Survivors IV

aurelius

Survivors IV: 16-20

I don’t know how they did it, but Amare and Gareth seemed to know how to get up in the morning without waking up either Abari or me.  I was disappointed: I would have liked to wake up with Gareth’s big arm draped over my body.  I was beginning to feel how wonderful it would be to kiss him when I woke up in the morning.  But I stopped myself: I really had to get ahold of myself.  Yesterday I found myself falling in love with Garin’s muscular body—only to realize that it would have meant fighting with Lateef, and I didn’t want to do that.  And now I was wanting to kiss Gareth—in bed no less, with Amare possibly there in the next bed!  I may not be developing physically as much as Abari, but I did notice a few hairs growing around my cock, and my cock felt a bit bigger, and I was definitely beginning to feel sexual feelings I had never felt before.  I guessed it was the water.  And I figured I should talk with Gareth about it all.  But I didn’t see him—only Amare getting the cups ready.

So, when Gareth reappeared in the doorway, I got up and went over to him: ”Can I talk with you about something?”

“Sure,” he said, “but let’s have our morning water first.”

As usual, Amare had poured water in our cups; he called for Abari, who seemed to struggle with waking up.  As he stretched his arms, I could see why: he had grown another inch—and, as Garin had said, the little boy simply wasn’t very little anymore—there was muscle on his arms!

“Come here, Abari,”  Amare said gently.  Abari came over and Amare knelt down in front of him. “It seems your brother Garin is a prophet!  You are growing up fast—“ and here he gently took hold of Abari’s left arm and raised it up—“you’re getting some muscle on your arms!”

“I am?”  Abari looked surprised, as if all his hopes and wishes were coming true.  He looked at each of his arms.  He even flexed them and saw that indeed, there were little bulges of muscle in them.  “Wow!”  I expected to hear “Goody!” but my little brother was growing up, and “Goody!” was something a little boy would say.

“Now,” said Amare, “Come and have your morning water—but remember, don’t drink it too fast.  You’ve grown because you’ve been drinking water slowly.”  Abari looked at his dad with big, open eyes, as if Amare was saying the most important words he had ever heard.  

“It looks like I’m losing my little brother!”  I said as if talking to myself.  But it was loud enough so Abari heard.

“No! You’re not!” and he rushed to hug me—and he was already nearly as big as me. “You will never—NEVER—lose your little brother,” he said as he hugged me.  “I may be bigger, but I will always love you!”  And here he gave me a big, sloppy kiss on my lips.  I was startled, but also very happy; I hugged him back.

Gareth and Amare were all smiles as we drank our water.  “Now,” Gareth said, “I need to talk with Jabar, so if you will excuse us.”  Amare shot Gareth a glance that seemed to say, “Is it that time already?”  And Gareth nodded as he got up.

Gareth and I walked down to the beach and along the shore for awhile.  “Can we sit at the shore?  Sometimes I find that sitting with my legs in the water is comforting.”

I hadn’t thought of that, but it was fine with me.

“Father—dad,” I said, and hesitated.

“Son, I’ve been here before with two other boys.  Relax.  I think I know what’s happening.  Are you growing hair around your cock?”

I let out a huge volume of air I didn’t know I was holding in.  “Yes, I am.  And how is it you always know the right thing to say to me?”

“Because, as I said, I’ve been here before with two other boys.  Xander was very afraid when all sorts of hair seemed to erupt around his cock and then grow up his stomach and down his legs.  He thought he had a disease!”

The thought of big, muscular, beautiful Xander thinking he was diseased—it made me smile and then giggle a little.

“The water increases your growth rate and it affects each boy—and man—differently.  Your brother is growing muscle before getting hair and a bigger cock.  I assume your cock is growing too?”

“Well, yes, I think so.  But it was the hair that surprised me.  And the thoughts I’ve been having.  I felt funny when I was looking at all those beautiful muscular young men yesterday.  And—“ and I hesitated again.

“And you felt funny about one of your brothers? Xander?”

“No,” I said, turning away, ashamed.  “Garin, when he was running with the coconut.  He looked, well—“ and I hesitated again.

“Yes, I know.  He looked like a god.”

“Exactly.  And I nearly told Lateef that.  The only thing that stopped me was the thought of having a fight with Lateef and him not liking me anymore.”

“Actually, I think Lateef would have understood.  He would have given you a hard look, and you might have gotten scared that he was going to hit you, but he loves you too much—and you two are so very much alike.”  He paused.  “Does Lateef know you enjoyed watching all those young musclemen playing in the sand yesterday?”

“Yes.”

“Then tell him how you lusted after Garin.  You might even tell Garin, too—he’d enjoy it.  He loves showing off his muscles, and he’s getting even bigger after yesterday.”

“After yesterday?”

“Well, Amare wouldn’t want me to tell you this, but I think you’re smart enough to understand.  And besides, you’re already changing, so it’s time you knew.  When boys start to become men—and you’ve just started, so you’re still a few days from this—they can elect to increase their growth even more by doing something.  It’s how a boy chooses his dad.  He sucks his dad’s cock and swallows his dad’s cum.”

Gareth looked at me hard, to see if I was going to say “Yuck!” or “Ewww!” or some other childish thing.  Instead, I thought for a moment and said, “Is it because the cum increases the power of the water?”

Gareth smiled; then he reached out and drew me into a big hug.  “Oh, how I wish you would be little and I could cuddle you for years!”  His eyes welled up with tears.  “But I see your brain is too big, too adult, and you’re already ready to grow up!”  He kissed me.  I felt tears welling in my eyes.  I didn’t want to grow up so fast.  I wanted to be surrounded by my dad’s powerful arms forever.  But Abari was already growing muscle, so I guess my growing hair and cock were my way of growing up.

As Gareth let me go and dried his eyes, I said, “Can I tell you one more thing?”

“Of course—we might as well get it all out!”  and he smiled.

“I’ve thought about kissing you—in the same way that you and Amare kissed.”  I was hoping I wouldn’t get hit.  My dad is a very strong man.

“Well, that’s not going to happen,” he said.  “I love you, but as a father, and I will always love you and hug you and kiss you as a son—and even cuddle you, if you’ll let me.  But a father kissing his son as a lover—that’s simply wrong.”

“I know,” I said, turning my head down; I may have been blushing.  “I know, but these thoughts come rushing into my head and I can’t always stop them.”

“Actually, you can.  That’s the first step to being a man.  It’s not about how big your muscles are, or how much hair you have or how big your cock is.  It’s about controlling your own thoughts.  And then controlling your words, and then controlling what you do.”

Have I told you my father, my dad, is a hero?  He was never more heroic than that morning as the waves came in over our legs and we talked about sex and life.  I threw my arms around his neck and squeezed hard.  My tears fell on his big shoulder.  I whispered, “I don’t want to grow up!  I want you to cuddle me always!”  My dad whispered back, “Always!”  I could feel his body heave as he started to cry as well.  I had a father and he loved me!  I had so much in my head and so many feelings filling up my heart, but all I could say was, “Thank you!  Thank you so much for being my dad!”  

“I will always love you, my son!”  And the two of us cried.  

Then he laughed and said, “We’re a mess!”  And he wiped his eyes and then wiped mine.  “I think Lateef and Garin are coming over to show you more of the island.  I’m pretty sure Amare has figured out what we’ve been talking about.  But we need to be men when we go back into the house—right?”

“Right, dad!”  I kissed him on the cheek and hugged him again.  Slowly, we got up and went back into the house.

It seemed Amare and Abari had been talking as well.  I heard Abari say, “And will I keep getting bigger muscles as I get bigger?”  Amare said, “Most likely.  You seem to be developing the same way Garin did, and that’s what happened to him.”   Abari smiled.  I wanted him say “Goody!” but I’m afraid that was a younger Abari.  “That’s great!” he said.

Amare turned to Gareth and me: “Did you two have a good talk?”

“Yes, we did!” I answered in as clear and un-teary voice as I could manage.  Gareth smiled and put his hand on my shoulder.  “Jabar is growing up.”  It seemed these words were code; Amare smiled.  Gareth continued:  “He’s not getting muscles like Abari, but he’s growing up.  In fact, if Abari seems to be developing like Garin, then Jabar is developing like Lateef.”

Amare smiled and said, “That makes sense!”

“Are you guys talking about us?” Garin barged his way into the house.  

“Yes, we are,” said Amare.  “It seems your little brothers are developing the same way you and Lateef did.  Show your brother your arms, Abari.”

Abari positively beamed as he ran over to Garin and flexed his arms.  Garin reached down and felt a muscle in Abari’s arm.  “Wow!  You’ve got a muscle there, my not-so-little brother!”  He looked around at Amare and Gareth and said, “I didn’t think he’d start so soon!”

“Well, I am!” proclaimed Abari.  “I want to be just like you and father Amare!”

Gareth added, “And Jabar is growing up the way Lateef did.  In fact, Lateef, you should find some time today to talk with Jabar about growing up.  I can tell him, but I’m an old man; it’s better he learns some things from you.”

I couldn’t stand it.  I rushed to my dad and put my arms around his waist: “You are not an old man!  Not in a million years!”  Gareth and Amare laughed.  “But we are, my son!” Gareth said as he bent down to me and kissed me on the cheek.  “We don’t look it, and we’re still pretty strong, but I’m not as fast as I once was and Amare—“

“Yeah, I can’t throw big boulders the way I used to.  Speaking of that: Gareth, I’ll need your help today to replenish my boulders at the lookout.”

“Sure thing, my love.  Besides, I think Lateef and Garin are going to take our youngest up the hill and show them more of the island.”

“That’s the plan,” said Lateef.

“So,” I said, “Where are we going?”

“I thought wed go up the hill and look at that part of the island today.  There’s a tree where Garin and I used to play when we were your age.”

“And I wish I could still play on it—but I’m afraid I’ll break a branch,” said Garin.

“A branch?  You could probably bring the whole tree down!”  Lateef laughed, but Garin looked a little embarrassed. 

“Still,” he said, “It’s a fun place to climb. We called it the ‘Lookout Tree’ because you can see way out to sea.”

“And sometimes I still climb up to see if there are ships coming.”

“I want to climb!” Abari said.  “I think I’m big enough.”  He turned to Amare, “Do you think I’m big enough?”

“Yes, you are, but listen to Lateef and don’t fall and break something!”

“I’ll listen to both Lateef and Jabar!”  And Abari ran and held Lateef’s and my hands.  “Let’s go!”

We went out of the house, turned right and found a path through the trees, past Lateef and Garin’s house.  It wasn’t much of a hill, but the trees got taller.  Just before the trees ended and a wide expand of grass stretched before us, we saw the tallest tree—the Lookout Tree.  Its trunk was wide; its bottom boughs looked thick but of course the boughs further up were thinner.

At the bottom of the tree, Lateef put down the water jug.  He then jumped up a little to the lowest bough, swung his legs up and before I knew it, he had climbed up and was standing on the third or fourth bough above us.

“”Lift me up, Jabar!  Lift me up!”  Abari insisted.

“Now be careful,” I said.  “Lateef has done this many times.”  I looked at Garin: “Wouldn’t it be better if you lifted him up and then went up after him?”

“But then who’s going to lift you up?”  I then realized I couldn’t jump as high as Lateef and would need Garin to lift me up.  

“OK,” I said, “but you lift me up right away.”  And then turning to Abari I said, “And you wait for me—I don’t want you to get up so high and then fall down and break your arm!”

“OK,” said Abari.  So I lifted him up.  His arm muscles pulled him up and soon he sat on the first bough.  I turned to Garin: “Can you lift me up next to him?”

“Sure,” and Garin did just that.  Then he went over to a bough on the other side of the tree, jumped up little and was sitting on the bough before I knew it.

“I’m afraid this is as far as I can go.  I’m just too heavy to climb as high as Lateef.  But I can help you get up to the next bough.”  So Abari stood up, holding on to the central trunk, and then he walked over to Garin, who lifted Abari up so that he could reach the next highest bough—and again, his new arm muscles pulled him up to the next bough.

I was much more nervous than my little brother.  I guess his new muscles gave him a confidence I wasn’t ready to see.  And when Garin helped me up to the next bough—after Lateef had come down a bough and helped Abari up to an even higher bough—I realized I really didn’t want to go any higher.

Lateef called down: “Jabar, Do you want me to help you up further?”

“No,” I said, “I’m fine right here.  I can send messages back and forth between you and Garin!”  Garin laughed.  “Don’t worry, little brother; heights aren’t for everyone.”  But I could already hear Lateef telling Abari what he was seeing: 

“If you look over there, you can see our fathers carrying boulders to the cliff where father Amare throws them at Egyptian ships.”

“Wow!  They are both so strong.  Those boulders look heavy.”

“They are, but father Amare can toss them out into the ocean and scare away the Egyptian ships.”  Then Lateef must have turned around, for he said, “And if you look this way, you can almost see the end of the island.  And over there you can see some of the houses we will visit today.”

Garin looked up at me and said, “When I was much younger, Lateef and I would scamper up to the top of this tree and look around.  We would spend the whole morning up there, talking and telling made-up stories about the people and the places we could see.”  He sighed.  “This is the one thing I regret about getting big muscles like my dad.  After I got big, I tried to climb higher—following Lateef, who can scamper up this tree, as you’ve seen—and I heard a bough crack.  You can see what happened to it right there.”  And he pointed to a bough which had broken off.  “I think it snapped off in a storm.  I haven’t been to the top of the tree since.”

I felt like I was letting Abari down; I should be further up the tree.  I called up: “Lateef, can you help me go up one more bough?”

“Sure!”  And then he turned to Abari and said, “Now, you need to hold on to this bough until I get back.  Can you promise you’ll do that?”

“Yes, my brother.”  Soon Lateef was on the bough above me, his hand reaching down to me.  ‘You know, you don’t have to do this, Jabar, if you don’t want to.”

“But I feel like I’m letting Abari down.  What if he wants to climb again, and you’re not around?”

“And what if you get more scared, the higher up you go?  You’ll be no help to him at all if you’re afraid.”

I paused and thought.  “OK; then I’ll stay here.”  Lateef turned around and was up next to Abari before I could blink twice.  Garin said, “It’s hard to let go.  I know.  But you and Abari are both changing, and you’ll just have to trust us.  You do know we love you both, don’t you?”

“Well, yes,” I said, “but knowing is one thing and—“

“And feeling it in your heart is another.”  Garin looked up at me. “You know, I’m not a muscled numbskull.”  I guess the surprise on my face was pretty visible.

“I’d invite you to come down and sit next to me—except that I’m afraid any more weight and this bough would break.  Shall we both get down so we can talk more?”

“That sounds good to me,” I said.  I carefully put my hands on the bough and let myself down to the next lower bough.  By that time, Garin was already down.  “Jump!” he said, “I’ll catch you!”

So I jumped into the muscular arms of Garin and for a moment I was back to my lust for his powerful body.  But just a moment.  I remembered what Gareth had said about controlling my thoughts.

“Thanks!” I said as I put my feet back on solid ground.

“Now; what did your dad say about you growing up?  Lateef isn’t the only brother you can talk with.”  This muscled guy really was a lot smarter than I gave him credit for.

“Well, OK,” I said.  I drew a breath and we both sat down against the trunk of the tree.  “I’ve got hair growing around my cock, and my cock is a little bigger.  And I’m having these feelings, like being attracted to the muscled men in the game yesterday.” I paused and looked Garin full in the face, and said, “And being attracted to you.”

Garin chuckled.  ‘Thanks, little brother!”  And he made muscles with his two big arms, and then he gave me a quick hug.  “But I’m not sure if Lateef is willing to share me.”

“And I really wouldn’t know what to do with you if I got you alone, anyway.”  

“Well. I guess you could suck my cock.  That’s a start.”

“So that’s how men make love?  I thought they only made little boys do that.  Don’t men just fuck?”

“Like I said, it’s a start.  But really, I guess deep kissing—what Lateef did with me yesterday—is really the start.”  He must have seen lust in my eyes because he said, “And no, we’re not going to do that either.”

“I know.  I sort of promised my dad that I would control my thoughts more.”

“Father Gareth knows you and loves you.  I’m glad you talked with him.  And he suggested you talk with Lateef—and you still should—but I can help with a few things.”  Here he paused.  “One of these nights, your cock is going to spill some of your cum—completely without you thinking about anything sexy at all.  It sometimes—and sometimes often—just happens.  Don’t be scared.  It’s natural.  Your body is starting to produce cum and you just produce too much and it spills out.  And the water makes us develop so fast that you can feel overwhelmed by your own developing body.”

But by this time, Lateef and Abari were coming down the tree.  “Are you talking with Jabar instead of me?” Lateef yelled at us.

“Well, you were up there showing the world to Abari, so I had to take your place.”  Then, as Lateef jumped to the ground and then Abari jumped into Lateef’s arms, Garin said, “Don’t worry; there’s still plenty of stuff for you to tell him.”

“Tell him what?”  Abari of course wanted to know.

“Tell him about growing up, my little brother.”  Garin picked up Abari and gave him kiss,  “Your brother Jabar is growing up too—just not like you.  He’s not getting muscles yet—I suspect he will be a fast one, like Lateef—but he’s growing up in other ways, and our fathers wanted him to talk with Lateef and me about how he is changing.”

“How are you changing?”  Abari looked at me.  I’d never lied to him and I wouldn’t start now.  “I’m getting hair around my cock.”

“Are you going to be as hairy as Xander?”

“I don’t think so,  but it’s just starting.  I talked with my dad this morning, and I talked with Garin now.”

“And I’ll be talking with him too,” Lateef said, and then he turned to Abari: “Jabar’s changes aren’t as easy to see as yours.  So our fathers want Garin and me to help him with them.”

“Aren’t you glad we have such brothers?” I said to Abari.

“Yes, I am!”  And the little boy Abari was back: he hugged Lateef and then gave Garin a bigger and longer hug.

As we came out of the trees, we followed the path through some grasses.  The path led to a long oval path that seemed to fill the whole grassy area.

“That oval is where I go running,” Lateef said.

“Yeah, he’s pretty fast—as you know!”  Garin said.

“Show us, Lateef!  Show us!”  Of course, Abari wanted to see his brother run.

“Well, OK,”  It seemed he didn’t need to be asked twice.   Lateef took off the water jug, put it on the ground, stretched a little and was off.  He ran through the grasses and made them move like he was wind.  

“Wow!  He’s fast!”  Abari said.  I wondered if I would grow to be that fast.

When Lateef got back, he panted only a little and took a sip of water.  “That felt good!”  he said.  

“Can you teach me about running?” I asked.

“Of course I can!  But some other day—just tell me when you’re ready to go running!”  Then he put the water jug strap over his shoulder and became Lateef the guide again:

“Over to our left you’ll see a path dip down into what seems a big hole in the ground.  That’s the quarry.  And those houses near the trees next to the quarry—those are where the main quarrymen live.  We’ll visit Akhom and Tafari a bit later.  Akhom is nearly as muscular as father Amare.  The quarry is where the stone slabs for houses come from.”  He paused, then grinned as he said to Garin, “I’m sure they noticed you playing coconut.  They may offer you a job!”

“You think so?  I wouldn’t mind it.  But not until we’ve shown our brothers more of the island.”

“And then, to our right, you can see the land slopes away.   It goes down to the sea.  That’s the place where our fathers were gathering boulders for father Amare’s lookout.  Do you want to see that place first?”

“Yes,” said Abari.  “I want to see how big the boulders are that father Amare and father Gareth took to the lookout.”

It wasn’t a long walk.  We walked to the edge and looked down.  Abari was impressed.  “Some of these boulders are very big!  Do they carry them up to the lookout?”

“No,” said Garin, “My dad usually breaks them once or twice and then he and father Gareth carry them up.  Let’s go down and see the boulders up close.”

We found our way down through the boulders.  The further down we went, the smaller the boulders were—a few of them seemed to have just been broken.  Garin lifted up one of the bigger ones.  Lateef said, “Careful, big boy!  Your dad will soon be calling on you to help lift borders to the lookout!”  

“I wish he would!  I’d love to help.”

Lateef found a smaller one for Abari: “Try this one.”  And Abari could lift it—once more showing how much muscle he had gained.  He was actually able to throw the boulder!  I really was losing my little brother. 

Soon Lateef thought we should be going—we were going to visit the houses and meet some of the quarrymen.  So we climbed up the hill of boulders, walked through the grasses and toward the houses.

At the first one, Garin yelled, “Anybody home?”  A very big, muscular man came out of the house; he looked Egyptian.

“Well, if it isn’t not-so-little Garin, the hero of the coconut game!   And I’ll bet this youngster was your number one fan at the game the other day!“  He smiled at Abari.  Then he turned his face back into the house:  “We have visitors, Tafari.”  A not-quite-as-muscular Nubian came to the door.

“You’re looking good Garin!  Do you think we should offer him a job, Akhom?”  I couldn’t tell if Tafari was joking or not.

“He’s big enough. I guess we should take him to the quarry and see what he can lift.  You up for it, Garin?  But first—where are our manners?  Come in, young men, and have some water.”

Akhom was nearly as big as Amare, and like Amare, he surprised me with how gentle his movements could be.  He drew back the net-door and ushered us in.

It felt strange, sitting on the ground, being offered water in cups by Tafari.  But I figured that there were many houses on the island, and men poured water into cups in all of them.  

“Let’s see if I can remember your names,” Akhom said.  He looked at me:  “I think you are Jabar.”  I nodded.  “Then you must be Abari!”  “Yes, I am!  You’re smart!”

“No; I’m not that smart—Tafari is smarter than I am.  But It isn’t every day that we have young men come to the island.  Sometimes we have soldiers who swim to us—like the two men down at the shore, but seldom do we have little ones as brave as you!”

“Jabar’s the brave one!” Abari said.  “I fell asleep in the boat and didn’t wake up until I saw Amare.”

“And I’ll bet you liked him right away,” Tafari said. 

“Yes, I did!”  My little brother was nothing if not charming.  And brave:  “Were you a slave in Egypt too?”

“Why yes, I was,” Tafari said.  “And this big lug—“ here he put a hand on Akhom’s big shoulder—“was my slave master—sort of like your fathers Gareth and Amare.”

So, I ventured, turning to Akhom, and said, “Are you the other slave master who went with our fathers?  Was it your cousin who supplied the ship?”

“Well,” Akhom said, smiling broadly, “I see your fathers have told you the story of our coming here!  Yes, Jabar, I was the other slave master.  I hadn’t fallen in love with Tafari the way Amare had fallen for Gareth, but I liked him, and once we reached the island, we paired up and have lived together ever since.”  And here Tafari hugged Akhom, who turned to give him a kiss.  “And,” Akhom added, “I still see my cousin Masud.  He lives over toward the dock where the ship is tied up.”  He signaled with his thumb that the dock was beyond the quarry.  “He has a good crew and they keep the ship in good condition.”

But I can’t stop myself from asking questions.  So after taking a sip of water, I said, “When did you start working at the quarry?”

Tafari chuckled a little. “It was the water.  Big guy here started getting—we’ll big, as you see—and several of us found this place where we could carve out slabs of stone for houses.”

“Your fathers worked here then,” Akhom said, “In fact, after Amare and I got big, we used to have little contests to see who could carry the most slabs of stone.”

“Who won?” Abari said.  I saw a look in Akhom’s eyes that made me a little queasy.  I tried to give him my own look, trying to say with my eyes, “Don’t destroy his worship of our father!”  Akhom nodded.

“Well, that was a long time ago.  I think some days Amare carried more and some days I carried more.  One thing’s for sure—everyone on this island owes Amare a lot for the work he did here!”  I smiled the broadest smile I could.  It was a great answer.  Abari smiled too.  Father-worship saved.

“And now that we’re refreshed,” Akhom said, “Garin, would you like to see what it’s like, carrying slabs of stone?”

“Sure!  If you think I’m big enough, I’m game!”

“Oh, I’m pretty sure you’re big enough.  And we could use the help.  The new guys want their own house, and neither of them are a big as you.  But I have to warn you: our houses are where they are for a reason: behind this house is a short-cut to the pool.  Many’s the day when Tafari and I have carried stone all afternoon and we’ve had to go to the pool and soak in its waters for a while.”

“Oh, that’s OK; I know about the powers of the pool from experience,” here Garin glanced at Lateef, who was smiling.

“OK; then let’s go.  Are we all coming?” Akhom looked at Lateef and me.

Lateef turned to Tafari:  “Would you please look after our little brother?  I need to spend some time with Jabar.  I know Garin will keep an eye out for Abari, but Garin may be busy lifting rock.”

“Of course,” said Tafari.  And he reached down and said to Abari: “How would you like a ride on my shoulders?”

Garin laughed.  “That’s usually my job!  But I’m sure little brother wouldn’t mind the view from atop a taller man.  Come watch me lift rock, little brother!  I trust Tafari—you can too!”

I could see a little hesitation in Abari’s eyes.  “But only if you lift me up to his shoulders,” he said.

“Deal,” said Garin, “but we’ll have to wait until we’re outside.  Let’s go.”  We all got up to leave.  Outside the house, Garin put Abari on Tafari’s shoulders and they started off toward the quarry.  Lateef and I turned the other way and found a place to talk under some trees.

Talking with Garin earlier helped me feel less anxious about talking with Lateef.  He didn’t mess around:  “So, your growing hair around your cock.”

“Yep.  Our dad was just wonderful talking with me down by the bay earlier today.”

“It’s his favorite ‘let’s talk’ place.  He took Xander there, and he took me there.  I can still feel the waves coming in over my feet.”

“I know!  I think the waves really helped!”

“Yeah; our dad is easy to love.  I guess you’ve learned to trust him more—or he wouldn’t have taken you to one of his favorite places!”

“I guess you’re right.  I have very conflicting feelings toward him now: I don’t want to grow up; I want to feel his strong arms around me forever.  But—“  I had to pause.  I was getting into risky territory already.  “But I’ve had these feelings—sexual feelings—toward him—“

“Well, that will never do.  I assume he told you that.”

“Yes, of course.  Which only made me love him more.”

“Wow—you are a mess!”

“That’s exactly what our dad said—but he said it about both of us, since we were both crying before we were done.”

“I know.  I cried with him too.  I think it’s all the feelings that build up—and you’re rushing into sex and growing, and it’s all just too much!”

“Wow!” I said, and I paused.  “You really do get me.  I didn’t know someone else could understand me so well!”  

“We are a lot alike my little—not-so-little—brother.”

“Then I’m going to tell you something and I hope you won’t kill me or hit me.”

“Oh, I think I can guess—you have sexual feelings for Garin.”

I was astonished.  “How did you know?”

“You, like me, liked watching all that young muscle playing the other day.  And I saw you smiling when Garin had the coconut—I figured you weren’t just smiling at Abari cheering him on!”

“OK—you win!  You’re smarter than I am.”

“No, I’m not.  I’m just older, and I’ve been through what you’re going through.  Look,” he said, taking my hands in his and looking me square in the eye.  “I love you like a brother.  I love how you’re smart like me.  You have no idea what it’s been like, growing up surrounded by muscle gods.  I love them all, and I love Garin more than my own life, but I’m not like them.  You are more like me and you—“ here he paused; I could see his eyes were welling up—“are my true brother.”  And as he reached to hug me—and I hugged him—I found we were both crying.  This was a day for tears.  But they were good tears, and they sealed my love for my dad and now for my brother Lateef.

“You know,” Lateef said as we finally parted, “if you can cry with someone, you really love them.  And I really love you, Jabar.”

“And I love you, Lateef!  Thanks for not hitting me because I had lust for Garin.”

“I’d only hit you if you’d kissed him or sucked his cock,” he said, smiling.  I had to chuckle.

“Well, if it’s any consolation, Garin said that would never happen.  But our dad was right: Garin kinda liked it that I had lust for him.”

“Of course he would: he’s big and muscular and beautiful.  You probably made his day, saying you lusted after him.  But he knows that our love—his and mine—is not something to mess with.  We both need each other.”  He paused. “As I imagine you and Abari know about each other.  Saving someone from being fucked by soldiers—it creates a bond between the two of you that you can’t forget. There’s just too many nightmares that we’ve been through, and too much love in the past that neither of us can forget.  And the other day, when Abari had his nightmare, I knew that Garin had to talk to the little guy about his own nightmares.  It wasn’t easy for him, and I knew I had to hold onto him to help him through—but it was necessary—both for Abari and for Garin.”

“It was really beautiful.”

“Yeah, and Abari hearing it from big, muscular Garin made it all the more effective.  I imagine that experience will help Abari for weeks, if not months.”  He paused again, “But here I am, yapping about Garin when I should be asking about you and your growing up.”

‘Well, we can get to that, but this is just as important.”  Now I paused.  “Garin told me that my cock would leak at night, that cum would just flow out of it without my even thinking about sex.”

“Yes; that happens to most of us.  It happened to Garin more than to me, probably because he simply developed faster than I did.  But it also happened to me.  What else?”

“And he told me that men suck each other’s cocks.  I thought they made little boys suck their cocks, and men just fucked.  I mean, that’s all I know about: getting fucked.  Is it always painful?”

“There’s a little pain at first, but when you feel both love and lust for another man, you want to please him—and he wants to please you.  And giving your ass to your love is a pretty big thing to do.  Of course, you have to educate some guys—“ and here he smiled, and I couldn’t help saying, “like Garin?” 

Lateef smiled back: “Yeah, like Garin.  He’s such a bull.  He thought fucking was all about power and dominance.  I had to fuck him several times before he learned how to slow down and be considerate.”

“So you fuck him?”  I was truly surprised.

Lateef smiled.  “You sound surprised.  It’s like I said: when you love someone, you want to please them.  Garin is a bull.  I’m sure that Amare told him how to be gentle, but the boy is too much about muscle.  I had to tell him to go back to his dad and learn how to fuck.  And that I could teach him how to fuck because our dad actually listened to Amare when they were first lovers.  Actually—“ another pause “—I’m probably confusing you.  Fucking is easy: a cock is rammed up your ass—as I’m sure you know.”  I nodded.  “But when you love someone you want to please them, and that means you make love to them.  That’s what Amare taught our father and what eventually Amare taught Garin to do.”

“So I’ve been wrong to think that there’s only fucking.”  I felt ashamed and lowered my head.

“It’s completely understandable.”  And Lateef put one hand on my shoulder and with his other hand lifted up my head—“It’s all you and Abari have known.  And you’re probably not going to be ready to make love to anyone—especially Abari—until you’re both older.”

“But I’m really glad to know I was wrong!” I found myself smiling and hugging Lateef. “Thank you!”

“Oh, our dad will tell you all about it too—and it’s good to hear about making love from more than one man.  Each man does things differently.  When your time comes, you’ll find out that you’ll learn even more.”

“But it feels so good just to hear what you’ve said!”

Lateef looked around.  “You know,” he said, “unless you have some really pressing question, I’d like to see how Garin’s doing in the quarry.  We can talk more later—maybe when you and I go running?”  He stood up; I became aware of how big the bulge was in his snakeskin pouch.

“Sure,” I said, “that’s sounds good!  Let’s go check on Abari and Garin!”

The quarry was just down the hill.  It was big: it looked as if something or someone had been eating at the rock walls along two sides.  As we walked in, I saw small boulders and rocks and half-slabs of stone; then there were slabs of stone leaning against the rock walls, as if they were waiting to be picked up and carried away.  The quarry went deeper; there were several men working at one of the further rock walls; they looked to be hammering along lines that would make stone slabs.  Their muscles gleamed.  We found Garin and Akhom near the first set of stone slabs leaning against the wall.  I was glad to see Tafari still had Abari on his shoulders.  In my mind, he was still a little boy, capable of running around and getting under a stone slab that fell on him.

Garin was showing his stuff, lifting not one but two big stone slabs.  “My bull,” Lateef said, “—and no, you can’t have him!”  He smiled at me.

It looked like two stone slabs was all Garin could lift, and Akhom noticed: “OK, you can lift two stone slabs, but can you carry them?”

Garin walked about twenty paces and then said, ”Not very far.”

“Good!” Akhom said. “You’re an honest young man.  You’re strong, and I have no worries about you carrying a single stone slab, but I think you may have to grow a little more—get to be a bit bigger, like Amare—before you can carry two slabs.”  He went over to Garin. “Here, let me take one of these.”  And Akhom easily took the top stone slab off of Garin, who straitened up immediately, holding the slab above his head. “Now, we’ll put these back where they were.”  Soon the two slabs were leaning against the rock wall again.

“If you want to help us out, you could carry one slab; I’ll carry two and Tafari can carry one—“ he looked around—“Ah yes!  I see your brothers are here, so Tafari can give up the youngest to one of his brothers.”  Tafari looked around and saw us and said, “Who wants the young one?”

I said, “I’ll take him, but the choice is up to him.”  

But Abari wasn’t thinking about who would carry him.  He was too impressed by Garin: “Jabar!  Lateef!  Garin is so strong, he can lift two stone slabs!”

Tafari came over and transferred Abari to my shoulders.  But Abari wasn’t done: “When I grow up, I’m going to be big and strong like Garin and come work here in the quarry!”

Akhom chuckled and came over and tickled Abari’s tummy: “You do that, little one!  By then, maybe your brother will be running the quarry and Tafari and I can relax!” 

“Deal!” said Abari, using one of Garin’s favorite words.

Garin came over smiling and said, “Little brother, I hope you and I can lift lots of slabs together!”  And then he too tickled Abari’s tummy.  Abari must have been in heaven; he giggled and kicked his feet—as much as I would let him.

Then Garin turned to Akhom: “Where are you carrying the slabs?”

“To the new men,” Akhom said.  “They’’re staying with Menes and Shakir, at the lookout down at the end of the grass.  It’s not a long way.  Apparently the new guys—whose names I don’t remember—knew Menes or Shakir back in Egypt.”

“Well,” said Lateef, “We were planning on going that way anyway.”  Then, turning to me and Abari, he said, “Abari, these new men where on the ship with you.  Do you think you can meet them and not be scared?”

Abari had to think about it. “You mean they’re soldiers from our ship?”

“Yes,” Garin said, coming over to Abari.  He put his big hand on Abari’s leg and said, “But they didn’t hurt you when you were on the ship.  They were at our shark feast the other night and played coconut with us.  They asked me if they should meet you and I said they should wait until we come to them.  They seem to be nice guys.”

Abari reached out and touched Garin’s face: “Promise me you will protect me!”  Garin said, “Of course!”  And Lateef added: “We all will.”

Akhom said, “And if they try anything, I’ll sit on them!”  And everyone laughed—even Abari.

Akhom lifted two stone slabs and led the way; behind him Tafari and Garin each carried one.  Then Lateef and I followed—or rather, I followed in front of Lateef, since Abari wanted to be closer to Garin.  But Lateef was understanding: “The little guy needs his hero.”

By the time he got to the trees at the end of the grass, I think Garin was happy to set down his slab.  Akhom put his slabs down first—setting them down as if they were just a couple of pieces of wood.  He put his slabs against one large tree trunk and motioned to Tafari and Garin to lean theirs against another tree trunk.  Then Akhom went further under the trees and called “Menes, Shakir!”

Two men appeared from further under the trees.  I could just see some of the blue sea beyond the trees.  Two other men also came out from under the trees.

“Thanks for bringing the slabs.  We’ve got trenches dug for them, just over there.  If you wouldn’t mind—“

“Lifting them again?” Akhom said, panting a little.  ‘Well, Menes, I guess I can for a friend.”  And he lifted up one slab and followed Menes under the trees.  Tafari also lifted up a slab, as did Garin, and they followed Akhom under the trees.  Lateef and I stayed back a little, until we were sure of where exactly the men were going.  

It wasn’t a long way.  We could see Akhom lowering his slab into a trench.  I looked at Lateef and he nodded: we went into the trees.  The new house wasn’t all that far from the house of Menes and Shakir.  When we got there, Tafari was putting his slab into the trench beside Akhom’s slab.  Soon Garin was carrying his around to what would become the corner of the house.  Menes and Shakir pushed the soil back against each stone slab in its trench.  Akhom had already left to get his second slab.  Apparently, there would need to be another trip to finish the walls and then to provide some roofing.  But with Akhom’s second slab, there would be two walls mostly done.

“Thank you so much!” said one of the new men who had come out of Menes and Shakir’s house.  He shook Akhom’s hand.  I noticed that Garin had come to stand beside Lateef, Abari, and me.  “I am Aki; this is Babu—“  he turned and put his hand on the shoulder of his friend.  Neither of them were as muscular as Menes or Shakir—or any of us, even Lateef.  But they looked friendly.  Still, I tightened my hold on to Abari’s legs—I wanted him to know I was going to protect him.

As he had before, Garin provided the bridge; he came around, stood in front of Aki and Babu, and said to Abari, “Little brother, these are the men I told you about,  They were on your ship but they jumped into the water and swam to our island.  They have been living with Menes and Shakir and drinking water with them for a few days.  And they played coconut with me at our shark feast.”

Aki looked at Garin and then at me, and then back at Garin as if to say, “Can I talk to him?”  Garin nodded; Aki soon stood beside him.  Garin put his muscular arm around the slender man’s shoulders.

“I am—we are—“ he glanced around to Babu and invited him to stand with him—“we are very sorry the soldiers hurt you on our ship.  That was one of the reasons why Babu and I jumped from the ship and swam to the island.  We don’t like hurting little boys.  Besides—“  And here he smiled and put his arm around Babu’s shoulders—“We have each other.”

I could feel Abari fidgeting with his hands.  So I spoke first, “I’m happy to meet you, Aki and Babu.” I thought about shaking hands but decided against it; both my hands stayed on Abari’s legs. “The fact that we never saw you and you never hurt either of us—that’s a good sign.  Isn’t it, Abari?”

Abari warily answered, “Yes.”

Babu stepped forward and said, “I do some carving, and I’ve carved this for you, Abari.”   He opened his hand and there was a wooden horse; it looked to be in mid-gallop.

“Is that for me?”  Abari may have grown, but he was still six.  I couldn’t see his face, but the smiles on Lateef’s face and Garin’s face told me all I needed to know.  Abari reached for the horse and said, “Wow!”

“Psst,” I whispered, “What do you say when you’ve been given a gift.”

“Oh!  Thank you—thank you so much!”  Suddenly the worried little boy was a happy little boy.

“Thank you,” I said to Babu.  “You don’t know how much this helps!”

“Oh, I think we do!” Aki said.  “We were on that ship; we knew what was going on, but we couldn’t stop it.”

Then Babu said, “I have other carvings back in Menes and Shakir’s house.  I’d like to show them to you.  I just hope you can see us as friends here on the island.”

I imagined that Abari was very interested.

It so amazing story. If only you could explaine the muscle more detail , including the color of the nipples,  the strong of the character, and if it also makes sense if jabar can also getthe shoulder ride from the older brother , from garin as well or from xander. And also latef could get the shoilder ride as well from garin because garin seem happy to test how powerfull he is so he might be happy to carry lateef. And there is a moment when lateef give abari a chance to get shoulder ride when they meet these younger brother.  i know that you are so focusing with the story so you might forget to explained detailed of the experience. So far .. i am enjoying the story. I am sure you could keep going and focus with one character in every part. 

Mike:

Thanks for your comment!  I simply hadn't thought of some of these possibilities.  It would be easy to have Garin give Lateef a shoulder ride, when they were younger, before Jabar and Abari arrive.  I don't think Lateef trusts himself to give a shoulder ride--he tells Jabar that he could do it, but it would be safer if Jabar walks beside him.

As for the muscle detail--I agree.  But I made a choice, early in the story, to focus on the plot (I knew I had a lot of plot to get to).  Muscle details come in only occasionally--which is probably a disappointment for many on this site.

And you are right about focusing on different characters as the story goes on.  The main focus is always on Jabar and Abari, but Xander becomes very important later on.

Again, thanks for your comment!

Aurelius