRINK, Shaun.”

“And what the hell were Woody and Luke doing there?”

“He’s friends with them,” I say with a shrug, but my insides are twisting. 

Shaun’s just looking at me. It’s like his mind is ticking over. Wait - is Shaun starting to suspect? Is my best mate at Muscle University starting to suspect that I might be keeping one huge, monumental secret?

“I didn’t know they were gonna be there,” I tell him, trying not to look or sound guilty or suspicious. But I’m not sure if I’m doing a good job. 

His eyes narrow. “So you lied?” he says, turning stony-faced.

I groan and put my laptop down. I’m starting to lose my patience. “Yes!” I say, sternly. My tone of voice surprising me. “Because I knew you’d react like THIS!”

“Like what?!” he spits.

“All … weird and moody about it!”

Shaun looks at me like he’s speechless. Then he scoffs. “Whatever!” he says, shaking his head and grabbing his backpack from the floor.

“Where are you going?”

“The gym. You can hang out with your new mates,” he says. Oh for fuck’s sake. How ridiculous. I guess our usual Thursday gaming night is off tonight, then.

If Shaun wants to get wound up over something stupid like this that’s up to him.

But then, as he heads towards the door, he says something which makes my insides twist.

“Maybe you can go to a gay bar or something.”

Fuck. What. The. Fuck? And now he’s gone, slamming the door behind him. And I’m left sat here. This horrible feeling in the pit of my stomach. Does Shaun know? And what if I fucking WAS going to a gay bar? Because - SPOILER ALERT SHAUN - your roommate likes lads. 

And now I’m starting to wonder what would happen if Shaun found out that little piece of information? Would he still want to be friends? Would I still be the PROPER FRIEND he said I was that night he got drunk at the SU bar? And if not, if the fact that I happen to be attracted to other men would make Shaun not want to be friends with me, is that the type of person I want to be mates with? Even waste my time with?

I pick up my phone, this mix of confusion and anger surging through me, and I reply to Adam’s text message from earlier and his offer of going round to his room on Saturday.

Count me in! Shaun can’t make it though.

So I guess I'm going round to Adam Lloyd’s room on my own on Saturday then. Just me and Adam Lloyd. Adam Lloyd who likes lads. Alone in his room. No big deal about that.

No big deal at all.

• Like 19