A Surprising Change (Chapter 3 added 8/22/23)

marius777

10 hours ago, xmrr20a said:

Is there going to be more of this excellent story?

Chapter 3 is in progress. I don't know how much longer it'll take, but it's on the way.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2

• 2 months later...
On 5/28/2023 at 1:28 PM, xmrr20a said:

Please tell us you haven't forgotten about us!

I haven't, just been busy. The third chapter is about half finished.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I was also thinking about this great story's continuation. Looking forward to part 3 as well.  I know it's a lot of work, but it seems you have an anxious audience.

• 5 weeks later...

Hi everyone! Sorry it's taken me so long to write the next chapter. I've found the inspiration to write comes in short bursts, and it's very difficult to make progress when the Muse won't cooperate. But I've finally finished it, so here it is. I hope you like it!

Chapter 3

It took some time for Jake to process his feelings about Aaron’s transformation. The fact that Aaron had just ended up with this incredible gift even though he’d never had any use or desire for it was infuriating to Jake, especially since it was something that Jake had dreamed of his entire life. He also couldn’t help feeling emasculated by the large strength and size difference that now existed between them; it was just so humiliating that Aaron had effortlessly surpassed him at something Jake had been working toward for years.

However, in spite of all the resentment he was feeling, Jake recognized the value of his friendship with Aaron and knew that he should avoid damaging it. So he decided to keep his distance for a few weeks and take some time to get over his insecurity before reconnecting with Aaron; he didn’t want Aaron to see how bitter Jake was and take it the wrong way.

But even after some time had passed and Jake had somewhat adjusted to the new state of affairs, the dynamic between the three friends just wasn’t the same anymore. The reason they had worked so well as a friend group in the past is that they complemented each other perfectly: Leo’s playful temperament balanced out Aaron’s straight-laced seriousness, and Jake’s strong, steady presence acted as a buffer to absorb the friction that sometimes broke out between them. But now, things were completely different. Leo pretty much totally ignored Jake and paid all his attention to Aaron. He no longer teased Aaron the way he used to but acted completely submissive to him and practically worshipped him, taking every opportunity to ask Aaron to flex and feel his muscles. He always took Aaron’s side, no matter the subject matter, and if he said anything that Aaron took exception to, Leo would back down immediately and apologize profusely.

Jake would have expected Aaron to be annoyed by Leo’s obsequiousness, but, to Jake’s surprise, it seemed that he actually enjoyed it. He was happy to oblige Leo’s flexing requests and seemed to relish Leo’s deference to him. Jake could only guess that, after years of enduring Leo’s goading, the reverence Leo showed for him now felt good to Aaron.

Aaron must have picked up on Jake’s dissatisfaction with the changed dynamic between the three friends. One night as Jake was sitting in his room listening to music, his phone buzzed. He picked it up and saw he had a text from Aaron.

Hey, is there any chance you’d be free to come over tomorrow?

Jake frowned. That was odd. They usually hung out at Leo’s place. He quickly typed out a reply.

You mean at your house? Is Leo busy or something?

Aaron’s reply came a few seconds later.

No, I just thought it might be nice for it be the two of us for a change. Leo’s a great guy, but I know he can be a little much sometimes. Especially recently.

Jake sat in thought for a few seconds before responding. He honestly wasn’t thrilled about the prospect of hanging out one-on-one with Aaron while his shock at Aaron’s new Alpha status was still so raw. But maybe spending time together without Leo was exactly what needed to happen for the atmosphere between Jake and Aaron to return to normal. Or at least some semblance of normal.

Okay, sure, I can come.

After sending his reply, Jake lay down on his bed and sighed. Tomorrow would be an interesting day.

- - -

When Jake arrived at the house, he walked up onto the porch and rang the bell. A few moments later, the door swung open to reveal Aaron, who was looking as jacked as ever. His t-shirt was so tight it looked as if it was painted over his chiseled torso, leaving practically nothing to the imagination about the firm ridges of muscle beneath, and the sleeves were struggling to cover just a few inches of his bulging biceps.

“Hey, Jake!” Aaron said, flashing him a broad grin and pulling him into a tight hug.

“Hey, Aaron,” Jake wheezed back, wincing a little as he felt Aaron’s powerful muscles crushing his ribcage. He wasn’t entirely sure whether Aaron was aware of how much force he was applying or if he didn’t realize just how strong he was.

After what felt like an eternity, Aaron finally let Jake go and led him inside.

“You want something to eat?” Aaron asked as he walked in the direction of the kitchen. “I was just about to have lunch.”

“No, I’m good.” Jake replied, following closely behind Aaron. Once they had entered the kitchen, Jake watched as Aaron opened the fridge and put together a plate of food. And then another. And then another. In the end, he had three heaping plates piled with chicken, rice, and broccoli.

“Are you actually going to eat all of that?” Jake asked incredulously.

“Absolutely,” Aaron said. “Ever since I started growing, I’ve been ravenous all the time. It’s ridiculous how much I eat now.”

Jake then watched in disbelief as Aaron devoured the three plates in front of him.

“Shit, you weren’t lying were you?” Jake said in awe as Aaron rounded off the last plate. “You took all that down no problem.”

“Told you,” Aaron said with a grin as he swallowed his last bite.

Once Aaron had put away his plate, they headed upstairs to Aaron’s room. Jake had been in his room many times before and knew that Aaron usually kept it clean and organized. But as Jake stepped through the door, he was surprised to find that today the room was in a state of disarray. The closet doors were wide open, and clothes were strewn haphazardly over the floor and bed.

“Oh, yeah, sorry about the mess,” Aaron said sheepishly. “I’m finally getting around to going through my old clothes and seeing if anything still fits me. Nothing does.” And to demonstrate, he pulled his shirt up over his head, tossed it aside, and picked up one of the many tees that were lying on the bed.

Jake had not been expecting to see Aaron shirtless, and his eyes almost popped out of his skull as he took in the sight of Aaron’s bare torso. There wasn’t an ounce of fat on him; every inch of his body rippled with lean muscle. His rigid pecs were full and rounded, and they jutted out sharply from the rest of his torso in such a way that there was a deep cleft between them. The definition in his abs was unbelievable; they were perfectly square and separated by deep ridges. His back was impossibly wide and shifted in a mesmerizing mass of bunching brawn.

As Jake was still processing the view before him, Aaron pulled the tee down over his head and attempted to push his arms through it. He ran into issues immediately. The sleeves weren’t nearly wide enough to accommodate the bulging biceps he had built over the past year, and so the seams split as his arms passed through them. This was not the end of his difficulties. As he pulled the shirt down over his chest, it became apparent that it was unprepared for the significant increase in the width of his shoulders, and another tear formed at the collar, leaving much of his muscled chest exposed. Finally, after he rolled the shirt down over his abs, there were still a few inches of his abdomen left uncovered.

“See what I mean?” Aaron asked with a chuckle as he turned around to look in the mirror and examine the now tattered t-shirt that his muscles were literally exploding out of. He flexed one of his biceps and watched with satisfaction as the massive peak tore through what remained of the sleeve, leaving behind just a few strips of loose fabric.

“Holy shit, man,” Jake breathed as he took in Aaron’s imposing physique. “You look insane.”

Aaron turned back around to face him and flashed him a cocky grin.

“I feel amazing too.” Aaron said excitedly. “I never really understood why you cared about having muscles before, but now I totally get it. I feel so fucking powerful, and I have so much energy; it’s like I’m on a caffeine rush all the time. And the way people treat me is completely different. No one ever paid much attention to me before, but now wherever I go I always attract a lot of stares. They give me this look that’s like a combination of awe and maybe a little intimidation. It felt weird at first, but I’ve grown to really enjoy it. It’s kind of … addicting.”

He said all of this quickly and breathlessly, almost like he’d been keeping it bottled up and had been waiting for an opportunity to unload on someone. As Jake listened to him, he was overcome by such a surge of jealousy that he felt like he was going to shrivel up and die. It was so unfair that his nerdy best friend was getting to experience all of this and not him. But, mixed in with his jealousy, there was also a certain amount of awe and fascination that Jake couldn’t ignore.

A few seconds of an awkward silence passed between them before Aaron cleared his throat and said,

“Well, I guess this shirt’s officially ruined. Might as well finish the job.” He gripped the collar with both hands and tore the rest of the fabric off of his body like it was made of paper.

Jake was then left once again with an unobstructed view of Aaron’s muscular body. At this close range, Jake was really struck by the pronounced size difference that now existed between them. Aaron had previously been a little on the short side, but now he positively towered over Jake. And his shoulders were much broader too. His larger frame in combination with his bulging muscles made Jake feel very small standing next to him.

“You’re so much bigger than me,” Jake blurted out suddenly. He immediately hated himself for vocalizing that thought, but he just couldn’t stop himself. It was all he could think about.

Aaron looked surprised to hear him say this but laughed gently.

“Hey, don’t sell yourself short,” he said. “You’ve got a pretty killer body too. Here, take off your shirt.”

As much as Jake did not want to be shirtless around Aaron, he felt compelled to obey. He lifted his shirt over his head and set it down on the floor.

“Let’s see a double biceps,” Aaron said, stepping aside and turning to look at Jake’s reflection in the mirror.

Jake raised his arms and flexed as hard as he could. He didn’t look bad; he had a thick, reasonably well-muscled but slightly fluffy build, chunky pecs, and his biceps formed two noticeable peaks as he flexed them.

“Pretty good,” Aaron said approvingly as he examined Jake’s physique. But then he stepped up to the mirror beside Jake and struck a double-biceps of his own. The bulging muscles of his upper body pulsed and swelled up to an even more imposing size. Not only were Aaron’s muscles bigger though, but they were also much leaner, complete with thick, ropey veins snaking all along the length of his arms. As impressive as Jake’s physique may have been, it obviously didn’t hold a candle to Aaron’s.

Upon seeing the dramatic difference between his own body and Jake’s, Aaron let out a small chuckle and said,

“Well, I guess I do have a few pounds on you though.”

He gazed admiringly at his own reflection and flexed even harder, growling playfully. His bicep peaks swelled even larger, and more veins started popping out on his arms, the previously visible ones getting really thick and engorged.

After a few moments, Aaron noticed that Jake had stopped flexing and was just staring at him slack-jawed. Aaron turned to him and grinned.

“Wanna feel?” he asked, stepping closer and holding out a flexed bicep. Jake extended a slightly trembling hand and gently squeezed the proffered arm. His breath caught as he felt the firmness of the muscle; there was no give whatsoever. He continued to feel Aaron’s bicep for a few more moments, tracing the slope of the muscle and the web of veins that covered it in awe.

After watching Jake’s hand gently explore his arm for a few moments, Aaron turned to look him in the eyes and flashed him a broad smile. The confidence and self-assuredness in Aaron’s expression made Jake feel another wave of intense jealousy. Being confronted with Aaron’s unquestionable physical superiority in this way was incredibly emasculating, but his fascination with the transformation Aaron was undergoing kept him frozen there as an awe-struck admirer.

When Jake finally withdrew his hand, Aaron lowered his arm and said,

“I guess I should go find a shirt to put on, shouldn’t I?” He picked one out from his closet, and then they settled down to play a video game.

• Like 25
  • Thanks 1