Littlerjim

Loving the way the story is progressing. If I had to make any notes, it'd be nice to get some additional description of their sizes, beyond just their height/weight. Like just what does a 7'4" guys arms look like? I'm sure they're lean and vascular but like competition lean? Etc. I'm sure their forearms are bigger than the average mans thigh, but a little more explanation on the challenges that poses would be nice. I loved the inclusion of the custom van too!

• Thanks 1

Chapter 6

CW: This chapter includes a character using the F-slur. They're a bad person and are treated as such. Just a heads up, discretion is advised, etc.

"Do NOT get into trouble" Brie says, lifting on to her tiptoes and planting a kiss on Adam's cheek.

"Who, me?" He asks innocently as a wicked grin plays across his square jaw.

"I mean it! I don't want to be dragged away from my vacation to clean up after some stupid stunt you've pulled."

"Okay, mom. I thought it was enough that I had to bring my grandpa along…" He shoots a look at Trent, who stands a way off, waiting for the two to finish. He'd recently decided to grow out his beard, a process that took about three days from the decision to stop shaving. The upkeep had just become too much of a nuisance. Trent wondered whether it was just the way he was, or if it was the shot affecting him; Adam wondered how many different ways he could tease him for it.

"Listen to your mother," Trent says dryly, and turns away. The two were going to kiss. He didn't mind it - any feelings of jealousy were long dead now - but they could get a little excessive for anyone's taste.

Five minutes later, Adam shuts the door for her and bangs twice on the top of the van, and she waves as she pulls away. The two boys shoulder their belongings and begin the walk down to the path to the beach huts.

"Aw man, I'm so fucking hyped! Are you hyped?" Adam says, almost jumping up and down in excitement. Trent was worried it would register on the Richter scale.

"Yeah, I'm hyped," He says, a little more composed than his buddy.

"Well, you could act like it! Besides, you've got more reason to be happy than me. You get all the fun of a boys holiday, AND a constant selection of eye candy!"

Trent shakes his head, but he can't hide his smile no matter how much facial hair he's grown, nor the blush that spreads across his cheeks. He hadn’t been quite sure how Adam was going to react to his coming out, but he needn't have worried. If anything, he was TOO supportive.

"Aw, don't play coy. Poor Trent, the hottest single guy on the beach surrounded by studs..."

"Knock it off. We're almost there..."

The two round a corner and are greeted by a treat for the eyes - and, Trent had to admit, for him even moreso. The view is gorgeous, the only clouds in the sky a white wisp on the horizon that helps to distinguish between the deep azure of the sea and otherwise blemishless sky. To their left, a coastal path winds up atop some low cliffs, a mile and a half beyond which they can see the boardwalk which is beginning to buzz with visitors even this early in the morning. To their right, in this secluded part of the bay, there’s a small row of beach huts, with large doors that open out the white sand in front of them. And everywhere they looked, they saw familiar faces.

The boys had travelled together, all pooling funds to rent a small bus for the ride over - the sheer lack of legroom preventing Trent and Adam from doing the same. They’d obviously arrived a little earlier, and had wasted no time. Some of them play a game of volleyball, several of them are splashing in the gentle waves, a few hang closer to the huts in the shade, enjoying a beer or two with some lunch. And all of them topless. 

Granted, for this group of young men, it wasn’t the most shocking thing. Trent couldn’t remember a single hangout with them where at least one person hadn’t stripped, but to see all of them, now, a buffet of different cuts of beef… Adam maybe, kinda, sort of… had a point. A little.

“Okay, I’ll admit. I’m pretty hyped.” Trent says.

“Glad to hear it!” Despite the heat of the sun, Trent’s blood turns to ice. It wasn’t Adam who had said that, but he knew the voice very well. He turns and, stepping away from the shade of one of the beach huts, dressed only in a pair of shorts and sandals, is Sebastian. “Place looks fucking dope! How have you been little guy, it’s been a while?”

Trent turns to look at Adam, who stares at Seb unblinking. His jaw is set and brow furrowed, as if trying to work him out. It becomes very clear to Trent that this is as much of a surprise to Adam as it is to him.

It also becomes pretty clear that the two look… pretty evenly matched. Seb is easily taller; a horrifying thought, since Trent knew Adam had recently ticked over to 7’9”. Had Seb hit 8ft? If he hadn’t, it was close. Despite that advantage though, Adam just looked… bigger. Broader across the shoulders, larger arms, bolder legs. Adam had been pushing it hard for more than half a year now, and with the aid of Trent’s training tips. It appeared to have been paying off. It didn’t phase Seb, however, who pays Adam no mind. He looks down at Trent with that same condescending smirk as always.

“We weren’t expecting you,” Trent states, ignoring the question. Answering it would mean acknowledging the insult, which he wouldn’t give the time of day. He was done thinking of himself as small.

“No? I did wonder where my hand-written invite was, I thought it’d got lost in the mail,” Seb snarks. “Relax, I got invited the same as everyone else. Word of mouth, right? My man Justin clued me in, I’m all paid up, and I’m here to have a good time. You’re not looking to start something are you?”

Trent is about to argue the preposterous notion, but Adam interrupts him. His words are slow and deliberate, his hands balled into fists.

“Seb - a word. Come with me.”

“Nah, I think I’m good here thanks.” Seb says, folding his arms. “If you want to pick a fight, I want everyone to see who’s to blame for it.”

“Oh, I want to pick a fight, alright,” Adam continues in a low voice, that only the three of them can hear. “But lucky for you, my bro here and I are looking for a nice, peaceful vacation. What I need you to understand, though, is I’m about a second away from turning your face into jelly at any given moment, you get it?  So if you do anything - anything at all to this man here, you’ll have me to answer to, do you fucking understand?”

“Woah, get a load of Liam Neeson here!” Seb laughs, clasping his hand on Adam’s shoulder. “Aw, I missed you, man - you’re always good for a laugh. But don’t worry. I’m here for the sun, sand and senoritas, just like you boys. If it makes you happy, I’ll keep out of your way. You won’t even know I’m here. Good to see you both, though.”

He smiles at the two of them, before heading out onto the beach and towards the ocean. Adam looks down at Trent, eyes wide with concern.

“I swear, dude, I had no idea th-”

“I know man,” Trent responds, putting his arm around him. “And thanks for standing up for me. Hopefully, you won’t need to anyway. Maybe he’ll behave.”

And yet, with the sinking feeling in his stomach, Trent knew that wasn’t the case.

-------------------------------------------

That feeling continued throughout the day, though Trent tried his best to squash it down. He and Adam had found their hut - the last in the line, the other’s having grabbed the more central ones already - and dropped off their things. It was modestly decorated which suited them fine - it made pushing the two, superfluous single beds out of the way all the easier. They were both too tall for them, and too broad to make curling up in them a sensible idea. But they’d come prepared, with camping mattresses and blankets, and soon they each had a comfortable place to sleep on the floor.

They’d grabbed some food, chatted with some of the guys about their journey, and began to enjoy their vacation - for the most part. Trent couldn’t stop his eye from wandering whenever he wasn’t part of the conversation, to the hulking figure who was always easy to spot. To his credit, there was nothing insidious happening so far - he was running up and down the beach, or lying on the sand, or dipping in for the bathroom.

“Hey, TRENT! Heads up!”

Trent had been watching Seb from the distance as he stood out in the sea, the water up to his waist, throwing a ball around with Adam and some of the other guys - not the best position to be distracted in. Fortunately, his reflexes were quick enough to snap out of his distraction and leap up to make the catch in time. Unfortunately, it wasn’t enough to take stock of his surroundings. He hears a small yelp as he comes crashing back down into the water, followed by muffled bubbling - he barely even feels the guy he just jumped into.

“Oh, shit - sorry man!”

He discards the ball and sinks his arms under the water, pulling the poor guy out of it. The guy coughs and splutters, expelling some salty water from his airways. He looks shocked - which is fair, it’s not every day you’re almost flattened by some distracted giant - but also kind of… cute. He has sandy hair that’s shaved around the sides of his head, a slightly lanky but cut physique, dark brown eyes and fantastic lips - except of course, right now they’re engaged in the act of getting oxygen.

“Sorry!” Trent repeats, “Are you okay?”

“Yeah - ack! Cough-cough…” he splutters, “I’ll be - cough - fine.”

“I really should be more careful, I didn’t see you there,”

“Funny - cough - I noticed you.”

“Ha! Yeah, I get that a lot these days, I guess. I don’t think I’ve noticed you around, before? Name’s Trent.”

“Yeah, I know. I’m Lance,” he responds.

“Ah, well, great to meet you! Sorry it’s not the best of first impressions,” Trent says, blushing slightly.

“Can you, uh - can you put me down?” Lance asks.

Trent had been holding him at arm’s length the entire time, the weight not even registering to him. He lets him down with another apology - the tip of the guy’s head is maybe level with his chin, which he guesses is actually pretty tall. But there’s something about the way Lance looks up at him…

“I think I’ve had enough water for now. See you around, Trent.” He says, walking past him towards the beach.

“Oh, yeah, see you around…” Trent says, watching him leave. Then he grabs the ball, and makes to throw it back towards Adam.

-----------------------------

If the boardwalk had buzzed earlier in the day, it practically shakes with excited club-goers as the sun sets. Trent and Adam join a small posse of others as they padded along the coastal path and then down to the beachfront clubs, each with stupid grins on their faces as they find somewhere to set up for the evening - they were all a couple of beers deep already.

Then find themselves in a beach front bar with a tacky, tiki theme - but the drinks are plentiful and cheap, from the first shot to the punch that followed it. They even have a fire-breather walking around, which was a fun touch, and something for Adam and Trent to watch as they pretty much babysit the booth they claim; the other guys are constantly up from their seats, trying it on with anyone that will give them the time of day.

Adam’s phone buzzes, and his face lights up - both from the screen and the smile he gets - before tapping out his reply.

“Aww, have you ever seen anything so cute?” Trent asks playfully, “No need to ask who that is.”

“What can I say, I’m a lucky guy…” He answers, as the phone buzzes again. His eyebrow raises.

“How is it that I’m playing the third wheel even when it’s just the two of us? Let’s see what’s made lover boy so happy-” Trent demands, reaching for Adam’s phone, but it’s snatched away from him.

“She’s very drunk,” Adam says.

“Well, if she’s sending drunk texts I’ve got to see. I promise I won’t make fun too hard,” Trent extends his hand still, but Adam shakes his head.

“No, you don’t understand. She’s sending the kind of message she only sends when drunk. There’s not many spelling mistakes. It’s mostly pictures…”

The two look at each other, before the smile curls on their lips, and they laugh with each other like a pair of naughty school boys. But their laughter is drowned out by a crowd of laughter, shouting and squeals coming from over by the bar.

Trent looks over and his night is worsened, as most things are when they come into contact with Seb. The big man is surrounded by a bunch of other people - men and women, that Trent doesn’t recognise, cheering for him. With one hand, he holds a chair effortlessly above his head, sat atop which is a young woman in a bridal veil. She squeals in excitement as one of her friends films the scene on her phone. In Seb’s other hand he holds a pitcher of beer which he chugs to the chanting delight of his worshippers. With a sigh of victory, he finishes the pitcher and hurls it to the ground; it’s only plastic, but even so shatters into pieces with the force he uses. He sets down the bride-to-be and shouts out, “Wasn’t even even hard! Why doesn’t someone give me a challenge?”

He’s very clearly wasted.

Trent rolls his eyes and catches Adam’s.

“Is this too much for you? The offer still stands, you know.”

“Nah, it’s fine. He’s not doing anything wrong. I might get some fresh air though…” Trent responds. Adam smiles sympathetically, but stays to look after the booth.

The cries and cheers die down as Trent heads out into the cool evening - the sun is just a slither on the horizon now, but the boardwalk is lit with neon and streetlamps, under which - on the wall overlooking the beach - Trent spies a familiar figure. He heads on over to it, and takes a seat on the wall.

Lance looks up to him, “Oh, it’s you.”

“Yep,” Trent responds, looking out across the dark water. “Me again.”

“Do you always interrupt people like this?”

“Nah, mostly I like to start conversations by jumping on folk instead,” he says it without a hint of a smile, which in turn causes a small one to break out on Lance’s face. “I can leave if you want me to, I just thought I’d come check on you.”

“Well, now you have.” Lance says matter-of-factly.

“How come I haven’t seen you around before?” Trent asks, ignoring the bluntness of his last comment.

“Because I haven’t been around. I’m Aj’s cousin, he thought this would be a good chance for me to meet people, ‘cause I’ll be transferring to your college in the fall,” Lance explains.

“And I guess you feel like a bit of a stranger, gotcha.”

“It’s fine. I’m fine. It all just gets a bit…”

“Like the oxygen in the room has been replaced by testosterone?” Trent asks.

“Yeah. Kinda like that.”

“I know the feeling.”

“You?” Lance’s eyes boggle as he looks at him, “Sorry, it's just… look at you. You’re gigantic! I really don’t think you get the feeling at all.”

“Well, I’ve not always been this big,” Trent shifts uncomfortably.  “I was 5’10” this time last year.”

Lance is almost dazed as he lets that number sink in, but then he shrugs.

“This is that B-852 stuff, huh?”

“You’ve heard of it?”

“Yeah, AJ mentioned. Got a couple of inches out of it himself, but nothing like you guys. How’d you find it?”

“Um…. strange. My start with it wasn’t exactly… orthodox. The last few months I’ve enjoyed the effects a lot more, but I dunno…”

“You don’t know what?”

Trent sighs uncomfortably. “I don’t know if I’d have been happier without it. I’ve gained a lot, learned about myself, but I’ve lost a lot too. Lost people I cared about. I’ve what I’ve been through… I’m happy where I am, but if I was given the chance to take it all back, I don’t know what I’d do.”

“Oh.” Lance chews on Trent’s words for a few moments before concluding, “You’re crazy.”

“Excuse me?”

“You’re sitting there with so much, literally one of the biggest men on the planet. More than I could possibly dream for, and you’re second-guessing it?” Lance demands, dumbfounded. “You realize AJ only grew, like, 3 inches with it right?”

“I’ve been incredibly lucky, I get that-”

“And I can’t even get hold of any now, they’ve really cracked down on distribution. I’m gonna be stuck feeling so small around people like you.” Lance complains.

“I mean, I might be able to help with that.” Lance perks up at this comment, but Trent continues, “But I don’t know that it’ll help.”

“What do you mean?”

“I’m happy enough with my size. It can be… fun. But my friends… I don’t like them because of their size, and they don’t like me for it either. I like them because of the people they are. I like Adam for his positivity, I like his girlfriend, Brie, for her honesty. Hell, I know a guy who’s 5’3” and straight-up the ballsiest person I’ve ever met. I, er - like him too.” Trent feels a little insecure about divulging the things he likes Aiden for.

“That’s all very well and good, coming from Mr 7ft over here. You already have everything.” Lance argues.

“How tall are you?” Trent demands, bluntly.

“6 foot 6…”

“6’6”!” Trent exclaims, leaping to the beach in front of them, his head now level with Lance’s as he turns back. “You’re 6 and a half feet tall and you don’t think you’re big enough? Can’t you see how fucked that is?”

He points up at the bar, where the occasional crash of laughter still carries down to them, even at this distance.

“You wanna see where that kind of thinking gets you? Go take a look. It isn’t pretty. I am intensely proud of the gains I’ve made, I am more than happy to show off the hard work I’ve put in - but seriously, man, my existence can’t stop you loving yourself.” He leans against the wall, closer to Lance. “You are tall. You are fit. You are gorgeous. And you can’t let people like that tell you otherwise.”

Lance sits a little stunned, looking at the bearded face of the giant just inches from him. He can smell his aftersun.

“Um - what was that last one?”

Trent catches himself, aware of the intimacy of the position his put himself in, but doesn’t want to call attention to it by pulling away. He blushes, answers dumbly “You can’t let people tell you otherwise?”

“No. You think I’m gorgeous?” Lance fidgets with his fingers.

“Oh. Yes? I mean, yes. I do.” Trent responds.

“I mean, it’s obvious, but - I think you are too.” Lance says, his eyes breaking contact with Trent’s.

Trent pauses. It was obvious? Why would it be obvious? But as his brain creaks into gear to try and keep up with what his heart is already screaming at him, he eventually leans in, and kisses the boy.

It isn’t a particularly good kiss. Both are clumsy and uncertain - but fortunately, they have plenty of time to put that right, as another follows, and then ten more. An indeterminate amount of time passes before they both come up for air, regarding each other with mirrored, goofy smiles.

“Do you, uh… want to go somewhere more comfortable than a wall?” Lance asks.

“Yeah… yeah I think I’d like that a lot,” Trent responds, and they head out on the path across the cliffs, back to the deserted beach huts.

Neither of them notice the tall figure watching them leave from where he stands outside the bar.

-----------------------

The next few days are everything Trent had hoped the vacation would be and more. He spends most of the days out with Adam and the boys, one day venturing out along the coast, another renting a boat to take them out and around the bay. And all the while snatching glimpses of Lance. The two don’t spend much time together during daylight hours, but when the sunsets, and people’s attentions are split by alcohol and other plans, it’s easy for the two of them to steal away and not be missed. 

On the fourth day, though, they manage to steal some alone time on the beach. Someone had mentioned the idea of a bonfire, and somewhere along the line, half of everyone on the boardwalk had been invited. The boys set about it like a military operation, with Adam acting as general - some of them drove to the local store for food and booze, some of them were making preparations back by the beach huts, and some of them sent beachcombing. It wouldn’t be much of a campfire without wood to burn, and Trent had been selected as chief pack mule for the further pieces of driftwood that could be found.

“Are we hanging out again when it all dies down?” Lance asks.

“Obviously,” Trent grins back to him, as another log is piled on the stack in his arms, “Although, you know I wouldn’t mind hanging out during. I’m not ashamed of you.”

Lance blushes, but smiles, “I’m not ashamed either! It’s just… people are bound to talk, and I kinda like it just being… us, you know?”

“Yeah, I do too,” Trent agreed. This was new ground for him. His experience of men so far had been Aiden, and a couple of his friends. But it was all very transactional - above board, and everyone knew what they were in for, but it was just sex with no strings. Lance was different. He actually felt something for him and he thought - he hoped - that the feeling was mutual.

The two chatted and enjoyed the time in the sun together, until it was almost time for the party. They went to their separate huts to shower and change for the night, but as Trent steps out into evening air, looking for either Lance or Adam, he finds he’s instantly called away.

“Yo, Trent! Big guy!” AJ calls, half-jogging up to him, “Could you give us a hand?”

“Sure, what do you need?”

“Some of the guys from over the other side of the bay drove over, but their car’s a heap of crap and gave out. A bunch of us are going over to help push them the rest of the way. Could really use someone like you, buddy!” he explained.

AJ was always sort of… present. He was one of the mainstays of the group, and Trent was pretty sure he was one of the guys who organized this whole thing. He really ought to give him more time, and get to know him, Trent thought; particularly in light of who his cousin is.

A bunch of them head out up to the road, and one or two have the common sense to bring torches. The car itself is about half a mile along the road, an old 90s era Ford that had clearly not been taken care of.

“Sorry about this boys - but the trunk’s full of liquor, drinks are on us when we get there!” The driver, a short man with a little surfer goatee says, as his friends get out to assist in the push.

They weren’t needed. As the guys pile around the back of the vehicle, it becomes obvious that most of them are waiting for Trent to take a central position, before two or three others flank him and brace to push.

“Alright, boys, on three… one, two, push!” AJ calls, and the car rolls forward. 

The first ten or so paces go with a hitch. Then he notices AJ gawping at him, before he calls over to the guys on the other side.

“Hey, are either of you actually moving this thing at all?” He asks, and they shake their heads in response.

Trent is confused at first, but it dawns on him as one by one, they each let go of the vehicle. There’s no change to the reasonably light weight he feels; he’d been pushing solo the entire time. His first instinct is to play it off, or try and apologize - but then he reasoned, why should he? The looks he gets are of total awe, and for once, he decides to enjoy it.

“Hey, driver - why don’t you put your foot down, see what this baby can do, huh?”

He picks up the pace, walking faster before it becomes a light jog, much to the joy of the guys watch. They hoot and holler as he picks up more and more speed, forcing them to run alongside him. For the very last stretch, he breaks out into a full sprint, leaving all but a couple of the more agile guys in his dust, despite pushing a full vehicle along the road. This winds him a little - but not as much as he thought it would have.

“Fucking hell dude - you wanna replace my engine full time? You’re a damn sight more reliable!” The driver says, jumping out of the car and coming to shake his hand. He pops open the trunk and, true to his word, starts passing out bottles, starting with Trent. Once everyone has something, he raises his glass. “To giant dude! The only man I’ve ever met with more horsepower than a ‘90 Ford Aerostar!”

The others laugh, but join in with the call of “To giant dude!”

---------------------------

Trent is in a good mood as he returns down to the beach for the party, flanked by the others who’d gone to the car. The sun has now set, and the red light of the bonfire casts long shadows over the sand. A couple of guys he recognizes keep watch over the flames, but the place is crowded with people he doesn’t know. It takes him a while to find anyone, and when he does his stomach lurches.

On a makeshift bench, made from a large piece of driftwood, sits Lance. And, his arm draped over him and muttering something in his ear is Sebastian. Seb looks kind of red in the face, and judging by the amount of empties next to him, has good reason to be. Lance looks in pain - whether it’s from the literal weight of the giant leaning on him or the things being said, Trent isn’t clear, but he doesn’t care. He strides forward.

“Get your fucking hands off him,” he demands.

Seb looks up at him, a nasty smile breaking across his face, those his eyes are clearly unfocussed.

“Ah! Here he is, Casanova himself. Me and lover boy have just been catching up. Who’d have thought you had it in you!” Seb says, not moving away.

“I told you to get your hands off him.”

Trent repeats through gritted teeth. Seb looks around, as people start to take notice. It is after all, what he wanted. Trent knew it. If he was the agitator there was plausible deniability. But right now, it didn’t matter. There was a sandy haired man who he’d loved spending the last few days with, and there was no way in hell he was going to let Seb take that away from him.

Seb stands, but doesn’t move, rolling his shoulders as he looks down at Trent.

“Oh… and what are you gonna do if I don’t, faggot?”

Trent sees red, as he strides forwards and pushes Sebastian back with all his strength. It manages to knock him back a step or two, and the alcohol adds another for good measure, but the smile on Seb’s face never leaves. His eyes though: there’s murder in them.

There’s shouts from the group of guys around them, and over the din he hears someone yell about going to get Adam, but none of them try to intervene. Trent didn't blame them. Barely any of them even reached his chin.. He was pretty sure he could handle anybody here with ease, and he shuddered to think what Seb might be capable of.

Trent almost finds out for himself as a huge arm comes swinging over him, but despite his own bulk he's able to nimbly dodge out of the way. Then comes another, and Trent feels the displaced air from it against his face. It isn't until the third swing misses that Trent begins to interrogate that wild look in Seb's eyes. It's not just anger there; it's uncertainty. And then it dawns on him. Sebastian has never done this before.

Back before the drug had changed his life, Seb was 5'8", slim, lithe. He was toned from cardio, but soft and weak. How many fights had he ever gotten into, Trent reasoned? And since then - well, his growth had been explosive. He'd shot up in height, piled on weight, easily becoming the biggest person on campus within a couple of months and he just got bigger. Nobody in their right mind would want to pick a fight with Big Seb. And so nobody did.

Which is why his punches are so lame, Trent thinks. He's never actually punched anyone, and the only reason he's fighting me now is he's drunk and angry.

Trent, on the other hand, had practically grown up fighting. He was on every sports team he could get onto in highschool, he spent his life around other jocks, and he'd done everything from play fighting, to wrestling, to out-and-out brawling. Sebastian was nothing like them; he was a titan, a contender for the title of largest person to exist, bigger than Trent in every way. So fucking what? Trent had been beating down guys bigger than him his entire life.

As Seb's next lunge comes in, Trent ducks underneath his arm and moves closer. He delivers a kick to Seb's calf that knocks him down onto one knee, but Trent isn't done. Using the momentum of his kick he winds back, and as Seb's face drops closer to the floor, Trent lands an uppercut square on his jaw. The crack from the blow is earsplitting, echoed by a low "Oooh!" from the assembled spectators. Seb howls with pain and spits blood before sprawling his arms forward in an attempt to grab the smaller man, but Trent is too quick for him. He's already on his feet and out of reach of the giant.

"You wanna call it quits?" he taunts. Seb's roar of anger tells him it was effective.

Sebastian charges forward at him once again, but the lunge is easy enough to sidestep. From next to him, Trent places one arm on Seb and leaps, his powerful calves propelling him into the air. Seb turns to look at him, and lifts an arm to try and shield himself: too late. As Trent descends, he hammers another punch down on Seb, this time connecting with his nose. It bursts with blood, and Seb instinctively raises his hands to his face, which gives Trent yet another opening. He lands and dives forward, lifting his knee high to connect with Seb's stomach. As powerful as his abs may be, Trent is stronger. The air leaves Seb's lungs as he doubles over, shaking with a mix of rage, humiliation, and pain.

The crowd looks on in stunned silence, first at the broken titan, then at the god of a man who brought him to heel. Trent pays them no mind. Judging his former friend to be done, he simply says "Clean yourself up and get to bed," before turning away.

He sees Lance watching in shock, and opens his mouth to ask if he’s okay. Before he leaves the light of the campfire, however, there's the sound of breaking glass and cries of "No!" from behind him. Trent turns, too late, to see Seb bearing down on him with a broken bottle pointed to his neck, murderous intent still in his eyes.

"Argh!"

A huge shape bolts from the shadows the moment before Seb could reach him, one hand going to Seb's wrist, the rest of his equally huge form intent on tackling the man to the floor. Adam collides with Sebastian with all the force of a eighteen wheeler, and the two fly a good eight feet before landing heavily on the sand, the glass bottle skittering away from them. Seb groans in pain, but Adam is on him, hands going to the lapels of his shirt.

"You listen here, you treacherous piece of shit; you aren't welcome here. You aren't welcome anywhere. And if I catch you trying to lay your grubby hands on any of my friends, I will put you the fuck down. Am I clear?"

Seb can do nothing but cough in response.

"I'll take that as a yes. Now get the fuck away from me, before I do it anyway."

Seb is released and staggers to his feet, swaying as he clutches his face with one hand and his side with another. He leaves the light of the fire, and Trent watches as he heads up the coastal path and is swallowed by the dark of the night. 

• Like 20
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, HawkShark said:

Loving the way the story is progressing. If I had to make any notes, it'd be nice to get some additional description of their sizes, beyond just their height/weight. Like just what does a 7'4" guys arms look like? I'm sure they're lean and vascular but like competition lean? Etc. I'm sure their forearms are bigger than the average mans thigh, but a little more explanation on the challenges that poses would be nice. I loved the inclusion of the custom van too!

Honestly, really fair point. It's a part of my writing that I know needs work - descriptions in general, actually.

I feel most comfortable with dialogue, followed by action, but fall short a little of my own expectations with the descriptive work. To a point, there' s a thematic reason for it - after a while, size just becomes a number, an loses meaning for Trent, who instead finds growth through other means. But it's a cheat; a crutch I'm leaning on whilst trying to improve those elements.

• Like 4

The momentum is finally here.

Seb's pride was hurt and he wanted to do teh same. It's incredibly sad how he changed and what eh became after he and Trent were "good" friends.

This experience thought Trent to be a better man and to be accountable of your own doings while Seb just wanted revenge and he has lost friends and people that loved him. The people he once help is agains him cause of his vendetta agains Trent.

• Like 2

It also gives some insight as to how each of them treat the gains they were given.  Trent and Adam, and i would assume Brie and Abbie probably don't take the gains for granted and have continued to train and maintain.  Seb on the otherhand may just be riding the coattails of his new size.  Has Seb also been training even after losing Trent and Adam as friends?  If not, does the formula wear off?  What would happen to Seb if he hadn't continued to work for his gains?

• Like 1

This chapter was incredible.  Was that a simple feat of strength?  I loved it!

Seb as always being a nasty asshole.  It's good to see Trent more confident, cool, discovering true love, making new friends and growing into a good person (I'm not talking about the physical size).

I know it's not long before the end, but I would really like to see Trent and Adam a lot, much bigger physically.  Seb needs to be buried for good and only Trent being much bigger for that to happen.  

Anyway... I love this series!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, ploder4 said:

It also gives some insight as to how each of them treat the gains they were given.  Trent and Adam, and i would assume Brie and Abbie probably don't take the gains for granted and have continued to train and maintain.  Seb on the otherhand may just be riding the coattails of his new size.  Has Seb also been training even after losing Trent and Adam as friends?  If not, does the formula wear off?  What would happen to Seb if he hadn't continued to work for his gains?

I'm always a little uncomfortable at looking at things through the lens of "effort". There's a way of thinking a lot of folk subscribe to, that anything wrong in your life can be fixed with hard work and effort. There's an element of truth to it - working hard can of course be rewarding. But most of the time, it's used as a stick to beat anyone who hasn't "succeeded" by whatever metric. Don't like your situation? Stop complaining and work harder. Pull yourself up by your bootstraps!

But of course, that phrase was originally coined to show how ridiculous the concept of just telling someone to "work harder" can be  - you physically cannot pull yourself up by your bootstraps. Likewise, the merit of hard work is offset by the conditions the individual finds themselves in, for good and for ill.

People who have advantages that put them into positions of power leverage this, citing good ol' elbow grease as the reason why people with less resources, contacts, money, or opportunities do worse than they do. Take Seb: he knows that Trent hasn't taken any of the magic drug in Chapter 2, but he blames Trent's lack of effort for it anyway. The others buy it because it's a story that sells. It didn't matter how hard Trent worked because the playing field wasn't level. Like, if you were to start a business, you could run yourself into the floor, but you'll always be miles behind the guy with a small $1 million loan from his dad, or the guy whose parents owned an emerald mine.

Completely random examples there.

If you read size and strength in the story as a substitute for status, influence and power, you're pretty much on track - but I'm not focused on how it's gained, rather how it's used. Seb abuses power in every possible way. He seeks to deny it and to take it from others, he exerts it over so called friends and loved ones. He threatens people, throws his weight around, but he still succeeds. He is a tall, strong, rich, mvp.

Trent is denied power in such a traumatic way that he's able to better see the pitfalls of power. He struggles and works for what he has, and he's always behind Sebastian - but it doesn't matter to him, because he can clearly see what he's achieved. He's not rich, he's not as strong, he doesn't have a career lined up for him - so what does he have to show for it?

Since the breakdown in Chapter 3, Sebastian has been alone. There's been people for him to use or show off to, but there's been nobody meaningful for him. Whereas Trent has been gaining experiences, friends, a budding romance. He has integrity. Trent's victory over Seb in this Chapter isn't because he's the stronger man. He isn't. But he has more experience, friends to back him up when it turns nasty, and above all something to fight for. The win wasn't a physical one; it was an ideological one.

Sorry, I didn't mean to pile all that on. Your comment really got me thinking, and it hopefully builds some insight into how I see the story.

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

I understand completely.  And I also mentioned that Trent has friends.  Trent has a good strong support system behind him which is part of that work and effort.  Seb has or will be left with little to none I assume.   Adam has been pushing Trent to lift bigger and vice versa.  Trent is seen more and more as a mentor and a hero.  Trent is genuine.  Both Adam and Trent as well as the others worked to renew friendships and be supportive to much success.   Whereas Seb's group will always be temporary and Seb will remain empty unless he learns there are other way to be the big man.

Edited by ploder4
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, Littlerjim said:

Honestly, really fair point. It's a part of my writing that I know needs work - descriptions in general, actually.

I feel most comfortable with dialogue, followed by action, but fall short a little of my own expectations with the descriptive work. To a point, there' s a thematic reason for it - after a while, size just becomes a number, an loses meaning for Trent, who instead finds growth through other means. But it's a cheat; a crutch I'm leaning on whilst trying to improve those elements.

Well goddamn having read Ch6, you definitely know your strengths. I loved the action scene, it was sublime. The budding romance is very exciting, and it's also great to see that while Seb may be taller, huge, etc in the ways that really matter he's remained small. I agree it wouldn't make sense for Trent to focus on his 'stats', the discussion about Lance's height only emphasizes that. The only point where Trent seems impressed with himself is when pushing that truck. That could've been a good moment for an introspective self description. 

Also just a side note I love that B-852 isn't consistently effective, having to this point really only heard of the phenomenal success that Seb, Trent, and Adam had with it. Since you've made it pretty clear it's not a simple effort thing, it leaves the reader to wonder much more. 

Re: Lance I wanna say again their convo about growth was incredibly good dialogue. A 6'6'' giant among regular men acting like a sad puppy as though he hadn't won the genetic lottery already. Trent's efforts to make him understand size isn't a panacea or secret to happiness was heartwarming as hell.

Either way I'm here for more, and loving every word. 

• Like 2

Trent is becoming more at ease with himself; his personal growth has done him a world of good. He hasn’t quite yet broken free of Seb, though that process has begun - while undesirable, sometimes violence is necessary (with someone like Seb) as part of that process. 

• Like 1