Survivors VI

aurelius

Survivors VI:  26-30

Amare, my dad, Xander and Zuberi rearranged the fireplace boulders to accommodate the snake.  Then everyone—including me; I didn’t want to be left out—went up the hill to see if there was any wood at all to be found for a fire.  “At least this time we don’t need as much wood,” said Amare.

The fireplace wasn’t as large this time; the snake didn’t need as much support.  Xander and Zuberi went along the hill toward their house, found more wood, and brought it back.  As before, my dad went up to the house and brought back flints and straw to start a fire.  

While all this was happening, I was trying to feel comfortable in my bare skin.  Lateef helped: “You’re going to be self-conscious for awhile; it’s only natural.  But you’re actually bigger and stronger today than you were a couple days ago when we first raced in the pool.  In a few more days, you may be able to beat me!   And you know what might a good idea?  Ask our dad to take you swimming further out in the bay and in the ocean.  He’d love that.  I went swimming with him a few times.  In my case, I was just trying to get away from my brother who thought the funniest thing was to play a prank on me!  You won’t have that problem for awhile—and Abari is so sweet, you may never have that problem!”  While he talked, Lateef put his arm around my shoulders.  I liked that: it gave me some protection, even though none of my brothers had ever said a thing about my skinny body.  I guess they had already figured I was going to be more like Lateef than Garin.  The problem was me: as Lateef said, I was self-conscious.  And I didn’t know how not to be.

When Aki and Babu came onto the beach, each carrying the front parts of the snakes, with Menes and Shakir helping—and Garin holding the snake tails—I felt more self-conscious.  Garin did his best to try and make me less self-conscious:  “You look great in your new pouch, Jabar!  Your cock must be as big as Lateef’s!”

“Nearly as big,” Lateef said.  Suddenly, I wasn’t the center of attention: Lateef was arguing with Garin,

“Well, maybe,” Garin said.  I wondered if he realized that arguing about the size of my cock wasn’t really helping me.  But the young man was a bull, so he went ahead: “It looks like you will no longer have the biggest cock among the brothers, my brother!”

“You think we should measure?”  Lateef said.  I shot him a look: No, I did not want that!  I was self-conscious enough!

“Nah!” said Garin.  “Everyone else can see Jabar’s got a big cock—even if you can’t!”  Garin sent me a devilish grin.

“I never said he had a little cock!” Lateef replied.  Xander and Zuberi were chuckling at this argument between their younger brothers.  Amare and my dad were also smiling as they tended the young fire under my snake.  Didn’t they worry that Lateef could get hit by his bigger brother?  My dad crept up behind me and whispered: “No, Garin’s not going to hit Lateef.  Don’t worry.  Garin loves to get under Lateef’s skin.  And I think Lateef is doing this to take some of the attention away from you. They’re doing this because they love you!”

Meanwhile, Menes and Shakir helped Aki and Babu put their snakes on a large boulder near the fireplace.  Menes started cutting out a pouch for Aki; Shakir was doing the same for Babu.  Abari had been standing by Amare, who kept pushing him back from the fire.  He ran over to Babu and said, “I’ve been playing with your toys every day since I got home with them!”

Babu knelt down to Abari and said, “That was just two days ago!”  He smiled.  “But I’m glad you like them!  Now I have to do something with Shakir.  You run along to your big brother!”

So Abari came over to see me.  “Jabar?” I could tell by his tone that he wanted to talk more seriously.  I said, “Shall we go closer to the house and talk?”  “Yes; I’d like that!”

When we got over near the house, we both sat on small boulders.  “So, what do you want to talk about?”  “Jabar.  I hear you have a big cock.  Am I going to have a big cock?”  I had been so wrapped up in myself.  I hadn’t even thought about how all this talk about cocks might have affected Abari.

I hugged my little brother.  “I don’t know; I don’t think anyone can tell until you get older.  You’re getting bigger muscles, and I know you like that!”  “Yes, I do!” and Abari made a muscle with his arm.  “But I don’t want to have a little cock.  I want to have a big cock like you!”

I lifted my so-called “little” brother onto my lap.  We were whispering, and I wanted to keep things just between us.  “”You know, I think, that Lateef has a bigger cock than Garin—yes?”  “I hadn’t thought of that!”  “And Garin isn’t ashamed that his cock isn’t as big as Lateef’s.  Instead, Garin loves having big muscles.”  “That’s right!”  “You see, every boy develops differently: some boys get big muscles; other boys get big cocks.  But that doesn’t mean one is better than the other.  You love Garin; Lateef loves Garin; even I love Garin like a brother”—here I wondered if I was talking to myself—“and besides, as you get bigger, maybe you will get both big muscles and a big cock!  I don’t think I’ll get big muscles like Garin.  I suspect—as our fathers also think—that I’ll become more like Lateef.  That’s fine with me.  I love Lateef.  He’s helped me a lot these last few days.  But I will always be your big brother, and I will always love you.  Does that help?”

“Yes, my big brother man!”  and Abari gave me another one of his sloppy kisses.

It didn’t take long to roast our snake.  Amare and my dad started chopping it up and handing out pieces.  I noticed that my dad had also cut a few pieces of snakeskin off the snake and put them on a boulder beside the fireplace.  I guessed they were to become more pouches for me.

A lot fewer men came to this feast.  Akhom and Tafari came down from the quarry; of course Menes and Shakir, Aki and Babu were also there.  Some of Xander and Zuberi’s closer friends showed up as well.  It was good to see them, since they joked with Zuberi and one even wrestled a little with Xander—it was good to see my older brothers so relaxed.

Of course I got “Congratulations! You’re a man!” from Akhom and Tafari and some of Xander and Zuberi’s friends.  I discovered I wasn’t as embarrassed as when I was being held by my dad or Xander.  I tried to stand tall and proud.  Lateef came over and whispered to me, “You’re doing great!  Stand tall and proud—this is your day!”

After the snakes were eaten—sort of; once again, it wasn’t the food that was important; it was the gathering—men drifted away up the hill or into the trees.  Bastet and some of her friends were jumping onto the fireplace to eat the remains of the snake.  We were our own family again.  Zuberi had held back one of the jugs of water he and Xander had brought, so we had water when we sat down in our fathers’ house again.  I found myself smiling.

Amare raised his cup and said, “I drink to your manhood, Jabar!”

To which my dad said, “Hey! I’m supposed to say that first: I drink to your manhood, Jabar!”

“Yeah?  Well, my love,” Amare said, “you haven’t actually been anxious for him to become a man!”

My dad blushed a little.  “I know,” he said, hanging is head, “It’s hard to let go.”

Xander spoke up: “Yeah, you didn’t want me to grow up either.”  He turned to me and said, “He’s been through this before—you’d think he’d learn.”

Then Lateef spoke up: “Dad, I know you love to cuddle us when we’re little boys, but you really need to let Jabar grow up.”

My dad blushed some more. “I know, I know.  It’s just—“

“That you love cuddling me—and I love it too.” I looked around at my brothers:  “But, clearly, he let you guys grow up, so I’m not in a rush.”

My dad immediately reached over, pulled me to him, and hugged me.  I didn’t plan it, but it was pretty nice!

“And,” Zuberi said, “to be fair, our dad has had some problems with letting us grow up too!”

“Yeah,” said Garin, “I think it’s because he just loves cuddling us—I think they both do.  And that’s great!  It’s a sign of how much our fathers love us!”

Lateef turned to his brother and lover and said, “How is it you can be so thick so often and then come up with exactly the right thing to say at the right time?”

“Because, my brother, I’m a lot smarter than anyone thinks I am!”  And here Garin put his meaty arm around Lateef and smiled so broadly, he lit up the whole house.

I was glad everyone was smiling.  Amare changed the topic:  “Lateef, are you taking the young ones anywhere tomorrow?”

Lateef looked at Garin and then said, “Well, we never did get to see the lookout of Menes and Shakir.  “Yes,” interrupted Abari, “I want to see Babu again!  I want to see how he’s—“

“No, Abari!” I said, “Don’t say another word!”

“Oh!  I forgot!”

“Again,” added Lateef quietly.

Amare and my dad looked at each other.  “Now just what is going on?”  Amare said.  My dad added, “Is Babu carving something for us?”

I looked at Lateef; he said, “Yes—but that’s all I’m going to say.  We really did want this to be a surprise.  But it seems our little brother is too excited by it and you guys are too damn smart!” 

Xander and Zuberi chuckled; Zuberi said, “You know that our fathers can see around corners and know what we’re thinking—don’t you?”

“Why thank you, Zuberi,” my dad said; he turned to his lover and said, “It’s nice to be appreciated once in a while.”  “Indeed, it is!  Thank you, my son!”  Our two fathers put their heads together and muttered to each other.  Amare gestured as if to say, “You go ahead.”

My dad spoke: “So, we thank you in advance for the carving of the shark!”  He and Amare smiled so broadly, none of us could keep from laughing.

Lateef looked annoyed.  “You’re right, Zuberi.  My mistake in thinking we could actually surprise our fathers!”  

“Still,” my dad said, “we’re both grateful for the thought.  Am I right to assume that our two brainy boys came up with this idea?”

“I helped too!”  Abari said.  And I added, “Yes, he did!”

“And,” added Lateef, “We don’t know when it will be done.  That’s one of the reasons why we’re going back to their lookout tomorrow.”

“We’ll have to think of something to give them back,” Amare said.  My father turned to him and said, “Another shark feast?”  Amare laughed.  “We don’t have to go that far!”   And our fathers kissed.

I was even bigger the next morning—taller; but my “little brother” was as tall as I was.  I was alarmed.  After morning water, I told my dad I wanted to talk with him.

“I know you don’t want me to grow up too fast, but—“

“Abari is as tall as you,” he said, and he slightly hung his head, as if surrendering to the inevitable.  “And it’s hard for you to see him getting as tall—and soon to be taller than you.  I know, I know.”

I couldn’t resist hugging him.  We were, of course, down at the beach, but we hadn’t even gotten to the shore.  “You can still cuddle me in bed—for as long as you like!”

My dad turned to me and smiled. “Son, when you drink my cum, you’re going to have a growth spurt.  You may soon be as tall as Lateef, maybe as tall as Xander.  You will physically very definitely be a man.  If you come to bed and we cuddle—well, certain things might happen—things that I don’t want to happen.”

“You mean your cock will get hard and you’ll want to fuck me?”

My dad got quiet and looked directly into my eyes: ”I will never do that.  And if I want to do that—then, that’s the night when I’ll leave the bed and sleep somewhere else.”

“No,” I said, “I’ll leave the bed and sleep somewhere else.”

“So you see, we won’t be able to sleep together any more.  I can still hug and kiss you as my son, but a beautiful part of our lives will be over.  I will miss it.”

“And so will I,” and I hugged him again.

“We’re in an awkward time,” he said. “Your little brother is bigger but he’s still not yet a man—he won’t be killing a snake for a few days.  It wouldn’t be right to build you a house and ask Amare to give up cuddling Abari.  My love may not be as vocal about how much he loves cuddling his youngest, but I know he does.  So, we’ll have to figure something out.”

“And I wouldn’t like living in a new house by myself,” I said, stating the obvious.

“We’ll just have to ask Xander and Zuberi to find us a new bed-bag.  They can go down to the ship and see if there’re any available.  You can sleep on it until Amare and I—and probably Garin—build you a new house.  And we can look for a place for your house and have it in mind before Abari becomes a man.”

“Well, I’m glad to see you’re planning.  I had no idea what to do.  But—“ and I paused.  “We still haven’t talked about me sucking your cock.”

“Oh, that—“ my dad smiled.  “I keep forgetting that you youngsters think about it a lot more than Amare or I ever do!  Come here—“ and he put his big arm around my shoulders and we kept walking along the shore.

“You have a choice: you can watch me make my cock hard until I’m ready to shoot—or you can lick my cock and make me cum.  Either way, you’ll get the cum—and then you’l fall asleep, and I’ll have to carry you back to the house.”

“So we don’t do this in the house?”

“No; it’s a special time; it needs a special place.  Amare and I take our boys up to his lookout.  That’s a place where you can look around and out to sea, and it’s a place where Amare and I can draw extra strength from the fact that our sons have become bigger men there.”

“That sounds good!”

“By the way: did any of the Egyptian soldiers make you suck his cock?”

“Yes; I hated it.  They smacked me if my teeth touched their cocks.”  I paused.  “Now I’m wondering if I’d like to try it again—but with someone I love.”

“My very smart boy!”  And I got another hug.  “I love sucking Amare’s cock.  And, from what I’ve gathered, Garin loves sucking Lateef’s big cock.  And Xander and Zuberi suck each other’s cocks almost every night.  So, it’s something that you’ll need to learn anyway, and I’m glad you see that you need to get over your bad experience of it!”

We had reached the end of the wide beach; we turned back toward the house.  And we saw Lateef and Garin going inside—then Lateef peaking out and waving to us.

My dad said, “I guess we have to get back.  Race you back?”

“You’re on!”

We raced.  I loved the fact that I almost beat my dad—but I couldn’t beat him; I held back.  And I suspect he knew.  We hugged and walked up to the house.

Before we even went into the house, my dad called for Lateef, whispered something to him and Lateef left, running toward his house—and, I suspected, on to the smithy to see Xander and Zuberi.  I guessed this was about a new bed bag for me.  My dad’s plan was already in motion.

“Where did you send Lateef?”  Garin wanted to know.

“I sent him to see Xander and Zuberi, to ask them to find us another bed bag—for Jabar.”

Amare came over to his lover, hugged him and they kissed—long and passionately.  When they broke, Amare said, “You are doing the right thing, my love!  I knew you would!”  My dad kissed his lover on the cheek.  “I couldn’t have done it without knowing you were with me.”

Amare turned to me: “And I know it’s not easy for you to give up cuddling with your dad.  But once you grow, I think you’ll realize this is for the best.”   I tried to hug Amare—but my arms could only reach around him so far.

“And,” my dad said,  “I think Abari will be safe with Garin and Jabar.  I assume Lateef will bring us word that a bed bag can be obtained at the ship; we’ll walk there and pick one up.”

Abari was anxious to go see Babu.  “Let’s go!” He said as he grabbed hold of both Garin’s hand and mine.  It was a little silly, since Abari was almost as tall as I was.  But we weren’t going to see strangers.

We walked up the hill, under the Lookout Tree and into the field of grass, following part of the oval path that Lateef liked to run.  I half expected Abari to start “We saw that before!” as he did about a week ago.  But my little brother was growing up.  And he even let go of Garin’s and my hands.  We were just three guys—one of whom was pretty big—walking through the grass.

“Hello!” Garin said as we got to Aki and Babu’s house.

Aki came out and said, “Hello, young men!  Welcome to our house. Come in and have some water with us!”  I noticed that Aki’s muscles were getting bigger.  He didn’t seem to be growing as quickly as Abari and me, but I guessed that was because he was older and the water didn’t work as quickly on him.

I was slowly getting used to sitting on the floor of a stranger’s house and drinking water.  It always made me think of my fathers and I always had a moment of regret, that I wasn’t sitting on the floor with them, but I had to grow up.  Of course, Abari had to ask the first question:

“Babu, are you carving any new animals?”

“Yes I am.  I have a crane and I‘m trying to carve a monkey—but I don’t think that one’s very good.”  He brought over the two new carvings.  The crane was wonderful—its wings spread wide as if it was in mid-flight.  But the monkey looked like some evil creature from a nightmare.  “I don’t think I like that one,” Abari said and he gave it back to Babu.  

“Well, not every day is beautiful,” he said and put the bad monkey behind him.

Garin asked about the same thing I wanted to know: “Have you started the shark carving for our fathers?”

Just then, Lateef came into the house: “That’s what I want to know too!”  He turned to Aki and said, “I heard my brother’s loud voice, so I figured they were already here.  I hope you don’t mind my barging in.”

“Not at all,” Aki said. “Babu, show them what you’ve got.”

Babu went further back in the room and brought out a large piece of wood.  It wasn’t carved much; you could only see the barest outline of the shark’s head at one end—and no sign of the shark’s tail yet.

As if he knew what I was thinking, Babu said, “I got the wood in the jungle.  After we killed the snakes, there was this log on the jungle floor.  Aki and Garin helped me carve a chunk of wood out of it.”

“Aki and Babu did most of the carving,” Garin said.  “I just lifted up the log and slammed it down so the rotten wood fell off.”

“Of course you did, my bull!”  And Lateef wrapped his long arm around Garin’s shoulders.

Aki wanted to know: “Is this still a secret or are your fathers as clever as I think they are?”

Lateef said, “No; it’s no longer a secret.  They’re pretty smart.  Abari let slip the fact that Babu was carving something, and they figured out the rest!  It was pretty funny, the way they figured it out, so no harm done.”  He rubbed Abari’s hair; Abari had been a little embarrassed, but he got over it quickly. 

Lateef continued: “Can you carve a little peg in the back of the shark so that we can hang it up on the wall?”

“Of course.  About mid-way on the back of the shark, so that it hangs this way?”  Babu held up the shark so that its tail and mouth would be balanced.

“That would be great!” Lateef said.  Then he turned to Garin and said, “We need to find a way to hang it up—rope? heavy string?”

Garin said, “Maybe we should ask Xander and Zuberi.”  “Of course,” said Lateef, “Let’s make this a family affair!”  Then he turned to Babu and said, “How soon will you be done with the carving?”

“Give me a week.  I want to make the shark’s mouth open, showing scary teeth.”  “Ooooh,” said Abari, “that would be scary!”

“But,” Aki said, “by then you look like you’ll be big enough to kill a shark with your bare hands!  You’re putting on a lot of muscle for—I nearly said ‘a little boy’!  You are no longer a little boy!”

Abari smiled and said “Thanks!  And I see you’ve put on some muscle too!”  I was so proud of my not-so-little brother.  If he had still been smaller, I would have kissed him.

But Abari’s hands were fidgeting; perhaps he still was my little brother in some ways.  “What is it?” I whispered to him.  He whispered back, “I want to see the lookout!”

“Of course!” said Aki, “You want to see the lookout.  Let’s go over to Menes and Shakier’s and ask them to show you the lookout.”

The lookout was a lot like Amare’s lookout: a small cliff with the sea spreading out on either side.  But there were no big boulders; neither Menes nor Shakir could throw big boulders like Amare.  Instead, there were piles of smaller stones.  I asked what they were for.

“To throw at Egyptians as they come on shore,” Menes said.  “Maybe they’ll get hit and think twice about invading.”

“Meanwhile,” Shakir added, “We have a horn over there—if we’re attacked, we sound the horn.  It can be heard at your father’s lookout; he also has a horn to sound.  But his horn can be heard at the military training field.  Some men should come running—unless they’re being attacked as well.”

I wanted to know more: “So if you’re attacked, are you going to fight until death, or is there a plan to run and hide?”

“If the Egyptians come on shore, we’ll run to your father’s lookout and make a stand there,“ Menes said.  “We should have some strong young men from the training area show up.  We did have a big invasion several years ago—Garin and Lateef may remember it; they were just kids.”

“Oh, we remember,” said Garin.  “Our fathers hid us and wouldn’t let me fight!”

“But we came out of hiding,” Lateef said, “We saw both our fathers hurling big boulders at the soldiers—most of the soldiers ran away; a couple surrendered and became island men.”

“Wow!” Abari said, his eyes wide.  “You fought off the soldiers?”

“No, my little brother,” Garin said.  “Our fathers did.  We were supposed to be hiding, but my brainy brother—“ here he gave Lateef a little punch—“figured out how to get us out of hiding but not be seen by the soldiers.”

“But I still got yelled at by my dad,” Lateef said.  “Father Amare just picked up little—yes, you were little then!—Garin, hugged him and calmed down my dad.  Later, my dad told me he was proud that I had figured out a way to get out of hiding but not into danger.”  Lateef smiled.

I turned to Aki and said, “You know, the raid that brought us here—“ I gestured to Abari, Aki and Babu—“might have been only a first step.  Do you know of any plans for a bigger invasion?”

“Yes, I do.  Babu and I both overheard some of the higher-ups talking about how they were trying to figure out the defenses on the island.  We’ve already given this information to some of the guys in the defense force.”

I turned to Lateef.  “I want to join the defense force.  I don’t ever want to be a slave again.  Will you join with me?”

“Yes, I will,” Lateef thought about it for a moment.  “How about becoming archers?”  “Sounds good to me!” I said.  “Now, wait a minute!” Garin said.  “Number one, you aren’t doing a damn thing until you talk with our fathers.  Number two, you aren’t doing a damn thing without taking me along!”  And here he smiled. 

“And as soon as I get bigger, I want to join too!”  I don’t think Abari figured out that he was talking about becoming a soldier—not an Egyptian soldier, but a soldier on the island

I turned to Aki, “Have you told our fathers about the Egyptian plans?”

Yes,” said Aki. “we talked about it at the snake feast.”

“So my dad knows,” I said, half to myself.  That would explain some of his reluctance to have me grow bigger.  He knows me so well; he probably knows that I would want to join the defense force.  No wonder he’s been wanting to keep me little!

Lateef ended our conversation: “Thanks for the tour and the information.  I think we need to go and have a conversation with our fathers.”

Aki nodded, “I understand.”  We gave hugs to everyone and started our way back.

On the way back, Lateef confirmed what I had been thinking: “No wonder our dad has been hanging on to you!  He doesn’t want you to get big and fight the Egyptians when they come.”

Abari said, “I want to get big too!  Jabar—can you stay little so I can get big?”

“No, my brother,” I said.  “It doesn’t work that way.  Once you become a man, you can get bigger.  You are getting bigger on your own, but you’re not a man yet.  You have to kill a snake first—and I don’t think your dad will let you do that just yet.”  Abari pouted a little; then he got quiet.

Lateef said, “I think all of us need to sit down and talk with our fathers.”  Garin nodded.

When we got home,  there was a new bed bag in the far corner of the big room.  But it was pretty clear that Amare and my dad were expecting something.  They were already on the floor with a water jug and cups ready for all of us.

Lateef, of course, saw this immediately: “You knew what Aki and Babu would tell us, didn’t you!”  He sounded frustrated.

“Sit down, my son,” said our dad.  “We need to talk.”

“We certainly do!” said Garin. “The Egyptians are coming and we need to join the defense force!”

I made sure I was sitting next to my dad.  I took one of his big hands into both of mine.  I wanted to sound calm and grown up, but I heard a quaver in my voice, “Dad, I know you want to protect me.  And I love you for it.  But if the Egyptians are going to invade, I have to fight.”

My dad looked at me—and there were no tears in is eyes.  I imagined that he and Amare had rehearsed this.  ”I know, my son.  And what you say is what any man would say.  I have been too fond of you as a boy.  But you are a man—and I am proud of you wanting to join the defense force.”  Here he took a breath, looked at Amare, and said, “You have my blessing.”  And he gave me a big hug.  And there were no tears.

Well, at least not from him.  I was quietly crying—and so was Lateef.  “I will join too, dad,” he said.  And our dad said, “I figured as much—I imagined that the two of you can’t be kept apart.”  And here he gave a little chuckle.  “And that’s why when we went to the smithy—“

Xander and Zuberi walked into the house.  Zuberi said, “I hear we are to have a few more men for the defense force!”

Xander added, “So, what do you guys want to do?”  These guys didn’t mess around.

Lateef spoke up: “We want to become archers,” as he pointed to himself and me.

Back to Zuberi—these two guys were like two halves of one brain: “That’s fine.  We’re making more arrows at the smithy.  Since Aki and Babu told us about the Egyptian plans, all of us at the smithy have turned to making weapons.  You should see your brother—well, you can see for yourself.”  Here he pulled up Xander’s arm: “The man has grown more muscle—if that’s possible.”  I heard Garin say a quiet “Whoa!”  

Xander turned to Garin:  “And what interests you?  You’re already a pretty good wrestler.  Spears?  Swords?”

“Swords.  I’d like to stab a few Egyptians.”

“Sounds good!  Actually, I think I have something special for you—a battle axe.  Does that sound interesting?”

“It sounds perfect for my bull!”  Lateef said.  Garin was smiling.  

“Now, it’s getting late,” Xander said.  “We’ll have some water but then we’ll leave. We—or at least I—need our rest.  We’ll meet you guys on the beach tomorrow morning after morning water.  OK?”

“We’ll be there!” Lateef said.

I looked longingly at my dad.  He whispered: “Tonight at the lookout.”