goremeridian

The leader of the resistence is gonna turn into one of those guys isn't he? I hope not, those big guys are such giant bullies. ='( And if he would change than I hope EVERYONE changes with him. It would be so sad to see any little guy be pretty much killed in this story. ='(

• Upvote 2

Great story maybe the leader of the resistance needs a workout...plenty of small dudes around to help with that.  I agree it would be bad if any of them get snuffed.  The resistance needs to rise up somehow against those HUGE nasty bullies that tie any of those small dudes up in a lamp post.  Thanks for continuing this story, you are doing great.  :D

• Upvote 1

Damn, it's getting better and better!

Cannot wait to read if Lewis will be able to worship and measure Adams massive boulder-sized biceps... :wub:

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

I love the story so far! I just finished a physics minor, and I want the story to keep up the momentum, so here's some techno-babble, in hopes that it provides some inspiration or authenticity, or something (although I have no idea if you need it.) Mostly I wanted to geek out, if I'm honest.

-There are three main types of radiation: alpha, beta, and gamma. Alpha is the most energetic, but the least penatrating; your dead skin cells are enough to block them. They are composed of helium-4 nuclei (2 protons & 2 neutrons) and are only dangerous (usually) when inhaled, injected, consumed, etc. sources that emit them. Also, they are positively charged but have a lot of momentum (relatively speaking) so they can't be "bent" away easily. Beta rays are like alpha rays. They are slightly more penetrating (think a few inches under the skin) but less energetic, & composed of electrons. Also, they are negitively charged and much easier to direct (through charge). Gamma rays are massless, chargeless, and composed of high energy photons. They can penetrate super easily, which is good and bad, since it means you are less likely to be affected but stopping them is SUPER hard (like several feet of solid lead hard).

- Rayleigh scattering is why the sky is blue, and is related to the polarity (direction) of the sun's light.

-The emission spectrum of the sun is a common high-school-level physics experiment, and can determine what the sun is composed of.

-Gamma ray bursts are basically giant death lasers... in space... that occur naturally.

-Human DNA is far from perfect. Look up junk DNA or retroviruses. Also, DNA like a set of instructions buried in a bunch of gibberish and spam. I've hear humans share about half the DNA with a banana, and over 99% with chimps, but I have no idea if that is true or not.

-Zeta is the sixth out of the 24 letters in the greek alphabet, after alpha, beta, gamma, delta, and epsilon.

Hope at least some of this is useful and/or relevant. Sorry if it was just annoying, or if I got anything wrong.

• Upvote 2

Wow, thanks Ssddwwee2! I don't have a background in hard science so I appreciate some of the info...though I might pick and choose what I use (as this is science fiction so I figure I can bend the rules a little ;)) More coming soon, guys!

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...