Deano, Again: A Muscle University Story (Deano Story 3)

muscleaddict

3 hours ago, Bjort said:

Such a goddam TEASE!!! 😈😈😈

Yeah…good teasing… with just a long lasting fist bump.  I totally hope there’s some 🍆💦 more skin to skin action to read in the next episode.  😏

• Like 3

17 hours ago, macookie said:

Yeah…good teasing… with just a long lasting fist bump.  I totally hope there’s some 🍆💦 more skin to skin action to read in the next episode.  😏

Hmmm. You'll find out soon. 🤔

Ten

“Lads - did you see the competitor list for the McCarthy that got posted earlier?” Ashley says to me and Mafra as we’re walking through Hanson Hall. We’re on our way to a final meeting with Walker, Hancox, Johnny Hoxton and the third year lads before the trip next week. Adam Lloyd will be there too. Even though he’s not actually coming with us. I can’t believe he’s not coming with us. The more time that passes, the shittier that piece of knowledge feels.

I’m not gonna lie. I’ve been thinking about last Saturday night a lot. Being with Adam Lloyd in his dorm room. Sitting next to him on his little two seater sofa (similar to the one I’ll have in my single room next year if Shaun carries on acting like a fucking dick). Adam telling me he’s heard rumours that Tommy Foster is gay. That he’s like me. That he’s like the both of us. Me and Adam Lloyd. Jug-eared Adam Lloyd and his bulging mass and humongous sized arse. Who said he wanted to hug me. And then held his fist up to mine for much longer than was necessary. 

Ash gets his phone out and starts reeling off the names of the IFBB pros confirmed to be competing next week. I already knew about Chris “Freaky Peaks” Jackson, Chris Pratt’s bodybuilding twin, possible future Mr Watkins and all round freak Mitchell “The Machine” Murray and (of course) the legend Felix King.

But there are a few new names on the list too, including two ex-Montgomery University students. Nathan Marrett is one of them. When Ash says his name he says, “He used to train at my gym back home!” I look at Mafra and we exchange smirks. Because I’ve lost count of how many times Ash has said those words.

But yeah - Nathan’s fucking incredible. Crazy size. Gorgeous aesthetics, Balloon-like tits. Nothing falls short. I think he only graduated about three years ago and he’s now placing high in pro shows. I’ve heard he wasn’t even the best in his year, which just goes to show that no one can definitely predict who’ll do well after graduation. Though I think we can rule out Henderson being the Mr O in a few years time. 

The other Montgomery graduate competing at the McCarthy is Rick “The Beef” Tucker. He’s one of uni’s most well known graduates from recent years. He studied here about six years ago. Last year he cracked the top ten at the Mr Olympia. He’s like a proper working class lad. A bald head. Thick Geordie accent. He’s a proper fucking monster. I always remember Ryan North telling me about how he met him that once. And now I’m suddenly wondering whether Ryan knows about the McCarthy. And how impressed he’d be. Surely my dad must have told him.

“Can you imagine the pump room shots we’ll be able to get for Instagram?” Ash says. He’s looking extra good lately. (I mean - he always looks fucking good.) His face is leaner than usual. I’m not sure what’s going on under the tracksuit. I guess I’ll see next weekend. I feel like I missed a trick by agreeing to have the single room in Chicago. Ash and Mafra are roommates anyway, so it made sense for them to share.

“Do you think we’ll be able to talk to them backstage, though?” Mafra reasons. He has a good point.

“I am!” Ash cries. “Who’s gonna stop us?”

I can’t help smiling at that. I can just imagine Ashley strutting up to mass monster Felix King and confidently asking for a selfie. I feel like Seth fucking “Ozzie” Osman would do the exact same thing.

“Have you guys searched for Ozzie on Instagram? His profile is private?”

Ash laughs. “Where the fuck did that come from?”

I shrug and pull a face. It wasn’t that much of a detour from what we were talking about, was it?

“Oh yeah. I saw that,” Mafra replies.

“Why the fuck would you have a private Instagram profile?” Ash says. “Didn’t you ask him about it?”

“No!” I scoff. “I don’t talk to him if I can help it.”

Ash laughs in response. “The lads reckon he’s got an awesome physique though!”

The lads? What the hell? I’m tempted to ask which lads he’s talking about, but I already know the answer to that. How did Ash get so friendly with those third years? 

“I’ve been meaning to ask you, D. Is something going on with Shaun?” Mafra asks.

It takes all of my will not to groan. Shaun STILL hasn’t spoken to me since last Thursday. A whole fucking week of giving me the silent treatment. It’s fucking pathetic. I keep expecting him to crack. But so far he hasn’t. And I’m DEFINITELY not being the one to talk to him first. Why the fuck should I?

“He was in a RIGHT mood yesterday!” Ash says. “And he was being funny in Posing Practice on Monday.”

I swallow hard. “He’s pissed off about the McCarthy.”

I feel a weird pinch in my chest. Like I’m betraying Shaun or something. I don’t tell the lads that he’s also pissed off because he found out I went to a pub in Little Hatton with Adam the other week. Not that they’d take his side.

“Oh for fuck’s sake,” Ash says. “Should be a better bodybuilder then!”

Wow. That’s fucking harsh! I look over at Mafra. He gives me a wide-eyed look and smirks at me. He’s clearly thinking the same thing I am.

“All right, boys?” Johnny Hoxton says to us as we walk into the classroom. The first thing I notice is Adam Lloyd in his bright red Montgomery University hoodie. But he’s not sitting with the other teachers. He’s sitting with Keiran and Connell, and the three of them are hunched over Adam’s iPad and deep in concentration. He’s so engrossed that he doesn’t even look up at us. 

I’m actually strangely sort of proud of how I’ve been handling the whole Adam situation since Saturday. I can’t lie. I’ve definitely been having certain thoughts. About Adam. And about what could potentially happen. But I definitely haven’t been, like, obsessing over him or anything. There’s no texting like there was with Harry the Bouncer. And I haven’t checked his Instagram profile once. Maybe it’s because I have all the McCarthy Classic stuff to distract me. Plus the whole Shaun drama. Or maybe I’m just growing the fuck up?

“Lads - we’re just waiting for Seth!” Walker says as the three of us sit in a row. Hancox shakes his head to himself. Ha! Love it.

And then in he fucking walks. Strolling in like he doesn’t give a shit about anyone or anything. Like he always does. He’s got a cap on backwards which makes him look like an even bigger twat than he normally does. He’s covered up his black tracksuit. No crazy shoulders or thick biceps today then.

He’s coming right towards us. Right towards ME. And then - he’s not ...

“All right, lads!” 

Yep. Seth “Ozzie” Osman has fucking SAT down next to me. So he clearly wasn’t too bothered about all that stuff I said to him in the changing rooms last week. About his posing being annoying and embarrassing. 

I look at Ash, who’s got this amused smirk on his face. “All right, mate?” Ash says, cheerfully.

“Aye!” Then he looks at me. This fucking sly smirk on that annoyingly cute bad boy face. “All right, Deano?”

Erm … FUCK OFF!

“The third years are sitting over there,” I say, dryly.

He lets out this almost child-like chuckle. “Good one, Little Dude!” 

Little Dude. UGH. I HATE that nickname.

I don’t respond. I just lazily roll my eyes at him and turn my attention back to the teachers. I can see Ozzie getting his phone out from the corner of my eye.

And then … he starts fucking SINGING. Not loudly. Just to himself. It’s that “D.I.S.C.O” song. But he’s changed the fucking letters.

“D.E.A.N.O … D.E.A.N.O.” He’s nodding his head a little as he sings it, all the time looking down into his phone.

I hear Ash let out a little laugh. I glare at Ozzie. He doesn’t look up. He carries on looking into his phone. But he’s got this little fucking SMIRK on his face

ARGH. He’s just … so fucking annoying. I’m not gonna rise to it. I look straight ahead, chewing the inside of my mouth so no one in this room can accuse me of smiling because a very small part of me found what Ozzie just did a TINY bit funny.

“Okay, lads. Shall we make a start?” Hoxton calls out, which prompts Adam to stand up and go and sit in the seat next to Walker. My heart jumps when he looks over in this direction. I’m expecting one of those slightly shy smiles he sometimes does. Or even a little nod. My chest tightens when I see his expression though. I don’t get a smile. Or a nod. And he looks … weird. Am I imagining that?

As Johnny continues to talk, I glance over at Adam. He definitely doesn’t look as relaxed as he normally does. Maybe something’s happened. Or maybe he’s in a bit of a shitty mood because he’s not getting to come with us to the McCarthy with the rest of us next week.

Johnny goes over some details for the trip. A minibus is coming to pick us up from campus on Thursday morning to take us to the airport in Glasgow. Then it’s a ten hour flight to Chicago. On Friday there’s a big expo. Then there’s the press conference where we’ll get to meet the pros afterwards. The pro fucking IFBB fucking bodybuilders. Including Felix King and Mitchell “The Machine” Murray. 

Then Saturday’s the big day. Apparently, our spot is sandwiched in between the classic physique class and the men’s bodybuilding finals so they’ll definitely be competitors backstage with us. I don’t know what I’m more excited about. Being on stage posing at one of the world’s biggest bodybuilding shows where the legend Brad McCarthy himself will be watching or being in the same space as the likes of Nathan Marrett and Ryan “The Beef” Tucker as they pump up backstage in their posing trunks. 

Every now and then my eyes veer back to Adam Lloyd. He definitely doesn’t seem his usual relaxed self. He’s not looking over either. At any point. My stomach suddenly flips. Is that because of me? Is something going on? No, Deano. DON’T fucking do this. He was FINE with me on Wednesday when we were training. And on Monday. Not everything is about fucking me. I’ll see him tomorrow for training like I always do on Saturday. And I’m (maybe/hopefully) going round to his again on Saturday night for more gaming. Even though he hasn’t really mentioned it since last Saturday. Maybe this time he actually WILL hug me goodbye? And also maybe tell me what was bothering him today. As something clearly is.

He doesn’t even look over when Johnny wraps things up. He just turns to his iPad again, Only looking up to talk to Walker. It’s like I’m not even here. Last Saturday he was confiding in me about being gay and telling me he wanted to hug me. And now he’s acting like I’m not even in the room.

ARGH. Stop this. Just. Fucking. Stop.

It’s a miracle I don’t think about the whole thing for the rest of the day and night. If I wasn’t seeing him tomorrow, I might be. I think about texting Adam. But I don’t. I think about checking his Instagram. But I don’t do that either. See? Growing up. Not being the Deano I was with Woody. Or Harry the Bouncer. Or Ryan North PT.

But when I walk into the gym on Saturday afternoon expecting to be greeted by a smiling Adam Lloyd and his massive ears as he bursts out of one of his usual gym vests or t-shirts, my heart fucking drops. And I can’t help feeling a sharp panic. Because Adam Lloyd isn’t there. It’s just Dave Walker.

“No Adam?” I ask Walker. My chest tightening. And my voice sounding WAY more nervous than it should.

“Not today, mate,” he says, casually,

Fuck. What the fuck? Adam never misses our training sessions on Saturdays. Maybe it’s nothing. Or maybe something’s happened. Something I don’t know anything about. Something that’s nothing to do with me. Because maybe the whole world doesn’t actually revolve around me and not every guy I meet is going to fuck me over.

And yet - I just can’t shake this feeling that whatever might be happening with Adam Lloyd right now and the reason he hasn’t turned up to today’s training session, or why he barely looked me in the eye yesterday IS about me. 

And when it gets to six o’clock, and I haven’t had a text from Adam asking me about tonight, that feeling only intensifies. He DID say he’d text. On the other hand, that was a week ago. Maybe he’s just forgotten? Or maybe I can put myself out of my own misery and just be the one to text HIM.

So I do.

We still gaming tonight? 

Simple. To the point. No mention of his absence from my training today. No hints or clues that I’m worrying that something’s wrong. That something’s changed. That I’m wondering whether he’s about to spend the next week ignoring and avoiding me because he’s back with his girlfriend who he’s just found out is pregnant.

Which I know is ridiculous. Because Adam’s not Ryan North. Adam’s a nice guy. He’s SO nice. Nice to me. Nice to everyone. (Does it even make sense that I get on with this guy?) And above that - nothing has ACTUALLY happened between us. Adam Lloyd is not about to screw me over. Because there’s nothing there TO screw over.

And yet. Half an hour has passed and he hasn’t replied to my text. Adam Lloyd isn’t texting me back. God. I hate this. I REALLY fucking hate this.

“Not swanning off out tonight?”

What the - I almost fucking fall off my bed. Because, for the first time in over a week, Shaun has actually spoken to me. I look over to find his head buried in his laptop. He hasn’t even bothered to look up.

“Are you talking to me?” I say, flatly.

He screws his face up. “Who else?”

I roll my eyes and go back to my phone (with no text messages coming through). When I don’t say anything, Shaun loudly scoffs. I spend the rest of the night in a shitty fucking mood. Watching something on my laptop with my headphones in and my back to my ridiculous roommate. Trying (and failing) not to wonder what the hell I’ve done to make Adam Lloyd, aka - the guy I’ve spent the past week wondering whether something could actually happen with, not want to see or talk to me.

And then. On Sunday morning. I come out of the shower to find a text message waiting for me on my phone. 

Sorry, Deano. Got caught up with something last night.

Huh. Okay - on one hand, I’m relieved. But on the other hand, I dunno. It feels like a bit of a shitty text. With a shitty excuse. Ugh. Whatever. Adam’s text me back. That’s that. I’m sick of worrying about a guy with whom nothing has actually happened. A guy I should be training with tomorrow. And for the rest of the term. Even if Adam Lloyd HAS been avoiding or ignoring me for some unknown fucking reason, he certainly can’t do it for long. 

And sure enough, the next afternoon, when I’m walking into my usual Monday training session, there he is. Like always. Standing next to Dave Walker and bulging out of a tight white t-shirt. Looking like an absolute tank. Like always. 

I feel a tight knot in my chest as I approach them. Fuck. It seems to tighten further when Adam looks at me. What is that expression? He looks uncomfortable. Even a little … nervous. And now I know that it wasn’t all in my head. That there IS something going on.

“All right, mate!” Walker says to me. I nod and cautiously look at Adam. He says all right. But that expression. What the fuck is going on?

He seems less nervous as the training goes on. But there’s definitely something there. A sort of unspoken awkwardness. Everything just feels so strange.

I wonder if I’ll have time to talk to him afterwards, but he just says bye and leaves with Walker. And now I’m left wondering what the fuck I’ve done. I came out to this guy just over a week ago. I confided in him. Told him something I rarely tell anyone. He wanted to fucking HUG ME. And now he’s treating me like he barely knows me. 

It’s only when I wake up early the next morning, that it hits me. Like a fucking revelation. Suddenly - I know EXACTLY what’s going on.

He knows. Adam Lloyd knows. I feel panicked. My hands feel clammy. Everything suddenly feels shit. And then anger rises in my chest. Because I have a pretty fucking good idea how this has happened. And exactly who is behind it.

A few hours later, I’m sitting at the back of my Business and Brand Management lecture with Hancox, looking at the back of that very person’s head. When the lesson’s over, my stomach sharply twists. I know what I need to do. I tell Mafra I need to ask Hancox something. He nods at me with a suspicious look on his face. Like he knows something’s up. But he leaves anyway. As if by luck, the guy I’m about to approach is stalling. Standing at his desk messing with his phone while most other people are filing out. My stomach clenches as I approach him.

“Woody …,”

He spins around. Looking confused. And surprised. But then something flickers in his expression. Like he knows why I’m here. 

“All right?” he says, looking slightly cautious.

I roll my tongue around the inside of my mouth. “Yeah. You?”

I look over at Hancox. He’s just glaring at us. Looking a bit confused. I’m not sure if it’s a look that says, “Why the fuck are YOU two talking to each other?” or “What the fuck are you still doing in my classroom?” Maybe it’s a mixture of the two.

Woody seems to notice too. He picks up his backpack and the two of us leave. This isn’t exactly a conversation I want Hancox overhearing anyway.

“So what’s up, Deano?” 

He stops and turns to me. He knows EXACTLY what’s up. I notice his hand grip the handle of his backpack tighter.

My chest is tight. Looking at his face, I suddenly feel pissed off.

“Does Adam know?” I say, flatly. 

He gives me this look. Tense. Wary. He doesn’t even need to reply. Because I already know the answer. His face is telling me everything.

He does a little nod. My chest tightens. I feel a surge of anger.

“I didn’t tell him,” he says, with an eyebrow arched. “If that’s what you’re thinking!” He’s trying to be confident, but I can tell he’s a bit nervous.

I fold my arms across my chest. “How did he find out then?” I ask, wanting to believe him, but finding it a little hard.

“I think Walker said something to him about you getting suspended.”

My stomach twists. Ugh. Fucking Walker.

“Then he just asked me. If you were the one who made the Facebook post. I guess he must have put two and two together.”

I feel momentarily defeated. But something else takes over. I narrow my eyes at him.

“And I bet you just loved telling me that!”

Woody’s face screws up in confusion. Then he scoffs. “Yeah, Deano! Cause me and Luke - we’ve just been sitting in our dorm room for the past year plotting our revenge!” Then he fucking rolls his eyes. 

“Grow up, Deano! The whole world doesn’t revolve around YOU.”

Ugh. I can't believe I thought me and Sebastian Wood could ever be friends. Who the fuck was I kidding?

“You could have just lied,” I say. As soon as I say it I know it’s ridiculous. 

“Why?” Woody scoffs, with his face screwed up. Then his face turns stony. “You did it, Deano,” he says flatly.

I suddenly feel deflated. Like the wind suddenly got knocked out of me. Sebastian Wood has never completely forgiven me for what I did. I know that now. And now, a thing I did a year ago (a STUPID thing) has come back to bite me in the arse.

Woody’s just glaring at me. Still as annoyingly good looking as ever. Like he probably always will be. I shake my head and walk away. There’s nothing else to say to him. Maybe this is the end of me and Woody. Whatever fucked up thing that was.

So that’s it. Adam Lloyd knows I posted the illustration of Woody kissing Luke to Facebook last year and outed them to the whole university. That’s why he’s suddenly being cold and distant. That’s why he didn’t invite me round to his last Saturday. Why he didn’t reply to my text until the next morning. And it’s probably the reason why he wasn't in my training session on Saturday afternoon like he usually is.

Because he knows about the worst thing I ever did. Because his opinion of me has probably now completely changed. 

Just over a week ago I was sitting on the sofa in his dorm room. We were confiding in each other. I was telling him I liked lads. He was making flirty comments to me. Making remarks about my skinny jeans. Telling me he wanted to hug me and leaving his fist pushed up against mine for just a little too long while giving me that look. 

Less than a week ago, I thought that something might actually be happening between us. An actual bodybuilder here at Muscle University who likes lads. Who’s huge and good looking and easy to talk to. And now THIS has happened. 

I get this feeling like I NEED to do something. I think back to last summer with Ryan North. When he ignored and avoided me for a week because he’d gotten back with his girlfriend. I found out when he was working and waited outside the gym to confront him. When I fucked up with Harry the Bouncer, I went down to the pub he walked at on New Year’s Eve because I knew there was a chance he’d be there. 

But what the fuck do I now? Storm over to Adam’s room? Knock on his door and confront him? Try and explain why I did that stupid, twatty thing I did a year ago to Woody and Luke? Try and convince him that I’m not the bad guy he now clearly thinks I am?

It just seems too much. WAY too much. Because nothing has actually happened between me and Adam Lloyd. This time I’ve managed to fuck things up before they’ve even started.

Later on, I’m watching something on my laptop with my headphones in when Shaun comes home. Great. Another person in my life who has a problem with me. Another so-called friend I’ve recently been questioning if he’s actually my friend at all.

When I retreat to the bathroom, I swear I can feel Shaun’s eyes on me. Which is weird. Because, lately, he usually just completely blanks me.

And then, when I’m back on my bed looking at the McCarthy Classic website and schedule, something happens which almost makes me fall off the mattress.

Shaun is suddenly standing over me, holding out one of his Xbox controllers. I look up at him. And he’s looking at me, straight-faced. I think of a dozen sarcastic things to say to him. “Yes? Do you want something?” “Why are you giving me that?” “Did you get lost on the way to the bathroom?”

But I don’t say any of those things. I just take the controller, slide my laptop off me and follow Shaun back to his bed. Without saying anything, he loads up a game. Is this actually happening? Why do I suddenly feel lighter sitting here next to Shaun on his bed? It’s like a weight’s been lifted. And for the first time in as long as I can remember, the atmosphere in the room feels lighter too.

“I’ve been thinking …,” Shaun begins. I look over at him. He’s looking straight ahead, his eyes fixed on the screen.

“Next summer, after we graduate,” he continues. I have no idea where this is going. “We should go to America.”

What the hell? I find myself smiling. And realise it’s the first time I’ve smiled in about four days.

“Okay …?” I say. Shaun still won’t look at me.

“Not just for a holiday either. Let’s go for, like, a month at least. We can travel around. Florida. California. New York.”

“That … actually sounds pretty cool!” I say. 

“We can go to some shows. And loads of, like, hardcore bodybuilding gyms. Maybe meet some pros?”

Wow. Shaun’s really put some thought into this.

“I mean … they might even recognise you. You know ... after the McCarthy.”

I nod, looking at Shaun. And then Shaun FINALLY looks at me. “I’ve been a bit of a dick, haven’t I?” he says.

I can’t help smiling. I pull a face and shrug. “Yeah. Only a bit though.”

His mouth curls into a smirk. And I’m smiling back at him. And just like that, me and Shaun are cool again.

“Dude! What was it like at the pub with Woody and Henderson?’

I smirk and pull a face. “SO awkward!”

“So is he, like … friends with him? Adam?”

I suddenly feel nervous. Shaun looks a bit baffled.

“Ummm … yeah. Well, More so Woody. They competed at the end of year show last year?”

“Oh, yeah,” Shaun says. “That makes sense, I guess.”

And they both like lads, Shaun. Like ME. Your roommate. Who, on occasion, stares a little bit too long at the freckles on your big, round shoulders and pumped up lats. 

I have a fleeting thought. Maybe the reason Shaun was so pissed off with me going out with Adam is that he knew there was maybe something going on there. Maybe he was secretly jealous. Because Shaun is secretly gay too.

But as soon as the thought arrives, it goes again. Because that's utterly ridiculous. And even if it were true, I don’t think Shaun would have anything to worry about now with the Adam situation.

“Let’s go out,” I say to Shaun. He looks at me confused. “A proper night out. The weekend after the McCarthy. The SU bar. Or even that pub in Little Hatton. It was all right, actually.”

Shaun shakes his head. “Ash won’t go. Not when you're all still on the training programme.”

“So you, me and Mafra’ll go! The end of term show’s not for, like, another month.”

Shaun nods. I swear I can see a little smile there which he’s trying to hide. 

“Maybe you can invite Adam?”

My stomach twists. “Hmmm. Maybe,” I say, biting my lip and not looking at my roommate.

I go to bed in a better mood than I’ve been in for days. But when I wake up the next morning, ready to face Adam Lloyd for both my Digital Marketing and Social Media for Bodybuilders lecture and (presumably) my last training session before the big weekend, I feel pissed off. It’s like a tight knot in my chest that won’t go away.

I’m pissed off at Sebastian Wood. I’m pissed off at Adam. And I’m pissed off at myself. For allowing myself to have those thoughts about him. For thinking that something could actually happen between us. For allowing myself to have those feelings for a guy when it’s only ended in disaster for me in the past. Why did I think this time would be any different?

I barely look at Adam during Digital Marketing and Social Media for Bodybuilders. I just pretend like he’s not there. I didn’t plan it beforehand, something just takes over me. I don’t know if he’s noticed, but I feel like he has. Because when I do sneak a peek, he looks tense. Not as relaxed as he normally does. And a part of me secretly hopes that that’s because of me.

Just like a part of me secretly hopes that when I walk into the Watson House gym for my last pre-McCarthy training session, he’s going to be standing there next to Walker. 

And he is. He’s actually here. In a bright red t-shirt with “Protein Factory” on the front. I guess there’s no ignoring him now.

“Alright, D?” he says to me after Walker greets me. He seems nervous. Like he did last week. Maybe more than he did then. He’s not exactly smiling either. I can’t believe he called me D.

I give him a little nod and say all right back. And I know it comes out flat. And kind of cold. But what does he expect?

Things relax a little when the training commences (as they always do) and we all get lost in the training. When it’s all over, as well as wanting to throw up, this unexpected excitement pulses through me. Because that’s it. The last training session is done. Tomorrow we fly out to Chicago in the States for the McCarthy fucking Classic. Adam even makes eye contact with me when Walker’s talking about tomorrow. A little wide-eyed acknowledgement that something exciting and big is about to go down. A tiny shared moment between me and Adam Lloyd that momentarily feels like nothing’s happened between us. I hate the effect that that has on me. And that little pinch of elation I feel because of it.

I expect Adam to say something to me before I leave. But he doesn’t. He just offers me a slightly awkward, tight-lipped smile. But it feels genuine. I start to head to the changing rooms, feeling deflated. But then -

“Deano!”

I spin around. Adam Lloyd is standing there. Bulging out of his red t-shirt. His big jug ears sticking out.

“Just wanted to say … good luck out there.”

He still looks nervous. I HATE that he’s nervous around me. How did it come to this? 

I roll my tongue around the inside of my mouth. “Thanks!” I say, my voice sounding weird.

Adam seems to be studying my face. “We should catch up. When you’re back.” He seems genuine. Like he actually means it.

I nod at him. I roll my tongue around the inside of my mouth. “Maybe,” I say, looking at him. My voice sounds flat. Something flickers in Adam’s expression. He looks a little taken aback. Like he expected me to just roll over and say yes. Maybe he knows he’s fucked up. Or is it me who’s fucked up? At this point, I’m not really sure.

I head back to the changing rooms. A part of me relieved, even a little excited at the thought that maybe all is not lost between me and Adam Lloyd. That maybe things COULD go back to the way they were before he found out about the Facebook post. 

But another part of me, a bigger part of me, wanting to just forget about Adam Lloyd. And all of the drama that’s happened over these last few days. 

Because tomorrow I fly out to America for one of the biggest bodybuilding shows on the planet. It’s here. It’s finally here. And now I just need to put all of that drama out of my head and forget. Forget about Adam Lloyd. And his tank-sized frame. And ridiculous good looks. And those big jug ears.

Jesus. Those fucking ears.

• Like 21

Uhhh)) The interesting part. It seems that some of Dino's dirty tricks are returning to him like a boomerang. As always, there is a lot of intrigue for the next part)) I will be happy to wait for a new chapter. You're doing great, keep up the good work, muscleaddict.

• Like 3

For his sake I'm glad that Deano at least reconciled with Shaun and somewhat with Adam before leaving.  Woody'll be tougher later on maybe.    And now the MU boys are off to Shi-car-go to strut their stuff!  Great job, MA!

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Why do I feel that Seth is the manipulating mastermind behind whatever has upset Adam and has recupersions for D.E.A.N.O. 

And after a few botched jabs by my coach, how wonderfull must be an Instute of Higher BB Learning with fully qualified staff for all your needs, dietary and otherwise (and most likely the best gym evah!). 

Longing already for the next part.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

15 hours ago, suske said:

Longing already for the next part.

My feelings exactly… looking forward to reading what happens in Chicago and what happens back at MU.  So many plots to resolve and so many options for the our minds to imagine, while we wait.  I’m beginning to even think 🤔 that maybe our little D.E.A.N.O might even remain single.  

• Like 2

Thanks for the comments, guys. That was the last chapter of Part One. The whole of Part Two takes place at the McCarthy Classic/Chicago trip. I might do a little run-down of the fictional pro bodybuilders competing who are mentioned/featured over the next few chapters. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

On 10/11/2021 at 9:34 AM, crushme99 said:

Chapter Seven was just FANTASTIC.  I could hear something like this rolling around in my head:  

"Look, Woody… uhhh… I know I was rotten to you and Henderson last year.  Really rotten," Deano mumbled, awkwardly down into his glass.  "I was kind of… uhhh… a different guy back then.  Not the kind of guy that was easy to like."

Woody glanced over at him, a puzzled but half expectant look on his face.

"Maybe you two could look past that and we could… uhhh… and sort of be… mates?"

I laughed out loud!  For Deano to express anything that openly would take years of therapy -- probably including electro shock therapy!!

LOL

SO much of Deano's life goes on in his head - it never sees the light of day or gets verbalized. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2