Commissioned from Just Buckingham on FurAffinity

https://www.furaffinity.net/user/justbuckingham/

“Move it!” Kyle chuckled as he pushed past the group in front of him, bulldozing through the smaller students and laughing at how they bounced off to the sides. Size had its advantages, and Kyle was the recipient of many of them - at 6’2 the red dragon may not have been the tallest in the school, but he made up for it in bulk. His body was thick with muscle, and his attitude was just as aggressive as his physique. Most of the nerds had learnt by now to stay out of his way, but there were always a few that hadn’t gotten the message - often some mocking or even a wedgie or two helped to get the point across. This was his school, and he was in charge. He was currently making his way down to the science labs, partially because his next class was there, but mostly because his recent reports had been terrible and the principal had made it clear in no uncertain terms that if he missed more classes he would be kicked out. Reluctantly he’d listened, but that didn’t mean he was going to pay too much attention. 

“- ten times as intelligent as projec - “

Kyle stopped as something caught his ear. This corridor was mostly filled with empty labs, but sometimes some of the higher-achieving students asked for special permissions to use them for side projects, meaning occasionally they would be full of nerds doing their own work. Kyle figured it was nothing but the snippet he’d heard had piqued his interest, and now the idea was growing in his head. Midterm tests were coming up soon, and if he didn’t pass them he was toast. In the past he’d bullied other students for answers, but this time around he was being sat on his own, meaning there was no way out. Maybe there was something in this lab that could help.

“Well, what do we have here?” Kyle chuckled as he burst into the lab, where a couple of wolves were busy at one of the benches mixing something that smelled utterly foul. They had commandeered one of the whiteboards and covered it in incredibly complex equations, ones that Kyle couldn’t make any sense of but definitely looked impressive. “Couple of nerds not sharing their stuff huh?”

“Hey, you can’t - “ One of the wolves barely finished his sentence before Kyle turned on him. He walked forward, looming over the wolf as he backed up into the corner, not saying anything but just walking. Only when the poor wolf was cowering in the corner did he lean forward, hands in his pockets. 

“What was that?” His voice was calm, at odds with his demeanour, and the wolf was too afraid to say anything. “Yeah, thought so. Next time you wanna tell me I can’t do something, remember that you ain’t the boss of me. Other way around, little guy.” He smiled and backed off, turning to the other wolf. “Well, you gonna spill the beans or what?”

The second wolf looked scared, but somehow he kept his mouth shut. Instead he just stood there, quivering as he looked up at Kyle, hoping the dragon would be merciful. “Y-you wouldn’t understand.” 

“Oh? Well let’s make this simple then.” Kyle cracked his knuckles, the sound like gunfire. “You’ve got 1 minute to get me to understand it, and if you fail then I’m gonna hang you from the door and leave you there.” He crossed his arms, and that only served to make the second wolf panic more as he tried to look for a way out. Kyle was standing in front of the door, and he had no way of overpowering the dragon. There was no other choice. 

“It’s a drink that makes you smarter.” The wolf hung his head as he said it, knowing what was coming next. 

“See, that wasn’t hard was it?” Kyle grinned as he looked around the lab. “Well, where is it?” 

“O-over there.” The wolf gestured at the bench, where there were a couple of vials of violently purple liquid. It was so bright it seemed to glow. “That’s the only sample we have though, the protein sequences are incredibly complicated and - “

Kyle held up a clawed hand. “Don’t need the nerd shit buddy, just gimme the shit.” He crossed his arms as the wolf went across the room and picked up the test tube, delicately holding it between two fingers. 

“It’s volatile, you can’t - “ He went pale as Kyle looked down at him with one eyebrow raised. “I - I - I mean, please try not to…uh….shake it. Too much motion and it’ll explode.” Kyle’s glare was like a laser, focusing in on him and making it difficult to form words, putting him quite literally under the spotlight. 

“You’re lucky I’m in a good mood.” Kyle swiped the tube, holding it up to the light. “So what, I drink this shit and it makes me smarter?”

“More or less, but we don’t know the side effects, it hasn’t been - “ The wolf was cut off as Kyle downed the whole tube, crushing the glass when he was done and letting it drop to the floor. “...tested….” The wolf for once looked worried. It was one thing to lose an experiment, it was another entirely to kill someone with a bad batch. What scared him even more was the possibility that it wasn’t a bad batch, that it was working exactly as intended. He had no idea how much smarter it would make someone, nor what it would do to someone who had no intentions of using any kind of power for good. It was quite possible he’d just unleashed a monster onto the school. 

“See, wasn’t so hard was it? Later nerds!” With a grin and a sarcastic wave, Kyle walked out the lab. 

“The fuck is this?” Kyle slammed the poor wolf against the wall, one hand on his chest pushing him backwards, the other hand brandishing a paper with a bunch of complicated equations on it. “I told you to answer the damn questions, or did it not get through that thick skull?” He tapped the wolf on the head a couple of times for emphasis, to which he only trembled harder. 

“I - I did answer - I - “

“You got them wrong! Look, this is supposed to be to the power of 3, not 2, and this whole division over here is fucking pathetic!” He grabbed the wolf by the neck and slowly lifted him up into the air. “I’m gonna make this crystal fucking clear, so even a loser like you can understand it. You get one more chance. You mess this up again, and I’m going to pull you apart limb from fucking limb. Understood?” The wolf just nodded, too terrified to even speak. “Good, now get the fuck outta my sight.” He dropped the wolf on the floor, chuckling as he scrambled to his feet and ran out of the room. The upcoming test was not a particularly difficult one, but he saw no reason to do the work when he could get others to do it for him. He’d been doubtful about the serum when he drank it - a potion of intelligence sounded like something out of a video game after all, not something you stole from a couple of nerds with some spare chemicals. But in the few days since he’d noticed that the test questions that had once been incomprehensible were now surprisingly easy. Most he could do in his head at a single glance, and in fact he was pretty sure he didn’t even need any help with the upcoming test now. 

There was however a physical change. At first it had manifested as a simple pressure, the kind you got from a migraine where it feels like something is pushing against the inside of your forehead. Except in this case apparently that something was his brain, and rather than squash the new grey matter in the same space his body had adapted slightly. His head was just a little bit bigger than before, not enough to be freakish but definitely enough to be noticeable. When he thought particularly hard veins would rise to the surface, throbbing just under the scales before fading again. He wasn’t too fond of how it looked, but if the reward was all this intelligence then he wasn’t complaining. 

He still wasn’t going to classes, but every now and then he’d show up to a couple just for the purpose of messing about. He enjoyed how demoralised a lot of the teachers looked when they would single him out for questions and he’d answer them without even looking up from his phone, every answer perfectly correct and instantaneous. They hadn’t really figured out what was up yet, which suited him fine, but they were already taking precautions for the upcoming test. Fine with him - he had bigger plans in mind. 

As expected, the test was conducted in the closest thing the school had to an isolation box, a single desk with two invigilators watching him at all times, and to the surprise of everyone except Kyle himself he aced the test. He didn’t just ace it, he finished the whole thing within 5 minutes, threw the paper on the desk and left whilst yawning. The invigilators assumed he’d just not known anything and given up, so they were shocked to see every answer correct. Kyle meanwhile was going back to the nerds he’d stolen the original serum off, looking to obtain more of it. He grinned as he walked down to the labs - he’d hacked the school scheduling system so that he could find out where they would be, and sure enough they were working away in one of the labs. He kicked open the door, relishing the way their faces fell when they saw who it was. 

“Hey bitches, hope you haven’t been messing around these past few days. I’m gonna need some more of that serum.”

“I - we can’t.” The wolf was adamant this time, playing on emotions that he thought Kyle would possess now - empathy, kindness, perhaps even mercy. The trouble was knowledge didn’t always come with benevolent intent, and in Kyle’s case it merely enabled greater savagery. He’d always had the physical advantage but now he had the mental one, and that didn’t just mean useless science facts. Just one example would be how he looked directly at them, stood straight and leaned back a little, altered his posture for maximum intimidation. 

“Oh, you can’t? Why not?” Kyle just grinned as the wolf stammered, his speech sounding even more incoherent as Kyle grabbed the front of his jacket and picked him up off the ground. 

“We….we don’t have any more of it, you took the last.”

“Oh don’t worry about that, I can make my own. Just give me the formula and I’ll be on my way.” 

The wolf knew he was fucked upon hearing that - there was no way to trick the dragon, not any more. The one advantage he might have had was nonexistent, but still he remained defiant. He just dangled, refusing to talk. 

“Not very cooperative, are we? Well I have an idea for how to fix that.” Still carrying the poor wolf he walked over to the window, pulled it open, and hauled the wolf outside. He held him aloft out the window, grinning at the yelps of fear coming from the end of his arm.

“You’re crazy, you’ll kill me!”

“10 foot drop, grass at the bottom. You’re a wimp so you ain’t gonna stick the landing, so I’d say broken tibia or fibula. Nasty break as well, definitely not a clean fracture, you’re looking at at least a couple months of recovery. 

“No! You can’t!”

“Ah shoot, I need a pen. Gonna have to write this down for the school doc, he’s enthusiastic but not very good. Hey with a bit of luck the limp might go away eventually. I wouldn’t trust him, but that’s not my choice.”

“Alright! ALRIGHT! There’s a paper stuck to the bottom of the desk, everything is on there. Just please put me down.” There was a moment where Kyle just held him, just letting the fear build, letting the possibility of being dropped linger in the wolf’s mind, juuuust long enough for the fear to set in. Then with a lurch he was pulled back inside and dropped to the floor, Kyle leaving him there to go look under the desks. Sure enough taped to the bottom was a sheet of paper with a whole bunch of calculations written on it. To anyone else it would be incomprehensible, but to Kyle it was like gold dust. Better still, looking around he could see everything he’d need to synthesise it right here. He quickly began gathering up chemicals, locking the door to the lab to make sure nobody would come in and quickly mixing everything together. It needed to be heated to a certain point, and though the lab didn’t have a thermometer he did some quick calculations and found a small blowtorch that would let him get close enough to the right temperature, and after a few minutes of carefully heating his solution he was holding a second vial of intelligence serum. 

He wasted no time in downing this one too, staggering backwards a little as the pressure in his head increased. He couldn’t see his head expanding even more but he could feel it, like his brain was being forced outwards. But the feeling, of knowledge pouring into his mind, of an understanding that he couldn’t even fathom seconds ago. Most looked at the world and saw just things, chairs and tables and desks - he’d been one of those before, but now he saw the truth, the ratios and wave functions governing existence, the movements of particles and the Fibonacci sequences of energy pulses. It was a waterfall of information, but Kyle wasn’t interested in any of it. A look in the mirror showed his head was much larger than before, now noticeably swollen and mismatching the rest of his body. He was nothing if not proud of his appearance, and he definitely wasn’t giving up the intelligence, so a solution was in order. Considering his brain had the processing power of several supercomputers it didn’t take long to come up with one: he had to get larger. His head was just the start, he would find a way to make the rest of his body the same size, with an emphasis on muscle. Going to the gym was far too slow - no, this could be done chemically. All he needed was time and knowledge, and right now he had both. It would require some computing to crunch the possibilities, but he was confident he could get access to the mainframe. With a grin he unlocked the door and walked out the lab, his mind bubbling with ideas. 

The first theory he tried was doing things chemically. Steroids had been around for a long time after all, and that was because they worked - he was pretty sure he could come up with something far more effective based on the same technology. Muscle production was basically just a function of proteins and hormones, and he knew both processes like the back of his hand now. He brought the wolf with him, forcing him into the role of lab assistant in order to do a lot of the work for him. Partially because it was necessary, but mostly because he just enjoyed bullying the smaller student around. The fact that he was now being forced to work on a project that he barely understood just sweetened the effect, his scared looks of confusion when he was asked to calculate vectors and catalyst effects and had no idea where to start. He’d been the clever one all his life, and now he was in the presence of someone who had eclipsed him effortlessly. He couldn’t even express his rage for fear of retaliation, and Kyle exploited that to ruthlessly bully him into submission, openly flaunting in his face and daring him to do anything about it. The wolf never did, and the taunting only got worse, from mocking sniggers to slaps across the back of the head that sent him flying across the room. 

The serum he ended up with was annoyingly very similar to standard steroids, albeit one tailored to his biology and with a vastly accelerated rate of growth. He drank it with reckless abandon, supremely confident in his abilities, but was disappointed with the results. He’d calculated the rate of change relative to the serum, but the problem was any growth was inherently limited by biological processes - when working within its limits his body could only go so fast, and chemicals weren’t the way to get past that limit. He needed something stronger, something to break those limits no matter the cost, and that was where the second idea came in. 

Project Carthage was the name given to this idea, and the theory was very simple.protein synthesis was slow, but duplicating existing cells was not. Instead of creating new muscle he would increase what was already there, force the correct cells into repeated mitosis as fast as possible. Mitotic replication was hard limited by the hayflick limit - the section of a cell that couldn’t replicate itself - which meant doing this risked lowering his life span significantly. The question then became how to overcome this limit, and the answer was of course with power. Lots and lots of it, tuned to a pattern of specific wavelengths to induce telomere mutation. The wolf had a blank look on his face as Kyle talked about all of this, filling up the whiteboard with complex equations as he calculated the wavelengths. 

“Has to be parcels, we want static mutations that are as accurate as possible, bursts of one wavelength are the easiest way to do so.” He paced across the room, pushing the wolf out the way as he did so. “You, you’ve been fucking useless all day! How do you induce telomerase production in humans, hm?” 

“I - I - I don’t kno - ”

“Yeah that’s what I thought, fucking room temperature IQ. I don’t know why I keep you around.” He turned back to the board, and the wolf just couldn’t hold in his response.

“You’re not that smart.” 

There was silence for a couple of seconds, Kyle waiting a bit before turning around to face the wolf, his face dark. He didn’t say anything, instead he walked up, wrapped a hand around the wolf’s neck and lifted him into the air. There was only the sound of the wolf’s legs kicking uselessly in the air as he struggled to breathe, as he gasped for his life. Kyle just watched him, tilting his head slightly as the struggles grew weaker. Holding the life of another in his hand - he basked in the feeling of power, of domination. He’d spent his life chasing it, and now he was moving on to the next step, the next rung on the ladder. He let the wolf choke until his face started turning blue before dropping him, letting him gasp for breath for a second before bringing a single foot down on his chest. He rested one arm on his knee as he leaned down, not even out of breath compared to the gasping wolf. 

“You live because I deem it so. The moment I decide otherwise, that privilege is revoked. You’d be wise to work at actually keeping hold of it.” He followed it up with a kick to his ribs, one that was just hard enough to crack them a little bit but not hard enough to break them outright. He’d calculated the force in his head, and he knew he’d been spot on when he saw the wolf’s eyes go wide and his scream cut off in his throat. Just breathing would be a sharp pain now, but not bad enough to keep him down, just miserable while he was walking or moving. Misery was good enough right now, he would make it work. Dissent dealt with, he turned back to his whiteboard. Project Carthage would need a large power source, but he didn’t have access to anything too potent in a school science lab. The best he could do would be to hook it up to the main line and see if that would do it, but he’d need the components first. Most weren’t too difficult to obtain, and for the next few hours he raided the science labs for anything useful he could find. A lot of the parts he got by dismantling other things, leaving a trail of broken parts in his wake, but he quickly realised he would need a bigger location for all of this. The modulator alone required a large space, the size being a necessity to moderate the wavelength with any sort of accuracy. With a grin he turned to the wolf. 

“Looks like I’m gonna need some of your lunch money.”

“Yeah this’ll do.” Kyle chuckled as he walked into the warehouse. It was old and musty, but considering he’d basically intimidated the owner into giving it for free it would do. Well, almost free - he’d given the guy the money he’d stolen from the nerds, who were now out of the equation. He was sure he’d see them later, but for now his project was all that mattered. Over the next few days he stole, built and generally acquired all the parts for his machine. It took the shape of a massive arch with a podium built into the centre, wires stretching to banks of computers all around the perimeter. Those same wires were hooked up to outlets, many of them illegal connections to the main power grid that would pull an insane amount of energy, more than several countries combined. All of this was necessary, and the limit of what he could make in here, but the result was worth it. He grinned as he stepped onto the podium, reached for the lever to his right and pulled it down. Machinery whirred into life, computers whining as they spun up, and when they all reached the correct pitch the arch sparked into life and a beam of energy blasted down onto Kyle. 

GRRRRAAAAAGHHHH!!!!”

He roared as his body seemed to explode with power, as seemingly limitless energy blasted into him and forced his body to expand in order to contain it. He’d tuned the arch to increase strength but it seemed there wasn’t a way to avoid yet more intelligence flowing into his head, his skull stretching outwards as veins flashed across his forehead. The growth up top was outdone by the growth down below though - muscles like steel cables rippled across his body, swelling with every crackle of energy as they surged through him and wrapped around his limbs. His arms went from slightly curvy branches to thick, throbbing trunks of muscle, his shirt ripping apart as the biceps tore the sleeves to pieces and then some, the growth continuing up his body as his shoulders rounded out before expanding, the growth distributed evenly around the muscle groups. The feeling was like pure lightning coursing through his veins, and wherever it went his body quivered and grew, trembled and swelled. It was one long orgasm, a lock of ecstasy that ended with his body 3 times the size it had been, limb by limb. His arms were already thicker than a telephone pole but now the growth continued through his chest, his already respectable chest surging forwards with each breath. It was as if he was breathing in and then just not breathing out, only instead of air filling the space it was muscle and sinew, tendons snapping alongside his shirt as his pecs blasted larger, as abs like tennis balls punched out of his stomach.

HAAAAAAAHHHHH, MOOOOOORRRREEEE!!!!”

Still the machine crackled, and still the deluge of power continued. It moved towards his legs now, filling out his thighs so much that they went from gentle slopes to sharp, alarming hunks of muscle, the striations visible and rippling with the slightest movement. Feeling how his body grew lighter was a strange sensation but an enjoyable one, and he grinned as the power surged through his calves and flickered all the way down to his toes. Only when it stopped did he take a step out the machine to look at himself. 

“Ohhhhh, fuck yeah! This is more like it!” He laughed as he flexed an arm and watched the bicep surge past bowling-ball sizes and all the way to beach ball. His physique was not natural, that much was certain - he looked more more jacked than any bodybuilder alive, muscles shaping his form rather than enhancing it, the natural curves and divots of his body replaced with a paradigm of strength, a testament to just how much muscle you could fit into a mortal body. He loved how he looked, and truth be told he wanted more, but when he eagerly walked back into the arch and pulled the lever there was just a fizzle of sparks. No power, no orgasmic bliss that he’d already started craving again. He hadn’t realised just how addictive growth could be, the feeling of improving at the cost of others, no matter who they may be. The feeling of it all, of ascending closer and closer to a god on earth. He had to have more, but the machine he’d built couldn’t provide further than this. There was a limit to how much energy it could pull, and he suspected that he’d already darkened a few countries by pulling this much juice. He went over to the computer screen, which was displaying some very satisfying statistics: 7’2, 380lbs, 4000 IQ. He didn’t need to check the details to know they were right - he could feel the weight and power in his body, and as for the IQ, well he was already thinking of ways to get what he wanted. The question was simple after all: how do you get more power to the arch. The answer was nuclear fusion - whilst fission might serve him as well he was confident he could get a stable fusion source working, and the difference in power was far too appetising to pass up on. 

The bad news was there was nobody he could talk to for this sort of thing. Not that anyone would help - this technology was beyond even the greatest scientists of the era, requiring knowledge of certain mathematical fields that should have been impossible to obtain even with decades of study. To Kyle it was like adding 2+2, maths that should have been fiendishly difficult seemed to just come easily to him now. It was funny just how far he was willing to go for another hit of growth, how much he was willing to do. It was an addiction, and he was smart enough to realise that right from the start. The thing is he had no intentions of doing anything about it. His addiction was all about making himself better, and to him that was no different than motivation to do something. A different reason for sure, but it was the same result. And so he fed his addiction, and he let himself be consumed in his work. 

Now he had the advantage of fully understanding what he was trying to do - his previous approach seemed like it was designed by a caveman, a clumsy fumble compared to the elegant affair that he was constructing now. Intelligence was nothing without understanding, but now he had more than enough of both, now he was able to see what he was doing wrong. The first thing he did was to scrap the old system of power. He almost laughed when he saw what he’d been doing, just blindly funnelling power into himself without the slightest thought about how it should be done, not caring as to whether that power was being used to its fullest potential. It was admirable, but his insight meant he now saw it as foolish. The old power system was out and he began to construct a new one. The basis for this was relatively simple, but the problem was it wasn’t actually a technology that had been invented yet. The theory was sound, but sustained nuclear fusion had never been achieved on Earth - they simply lacked the know-how to keep the reaction sustained. He’d never done it before, but truth be told he didn’t think it was too hard to get up and running. He realised quickly that he would need at the very least a large amount of tritium as well as deuterium, skipping over the more commonly used plutonium isotopes as they were much harder to get hold of. In comparison his materials were not closely monitored, mostly because they were only involved in a fusion that wasn’t supposed to exist. He was able to get copious amounts of both, although his lack of lead shielding meant it didn’t take long before he was feeling the effects of the tritium. It was just an incentive to work faster: if his calculations were correct then the radiation poisoning shouldn’t matter once the growth was initiated. The poison would only feed his body, the corruption consumed and converted into power that he could use. There were psychological effects as well, the radiation would amplify his callousness and aggression, make them more dominant parts of his personality. Again he didn’t care, in fact he welcomed it. He would make the corruption his own no matter the cost.

The arch quickly evolved into a Halo, the metal tube extending around the ceiling containing the fusion reaction and funnelling the energy down into the recipient. The wavelength modulators grew more and more advanced, the computers being put to their limit as Kyle created calculations that tested the boundaries of calculus, equations functioning in theoretical dimensions all for the sole purpose of growing as strong and as smart as possible. It was improvement made manifest, evolution but in the form of steel rather than flesh. After nearly a week of building it was finally ready, and he was so supremely confident in his abilities that he didn’t even want to test it on anything first. After putting so much work into it he saw no reason to share it with anything, not even a test subject, and instead he started it himself and went to go stand on the receiving end. The fusion reaction initiating sounded like a storm inside the warehouse, the building rattling and shaking as it powered up.

FLASH

The energy that rushed into his body felt entirely different to before. It was hard to describe, not in the sense of magnitude but rather in how it felt, as if before had been a gentle, warming glow and this was now a fiery spark of ignition, a kick that set his blood on fire and sent ideas thrumming through his head. He could literally feel his knowledge growing higher and higher, ideas that wouldn’t have ever occurred to him before just popping up in his mind like they’d always been there, like the machine was just unlocking parts of his brain rather than adding to it. And of course right there next to the intelligence was the strength, the power surging through his muscles and animating his limbs with strength, huge slabs of strength adding to his already formidable arsenal. 

He lasted only a few seconds before the Tritium got to him and he was forced to shut it off, staggering forwards and promptly vomiting on the floor. The radiation was immense, and even with the energy counteracting it somewhat he was feeling the effects. It would definitely take a while to get over that, but with the intelligence he’d gained he knew this was the best way. He looked over at a mirror to get an idea of his current body size, but was taken aback at how large his head was now - it was a huge, throbbing mass, veins pulsing across it nonstop as if his brain was pushing through his skull from inside. It was only thanks to the muscle cording his body that he was even able to hold his head straight such was the weight of it, and even with the physique of a god he was very top-heavy. Not that he minded - in fact he actually liked it, the indication that he was and always would be the smartest creature on the planet, and thanks to that gift he would soon be the strongest as well. 

Over the next few days he continued to improve his machine. The tritium radiation was at first crippling, but with the accelerated growth in his body it didn’t take long to grow accustomed to it and not require breaks any more. The early sessions were painful, but in just a week he was already taking long saturations in that wonderful energy, of which there seemed to be no limit. His mind only grew broader each time, and whenever he left the podium he was already looking for yet more ways to improve, new methods of energy absorption, forever more complex ways of pouring power into his mortal frame. It was an obsession, and every time he improved his machine it gave him the knowledge to make further improvements. All the while he only grew stronger of body as well as mind, his once relatively thin frame now so utterly stacked with muscle that it didn’t look like there was any space for more, and yet each time he proved that theory wrong. The radiation was but a suggestion now, and one that he ignored when he needed more strength, more ideas, more power. This was his life, and he was never going to stop. 

And he never would.

• Like 17

8 hours ago, Ro20316 said:

Fck Kyle grew to be unstopabble.

But don't worry in the future there come another story with same setting but another story writer hehehe . 

• Like 1