New Year’s Goals

EverHopeful

Good morning, Fellow Rochesterians.  I hope that you’re all off to a great 2023.  I just finished my first workout of the New Year, and was reflecting on the past few years. 

I looked back at a post I had made of New Year’s Resolutions from 2020, and I am happy to say that I managed at least some of them, namely trying to incorporate foundational exercises like dead lifts and squats into my routine.  I think I have had some success as a result, though the last year was a crazy one for several reasons. 

This year I am setting a goal of making my lifestyle healthier by getting an extra hour of sleep each night and paying more attention to meals.  I know this is dull stuff, but I also know that I tend to neglect it, so I am making it a focus.  

I am also going to make it a point to post my progress more often, either here or in Discord.  The community on this website is so supportive.  I want to use everyone’s positive energy to help me on my own journey, and to send my positive energy on to others, too. 

I wish everyone the best, and look forward to everyone’s progress!

—— @EverHopeful

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

We’re almost 2/3 through this year, and it’s certainly had its ups and downs. But this week I actually met a goal.  For years, I had set a goal of reaching 200 lbs, and never succeeded in reaching it.  But this year I was really making sure to eat more, trying to sleep more, and — at the advice of a friend — starting to pay attention to food labels.  A new group of people started coming to my gym, too, when theirs closed, and some of them are really motivating. 
Anyhow, when I got up yesterday morning, the scale read 200 for the first time ever. 
I am completely psyched — and ready to shoot for 205.  It might take me years, but I won’t quit trying. 
Enjoy the end of summer!

@EverHopefulIMG_3348.thumb.jpeg.8a218a519bf07f9f2c1475cc0ed8eb08.jpegIMG_3339.thumb.jpeg.831d1e872f1d81a852b2f3d6a1625eea.jpeg

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines, Terms of Use, & Privacy Policy.
We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..