Deano, Again: A Muscle University Story (Deano Story 3)

muscleaddict

Nine

The more I think about the way Shaun acted that night, the more pissed off I feel about the whole thing. He hasn’t spoken to me for the last few days, and I haven’t spoken to him either. In a weird way, it’s actually kind of refreshing. Just to not have to bother talking to him. Is that a really bad thing to think about someone who is supposed to be one of your best mates?

When Saturday night comes, we still haven’t spoken a word to each other. I’m secretly glad that he’s in the room when I start getting ready to go to Adam’s. I can feel his eyes digging into the back of my head as I’m putting on my skinny jeans and choosing a t-shirt. I know he’s wondering why I’m getting changed. Where I’m going. And who I'm going out with. And I’m secretly getting a kick out of it. I bet he’s just DYING to fucking ask me.

I feel like I should maybe put something on over my tight white t-shirt. I dunno. It’s just gonna me and Adam (I think). I feel like if I cover up it might help squash any potential awkwardness. So I grab a tight fitted blue jumper I usually wear for family things at Christmas.

I half expect Shaun to make a snarky comment before I leave. “Enjoy the gay bar!” Or something like that. I sneak a glance at him before I leave. He’s watching something on his laptop. He looks bothered. And I feel a stab of guilt. Am I in the wrong here? Is he right to be pissed off with me?

Maybe I should have just invited Shaun to Adam’s birthday thing last week? It would have saved all of this. But I still can’t shake his twatty comment about me going to a gay bar. Or what that comment implies.

I’m so busy thinking about Shaun, that I only start to feel nervous about what’s happening tonight when I’m literally standing at the door of Adam Lloyd’s Prince House dorm room. I have a sudden thought. What if it ISN’T just us two tonight? What if he’s invited his mate/potential secret boyfriend, Ty? Or someone else? I’m surprised at how much that thought bothers me.

Soon enough Adam’s opening the door and practically filling up the doorway with his frame. “All right, D?” he says, with a smile that seems part excited and part shy.

Adam clearly didn’t have the same thoughts as me about covering up, because he’s bulging out of a tight white t-shirt. I’m kind of disappointed he’s opted for dark grey jogging bottoms instead of the skinny jeans he wore last week. Are MY jeans overkill? We are only gaming after all. And yet - I swear when he looks at my bottom half he ominously smirks in response.

He tells me to sit down on the little leather sofa as he fiddles with the remote on his huge TV. “I can’t believe you have a sofa!” I say.

He looks back and gives me a little grin. When he turns back around, my eyes go down to those humongous arse cheeks bulging underneath his joggers. Fucking hell. 

Adam spins around. And now he’s walking towards me. All two hundred and fuck-knows-what pounds of him. He stretches his arm out and hands me one of his controllers. He’s biting his lip. He’s still his usual confident self. But for the first time ever, he looks kind of … nervous. Is that because of me?

And then he sits down next to me. FUCK. My hard on swells even more in my skinny jeans. It’s like the bus ride to Little Hatton all over again. Only this time the bus won’t stop. And there’s no one else around. It’s just me and Adam Lloyd. Alone in his dorm room-slash-mini fucking apartment. Sitting right next to each other.

“Okay, D - what do you fancy playing?” he says, scrolling through his home screen. I suggest a title and he tells me it's a good choice. I’m finding it really hard to look over at him. I can't believe he's right there. All that mass bulging. Have I mentioned he smells kinda great too?

“So ... what's Shaun up to tonight?”

Ugh. My chest tightens at the mention of my roommate.

“Ummm ... SU bar, I think.”

That seems like a pretty convincing lie.

“Does he remember insulting me over my ears?”

My mouth curls into a smile. “He didn’t. But I reminded him.”

I look over at him. One of those crooked grins is on his face. God, this guy is hot. How can a guy like this just have landed in my life? Huge and good looking and actually likes lads. It doesn’t seem right. There has to be some kind of catch. Like a secret geeky boyfriend who wears Ghostbusters t-shirts. Or a gorgeous blonde girlfriend who’s about to trap him by announcing she’s pregnant. 

“Does he ALWAYS get that pissed?”

Adam’s still smiling, but I know there’s something hidden behind that comment. It feels like Adam’s secretly judging Shaun for getting so drunk. Jesus. If only he saw some of the states I got into back home in Brighton last summer.

“Ummm … he was a bit of a mess that night. He’s been a bit, hmmm … funny, lately.”

Why am I telling him this?

“How come?”

“Mmmm. I think it’s … you know, the whole training programme thing. Me going to the McCarthy Classic.”

Adam nods. “I guess it can't be easy when your best mate’s one of the best in the year.”

I roll my tongue around the inside of my mouth. I don't look at Adam. I don't want him to see that I’m now smiling because of that comment.

I clear my throat. “Probably doesn’t really help with Ash and Mafra going too. We’re kind of a foursome.”

I look over at Adam. He’s smiling and nodding a little. “Eric seems like a good lad. I haven’t really spoken to Ashley.”

I want to tell him that Ashley’s sound too. Even though I’m pretty sure he’d ditch us all if a group of bigger, better bodybuilding students came along.

“So …,” Adam begins, ominously. I look over at him. “Two weeks today!” he says, a big cheeky smirk spreading across his face.

I smirk back and nod, feeling a jolt of excitement. It’s pretty mad to think that two weeks from today I’ll be at the McCarthy fucking Classic in America. I may have already stepped on stage. May have already met Mitchell “The Machine” Murray and Felix King and who knows which other competition conditioned IFBB pro monsters. 

A part of me keeps wondering whether something is going to go wrong. Is that a bit fucked up? The uni cancelling the trip at the last minute. Or me tearing a pec or bicep the day before we’re set to fly out. That would just be my fucking luck. 

“And I’ll be at my parents in Sandwich,” Adam says. “Watching the Livestream. Cheering on my favourite second-year.”

What the fuck? I feel my cheeks flush. This warmth goes through me. I’m smiling. And I can’t seem to look at Adam Lloyd right now.

Adam clears my throat. “Eric Mafra!”

I look over. He’s cheekily smirking at me. Wow. A moment. An actually fucking moment with Adam jug-eared tank-sized Lloyd. 

“I’m kinda looking forward to seeing Ozzie too.”

I almost drop my fucking controller. I turn and glare at Adam like he’s gone completely nuts. 

“Oh, come on!” Adam says, with a big amused grin. “You can’t say his posing style isn’t entertaining!”

“That’s one word for it,” I say.

I think about telling Adam about my conversation with Ozzie in the locker room earlier in the week. Where I completely ripped apart his posing style. I’m not entirely sure that Adam would approve though.

“Nothing wrong with a bit of cockiness on stage, Deano.”

I look at him with an eyebrow raised.

“Well - you can’t say Ozzie doesn’t have a good physique!”

“Mmmm. No - I’ll give him that,” I say, suddenly picturing Ozzie’s bonkers shaped abs and those thick round glutes from when he posed the other week. “That’s about the only thing he’s got going for him.”

Adam lets out a shocked, little laugh. “Wow! Savage!” he says.

Shit. Was that too harsh? 

“Did you know his Instagram is set to private?”

“Yeah!” Adam exclaims. “What's that about?”

I pull a face and shrug.

“It makes no sense,” Adam says. “Considering how confident he is!”

I beat Adam in the game we’re playing and he shouts, “OI!” and then knocks me from the side. His big brutal shoulder crashing into mine. Fuck. I can’t seem to stop smiling. If I do it again, will he react in a similar way? Will I get to feel that mass pressed up against me again?

After an hour or so of gaming, Adam asks me if I fancy playing something else. When he loads up a new game, he clears his throat and sits back down next to me on his little two-seater sofa. 

“So … I gotta ask.”

Why do I suddenly feel nervous? I wait for Adam to continue talking, without looking over at him.

“What’s the deal with you and Woody?”

Oh my God. He did not just ask me that. Okay. Keep it together, Deano.

“Ummm …,” I mumble, not looking at him. I pull a face. 

“You just … don’t get on?”

“Mmmm. I dunno. In one way we kind of do?”

Why the hell did I just say that?

“You seemed like you got on okay, to be fair.”

I look over at Adam. He doesn’t look suspicious. Or nervous. It feels like a pretty normal conversation.

“After a bit of a rocky start,” he says, side-eyeing me with a little smirk. 

I clear my throat. “It was mostly, like … stupid first-year stuff, I guess. Him annoying me. Me annoying him.”

(Me secretly wanting to kiss him. Me ACTUALLY kissing him. Me then outing him to the whole fucking school over Facebook and getting suspended for it.)

“Bit of a bodybuilding rivalry, then? He does come across as a bit cocky, to be fair.”

I fight the urge to scoff. Just a fucking bit, I think. 

“He’s a good lad though. Luke, too.”

My stomach tightens. Even though I can’t say he’s lying. Who could ever say Luke Henderson wasn’t a nice guy?

“They kinda had it rough last year.”

Fuck.

“I take it you know about the Facebook post?”

Oh my FUCKING God. My whole body freezes up. I can’t look at Adam.

“Ummm, yeah. I didn’t really see it.”

No. I was just the one who fucking POSTED IT. I suddenly have a thought - what the hell would Adam think if he knew that? Woody obviously hasn’t told him that little detail of the story. I don’t really know why he’d not tell him. But whatever the reason, I’m grateful for it. 

“You know ... Woody wanted to drag me to Glasgow that night we went to Little Hatton.”

It feels like my heart skips a beat.

“Oh right,” I say. My voice sounding flat. Okay - I need to say more than that. “Bit far, isn’t it?”

Adam laughs. “Yep! We almost got stranded there last time.”

Last time! So Adam is bringing this up. I can’t believe he’s actually bringing this up.

“Plus … well, I wasn’t sure if you’d be up for it.”

I swallow. Why do I suddenly feel nervous? And why is there this atmosphere all of a sudden? It’s like something has shifted.

I’m not looking at Adam Lloyd. I’m looking straight ahead at his TV screen. 

“How come?”

(I can’t believe I just asked that.) My heartbeat’s quickened. Don’t look at him. Because he’ll see how nervous you are. 

“The distance for one.”

For one. So what’s number two? What’s the OTHER reason, Adam? You ridiculously good looking, jug-eared, huge arse owning tank? 

“And, well … I wasn’t sure if the club would be your kind of thing!”

Fuck. My chest tightens.

“Or maybe it would?”

Oh my God. I (finally) look over at him. Wow. He looks nervous. 

“You CAN trust me, Deano.”

I nod. Adam’s face relaxes. He smiles at me. A pretty fucking gorgeous smile. And I feel my whole body relax. The atmosphere in the whole room relaxes.

I can’t believe it. I’m doing the thing I never thought I’d do. I’m coming out to someone at Muscle University. Someone I didn’t just jump on top of and inappropriately kiss. 

“How did you know?” I ask, gently

Adam smirks. A kind, sort of cute smirk. “Well, I didn’t know for definite. Just … a feeling I had.”

I nod. I’m tempted to ask whether Woody accidentally blabbed to him like he did to me about Adam. For all I know he could have, and Adam’s just trying to protect him. I guess it doesn’t really matter. He knows. Someone on campus actually knows about me. This feels … pretty fucking huge.

“Do you know if there are any others at MU?” I ask Adam, nervously. “Like us?”

Adam cheekily smirks. I suddenly realise we’ve sort of abandoned the game we were playing. 

“Erm. I only know Woody and Luke for sure. I’m sure there ARE others though.”

I nod. “What about your mate, Ty?”

Adam laughs. “No. He’s definitely straight.”

Huh. So there goes my theory about Adam’s huge hot friend from the SU bar being his boyfriend. And being the real reason Adam came back to Montgomery. Out of nowhere, a voice in my head cries, “What if he came back for you?”

Ridiculous.

Absolutely. Fucking. Ridiculous.

“I definitely think we’re a rarity. Although … well, there are rumours about certain pro bodybuilders.”

I smile, excited and curious at what’s coming next.

“I've heard Tommy Foster is!” Adam says, his eyebrows raised.

“No fucking way!” I cry.

He gives me a wide-eyed nod. Tommy “The Tank” Foster? One-time 212 Mr Olympia Tommy? I can’t believe it. Even though I want it to be true. Would LOVE for it to be true that someone like Tommy Foster is gay or bi. The idea gives me a strange kind of hope. That maybe one day I’ll meet a Tommy Foster.

“Anyone else?” I ask Adam.

“Erm … do you know that guy, AJ Jones?”

I have to resist the urge to laugh. I tell him yes and nod. “I’ve heard he is. He’s got a boyfriend, apparently.”

I nod. AJ Jones, a fellow short-arsed pocket rocket who I one day might be competing with. Who’s not exactly unattractive. And who looks a bit like the bodybuilder sitting next to me.

“What’s that smirk for?”

Busted. 

“Nothing,” I say, shrugging (but smirking even more). 

“It’s just … you DO know you kinda look like him?”

“Who?”

“AJ Jones!”

“Fuck off! He’s about four foot for a start. Ooops. No offence.”

I laugh. “Nothing wrong being a short arse.”

“Not if you look like you, there's not.”

What the fuck? My heart skips a beat. I swallow and look back to the screen.

“Ooops. Kind of fucked up this game.” 

Wow, The way Adam’s looking at me right now. Our bodies so close together. What would he do if I just moved my leg a few inches to the left? So our thighs were touching? Fuck.

“One last game?” he asks. I nod and we focus our attention back on Adam’s TV. But I can’t concentrate. Because Adam Lloyd knows about me. He knows I like guys. Someone at Montgomery University knows I like lads. And he happens to like lads too. He also happens to be absurdly good looking, has these big ears that are kind of adorable and be the size of a fucking house.

An hour or so later we decide to call it a night. “So … what do you think? Do it again next Saturday night?” Adam asks me as he switches the TV to the normal channels.

Fuck. “Erm … yeah!” I say, trying to not smile so much.

“So … I’ll text you. About next week,” Adam says, as he leads me to the door.

He stops at his door and spins around. Fuck. He’s so huge. And so handsome. And he’s right fucking there. Bulging out of a tight white t-shirt. Giving me this look. 

“I feel like I wanna hug you.”

Oh my God. His eyes fall to my right shoulder. Fucking do it, I think.

“How do you normally say goodbye to Shaun, Eric and Ashley?” 

I furrow my eyebrows, but I’m smiling. “Erm … a fist bump, maybe?”

Adam pulls a face and playfully rolls his eyes. Then he smirks and holds up a clenched fist. I feel a flutter of excitement as I hold up my own fist and gently bump Adam’s.

He’s got this look on his face. A look I have NEVER seen on the faces of Shaun, Eric or Ash when we’ve fist bumped each other. Our fists are still together. Fingers touching. Knuckles pushed together. Okay - this is lasting WAY longer than it needs to. In fact, it kinda feels like time has fucking stopped. 

What would he do if I leant forward and kissed him right now? What would Adam Lloyd do?

We finally part fists. Adam’s got this almost coy grin on his face. He tells me he’ll see me Monday for training and I head back to my Johnson House dorm room. All the time thinking about Adam Lloyd. That familiar mix of hope, excitement and pure fucking dread going through me. A feeling I haven’t felt since Harry the Bouncer last Christmas. And before that with Ryan North PT last summer. 

Oh God. Here the fuck I go again. 

• Like 19
  • Upvote 3

A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!! 
You write better than 99% of the writers that do TV these days. I (and so many others I’m sure) can’t wait for the next chapter! 

• Like 2

I guess we'll have to wait to (maybe?) see them getting it on.  Oh, the anticipation the reader has to suffer through when there's such good writing.  

And MA, it looks like you're teasing a bit again - AJ Jones has a boyfriend?  Is it Noah Cook?  And if Adam and Deano both know about AJ being gay, then AJ must have left the suffocating closet in his Internet postings.  Hmmm.

Please, we want the next chapter soon!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Spandexmuscle said:

Yes yes yes! Fucking awesome as always! Thanks @muscleaddict

3 hours ago, crushme99 said:

muscleaddict . . . 

clipart-you-are-wonderful-15.png

1 hour ago, Mickeypuk said:

Absolutely amazing 

Soo engrossing and can’t wait for the next chapters

Thanks for these lovely comments, guys! 😊

• Like 1

1 hour ago, biggymnast84 said:

A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!! 
You write better than 99% of the writers that do TV these days. I (and so many others I’m sure) can’t wait for the next chapter! 

Haha! Well if anyone from Netflix is reading I'm available for Squid Game season 2. (Think they'd take to my idea of introducing a couple of competitive bodybuilders with questionable sexualities? 🤭)

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, DennisFLL said:

I guess we'll have to wait to (maybe?) see them getting it on.  Oh, the anticipation the reader has to suffer through when there's such good writing.  

And MA, it looks like you're teasing a bit again - AJ Jones has a boyfriend?  Is it Noah Cook?  And if Adam and Deano both know about AJ being gay, then AJ must have left the suffocating closet in his Internet postings.  Hmmm.

Please, we want the next chapter soon!

Of course it's Noah! 😜 I'm not sure if AJ would publicly come out - but obviously a few people must know for Adam to have heard the rumour. 

I'm going to aim to post chapter 10 mid-week. It's quite a big one!

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

Wow, an interesting new episode about Dino)) The last part is intriguing, as is every part of every story. History is constantly in suspense. Dino looks more mature than in MU, although he is still fighting with his demons inside, huh)) I'm looking forward to the new part.