Littlerjim

Trent seems to have a bit more foresight into himself.  He was always self assured before the growth happened.  In this case, he seemed to retain a bit of that to get fed up with self pity and find out what was really happening.  Staying the same is one thing but shrinking is another. 

I think if Seb hadn't told Trent he was shrinking Trent would have accepted the situation ultimately.  Instead I know I would have gone for answers if I knew I was shrinking.  It could be serious.

Trent fooling Seb and getting him to show his true intent may be a strength later.  Trent has turned out to be a good bullshit detector.  I like how his reveal of that was on the benign side.  It shows Trent as more astute he is.  Revenge is one thing but making people eat their own bullshit can be more cathartic.

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, Ro20316 said:

he was bullied by Trent and that affected him maybe Trent didnt had bad intentions but that clearly affected Seb  ina  deeper lvl.

I dont think he would be friends with Adam, he asaid he always avoided the guy cause Adam IS a bully and i Trent said he had never liked the guy  instead i think Trent and Seb should talk things out even fight if they have to. They both hurt each otehr in deeper lvls  

Ok, I need to ask, what did Trent, outside of calling Seb small guy, do to consider him a bully. Cause honestly, thats all I found. Maybe there was more I missed....

And again, Trent offered him a shot. If he was a bully, he would keep it to himself, in my opinion.

Will see in later chapters but right now, perhaps they will talk (though not sure how well it will go) but for now,I have zero compassion towards Seb

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, Ro20316 said:

he was bullied by Trent and that affected him maybe Trent didnt had bad intentions but that clearly affected Seb  ina  deeper lvl.

I dont think he would be friends with Adam, he asaid he always avoided the guy cause Adam IS a bully and i Trent said he had never liked the guy  instead i think Trent and Seb should talk things out even fight if they have to. They both hurt each otehr in deeper lvls  

Ok, I need to ask, what did Trent, outside of calling Seb small guy, do to consider him a bully. Cause honestly, thats all I found. Maybe there was more I missed....

And again, Trent offered him a shot. If he was a bully, he would keep it to himself, in my opinion.

Will see in later chapters but right now, perhaps they will talk (though not sure how well it will go) but for now,I have zero compassion towards Seb

59 minutes ago, Ro20316 said:

Now that it’s been awhile since my one word assessment, allow me to expand on that comment.

A well crafted story should elicit emotions in the reader, maybe even emotion that the reader doesn’t want to address. This story does so in me, hence my “Perfect” assessment.

You see, I’m the guy that didn’t grow. I’m the one that was ignored/ridiculed/bullied/beat because of my stature. I’m the one that didn’t have any dates because all the girls, in the lower grade, were taller. I’m the one that had the fantasies of striking fear and feeling of inadequacies in those taller boys that (as I perceived) were more accepted and admired. Maybe even visiting terrible violence upon them.

I’m 58 and still trying to deal with the scars that rack my very soul.

So, when I wrote “Perfect” I was commenting on the stirring of emotions the story drew from me. And I fucking hate it.

So now I’m in my gym’s parking lot listening to the rain pelt the roof of my car and battling those demons, knowing that no matter how much my physique grows, no matter how much stronger I get, no matter how many compliments I get, I will still look in the mirror and see a small, weak, ineffective man and feeling that every compliment is behind a snicker and a laugh, even if it isn’t. And I’m going to drag my sorry ass in there and try to lift hard and heavy.

For those of you that would say, “Get over your pity party”, I ask “How?” It’s not like I can change my stature. It’s not like I can change what others see when they look down at me. I’d also tell them that, if this story was reality, Trent would be eviscerated by these wounds for the rest of his life. Untrusting any and all relationships and feeling, literally and figuratively, belittled. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, Lambert771 said:

…what did Trent, outside of calling Seb small guy, do to consider him a bully

Never underestimate the effect of making someone feel small. 

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Ripped said:

Now that it’s been awhile since my one word assessment, allow me to expand on that comment...

I literally got goosebumps reading your comment. I'm touched that my story could resonate with you in this way. I'm not really prepared to go into my own hang-ups in any detail, but that feeling of inadequacy that eats at you is something I've had to deal with and, truly, still need to - that kind of thing never leaves you. I hope you enjoy the rest of Trent's journey.

With regards to the discussion on whether Trent was a bully - I think he was maybe, unknowingly, a little. He's more perceptive than anyone except maybe Brie, and noticed straight away the effect his comments were having; he policed them, and took active steps to deal with the "problem" as he saw it. Whether or not that "problem" was actually Seb being too small... Well, that's for a later chapter.

Seb, meanwhile, took things to a different level. Months of gaslighting, messing with drugs - and encouraging Trent on multiple occasions to take that mix, by the way. And the way he turned others against Trent was insidious; he told Brie that Trent had "stormed off" from the gym, for instance, when that's just not the case, to deliberately begin driving a wedge between them. Sebastian is fully an abuser at this point, and what Trent did really doesn't compare. 

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

I also wanted to add - the acid test for the four giants will be how they respond to this explosive confrontation. And that's what the next chapter is, essentially.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Littlerjim said:

I also wanted to add - the acid test for the four giants will be how they respond to this explosive confrontation. And that's what the next chapter is, essentially.

i literally cant waint to read it

49 minutes ago, Littlerjim said:

Unfortunately, I feel that no matter what they do, it will never be enough. 

But that’s just me. 

• Upvote 1