Three Days of Archie: A Short Muscle University Story

muscleaddict

Another winner, MuscleAddict!

My favorite line [Callum]

[Archie]  “I wish you were coming with me,” I say.

[Callum] “I don’t think that’s how dates work, Arch,” he says, smiling at me.  ...

Another good Muscle Univ- verse based story with new characters!  I like the stream of [super self-]consciousness from Archie.  Given that this is a three episode arch, I understand why you had to "cut to the chase" and have Archie be right out there with his feelings!

The scenes with Billy-the-twat-Baxter rang very true, from his obvious self centerness, to his comment that he liked Archie "better with his glasses on" [nice subtle touch underlying their differences], to the surfing on Grindr for ANOTHER date while he's in bed with someone else!  Totally insecure twat.  Looking for notches on the bedpost while Archie is looking for love - in all the wrong places!

As the song says, 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Mdlftr said:

[Callum] “I don’t think that’s how dates work, Arch,” he says, smiling at me.  ...

Another good Muscle Univ- verse based story with new characters!  I like the stream of [super self-]consciousness from Archie.  Given that this is a three episode arch, I understand why you had to "cut to the chase" and have Archie be right out there with his feelings!

The scenes with Billy-the-twat-Baxter rang very true, from his obvious self centerness, to his comment that he liked Archie "better with his glasses on" [nice subtle touch underlying their differences], to the surfing on Grindr for ANOTHER date while he's in bed with someone else!  Totally insecure twat.  Looking for notches on the bedpost while Archie is looking for love - in all the wrong places!

As the song says, 

Well stated, Mdlftr, and a befitting and good Urban Cowboy song.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/25/2022 at 1:49 PM, DennisFLL said:

Sweet very realistic love story, and of course written beautifully by MuscleAddict.  Thought that it may have begged for a sequel - would love to read about where Archie goes in life and how far Callum takes his bodybuilding dreams.  

Bless you, Dennis. I'm glad you liked it so much! Who knows - I may feel inspired to write a sequel at some point. Or have Archie and a much more buff Callum (😱) pop up in a future story. 

Ozzie to Deano at Deano Snr and Terry's wedding: "Little dude! What happened to your half-brother's boyfriend? He got JACKED!"

Deano: "He's NOT my half-bro- oh shit, I can't say that anymore."

Cue Ozzie roping Callum into appearing in Bodybuilders Posing In Public 15 as Deano looks on rolling his eyes and Archie juggles his feelings of lust, pride and embarrassment and desperately tries NOT to look in the direction of his mum.

On 9/25/2022 at 2:17 PM, Ozymandias said:

So when’s the sequel where Cal is 250lbs and engaged to Archie coming out?

🤣 Never say never! 😅

• Like 3

On 9/26/2022 at 1:39 AM, dredlifter said:

Awww very cute.  I could tell there was something not quite right with Billy.  Too into himself. 

On 9/26/2022 at 8:31 PM, DennisFLL said:

Cockiness shown by a bodybuilder regarding his muscularity is sexy to me in stories.  But the hurtful way he treated Archie is not at all acceptable.

On 9/26/2022 at 10:20 PM, Hialmar said:

That sort of persons do exist in real life, I'm afraid. You can't blame @muscleaddict to be unrealistic on that point. 

I very much wanted and hoped the sex/flexing part was hot even though Billy was a bit of a dick! I don't think he even realised he'd done anything wrong to Archie. I think he's one of those people who are just completely oblivious to other people's feelings. 

• Like 1

On 9/26/2022 at 6:02 PM, crushme99 said:

What a wonderful and - TBH - unexpected conclusion.  Our hearts my be made of muscle, but muscle isn't all that rules our hearts.

Congratulations on this story, MA - and "thank you."

Glad you liked it, matie! ☺️ I could have gone down the obvious route of Archie meets a bodybuilder who's both hot and lovely and completely besotted with the geeky, average sized protagonist (hi, AJ! 😜) but I thought it would be more interesting if the hot bodybuilder turned out to be a bit of a knob and the funny best friend who was there all along was the guy Archie was supposed to be with.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, muscleaddict said:

Ozzie to Deano at Deano Snr and Terry's wedding: "Little dude! What happened to your half-brother's boyfriend? He got JACKED!"

Deano: "He's NOT my half-bro- oh shit, I can't say that anymore."

Cue Ozzie roping Callum into appearing in Bodybuilders Posing In Public 15 as Deano looks on rolling his eyes and Archie juggles his feelings of lust, pride and embarrassment and desperately tries NOT to look in the direction of his mum.

Loved this three-line 'sequel', MA!  Each character's unique and endearing personalities are shown encapsulated here.  Lots of ammunition for us reading more of them.

• Like 2

On 9/30/2022 at 1:47 PM, Mdlftr said:

Thanks for the awesome feedback as always @Mdlftr. I like to think Billy's line about Achie's glasses and Archie's immediate thought/reaction said a lot about both characters. I also like to think Archie will look back at the whole thing and just think, "Oh my God. How much of a dick was that guy?" while regularly feeling his boyfriend, Callum's, huge guns and bragging to people about how his now half-brother is a famous pro bodybuilder who's competing in the 212 class of this year's Mr Olympia. 

On 9/30/2022 at 1:47 PM, Mdlftr said:

As the song says, 

Another song from the 80's for Ozzie to sing at karaoke?! 🤪😅

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DennisFLL said:

Loved this three-line 'sequel', MA!  Each character's unique and endearing personalities are shown encapsulated here.  Lots of ammunition for us reading more of them.

Haha! Thanks, mate. Have to admit I'm now thinking about what else could happen at that wedding! Future short story perhaps?? 🤔😁

• Like 2

2 hours ago, muscleaddict said:

Thanks for the awesome feedback as always @Mdlftr. I like to think Billy's line about Achie's glasses and Archie's immediate thought/reaction said a lot about both characters. I also like to think Archie will look back at the whole thing and just think, "Oh my God. How much of a dick was that guy?" while regularly feeling his boyfriend, Callum's, huge guns and bragging to people about how his now half-brother is a famous pro bodybuilder who's competing in the 212 class of this year's Mr Olympia. 

Another song from the 80's for Ozzie to sing at karaoke?! 🤪😅

YES!  It was a huge hit in 198-something!  I remember seeing the movie and the song kept going through my head for days.  I even bought a solo copy of the song - on a 45 rpm record!  - AS IF anyone here even knows what that was----  old technology!

The 45 Rpm Resurrection and Unveiling of S.t.a.r.r. Band - Spinditty

• Like 1
  • Haha 1