Perfect Boyfriend : Chapter Seven

Hialmar

Chapter One is found HERE

Chapter Six is found HERE

Perfect Boyfriend

Chapter Seven

"I hope, that you told Dr. Korsakoff to not take any unnecessary risks."

"Calm down, Mike. Korsakoff researched early forms of 'hancing before we were born. Although the company he worked for used another set of methods for 'hancing, than Nelson's MEGAGROWTH or the old-fashioned PHYSICAL POTENTIAL FOUNDATION do, he's got dozens of years of experience. Since 'hancing is almost unregulated in the Siberian Federation, he's been able to develop 'hancing-methods with extreme results, and I mean extreme."

Benjy paused and took a look at the plastic tube connecting his Port-a-cath with a large bag of nutritional drip solution before he continued:

"Which reminds me ... I didn't finish my description of the island, if I remember correctly."

"No, you didn't."

Still half-reclining in his bed, with his shirt open, in order to allow the IV tube to connect, Benjy fumbled with the remote. The large screen awoke:

"This man is the affluent Mr. Vanderwesthuisen. He owned this island, before he bestowed it upon a foundation led by his solicitor."

The still was a photograph of a middle aged man who obviously enjoyed working out, with an artificially white smile and an artificially orange suntan. The suit he was wearing had been fashionable among the affluent in the Padanian-Appenine Republic, particularly Milan, about twenty years ago.

"The reason why he bought this island is, that it's outside the jurisdiction of any sovereign nation. You will not break any law by experimenting on human beings here."

This remark couldn't fail to raise unsettling feelings in Mike.

Benjy pressed the remote control:

"This is also Mr. Vanderwesthuisen."

Mike's first reaction was some sort of shock. He had blurry recollections of the 'hancers they had met at 'HancerCon, but the man in the picture was ... 

To begin with, the man in the picture looked like he could have been Mr. Vanderwesthuisen's nineteen year old son, with some sort of boyish roundness to his cheeks. Next, the man was wearing the orange convict's dress used in prisons and some correction centres. The eyes of the young man were seemingly devoid of any intelligence, but there was some sort of smugness in them. The most blatant and obvious fact screaming at the observer was the sheer size of the man. His bone structure was built the same way The Machine's and Dr. Rob Nelson's are, but he had packed on even more muscle mass than them. He even overshadowed the size of real-life Hyper Marines.

Mike's second reaction was horniness, his third embarrassment, and his fourth a struggle between conflicting emotions.

"I like your blush, Mike. The unsavoury part of the story is, that after his ... his transformation ... his TRANSCENDENCE into this physical state, he spent several nights at bars in Guam confronting baseline muscular men, natty or on gear, and the last one of these knuckle fights caused a man's death. Mr. Vanderwesthuisen – or "Vin", as he insist to be called now – had a good legal defence in court and was imprisoned for manslaughter, not murder, which even might be true, because of the state of Vin's present mind and his lacking ability to control his own strength. According his own version, he had no intent to kill his victim, only to 'prove who's the Alpha', as his own words fell. I've met him, you see."

"Benjy ... Benjy ... I don't know what to say."

"You don't have to say anything, Mike. I'm just explaining the history of this island, that's all."

"Thank God, that you didn't chose Vin's shape, when you selected your options. The shape I have now is satisfactory. I'm not much bigger than Gútierrez. I can have a normal life in this shape, and so will you, when you become like me."

Benjy swallowed, and then a content smile spread over his face. 

"I look forward very much to become like you, Mike, but I have more things to tell you."

"Just a few years after Vin's ... his conviction, a few countries softened their legislation on recreational 'hancing. There were several companies in the 'hancing business emerging at the same time, using slightly different toolboxes, and marketing themselves in different ways. In Cascadia, Canada and Australia, a company known as MEGAGROWTH branded themselves as 'the safe and responsible 'Hancing choice'."

He repeated in a slightly bitter tone:

"... safe and responsible ...", and pressed the remote control again. A new file. A video clip this time.

A symphony orchestra. The music of horns and drums, resembling the film music from the remake of the remake of the remake of He-Man.

Dawn and sunrise. A purple sky. The outline of a skull-shaped castle.

"I wonder how much they had to pay Masbro-Hattel for the rights to use this?", Benjy remarked dryly.

And then: Blinding light inside the doorway of the castle ... the impressive outlines of an impossibly powerful man standing there. The lighting changing to reveal the looks of the man who stepped forward. The background was an obvious greenscreen, but the man himself and the strange clothes he was wearing were undoubtly an unaltered and physical  – and what a physical! – reality. A platinum blond man with the shorter hairstyle of the post-war version of He-Man and wearing a leather jockstrap from which several pieces of rabbit fur was dangling, but not enough to draw attention from the considerable bulge hidden inside the leather jockstrap. It was all there: A good replica of the harness, wristcuffs and boots of the post-war version of He-Man. If a smaller man had been wearing these minimal clothes he had looked ridiculous, but this man was able to carry the ensemble convincingly. His jockstrap wasn't the only thing bulging. The 8 feet tall man had impossibly wide clavicles and a narrow waist, similar to the picture of Vin, and from that bone structure mass upon mass of virile swole brawn bulged all over him, as if his muscles had got muscles of their own, but yet it didn't look disproportional. It all formed an alluring symmetry ... a monument of masculinity ... a heroic face ... icy blue eyes ... Mike remembered: That was a young Rob Nelson! In a fifteen year old famous (or infamous) commercial. The hero-giant pointed at the audience and asked:

"Hey, buddy! Do you have what it takes, to absorb the power of Greyskull? If you have, call number MEG-AG-ROWTHNOW today!"

Then he flexed his left biceps and pec, lifted his sword straight upwards as the animated thunderbolts hit him and the sword, and shouted:

"I HAVE THE POWER!"

They both fell silent, when the video clip ended.

Chapter Eight is found HERE

Edited by Hialmar
continuity details, added link
  • Like 10