CHAPTER SIXTY-SEVEN

Despite the potential for weirdness at work, given their Friday night activities, Monday was just like any other, the three reviewing their individual work and comparing notes.

Brad had not shared his feelings and thoughts regarding his identity crisis with Jake, needing time to process himself first.

As a result of the review, HE decided they would need to run a final test on the most recent samples, as a final check before HE was prepared to inject himself. The test’s duration was about 48 hours, or thereabouts, and required babysitting every hour.

HE discussed it with Jake and Amber, suggesting that they sleep at HIS house, there being ample room, and all of them being available in the event that the hourly checks revealed an issue that required all hands on deck to fix.

Neither of them had any issue with HIS suggestion, the need for odd hours and finicky tests from time to time came with the territory.

They would work in three eight-hour shifts, Jake gallantly volunteered himself for the graveyard shift, suggesting that Amber take day shift, and HE take afternoons.

They spent the rest of the day working on setup for the test. At the end of a long, tiring day, they headed off to rest up (Jake after fitting in a session at the gym), the test planned to start the next day.

The first 24 hours of the test went smoothly and uneventfully. Amber arrived on time, Jake slept in so he would be able to stay awake for the graveyard shift, arriving after lunch on the first day.

HE started his second afternoon shift, checking and double-checking the current status of the test. Truth be told, babysitting the test was quite tedious - with long periods of boredom, punctuated by short bursts of activity. This gave HIM plenty of time to continue his ruminations.

HE finally got the confirmation HE was looking for at about 10pm, an hour before shift change. Jake and Amber were both fast asleep — HIS first instinct was to wake them both, telling them about HIS eureka moment.

But, then, HE had second thoughts.

HE finally realised why Amber’s offhand comment had so stuck with HIM - because she was right. And HE was right. The theory and calculation applied to human DNA - not animal DNA; animal immunity was different from human immunity, different enough that the animal trials were failing.

HE knew HE was right. HE knew it was safe. HE KNEW it would work!

Hurriedly, HE made notes into an encrypted file, documenting HIS thoughts and findings - HE was a scientist at the end of the day - but not accessible to the others.

HE was ready. HE would inject himself with the latest sample, deeming it safe.

Preparing the syringe, HE injected the correct dose and disposed of the evidence. The others mustn’t know, yet.

HE’d injected himself at about 10pm on the second day of the test.

What HE didn’t realise at the time, HE had already been injected the previous day. As had Amber, as had Jake. Two of them had been injected in their sleep, without their knowledge, or consent.

One of them had taken it upon themselves to conduct a human trial by injecting the three of them with samples of the vaccine. Clearly, an immoral, unethical, illegal and dangerous turn of events.

However, in an effort to surreptitiously hide what they were doing, they never realised their error. They had actually injected themselves and the other two with the prior version of the vaccine, and not the current version that was under test.

• Like 8

CHAPTER SIXTY-EIGHT

Jake’s alarm went off at 10:15pm, his evening wood begging for attention. But he needed to get ready for work, and finish what should be the final shift of the test.

Pulling back the covers, he adjusted his erection in his boxer briefs, heading to the bathroom. He struggled to aim his stream into the toilet, his cock refusing to deflate.

He stepped on the scales, and cursed when the reading showed precisely the same weight - his plateau continued. He pulled on a tee and sweatpants, heading to the kitchen to find something to eat.

As he passed by the lab downstairs, he stuck his head in and asked after the current status.

“Evening. How are the samples? Are they reacting as YOU’d expected?”

HE was startled. “Hmm. What? Oh, the samples. Yes, yes. Reacting.”

“That’s… good, I guess.” That was odd, he thought. “I’m just grabbing something to eat, having a quick shower and I’ll be back down.” No response.

He cooked up some scrambled eggs, ensuring his protein intake was kept high, and added a protein shake chaser for good measure.

Heading upstairs to shower, he stripped and examined himself in the mirror. He hadn’t shaved for nearly a week, now, his stubble thickening and lengthening. He must’ve been bitten by a mosquito, or maybe a spider, his deltoid red and swollen, with a central red mark where the bite had occurred.

He brought his arms out in front, and crunched down into a most muscular pose, his entire upper body bursting with striated, vascular muscle. The sight and feel aroused him, his erection swelling further, pulling the waistband of his boxer briefs down and out, his tenting protuberance growing even larger.

He released the pose and then doubled-down, crunching down even harder, flexing every muscle in his body. His cock bouncing with the flex, his entire body pump an orgasmic feeling, his body tingling with power and arousal. As he continued flexing, he held his breath and bared down, veins exploding across his body, individual muscles standing in stark relief, fed by hose-sized and feathery veins. His cock followed the rest of his body, flexing and expanding, exploding with veins, begging for release.

He turned on the shower, and stepped under the hot water, the feel of the water spray on his muscles relaxing and soothing. Finally, he grabbed his cock, a shiver spreading through his body as he began pumping.

As he continued stimulating his cock, his arousal peaked, and he ejaculated, without orgasming.

What the fuck was that? He thought. He had never ejaculated without orgasming before. He’d orgasmed many times without ejaculating, but NEVER the opposite. His dick began deflating with his concern, but he did not have time for another round now anyway. He quickly lathered up and rinsed, concluding the shower.

Jake headed downstairs to the lab, ready to start his shift and take over the test from HIM and conclude the final phase of the test.

“Where is it at?”

“Hmm, oh, um, the test was a failure, unfortunately. I don’t believe that the current version is safe for injecting.”

“I’m sorry. That’s unfortunate.” He wouldn’t go quite so far as to say that he expected the failure, but he wasn’t surprised by it. “I guess the silver lining is that you decided to run the extended test before injecting.”

“Silver lining. Yes. Silver.”

Something is not right with HIM, Jake thought. HE is distracted, or something. Maybe Amber had said something to HIM earlier?

“Which phase caused the failure?”

“I haven’t concluded that analysis yet, we’ll need to debrief in the morning and crunch the data over the next few days.”

That didn’t answer Jake’s question.

“You may as well go home, get a bit of sleep as soon as you can and we’ll regroup in the morning.”

“Are YOU sure, I’ve just woken up, I can start the data analysis and the report of what went wrong, if we can work it out maybe we can retool for another test later this week–”

“I’ve already set the backup running to save the raw data, we’ll need to wait for that to finish before beginning our analysis.”

HE had an answer for everything, it seems. Jake felt uneasy. This was partly due to his odd behaviour, but it was also as he was feeling increasingly unwell. He just didn’t realise it yet.

• Like 7

12 hours ago, mmvmgo2011 said:

What he didn’t realise at the time, he had already been injected the previous day. As had Amber, as had Jake. Two of them had been injected in their sleep, without their knowledge, or consent.

One of them had taken it upon themselves to conduct a human trial by injecting the three of them with samples of the vaccine. Clearly, an immoral, unethical, illegal and dangerous turn of events.

However, in an effort to surreptitiously hide what they were doing, they never realised their error. They had actually injected themselves and the other two with the prior version of the vaccine, and not the current version that was under test

Oh !!!

Comedy Reaction GIF by CBS

Not only one of them were in hurry to test the vaccine but failed to inject the correct formula.

OMG. 

Will both formulas combine on each body or whatever the vaccine does will mutate on their bodies cause of teh different agents present in teh formulas.

My gog. I need to know what's next.

And who did it and why???

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Ro20316 said:

Oh !!!

Comedy Reaction GIF by CBS

Not only one of them were in hurry to test the vaccine but failed to inject the correct formula.

OMG. 

Will both formulas combine on each body or whatever the vaccine does will mutate on their bodies cause of teh different agents present in teh formulas.

My gog. I need to know what's next.

And who did it and why???

Haha... there has to be a twist, right, all the best stories have a twist. ;)

So far, only our main man has had two injections... we'll have to see what that means, and how it all plays out.

CHAPTER SIXTY-NINE

Amber woke feeling unwell. She had a fever, chills and a splitting headache. Her shoulder was sore, red and swollen, with a red mark - almost like some sort of insect bite. She didn’t think that was the cause of her malaise - there were no venomous insects or arachnids endemic to the area, though she was having a reaction to the bite, so that could explain her symptoms.

She stumbled out of bed, heading for the lab. It was empty. Was the test over? Was HE still sleeping? What time was it? Had she slept through the entire test?

She found a clock. 7:25am. The test should just have just about been wrapping up. Did Jake not arrived for his shift? Surely if Jake didn’t show, HE would’ve kept up the test and not abandoned it, maybe waking her part way so she could take over?

She felt a brain fog, which she thought was just her slow to wake up. Coupled with her general malaise and fever, she was tempted to go back to bed. But she needed to find out what was going on.

She headed upstairs and looked for HIS bedroom. HE was not there. In fact, the house appeared empty. Maybe they were out celebrating the end of the test? At 8am?

She called Jake. “You’ve reached Jake’s voicemail. You know what to do.”

“Jake, it’s Amber. I’ve just woken up and the house is empty - lab is dark. I’m just wondering what’s going on. Call me.”

She dialled HIS phone. She heard a faint ring.

She followed the sound, it gradually getting louder.

She found HIM, collapsed, HIS skin clammy, pulse thready, breathing shallow. That was not good. She called for an ambulance.

Her phone rang, it was Jake. “Jake. Are you okay?”

“Sort of, I’ve got a fever and chills, splitting headache with this weird brain fog.”

“Me too.”

She explained how she’d found HIM collapsed, and HE was now on his way to hospital by ambulance.

“Ambulance? Is HE going to be okay?”

“We don’t know yet. It’s lucky I found HIM when I did - HE was barely breathing and HIS pulse was thready.”

“I’m on my way. Do they think a heart attack? HE’s pretty young, though it’s not unheard of. I spoke to HIM last night around eleven. HE was acting strange. Distracted, distant, maybe HE was already sick. I had a weird feeling I shouldn’t have left.”

“They don’t know yet. They’ve put HIM on oxygen and are monitoring HIM, but it’s lights and sirens, so they’re obviously treating it seriously. Why did you leave?” She asked, confused.

“HE said the test had failed, and there was basically no point in me staying.”

“It failed? Damn. HE seemed so sure, and all my analysis couldn’t find any fault with HIS calculations and theory.”

“Same. I was pretty hopeful this time. I guess we do what we’ve always done. Analyse the data, work out where the failure occurred, regroup and move on.”

“I’ll see you at the hospital.”

By the time Jake arrived, HE’d already been admitted. Doctors were undertaking tests. It was not a heart attack, according to the ECG, though they’d ordered a troponin blood test to double check, troponin levels elevating after a heart attack, along with a panoply of other tests – liver function, urea and electrolytes, blood glucose, full blood counts, hormone levels, toxicology - while waiting for radiology to CT HIS head and check for stroke.

Though Jake and Amber both felt unwell themselves, they only felt mildly unwell, and never thought to advise the doctors that they both had similar symptoms, and they were both working in the same lab with HIM in the last few days. Their brain fog affected their cognitive functions.

If they had, doctors may have investigated further, locating the injection sites on all three of them, if not explaining things, then certainly identifying the likely cause.

• Like 7

CHAPTER SEVENTY

The next day, HE remained in a coma. Doctors remained baffled, they could find nothing wrong with HIM, HIS heart and breathing recovering of their own accord overnight, yet HE remained comatose.

Jake and Amber’s unwell feeling had mainly passed, and the ‘bites’ were also almost fully healed, the redness and swelling subsided, only a small red mark remained to remind them that anything had happened at all. Though due to their brain fog, they’d both forgotten about the ‘bites.'

They were much more easily distracted by the smallest of things. Was this what ADHD felt like? The fog was difficult to explain, it was as though they could constantly hear noise in their heads, wherever they went, whatever they were doing. It was not like tinnitus, the noise did not come from their ears, and it was not a ringing, or rushing, or random sound. It was almost like a low chatter of voices, barely audible, just below full awareness, outside their conscious understanding. The effect was extremely disorienting and distracting, and if it went on much longer, it would drive them mad.

They’d both spent the night in hospital, hoping HE would wake up. The doctors advised them to go home, freshen up, there was no change to HIS status, and they did not believe that would change any time soon, though they had no explanation.

Jake suggested they blow off work - they were both useless in their current state anyway. Jake wanted to go to the gym, hoping that a good workout might blow away the cobwebs in his head. Amber decided she’d tag along. She, too, wanted to get in a workout and try and clear her head. Ordinarily, she also would've wanted the eye candy of watching Jake workout, but this did not occur to her.

They swung by Amber’s so she could grab her gym bag and workout gear, and then headed to Jake’s where they would shower, change, have a bite to eat and then head to the gym.

They were both tired, having ‘slept’ at the hospital; as well as you can sleep sitting upright in a chair, with machines beeping constantly and medical staff wandering in and out all night. In other words, they hadn’t really slept at all, and they attributed their brain fog to lack of proper sleep.

As they walked in Jake’s door, they headed straight upstairs to shower.

“You can have the en suite shower - it’s the nicest one in the house, the biggest, with multi-jets and streams. I’ll shower in the main bathroom.”

“I’ve got a better idea. Why don’t we save water and shower together?” She said it matter of factly, businesslike, not a hint of sexual energy or flirtation. She really did mean to shower together, TO SAVE WATER.

His brain must be addled, for him not to suggest such a thing. And he, too, did not consider the sexual possibilities or become aroused in the slightest - it was just two people showering together to save time and water.

“Okay.”

So, they… showered. Just showered. No sparks, no romance, no hot shower sex. Neither even really looked at the other. They looked, but they didn’t LOOK. Jake did not get hard; Amber did not get aroused. They just stood in the cascades and jets of water, lathered themselves up (they didn’t even lather each other up), rinsed and stepped out to dry off. They… showered.

Drying off, they both changed into their respective workout gear, neither really noticing how hot the other looked. She did not notice his bulge, even completely flaccid, it extended below his shorts and protruded obscenely, enhanced by his tight, white shorts, the white colour creating an optical illusion with the interplay of shadows in the folds of fabric and around his bulge, making it seem even larger than it really was. Orgasmic, just to look at.

Neither did she notice the vascularity erupting over his entire body, the hot water bringing out veins across his body, existing visible veins engorging and new tributary veins appearing, branching and snaking from his massive pipeline network of existing veins.

He did not notice her gorgeous tits, compressed by her tube top, sitting up and out, or her hourglass figure, enhanced by the lycra short shorts, and bare midriff.

They were, both, completely sexless. Not a hint of arousal or flirtation or teasing. Now fully dressed, they headed downstairs and ate one of Nonna’s lighter breakfasts, enough to fuel the workout, not enough to impede their exercise, and headed to the gym. Neither one had the mental acuity to wonder what was happening to them, why only days earlier they could barely keep their hands off each other, sparks and electric sexual tension filling the air around them whenever they were close yet, today, nothing.

• Like 5

CHAPTER SEVENTY-ONE

Jake set himself under the bar. Amber sitting on an adjacent bench, watching.

He brought his shoulders down and back, forming a stable base from which to power up the bar from his chest, ensuring his feet were also firmly flat on the ground, adding to the stability.

The bar was loaded with a warm up weight. Warm up for Jake, close to a 1-rep max for most others. He grabbed the bar, and tried to enter the zone, steeling himself mentally. But the zone would not come. That damned noise in his head! He shook his head and tried again, but no matter what he did, he could not clear his head and get into the mental space he normally would to maximise his performance.

Pressing on, he lifted the bar from the rack. At least, he tried to. He could not lift the bar. Not only could he not lift it, the bar would not budge. He grunted and strained, which normally would’ve made Amber wet with desire, but it was to no avail (for the bar, or Amber’s arousal). He just could not lift it.

He thought to himself, I must be more tired than I thought. Rising off the bench, he took off substantial weight - about a quarter of the loaded weight - and tried again. This time, he barely un-racked the bar. He could not explain it. It was not that his muscles were struggling - they easily lifted at least fifty percent more than this weight, with his 1-rep max significantly more - but he just could not produce the power necessary to lift it. Almost as though his muscles weren’t receiving the signals from his brain to lift.

He lowered the bar to his chest. An ugly, unsteady rep. He pushed, with all his might. All his might was currently a tiny fraction of what his muscles were capable of. The bar did not move. The weight on his chest gradually increased, as the counterbalancing force of his muscles dwindled, and gravity took over, crushing the weight into his sternum.

“Amber! A little help please!”

She raced over and tried to help him lift the bar back to the rack, but from her vantage point spotting above him, she’d have to either row the bar up, or curl it, and she did not have the strength to lift such a heavy weight without his assistance, and his assistance was continually dwindling.

Luckily, one of the other gym goers - he was not a regular, Jake had never seen him before - noticed and stepped in and together they racked the bar. Jake sat up, his face beet red - partly from exertion, and partly from stinging embarrassment.

“Thanks mate, not sure what’s wrong with me today.”

The other guy smirked, looking Jake up and down. “You know, you shouldn’t try and show off for your girlfriend. Obviously you work out, so you should know better, you only load the bar to your usual weight or less, especially without a competent spotter.”

Regular Jake would’ve put this guy in his place, but today, the stinging embarrassment, the not-quite-voices in his head, the general confusion of what was happening to him all combined so he just shrugged him off and said, “She’s not my girlfriend.”

“Whatever, dude. Stick to your limits next time.”

Dejected, Jake suggested they get out of there, maybe go back home and get some sleep, hopefully waking up feeling better.

The sound of Amber’s phone woke them from their slumber. They’d both slept in Jake’s bed, collapsing into bed after arriving home from the gym.

She didn’t recognise the number. It was the hospital. HE was awake!

They dressed and headed in to see HIM. The not-quite-voices in their head seemed louder, more insistent. They still could not make out what the non-voices were saying, or what it meant, but it was maddening.

• Like 4

CHAPTER SEVENTY-TWO

HE was sitting up in the hospital bed. HE looked tired, but otherwise well.

“How are YOU feeling?” Amber asked.

“YOU scared us for a while there,” Jake said.

“I’m… okay, I think. I feel… odd, I don’t really have the words for it.”

“YOU’ve been through a bit of an ordeal, it’s only normal to feel out of sorts,” Amber said.

“I guess. I’m tired. I feel like I’ve run a marathon. What happened?”

“We’re not sure. I found YOU passed out, barely breathing, heart beating irregularly. The doctors don’t know what’s wrong with YOU. All of their tests have come back normal, well, except your hormone panel. They said that YOUR hormone levels were all depressed with some, like testosterone and adrenaline, well below normal range. They’re waiting for YOUR medical history to compare against YOUR baseline readings, but they can’t explain it.”

HE listened intently and carefully to what she was saying, but HE could not concentrate. HIS brain seemed to be racing in different directions all at once, and HE felt a kind of brain fog, where it was difficult to focus. HE almost thought HE could hear voices, like a cacophony of chatter, but only barely noticeable at the periphery of HIS consciousness.

“Thanks for visiting guys, but I’m really, really tired and need to sleep. Sorry.”

“No, of course, we’re just glad YOU’re awake and feeling better,” said Jake. Amber nodded.

“Thank you. Did you secure the samples?”

Work was always on HIS mind, even after a near death experience.

“Yes, the samples are safe. YOU rest up and get better.”

As Jake and Amber left, the voices seemed to get louder, more insistent. HE also seemed strangely hyper-proprioceptive. HE felt like HE could almost feel each individual hair on HIS body, but when HE tried to concentrate on any one thought, it slipped away, drowned out by the incessant not-quite-voices.

The last thing HE remembered before waking up in the hospital was injecting HIMSELF with the vaccine. What had HE done?

HE reported his strange symptoms to the doctors, who ordered a functional MRI so they could see blood flow within HIS brain and try and diagnose HIM.

They lined HIM up on the movable table of the scanner, head braced so HE could not move. HE was alone in the cold room, the doctors speaking to HIM over an intercom system.

“Okay, we’re going to start the scan now. YOU’ll be brought into the machine, and YOU might hear some noises - it’s all perfectly normal.”

“Okay.” The table started sliding into the scanner.

“First, we’re going to get a baseline reading, then we’ll ask YOU to do some simple tests so we can compare the results.”

“No problem.”

The machine whirred and clunked as it rotated around HIS head. The noise was disconcerting, unnerving. The non-voices in HIS head continued their noise, adding to HIS unease.

“This can’t be right. Something’s wrong with the machine,” the technician said to the doctor. “Look at those readings. HIS whole brain’s lit up like a Christmas tree. I’ve never seen anything like it.”

Where a normal MRI scan showed some blood flow in active areas of the brain, this scan seemed to indicate HIS entire brain was active, all at once, with massive blood flow indicated. HIS whole brain appeared white on the screen - white indicating the areas with highest blood flow.

“How are YOU feeling?” The technician asked over the intercom.

“A little agitated, cold, but okay. No different.”

“There must be a problem with the sensor, maybe it needs recalibrating,” the technician said. He powered down the machine, cancelling the test, and cancelling all other scans for the day, calling in maintenance.

An orderly took HIM back to HIS room. The non-voices seemed to be getting louder, more insistent, and HE thought HE might be getting bed sores, HIS skin felt uncomfortable where it lay on the bed. HE tried to sleep, a fitful, restless sleep filled with incomprehensible voices and hyper-proprioception.

• Like 6

CHAPTER SEVENTY-THREE

“Good morning doctor.”

“Good morning, how are you feeling?”

“About the same,” HE lied. The voices that were not voices were more insistent, a little louder, and HIS odd hyper-proprioception had not diminished at all, making HIM uncomfortable, feeling every pinch of skin, every pressure point, every hair tickling. Maddening did not being to describe it.

“We’ve received YOUR history. YOUR current hormone levels are WELL down on YOUR usual baseline, particularly YOUR testosterone and other related hormones, like Luteinising hormone, or LH. The full effects on the body are complicated but, essentially, LH stimulates YOUR testes to produce testosterone. No LH, no testosterone production, no testosterone and, in a young, healthy male like YOU, that would have all sorts of nasty, adverse effects, from lack of libido, lowered strength, and reduction or even reversal of secondary male sex characteristics - beard and body hair growth, deeper voice, increased muscle mass - but, also, and I think critically in YOUR case, it can have a profound effect on the brain, including the ability to concentrate, mood, and so on.”

What the doctor was telling HIM seemed to trigger some vague memories from HIS earlier studies, but HE could not quite concentrate and recall them.

“This can all occur with even a mild drop in testosterone levels. The baseline varies from person to person - males generally have much higher levels than females - but if the circulating levels fall more than a few percent from baseline, the effects become noticeable. In YOUR case, the drop is profound. YOUR levels barely registered on the test, some infants test higher.”

“So, what’s causing the drop in hormones?”

“Frankly, we don’t know. What I’d like to do is immediately start YOU on three regimes of injectable testosterone. A fast acting, fast metabolising version, to get YOUR levels back up quickly, backed by slower releasing versions, which take longer to build up in YOUR system, but will maintain higher levels over a longer period of time.”

“Okay.”

“There can be some side effects, mood swings, acne, increased libido and aggressiveness, increased weight gain - but I think, in YOUR case, these should not manifest as we’ll aim to get YOU back to YOUR normal baseline, so the negative effects should be minimal.”

“Okay, when do we start.”

“Right now, if YOU like. YOU’ll need daily injections for the first week, and then we’ll retest your levels and titrate the dosage from there. All are usually injected into a muscle, usually the glutes or quads.”

“Yes, please, let’s begin.”

“The first injection is a fast acting formulation, with a half-life of about 20 hours. Turn around please.” Though HE felt no pain, HE could feel the needle enter HIS left cheek as the doctor administered the dose, HE could feel the slow insertion of the oily fluid into HIS muscle, the fluid displacing muscle fibres. It was a strange sensation, being so aware of what was happening, yet not feeling pain.

“The second injection has a longer half-life, about a 7 to 8 days, and the third has a half life of about a month.” Again, HE felt no pain as the doctor expertly administered the doses, but HE could feel what was happening in exquisite detail, HE felt it so clearly, HE could tell how many tenths of a millilitre of fluid had already been injected. “We can teach YOU how to self-administer, so depending on how YOU feel, YOU might be able to go home in a day or two as YOUR levels increase.”

“That would be great.” Nobody liked hospitals.

“As we’re still not sure what’s causing the drop in hormones, it may be that YOU’ll need a lifetime of monthly injections to keep YOUR levels normalised. But it’s early days yet, we’ll see how YOU go. I’ll come back and see YOU later tonight - YOU should have started feeling the effects by then, hopefully we’ll have YOU feeling better and on YOUR way home in no time.”

HE liked the sound of that.

• Like 5