Winter is coming . . . .

EverHopeful

Hello, Fellow Rochesterians.  

I was thinking of the line from the beginning of Moby-Dick, “whenever it is a dark and dreary November in my soul” this morning.  And then I saw the weather forecast for this evening, and it looks like we’re getting our first snow.  Summer and autumn have been glorious, and I hate to see them go.  But I know that as we all adjust to living more of our lives INSIDE, we sometimes lose the enthusiasm we had for working out (short sleeve weather is behind us now).  

I am going to try not to slack this year, but to see winter this as an opportunity to do better in my fitness goals.  I have been really consistent with my training for the past few months. I’m going to now try focusing on eating consistently, too — which I have never done.  

I am making my new year’s resolution early, I guess, and when we DO go back to short sleeves in the spring, my goal is to be 5 pounds heavier than I am today.  I think that’s realistic, and I think I can put on 5 pounds of muscle, not fat, if I really pay attention to what I am putting in my mouth, and how much of it.  Someone suggested I learn about macros, so that’s my plan — to learn about that, and then to live it. 

Are any of you other Rochesterians setting goals?  This club is all about encouragement and support.  If you need a cheerleader—or someone with a cattle prod—let us know, and we will be there for you.  

The club has been quiet lately.  Let’s see a little more activity. 

Take care, and have a great week ahead. 

@EverHopeful

I always say that, at the end of the year, the Starks are always right.  (Game of Thrones fans will know what I mean)

As for New Year's resolutions, I'm continuing to work on my mental health, as that has been the heaviest thing I've been dealing with these days.  Once that's managed, I'll tackle the rest.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines, Terms of Use, & Privacy Policy.
We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..