Camp Myosin Part 1

MuscleMan166

Well after being a lurker for so long on the old forum, i believe that now is a good time to post the first of many stories on the new forum.  Please tell me what you think of this, because i got other parts in the works.

Camp Myosin Part 1

Day 1

I can’t believe they have me doing a journal for my time here in this camp.  I should probably say who I am.  My name’s Rick and I just finished high school.  I didn’t want to go to college right away like some of those other guys, but I didn’t want to spend the year doing nothing.  In my last month of high school, I came across this flyer for a summer camp that said, “Guys Needed, Must Be 18 Years or Older”.  I thought what better to spend my first summer done with school than to get a job for the summer as a counselor.

I didn’t really have any plans for the summer, no friends to hang with since they all want to get ready for college, so I quickly applied to the camp.  So a day after my high school graduation, I was already on a bus headed towards the camp.  This camp must be really popular to work at, because at the time I saw about 23 other guys going to the same camp for the job.  I knew I was a cinch to get it, because I was lean and somewhat strong, not like the jocks at my school, but give me two weeks of serious abdominal training and you would see some semblance of abs on me.  Some of the guys on the bus were lean like I was, but there was the occasional skinny guy, like you would see bones on him, and there was one guy who was fat, that you would think he played video games and never played a sport.

We got to the campgrounds about 7 hours later; it was perfect so that I wouldn’t be embarrassed by my parents visiting to see me, they’re too busy to schedule the time.  The area looked great, it was a large field surrounded by big trees, a lake nearby, and in the distance you could see what looked like to be an obstacle course.  There were four cabins a good 20 yards apart, a communal shower and toilet facility, a mess hall, a nurse’s office and another building that looked like to be some kind of office/living quarters for the employees.  Judging by the four small cabins, not a lot of us would get the job; probably less than half of us would stay, or so I thought.  I saw the camp sign nearby and tried to see it what it said, but it was so old-looking I could only make out “Camp Myo…”.  I thought it was probably something “Native American” as it was the norm with some of these camps.

It was then I got the first shock of the day, the guy that greeted us looked enormous.  He looked like he lives at the gym everyday and I couldn’t believe the clothes he had on looked loose.  His face was that of a model, with some scruff on his chin to add that rugged look and the tan means he must have spent a lot of time outdoors.  I could tell that I was not the only one shocked, looking at the gaping faces of the other people.

He introduced himself as Matt and welcomed us to the camp, and then he directed us to the mess hall so that we can go through orientation and meet with the camp director.  All of us grabbed our stuff and started walking to the mess hall and already I heard some people whispering, “That guy must use steroids” and “Meathead”.  We all sat in the mess hall, and I was partly hoping to get the orientation over with, so I can do the interview and get this job.  It was when the second shock of the day occurred, when we saw the other employees

Besides Matt, there were five other guys on the stage and they were built similarly, if not bigger than Matt.  It looked like one of those bodybuilder shows that the jocks at my school talked about and they certainly looked like them.  Especially the last guy that walked up on stage, he was bigger than the other employees, he looked way bigger than that bodybuilder I saw a picture of in my school gym that the jocks were showing around, the one that said “Big Ramy.”  His black hair was stylized like that Frank West guy from Dead Rising, wearing sunglasses and somehow wearing clothes that didn’t look tight on them, must have cost a fortune.  He introduced himself as Dan and that he was the camp director and said “Welcome to Camp Myosin.”  I overheard a geeky guy sitting behind me and said, “Obviously it would be called that, look at them, should have just called it ‘Camp Muscle’.”

Dan went on to introduced the other employees that we would get to know.  He reintroduced us to Matt and that he was the lifeguard, obvious since he looked like he stepped out of that Baywatch show.  The next man he introduced was a blond hair guy with glasses and said his name was Kyle and that he’s the nurse, amazing he found the time to go to the gym and medical school at the same time.  Dan then introduced the next guy, who looked gruff as he had a full beard and probably was Hispanic, and his name was Jorge and that he was the recreations guy, this guy was second biggest, after the camp director.  The next guy looked big, but had a roid gut, either that or he ate too much; Dan introduced the brown-haired, clean shaven guy as Gustav and that he would run the mess hall, obvious he would run that looking at his stomach.  Finally the last guy Dan introduced was dark-haired like he was but shorter and not as muscular, probably the least muscular out of the 6 guys, and that his name was Aiden and that he was the janitor, seriously a guy that built hired to clean up our messes!

After the introductions were made, Dan announced the third shock of the day, we weren’t here as counselors, all of us 24 guys were here as campers.  A lot of us groaned at the fact, but Dan just cough and we were all paying attention to him again.  He said that we were just a trial run, and that we would be paid to see if this camp was good enough to be a franchise.  He wanted us to experiment as campers and then next summer, send us off to other campsites as new counselors across the country.  I was happy at that thought that I get paid for being at this camp and that I could have the chance to travel.

Dan then handed us each a piece of paper and this journal, he told us that we have to write down each week starting today, about our experiences at camp for survey work and the paper he gave us was our appointment time to meet with Kyle to get our physical and blood work done tomorrow.  Dan said that we can sleep in whatever cabin we like to for tonight and that they’ll make proper assignments for us at the end of tomorrow.  We all left the mess hall ad chose whatever cabin we wanted, I took the far right one and took one of the six beds available and put my stuff away.  Then I spent the rest of the day playing basketball with the guys, before we were called into the mess hall for dinner.

The food looked weird, but with Gustav doing the cooking, I assumed it was some European dish.  I took a bite thinking it was gross, but it tasted better than I expected.  Never judge a book by its cover, huh?  I was able to eat my fill and Jorge said that it was time to sleep.  We all returned to our cabins to go to bed, but I thought it would be a good time to write in this journal before sleeping.  Now that I have written my experience down, I feel that being at this camp isn’t so bad and I can’t wait for tomorrow.

G’night Jounral.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 13

I really loved the premise and you have great storytelling skills. I hope you have fun writing the rest of this excellent tale!

Thanks for sharing your work,

Cheers!

• Upvote 1

*blushes* well thank you for the compliments, the ideas were in my head and just needed out, I looked at a bunch of stories to see what I could do, some of which were some of yours muscl4life

Thank you for telling me this, Trust me, I know that it can be really frustrating to have all this scenes, ideas and dialogues in our heads, playing over and over. Organizing them in a story, build structure, giving sense to the flow of the scenes and still having to come up the right cliffhangers to keep interest is quite an overwhelming job. Just make sure you have fun and stay loyal to your tastes and fantasies.

The best part, however, is when you get to inspire others to share their own fantasies as well  B)

Most important is to keep up the great work!

Cheers

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...