Muscle Lads, Inc.

muscleaddict

I'm scratching my head wondering how the "Inc." part is going to come in.  Will this gang incorporate as a bodybuilding gym?  Or a supplement company"  Or maybe a hands-on muscle worship service???

• Like 1

1 hour ago, crushme99 said:

I'm scratching my head wondering how the "Inc." part is going to come in.  Will this gang incorporate as a bodybuilding gym?  Or a supplement company"  Or maybe a hands-on muscle worship service???

Erm...it doesn't! 😳 I just thought it was a good name for a story. 😅 I thought of a few options, mostly quite similar. Big Lads, Inc. was one - and I also considered just Big Lads. Muscle Lads, Etc. was another recent one but I kept coming back to Muscle Lads, Inc. Most of the people I spoke to about it liked that option too.

It's also a bit of a nod back to my old Muscle Addicts Inc blog.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, muscleaddict said:

Erm...it doesn't! 😳 I just thought it was a good name for a story. 

Well now I am sorely disappointed.  I was going to buy a large number of shares in "Muscle Lads Hands-On Muscle Worship Service, Inc."

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Man I can relate with Nick sooo much!  My parents also "don't get" the whole bodybuilding thing, haha.  And I would be super shy around Alfie too. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 5/27/2023 at 4:56 AM, muscleaddict said:

“Oh - I should warn you, though. There IS a small initiation,” I tease Nick. “If you wanna be a Muscle Factory boy.” 

Honestly, who DOESN’T want to be a Muscle Factory boy?! And the mind reels with thoughts about Nick’s initiation.

You really know how to leave a reader wanting more at the end of a chapter. Might have to reread Chapter One for a little satisfaction at this point, though as hot as that pairing was, Nick and Allie already are generating some heat fully clothed.  And the promise of handsome Danny, contest ready, all in the same flat? …🥵

Lovely work as always, CJ. Shaping up to be one of your best. I may have to stop reading until more chapters post.  The anticipation is seriously  distracting and your cliffhangers are leaving me in a state.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, dredlifter said:

Man I can relate with Nick sooo much!  My parents also "don't get" the whole bodybuilding thing, haha.  And I would be super shy around Alfie too. 

My parents definitely wouldn't get it either, mate! In fact, I think they'd be pretty horrified by the sight of me on stage, bronzed and shredded in nothing but shiny pink trunks. (Sorry, mum! 🫣🤭) Does that mean the polo shirts stay at home when you visit for the holidays? 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, brawnygods said:

Honestly, who DOESN’T want to be a Muscle Factory boy?! And the mind reels with thoughts about Nick’s initiation.

You really know how to leave a reader wanting more at the end of a chapter. Might have to reread Chapter One for a little satisfaction at this point, though as hot as that pairing was, Nick and Allie already are generating some heat fully clothed.  And the promise of handsome Danny, contest ready, all in the same flat? …🥵

Lovely work as always, CJ. Shaping up to be one of your best. I may have to stop reading until more chapters post.  The anticipation is seriously  distracting and your cliffhangers are leaving me in a state.

Thank you for this brilliant feedback, mate. I'm really chuffed you're enjoying it so far! 😊 I'm pretty sure I'd be a Muscle Factory boy too, partly because I think I'd be too scared to go to Panthers. I really love the idea of people getting to the end of a chapter and wanting and looking forward to reading more because I love those stories/books where you just *have* to read the next chapter. I'd class that as a big win, mate! 

I'm going to try and get a couple of chapters posted this week so hopefully you won't have to wait too long for the next one.

P.S. The fact you're referring to the end of this one as a cliffhanger also makes me excited for when the real cliffhangers arrive. 😏

• Like 2

2 hours ago, muscleaddict said:

My parents definitely wouldn't get it either, mate! In fact, I think they'd be pretty horrified by the sight of me on stage, bronzed and shredded in nothing but shiny pink trunks. (Sorry, mum! 🫣🤭) Does that mean the polo shirts stay at home when you visit for the holidays? 

Polo shirts are fine because I'm covered up.  

My parents just recently found out I'm competing.  The rest of my family has been super supportive so they've kinda become a lot more ok with it.  Which is good. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, dredlifter said:

My parents just recently found out I'm competing.  The rest of my family has been super supportive so they've kinda become a lot more ok with it.  Which is good. 

In past years I assisted with photo-video work covering many shows in our NPC district here in the USA.  While I was still on the "outside" in many regards, I did get plugged in enough to appreciate some of the struggles, sacrifices, and intense dedication which competitors must bring to the stage.  There are times when competitors get no support on the home front, but have to face active opposition instead.  How much additional pressure that must bring to an already intense lifestyle.  Just because a person doesn't completely understand bodybuilding, why not still offer support for a loved one or friend who is so dedicated to it?  I feel really sorry for hard-working guys (and gals) who should have support and encouragement and not have to  battle with opposition.

• Like 5

19 hours ago, dredlifter said:

Polo shirts are fine because I'm covered up.  

Yeah, but I've seen what your arms look like in those polo shirts! I'm glad you've got a good support system around you though, mate and it sounds like your parents are coming around to the idea too.

• Like 3