The Manchester Trial, Chapter 1: Prologue

LAComplex

The Manchester Trial

DISCLAIMER: Since I'm not an english native speaker, this is the very first story I upload on the internet. As such, I believe it's far from being perfect but I truly want to give it a try, to see if some peoples might share - and maybe enjoy - my fantasies. I would greatly appreciate feedback, of any kind.

SUMMARY: Mr Clarke's life took an unexpected turn a few weeks ago when he met Illya, a young jock who was aspiring to get even bigger. Their common endeavor brought the teenager to reach unfathomable size and to direly affect his neighborhood. Yet, as he kept on growing endlessly our modern lifestyle is now at stake. Today is the day where everything will come to an end, or where everything will begin. As new stakeholders with unknown capabilities are entering the play field, forecasting the future has never been so hard... 

Chapter 1: Prologue

I was awoken by the sharp sound of my cheap alarm-clock. I brought it to a state of silence and opened my eyes, trying to get myself out of my sleepy state. I used to be a morning guy, often up before my alarm-clock had time to ring, but that was before, before meeting Illya and before my life - and the life of many others - completely changed. Dazed, I couldn’t quite guess where I was… I wasn’t in my bedroom, that was for sure. The fear of having been abducted started to settle; after all I was Illya closest friend - many people were seeing me as his coach - it wouldn’t be a surprise if the army wanted me to help them stop him or if I had been taken by a group whom wasn’t really in love with him. I then remembered that my house had been destroyed two days ago, when Illya celebrated breaking the 2000 metric tons weight barrier… My house was then ankle high to him (not that it was a big house, it was a single story flat roof small building that I was renting for almost nothing) and he just squatted on it, while reminding me how small it was. Indeed, the whole house fitted under his butt and it was a wreck as soon as he let all his tremendous weight push on the house. He didn’t even had to move a finger, it was just gone under his weight… I remember being in shock and trying to recover a few thing after. We had then been moved to a camp specially created for him. He was now known all around the world and sponsors were financing for everything he needed. The camp had been constructed over a single night, with a large field for him to sleep in and barracks to host the staff who was making his food and taking care of him. At first the army thought that it would be a way to keep him in place, but it soon appeared not to be the case. Yesterday he went parading along Manchester City, wreaking havoc - even if he didn’t wanted to - and putting a show that soon was more viewed than Neil Armstrong’s landing on the Moon. 

I must admit something: I am not sure about the part where I said that it wasn’t his will; he looked like he quite enjoyed it and as he was growing bigger and bigger he seemed to care less and less for us. But wasn’t that normal? After all, we were ants to him. The nature made it with way, so we should we comply. The fact was that the world was both in awe and terrified by the young titan potential and will to grow. He was 330 feet when he entered the city yesterday, already bigger than most building here and after flexing and parading around he reached a full thousand feet, putting the recently finished Piccadily Tower under his waist. All in all he had tripled his size in a single day putting the cater team, and the local authority, at heavy stress. Truly, I think that yesterday as changed the world’s view on Illya. He wasn’t seen anymore as just a giant teenager, he was now beyond that; he was in fact becoming a God for many - me included. As our views were shifting, his too was changing. I sometime think I have lost the playful Illya yesterday, when he truly reached unfathomable size. However, I must admit I was even more than before in an unabashed worship for him. I cannot stop thinking about him growing endlessly, his body swelling with power as his head skyrocketed in the sky. It was absolutely beautiful and I had been able to witness an event that would make history. Remembering the event from yesterday I was already hard and decided it was time to hit the shower, mostly for rubbing it out. 

So yeah. Here I was, living in a newly-built military camp. It wasn’t too bad I must say. I had a small mobile home for myself (brought by helicopter, nothing less!) with a private bathroom and I didn’t even needed to make my own food: if I want I could ask the cater team to make me something, at any time of the day! On my way to the shower I booted up my computer, hopping to take the time to read my emails or the news after my shower. The water was surprisingly hot. I couldn’t tell if everybody had this privilege on the camp, but it was appreciated. I thought about putting the news to have some image of Illya to rub on, but it was useless. I was living the experience up close, standing usually closer than anybody could dream of. I even had the privilege to be able to ride with him, on his insanely broad shoulders usually. And I could do so without fearing for my life! Well, I was always terrified but Illya had proved me he truly appreciated our friendship. Another reason for me not put the news on was that I was a bit pissed with them lately. Couldn’t they just appreciate his growth? Accept his superiority? It was all about how to contain him, to stop him, etc. Truly annoying. Through his incredible growth I had been offered a few interviews that I declined, apart from one back at the time when he was standing at a mere ten feet. When I was still living in my old house the journalist were ready to do anything to get an interview or to talk to Illya. It was a mess. Now that I had the army with me, that wasn’t much of an issue. The whole base was under heavy control and it was impossible for a journalist, or anyone for that matter, to sneak in. However, I couldn’t know how long it would last. Illya was breaking new record everyday and I had no idea how all of that would end, maybe his growth would end soon maybe not. Since a few days now I was living without caring for tomorrow, without even knowing what it will be made of. And yesterday’s events had proved him that I should be ready to see anything coming from him - including tripling his size or more in a mouthful of minutes. What a change it was from my old boring life of engineer. Rethinking about my first encounter with Illya I came and decided it was time to head out. I was already missing him as I had developed quite an addiction to him over the last few days; I couldn’t stand spending more than a few hours away from him. I put the first clothes that came to me, some of the few I had managed to get out of my crushed house, and rushed to put them on. They were still soaked with the musky smell of the young teenager… What a pleasure was this smell… I didn’t even took the time to read my email - if I had checked them I would have seen that my inbox was full of email from the sponsors and from the press - and quickly got out. A soldier was stationed right outside my trailer, I didn’t know if it was to prevent me from fleeing away or just for my security, and he just greeted me. I waived at him in a hurry, not really caring about that stuff. I couldn’t wait to see Illya. Last time we measured him, right before I went sleeping yesterday, he was towering at a mesmerizing 1017 feet. He had for sure grown a little bit overnight and I couldn’t wait to see him. 

• Upvote 4

• 1 month later...

Damn, how did I miss this one!! Exciting story, dude - it would be terrific if you continued this. Illya needs to get a LOT bigger than 1017 feet, IMHO!