Perfect Boyfriend : Chapter Five

Hialmar

Chapter One is found HERE

Chapter Four is found HERE

Perfect Boyfriend

Chapter Five

The chain of events during the afternoon caused his doubts to return: Perhaps he might have misinterpreted the situation?

After having hidden his a-Pad in a moderately safe place, he bumped into Gútierrez, Mr. FitzFforbes security officer. Before  the experiment, Mike had been smaller than Gútierrez, or so he thought, but now Mike was only slightly taller than Gútierrez, and it was anybody's guess which one of them was heavier. He had a small chat with Gútierrez, hoping, that the latter wasn't looking for his a-Pad. Gútierrez seemed to be a decent bloke, and he had a sort of attractive commanding presence. Despite his newly attained shape, Mike felt inadequate again. By the end of their conversation, Gútierrez winked at him, and left.

When Mike returned to the room with his hospital bed, he was surprised to find another hospital bed there, and Mr. Narushkin-FitzFforbes half-sitting in it, watching the big screen that covered much of the wall facing the beds.

"I didn't expect to find you here."

"We are supposed to eat lunch here, well you are. Dr. Korsakoff want me to drink lunch."

Mr. Narushkin-FitzFforbes lifted a large glass of something that looked like yellow-tinted mineral water or some sort of fizzy pop. 

"The kitchen ask if you prefer chicken or an omelette."

"Uh. Chicken, please."

Mr. Narushkin-FitzFforbes lifted the receiver, pressed a few buttons, and told someone about Mike's lunch choice. Mike returned to his bed, adjusted it to a sitting position, and took a look at Mr. Narushkin-Fitzfforbes choice of entertainment.

"I felt nostalgic. Do you remember that time we told each other how each of us realised our thing for Muscle Growth?"

A CGI animated show for children, teens and young adults was running at the screen. Slowly it dawned ... yes .. he had watched this as a kid. It was ... 

"My memory is returning, I think. Did you like SPACE WAR: RISE OF THE HYPER MARINES and SPACE WAR: MISSION ACCOMPLISHED, too?"

Mr. Narushkin-FitzFforbes laughed. Mike liked the sound of that laughter. More memories were dawning in his mind, returning from the blur ... The laughter of a friend who turned into a boyfriend ... they had watched this together before ... 

Images flashed on the screen. Big men in space armour fought pseudo-crustaceans in space. Big men in space armour returned to base. Without space armour big men looked more built and huge than any bodybuilder in real life, having serious talks with each other or working out together. Mike became horny. 

"Did I like? I have to give Dr. Korsakoff a reprimand for not counteracting your memory loss. Of course I liked it, and we've had this discussion before. It was when we shared childhood memories we actually grew close. I was a SPACE WAR fan to an obsessive degree. Not to mention the spin-off series CAPTAIN HYPER MARINE."

"Oh, yes, CAPTAIN HYPER MARINE! That was so cool. So fire."

Mike restrained himself:

"I'm not supposed to sound like a fourteen year old now when I'm twenty four."

Mr. Narushkin ... no ... BENJY laughed. Laughed deliciously. 

"You can talk as much as you want about SPACE WAR fandom. I had my first orgasm watching the transformation scene in episode two. No touching."

Mike blushed. Mike became hard under the blanket.

That was the moment a woman from kitchen arrived with Mike's lunch. Mike thanked her politely, but he felt less uncomfortable when she closed the door and left. 

"Now when I think about it ...", Benjy said, and pressed the remote control.

When the scene began, Mike recognised it instantly. He didn't remember the details yet, but his intuition told him that something remarkable was going to happen on the screen, and his body remembered better than his mind. His dick remembered, throbbing in anticipation for the story to be told.

A handsome man in uniform and military haircut discussing with a superior officer and a scientist not dissimilar to Dr. Korsakoff. A wide and tall glass cylinder in the background filled with a bubbling green translucent liquid. A metal construction with a ramp and ladders.

"I understand what I have to do, Sir. I'm aware of the danger, Sir, but we are at war, and I know my duty. If this experiment will lead to a tactical advantage, it is my duty to participate. I'm ready to die, but if I survive this, we will have an army of hyper marines. I'm ready to become The Prototype."

The man began to take his uniform shirt off, and revealed a sort of fit swimmer's build. Dog tags dangled from his neck. He threw this shirt nonchalantly behind himself as he walked with some swag in the direction of the glass cylinder and climbed the steel ladder. Two men in hazmat suits put a breathing mask on his nose and mouth. The man saluted the men on the floor and entered the cylinder. The background music sounded like a military brass band playing something that perhaps was variations on the hymn 'Eternal Father strong to save', which also was weaved into the theme tune of the show.

The attention turned to the scientist and the commanding officer. The former pressed buttons, the latter gave a silent nod with a grave facial expression. The attention returned to the glass cylinder and the martial man therein.

The liquid began to bubble. The man spasmed. Green bolts of energy crackled through the cylinder and hit the man's body. He spasmed. He arched. He thrashed blindly with his arms. Closeup on his hands. His GROWING hands. Closeup on his abs. His GROWING sixpack abs.

The superior officer speaking into a mic: "Report, Sergeant Mulligan. Shall we abort?"

And the reply on a crackling line: "Negative, Sir. I'm ready for a higher dose. I know my duty."

A silent nod. The equipment humming louder. The liquid bubbling more intensely. The energy bolts more intense now. A closeup at Sergeant Mulligan's eyes, widening. A roar. The scene enticingly slowly sliding to inspect each part of the growing Sergeant in a manner that could have been a sly wink to the gay segment of the audience.

Enticingly.

Slowly.

Sliding.

Biceps closeup.

Traps and shoulders closeup.

Back closeup, in all its detailed, powerful, SWELLING glory.

Closeup at the growing, full, lush and plump pecs.

Growing.

Full.

Lush.

Plump.

Pecs.

"Sir! Yes, Sir! More! Give me MORE!"

Swole muscle. Bulging muscle. Powerful muscle. Muscle hulking out, except for the Sergeant's shiny boots and camo-patterned trousers, for some unexplained reason. Frantic muscle growth. And yet another close up at the Sergeant's wide open eyes. The brass music reaching a crescendo. Mulligan reaching the final shape so many young boys are familiar with from their favourite toys.

"YES! Able to protect, now! I AM THE PROTOPTYPE!"

The military brass band music faded into the theme of the series while the after texts rolled, and then switched in turn into the Hyper Marine Hymn sung by the Canadian Navy's official choir:

"Almighty ruler of the all

Whose power extends to great and small,

Who guides the stars with steadfast law,

Whose least creation fills with awe -

Oh grant Thy mercy and Thy grace

To those who venture into space."

IN MEMORY OF THE FALLEN : FAMILY, FRIENDS, THE FEW, EVERY REAL HYPER MARINE

LEST WE FORGET

Before the screen blacked out, there was an animated wreath of poppies.

And then the screen blacked out.

Chapter Six is found HERE

Readers unfamiliar with the tune mentioned in the story (yes, it do exist in real life) will find it HERE. I personally find it heart wrenching (in a good way)

The Royal Navy, Royal Marines and many other military units and coast guards in the English-speaking world are fond of that hymn, also famous from the film Titanic. The additional strophe about space was written by Robert A. Heinlein (1907-1988)

Edited by Hialmar
continuity, small stylistic details, added link, added link
  • Like 9

Just as the generation born during and after WWII grew up with films about WWII produced in the 1950s and 1960s, I found it realistic, that the generation that will grow up after the future Space War will be surrounded with a wave of TV fiction and films about the Space War.