Silly games on two planes and no explanation

weather941

I have a rough outline of what's scheduled in the game (it sat with me as a heap of ideas for a standalone fic) and how it should connect to the main (main, you say?) plot, but there can be circumstances I bail out with a block. Hoping for the best bc I had a blast at the end of this chunk. Please let me know how you found it. Also hopefully my vocabulary is a bit larger than the last time. I'm not practicing writing inbetween making these but I feel now my writing goes a lil bit smoother. Hopefully my characterization doesn't suck too much. But I won't pepper the text with exact measurements though still. 😛 If you want more tags pls tell me too.

~~~~~~~~

Luc set off for a walk to ease his mind. Now that high school was over, nothing stopped his mind from filling with anxiety about the future. In short, he was ever unsure where does he want to go next. He haven't yet found a passion for anything except maybe drawing, but he didn't want for that to be his daily job. His drawing was for fun, for meditation, and all that. It was personal.

He thought maybe going into software dev wouldn't be too dull but he seemed to muddle his expectations with googling about day-to-day routine. And he was currently mediocre in programming, he even haven't opened an editor in two month.

So he mused unsuccesfully about what is there and what are his chances to get there at all, when he stumbled upon a small desk where people seemingly put various garbage for free. Old toys, a washed shrunk jacket which probably no longer fit his owner, a heap of books... one book drew Luc's attention. There was a swollen bicep on its cover, he took it in his hands and saw it was a case for a CD and not a book.

"Shifter Pebo against macabre mystiq", was the title. All the letters were in that monospace serif font like a badly translated instruction manual from Far-Eatern countries or somewhere. It seemed this was a visual novel-type game where you watch backgrounds, read swathes of text and talk to characters and date them or what, earn points and discover various endings.

It won't come to worse, Luc said to himself. He haven't thought he'd be bad with life decisions when all school activities ended—maybe a slower pace, distracting a half of unfruitful thoughts by this game, he'd think something healthy in a week or two?

And it probably will be at least bearable because muscle. Cover text promised something related to muscle progression; hopefully there were some pretty pictures.

~~~~~~~~

Saying hi to gran, Luc went straight to his room, found his old laptop which had a CD drive, powered it on and was welcomed with a password prompt. When he finally  remembered what it was, he was welcomed by a wallpaper of badly drawn guys which were meant to look muscular, but he had little experience drawing humans that far ago, so it was kinda embarrassing and bittersweet. He wasn't going to change it right away, though. Instead he inserted the game CD and waited for it to load. The laptop chirped and screeched and almost threatened not to read the CD it was so old and probably all dusty inside, but in the end game files were shown, and Luc clicked on a cheesily named "MYSTMSCL.EXE" having a bicep icon reminiscent of the CD case; there was no other application files on the disk.

The game seemed to load forever. Several windows briefly flashed and ceased to be, one like a command prompt. "Probably written in Ruby or something", Luc thought of that. After a minute, he went to take a piss and once more saw a tall scrawny dude in the mirror, with long-ish black hair dyed sky blue to green, badly in need of re-dying at this time, with a scraggly stubble he usually shaved off but now he that he was almost all by himself he didn't bother. At least lifting his tee he could see his abs, flat as they were. And his arms weren't that bad, all because of drawing. Joking here—nope, it didn't work that way, but he often helped his gran to move something about her room or going shopping for the house, as she wasn't too mobile. Nothing to be proud about, mostly some bulk and veins on forearms. Convinient to pump before jacking off. Luc washed his face and returned to the laptop.

Now there it was, a title screen and some options. He turned down music volume because it seemed to be picked badly, some k-pop nonsense with untractable melodies and chords changing every half a second. It was a game where you read. why?!

~~~~~~~~

Okay, the game was indeed badly translated. So much for free stuff! The protagonist was seemingly named Pepo and the setting was in rural Braziliz in a tiny town. And maybe it was a game for kids because Pepo was like 13. He lived together with his "friend-brother" Agil and his mother Linnn. Luc selected an option to know more backstory but Pepo answered "Linnn is not home right now". He was light-skinned while the majority of the town, included Agil and Linnn, was darker.

The story then went to their school, and apparently some kids liked to take issue with Agil because he, like, really loved astronomy and maths. Luc chuckled, it was pretty cliche. It was said, then, Pepo and Agil were almost always together in school and that prevented most of the stuff from happening, despite they both weren't much out of ordinary. Pepo just apparently was good with words or something. It didn't translate that way though.

Ah, a detail slipped inbetween verbal barbs during lunch time: Pepo was adopted by Linnn; she was a friend of his mother but then she died shortly after birth. Oh drama.

So, then it was a time skip to a day when Agil and Linnn were to some "Reo" place for half a week, and Pepo was staying. The town was all poor and so they saved instead of bying a ticket for Pepo to come with. It was okay though. They were stocked on staple food as Linnn believed one needed to eat regularly rather than buying vanity. Her ledger was probably why they weren't begging on streets. Welll…

Well so there was a long road for this story to go to do something with muscle. It was stated there was no gym in the little town, and there was some gang place where Pepo and Agil weren't allowed. Not that they wanted to go there because some of the harsher types they saw in school were regulars.

They had a bar in their house, though—which Pepo used and ushered Agil too. It didn't amount to much as they ate mostly cereal and vegetable type food, and there wasn't much info about how to train. Anyway there wasn't much time, as they needed to make an "infusion" for Agil each day and watch nothing bad happens. So it seems this time Linnn and Agil went to a check up with a doctor as they happened to regularly. Now something was clearing up!

There was not just text but wholesome pictures of scenes with the characters. Or not so wholesome regarding the school. Pretty boring, maybe a touch too sweet. Luc went on.

So, Pepo was alone for a week and he still was going to school of course. The first day alone, some tougher types which tried to bully Agil approached him. They suggested disclosing to him a secret about Agil and that he would reconsider treating him as brother and said it was importent. Luc was given a choice, go or tell them to fuck themselves. Luc chuckled at the sudden f-word amidst pretty diluted language. He saved the game and picked the option to go with.

Figured these were really assholes! So they led Pepo to some wilderness and to a cave entrance and ganged up on him, ridiculing his naivete. They picked off his "photo charm" he seemingly wore around his neck, usually hidden under his shirt, and threw it into the cave, saying some words about it and leaving him on his own.

Huh it was interesting. What was that "photo charm" which wasn't mentioned before? Thankfully there was an option for Pepo to go intospecting his life. Luc chose that. Turned out there was a photo of Pepo's father Arepo... duh, translation issues or were they feeling smart? Photo which was the only one he had of him, because Arepo had vanished into thin air before his wife's death. Linnn said that she told something incomprehensible about vengeance of somebody's for him and that he was so special and not only for her alone.

So neither Linnn nor Pepo (nor Agil, for that measure) believed he killed her or something like that. No wonder there was no choice in the game besides to go into the cave and look for the amulet. Well, for the better, Luc thought. It was a bit more interesting that way.

The cave was dark and damp and went down and down, but after traversing some, Pepo came upon a wooden door. Thankfully the gang haven't thought to fumble in his pocket so he had his "Noita sellphone" and lighted the way. He still almost fell and sprained an ankle before finding the door. Huh that was some mystery here but grans was calling Luc about something.

~~~~~~~~

Night has come; Luc had come for his walk in the evening and three or so hours had passed. He kissed grans good-night and made himself a couple sandwiches and tea, then brought it all to the room and continued with the game.

Pepo went through the door to a tiny room and battery in his phone died. It already beeped all the way down before. (But it was told to Luc only now, cheap thrills.) Pepo was left in a complete darkness... not complete. There was some pinkish light in a corner. He reached out and touched a small box which was fixed on a wall with clay and so was easily tugged free as the cave was moisty. Closer to his eyes, the box glowed orange and he managed to acclimate enough to the darkness and little light to find his "photo charm" on the floor.

Here it was, a rendition of the small round photo card in very low light. Luc could see a man's head looked at the viewer with a slight confident smile, hair close-trimmed and a bit of... very mighty neck... was visible. Luc started mid-chew and then looked again. Interesting, it was rare to draw someone's neck this thick and encroaching on chin, if he extrapolated out from a small picture correctly. Few real men had such a neck, it probably was thought disproportionate but it looked good.

It looked good to Pepo too, it seems. He shuffled out of the cave with the small box and the photo back up, using the box to light the way. At least going up was easier, there being more rocks and crevices visible than looking down-slope.

Luc chose for Pepo not to investigate the box until he comes home. Going back was uneventful, the next screen was already about Pepo reading how to help his ankle and then puzzling over the box. It was two-piece with an orange gem on top which was what gave of light in the cave. There was an in-game puzzle for Luc to emulate Pepo's process of unlocking the box. After, inside was a small piece of paper where a phrase was scribbled.

"Kelmonzac, cum with me", Pepo and Luc read, bewildered. Nothing happened. It was just said Pepo "remembered he's alone without Agil" and went to sleep exhausted from the trip, with his ankle hurt. Then the game said "Seeing you to-morrow" and hadn't allowed to go on. Luc went to sleep.

~~~~~~~~

There is darkness. He sensed movement far away. Too far away to reach but it'll all come to a stop some day, he'll be sure of it. Sticky webbings of signaling, holding him, constraining his free movement, they'll be an instrument of undoing it all.

Luc awoke in the middle of the night with anxiety and something forgotten nagging at him. He couldn't remember what.

~~~~~~~~

Before noon, Luc was done with aiding gran with making her favorite soup and then packed an external battery and the old laptop and went to a lone hill with a tree which he practiced to drew a couple of times. There he nestled a rug on the tree's roots and sat with the game. While it scrambled to load, he heard someone calling him.

"Hey Lucas! Is it you there?"

Oh, it was Jonah from the gym. The only one who called him "Lucas" so insistently despite a couple corrections. The reason he cancelled it all having barely started.

"Coming over!"

He was unbearable, was he? As much as goddamn hot. The game loaded when Jonah was up the hill and approached him.

"Hey what are you doing? Feeling the sun huh?"

Luc just closed the laptop and tried to zip it into his backpack.

"Sun's out guns out!" Jonah said and flexed, in his damn tight black tank and smiling with his whitest teeth. "Why no guns here, I talked to you to work out more!"

The guy was just obstinate. But he was smart. Just really up his ass.

"Hey what's you having here, lemme look!" Jonah aptly snatched the laptop and looked... Pretended to look through a crack and then just held it in his hands, framed by his biceps at the sides as a strange conceptual painting.

Luc was starting to fume.

Jonah smiled obnoxiously and stood still, waving his hands and, moreso, bouncing his pecs now.

As said: obnoxious fuck thinking he's any humor in him.

Jonah ceased smiling and placed the laptop on the grass and sat there.

"Listen. I wasn't mean to drive you out. Sorry if I'm too all-out, I won't try to excuse myself with that I have ADHD but maybe you'll understand. Finally I see you out there, and, well."

He jumped up and tried to snatch the laptop again.

"No, no!" Luc cried out.

"Okay okay." Jonah said chuckling and gave it back. "But do know it was my place near where you found that CD. See ya!" He ran downhill.

"What? Hey, wait!" Luc shouted and Jonah instantly reversed course and sat near him leaning on the tree's bark.

"Well? What chapter?" Jonah asked. "Did you had the wierd dream?"

"...no? Wait, did you play this game too?" Luc fumbled puzzled.

"Figures. Yeah, you should remember from that day we met in the gym that I'm a sucker for muscle!" Jonah said and took off his tank top with one hand while already stroking his blocky abs with another, discarding the top in Luc's lap and curling a hefty bicep with that arm, all in two seconds.

Luc just stared at him and then at the tank. It was pretty small when not worn. Luc sensed tightness in his pants.

"So, I saw you then and I saw immediately you're like me there, you came just to hulk yourself out and jack off on muscles and brag, well sorry I was so enthusiastic so you probably thought I'm mocking you or what. I didn't think?"

Luc was still stunned. It seemed his brain is rusty today. He had no thoughts to think. He looked up at the branches of the tree, at his laptop, at the fucking sweaty tank in his lap, at the... was it? How could it be he was the dumb one all along? He couldn't think but he needed to do something so he placed his arm on Jonah's pec. It was warm and alive with vibrations, dancing around the littliest amount, flexing subtly in the cool air and excitement of the guy.

"You like it, yeah?" Jonah asked as if he could still need a validation of his theory.

Jonah had a boyish face, with a wide jaw, still, head completely bald, thought the first time Luc saw him he sported an unruly mess of red spikes, and he has a very light but surprisingly dense stubble now, coppery-brown and glowing in sunlight.

Luc just wanted to feel it so he drew his finger over Jonah's cheek.

"Tickles", he said and flexed his torso. "Uh it was really arousing. And you reminding me. I need to j/o." Jonah nonchalantly tried to go with his meaty forearm into his sweats but Luc grabbed it.

"Are you always like this?" he asked incredulously.

"Huh? Well?" Jonah waved his arms. "It's not that often I meet someone close to me in... well not that I was a loner... well, you see, condition or not but it's hard for me to be comfortable in large company. I mean, I know I'm pretty hot and I'm not anxious of being like railroaded into something or what, but it's nerves and do you remember nerves are bad for those?" He flexed his pecs and smiled. "Not many folks to hang out with, like no sweat, personal. I mean, some become plain affronted with me being me, me being, well, so I think I liked you and then you come about and remind me..." He pulled his face closer to Luc, then reversed. "Sorry if I'm intense or not making sense, or rhyming it seems."

Luc probably wasn't making sense anymore too. He looked downhill, saw everything being far away and reached into Jonah's sweats with his own hand instead of Jonah's. The guy's face seemingly went pink, not that he wasn't already a bit because of the sun and his constant flexing where he seemingly flexed just as hard as he could. To impress Luc? To feel the strength himself, constantly?

While he thought and forgot to do anything with his hand, he felt another hand unzipped his jeans and touched then massaged his hard cock.

"It's bizarre" Luc only croacked. He located Jonah's own package with ease as it was almost visible through his sweats before, even through there were boxers inbetween.

"We'll blow you up Lucas, you can't be this way when your only treasure is your abs. How do you even jack off?" Jonah said in a disapproving teacher's voice while stroking Luc's meat, pumped forearm going up and down through his groin hair.

"What?" But he tried to match the pace. Cloud gently moved upon the sun. Luc catched the thought he almost missed. "I have imagination you brute."

"Luc please tell me you aren't running from me this time now as you jack me off."

"What?!" Eh. Jonah was still impossible. Luc added violence to let his displeasure be known.

"I mean do you like me, I need it, I think I was missing something for those seven months since you came into the gym and left right away. I seemingly lived okay but you see I now see I didn't. I do you alright? Please tell me we make something."

It was plain painful. This hot warm burly piece of shit being a... a... oh pencil gods no! He’ll stain the jeans and how would Luc go home then?

Damn. So good. He felt sitting in a warm pool.

"See, you can borrow my gear." Jonah said and took his own cock from Luc's hand and targeted his own emerging cum to land on Luc's jeans too. "I mean take my pants, they seemed to end up clean!"

Fucking rowdy imbecile.

~~~~~~~~

There is no moving there. Connections. Disconnections. Curious, it doesn't go as I saw it go. Though sooner or later, fewer or twice more, they all go out by my hand. Freedom is out.

~~~~~~~~

TBC. (Ah I want to met a guy like Jonah too, now—maybe to my utter demise. Also I haven't even planned him here. It's PROVIDENCE.)

• Like 2