Wrong Target (part 10 added 10/11/22)

lolpoooper

On 11/11/2022 at 9:30 PM, dredlifter said:

Thanks for such a fun and unique story!   It's so rare to have a muscle story with 'mini giants' in this size range.

I absolutely LOVED some of those comparisons. 

• The son standing on the top step of a ladder and still only being level with Dad's delts.
  • The son looking directly at his dad's face, and his dad's head is 3 times as big as his. 
  • The son noticing that his giant dad's shoulders are wider than he is tall.  This gives me images of the dad laying his son's body perpendicularly across the top of his chest, and indeed the son's body fits along the top of his torso.  HOT
  • The son having to reach around and measure his dad's calf, which is bigger than most men's chests. 

Great stuff.  My only slight criticism is I would've like to see more reaction from the dad.  At the end of the story it became clear Dad sees himself as more than human.  I would liked to have him be a bit more expressive and/or vocal when he was being measured and his amazing stats were revealed.  Even hearing his thoughts as he looked down at his son standing on a ladder...and he was still way taller.  Things like that.

But otherwise, a great story!  I would've loved to have it continued, but 10 good chapters and the Dad reaching his amazing milestone measurements is a great place to break.

Hope you'll write other stories in the future!

I completely agree with you about the giants (or mini giants) in this size range. They are big enough to engender awe from regular sized people yet not so big that they don't still relate to the real world. I also loved the comparisons. I thought the same as you about picturing Kyle lying across his dad's shoulder. Something tells me that Kyle was thinking it too! At least he was in my imagination. The scenes of the measuring were really hot, especially only being on at his dad's pec level when Kyle was at the very tip-top of the ladder. I was expecting David to grab him and pick Kyle up so that he  could mark David's height, but that would have required David to have been paying attention to Kyle as he measured and not just expected it to be done. You mentioned Kyle measuring his dad's calf which is bigger than most men's chests, but I also got a real kick out of Kyle realizing that he was measuring his dad's calf at the same HEIGHT that he would measure a regular man's chest! That one really put into perspective for me just how giant David would seem to any normal man.

You make a good point about David's lack of reaction. I kind of thought that too, but then I just chalked it up to his being so aloof. I had thought he might react either positively to finally reaching his desired measurement goals, or like a good bodybuilder, saying that he still wasn't big enough and wanted to be bigger. "Finally 50 inches. But that's not big enough! I gotta shoot for 60 next." 

13 hours ago, jwood said:

If anyone ever decides to write a sequel or explore more of this universe, hopefully there will be cases of "long" HIMS, where the guy is about 9' tall, 1000 lbs, and 12" long after the initial infection, but over the course of an indeterminate amount of time, he has sudden "flare-ups" that cause him to gain a few inches in height, a couple hundred pounds of muscle, and/or a couple inches in length.  Someone challenging David as the biggest god would be an interesting twist 😈

I LOVE this idea! It would add great opportunities for additional  growth for all of the HIMS characters, which would keep the stories unpredictable. You would never know who was going to grow when or by how much, as that could also vary. Also, it plays on the idea of long COVID, which is a real phenomenon. Not everybody gets it. It doesn't necessarily hit the people who had the most severe initial cases, and the symptoms vary widely from one person to the next. All of those could fit into the scenario you describe.

@lolpoooper, thank you so much for a great story (so far, I hope). Besides the awesome size comparisons that I mentioned in my response to @dredlifter's comment above, I really loved everything about this chapter. I like how you have David saying he has additional plans made to continue his growth. Of course that also makes me wish you would continue so that we find out what they are, but it leaves it open to our imaginations as well. You also did a rather charitable thing by leaving the ending open so that everyone can have the ending they want, at least for now. David finally showed some fatherly concern and love for his son by offering to help him catch the HIMS virus, and by leaving Kyle's choice unknown, it lets both the readers who want Kyle to grow and the readers who want Kyle to stay small imagine the choice they want.

I really hope you decide to come back to this universe one day, even if you look at different characters. If you feel like you've gone as far as you can or want to go with these, you can always write about different characters (maybe party guests) in the same universe. If not this story or related, I hope you write something, anything again soon. You are a super gifted writer, and it has been a pleasure reading this story. Now that it's finished, or at least at a stopping point, I can't wait to go back and read all of it from the beginning!

• Like 2

On 11/12/2022 at 3:30 AM, dredlifter said:

Thanks for such a fun and unique story!   It's so rare to have a muscle story with 'mini giants' in this size range.

I absolutely LOVED some of those comparisons. 

• The son standing on the top step of a ladder and still only being level with Dad's delts.
  • The son looking directly at his dad's face, and his dad's head is 3 times as big as his. 
  • The son noticing that his giant dad's shoulders are wider than he is tall.  This gives me images of the dad laying his son's body perpendicularly across the top of his chest, and indeed the son's body fits along the top of his torso.  HOT
  • The son having to reach around and measure his dad's calf, which is bigger than most men's chests. 

Great stuff.  My only slight criticism is I would've like to see more reaction from the dad.  At the end of the story it became clear Dad sees himself as more than human.  I would liked to have him be a bit more expressive and/or vocal when he was being measured and his amazing stats were revealed.  Even hearing his thoughts as he looked down at his son standing on a ladder...and he was still way taller.  Things like that.

But otherwise, a great story!  I would've loved to have it continued, but 10 good chapters and the Dad reaching his amazing milestone measurements is a great place to break.

Hope you'll write other stories in the future!

Thanks so much for the kind words. I get the bit about the lack of reactions, but I never quite managed to have David react more without losing the sort of gravitas and vibe superiority he has, I always felt brought him down somehow, whenever I'd try adding more.

3 hours ago, Kymuscleboy said:

@lolpoooper, thank you so much for a great story (so far, I hope). Besides the awesome size comparisons that I mentioned in my response to @dredlifter's comment above, I really loved everything about this chapter. I like how you have David saying he has additional plans made to continue his growth. Of course that also makes me wish you would continue so that we find out what they are, but it leaves it open to our imaginations as well. You also did a rather charitable thing by leaving the ending open so that everyone can have the ending they want, at least for now. David finally showed some fatherly concern and love for his son by offering to help him catch the HIMS virus, and by leaving Kyle's choice unknown, it lets both the readers who want Kyle to grow and the readers who want Kyle to stay small imagine the choice they want.

I really hope you decide to come back to this universe one day, even if you look at different characters. If you feel like you've gone as far as you can or want to go with these, you can always write about different characters (maybe party guests) in the same universe. If not this story or related, I hope you write something, anything again soon. You are a super gifted writer, and it has been a pleasure reading this story. Now that it's finished, or at least at a stopping point, I can't wait to go back and read all of it from the beginning!

And thanks so much! I might come back to the universe if not story some day for sure. I'm glad you enjoyed it. :)

• Like 3