New Story - Immortal Musings

nightbird112

Hey guys, this is my first actual story on this forum. I hope you all like it. Please don't  hold back any critiques or comments.

====================================================

It was an ordinary day like any other, as ordinary as it could get when you are a magical being , but after 1000 years of wandering  the earth and watching the ebb and flow of  humanity and its history, I have to admit that ordinary and average were at least better than boring. So many immortals, both real and fictional, seem to lose hope in the world and in humanity, and I admit my confidence does waver every time I go on-line.

And yes, I do use the internet. I’m not one of those immortals who constantly whine about how “things were so much better 500 years ago” or whatever. I’ll admit, carrier pigeons do sound cool in theory, but using them is a whole different story. But anyway, I digress.

So I was just wandering around in Spokane, trying to come up with something to do. Should I learn a new instrument, or try my hand at a new language, something esoteric like Aboriginal? Or maybe Finnish has changed enough over the past 100 years to make it unfamiliar enough to justify relearning it. And then I saw a typical scene for High School, at least in America. A kid – a young man actually – being pummeled within an inch of his life.

He seemed like a typical young man of this age; a bit on the short side and more than a bit pudgy, but on the whole seemed rather normal. Of course his oppressors, as always, were tall, broad, and beefy young men. All were the same age as the victim if not a little older, and all seemed to take an almost psychopathic pleasure at inflicting pain on the boy, their faces lit up like it was Christmas day. The sight of it turned my stomach.

I had seen this same drama play out so many times over the long centuries, between individuals, creeds, and nations. Always the oppression and domination of the weak by the strong, and it never ceases to amaze me how cruel people can be when given the means and the opportunity to be so. But there were many times over the ages that I was struck by the capacity of humans to do good, and how a seemingly random act of kindness and mercy could kindle in others the tendency to do the same. So I resolved to do what I could for the boy.

After they were done beating him and left him on the side of the road – the assholes – I approached the kid, who was almost unconscious, and reached out to heal his wounds. It took a while – the bastards had really done a number on him – and by the time I was done he was sound asleep. I had no idea who he or where he lived, and his wallet was nowhere on him, so I resolved to take him to a safe place and wait for him to awaken.

……………………

After transporting him to my house, I laid him on my bed and went to do run a few errands. After returning from grocery shopping - hey, immortals also need to eat – I began to prepare the ingredients for lunch when suddenly I heard the boy cry out in surprise.

I continued preparing the food when I heard his voice behind me.

“Who… who are you?”

It was a good voice; it was actually fairly deep, although the breathy and nervous way he spoke made it sound a lot more high pitched than it actually was.

“Just someone who helped you out in a pinch. You were in pretty bad shape when I found you. ”

“But… who are you?”

Not a very bright specimen, I see.

“My name doesn’t really matter, but if you insist you may call me The Librarian.”

“Ah… ok. Why did you help me? How did you fix me up? How long have I been here?”

Hm… It seems I was wrong about his level of intelligence.

“You’ve only been here a couple of hours, so don’t worry, I’m sure your parents are not sending out a search party for you. And as to how I fixed you, let’s just say I have a few talents I can make use of.”

His eyes immediately sprang open as wide as saucers.

“You mean you’re magic? Is this gonna be a Harry Potter deal? Am I gonna get a letter to Hogwarts or something!? ”

And I stand corrected.

“Relax.  You are not a wizard…”

“Mark.”

“You are not a wizard, Mark. There is no such thing as Hogwarts, not in this dimension anyway. But yes, I am magical.”

His eyes got even bigger, if that was even possible.

“Wait… there are other dimensions?”

“Not the point. What I am trying to say is, you were wounded pretty badly, and I fixed you. Aren’t you going to question if this is real or if I’m telling the truth?”

“No… It’s pretty obvious. I know how bad I was hurt, and the only way I could be ok in such a short time was if you were magical and fixed me up somehow...”

Ok. Maybe I was wrong about his intelligence after all. I’m not omniscient, just immortal.

“...and you’re obviously not going to hurt me if you went to all that trouble to help me out in the first place.”

“Very good. Alright kid…”

“Kid?” He scoffed. “You’re only a couple of years older than me.”

I sighed. “How old are you?”

“16.”

“Well I’m 3500 years old, alright. So I get to call you a kid if I want to.”

“Wait… you’re actually serious!! But you look so young, barely 20!”

“Of course I am. What, is it that difficult to believe in immortals after what you’ve just experienced?”

“No, I guess not. So, why did you help me?”

“Because I don’t like seeing people suffer for no reason. Why were those young men hurting you?”

His eyes fell to the carpet as if the cure for cancer were hidden in its depths.

“Because I’m… gay.” He answered, in a voice so muted that I could barely hear.

Ah…not even I understood this irrational hatred some people of this age had for homosexuals. They have always existed throughout human history. Why should it be a problem now?

I snapped out my reverie as I heard his nervous voice again.

“So… how did you heal me exactly?”

“I encouraged your body’s cells to divide, merely speeding up that which would otherwise have taken a long time to accomplish naturally.”

“So you can actually influence the body’s structure!?” He exclaimed.

“I suppose so, yes.”

A pleading look came into his eyes.

“Could you… could you change my body?”

I blinked in surprise. So he wanted me to alter his body, probably looking for a miracle transformation, just like these stories on the internet, many of which I enjoyed.

“Are you sure you want this, boy?”

He nodded his head several times.

“Yes. I need it. I want to be tall and strong like those jocks. You could do it, can’t you? ”

The poor boy. He obviously needed to get his facts straight.

“Yes”. I admitted. “I could alter your body the way you ask, but to do so could very well endanger your health and life.”

His face fell. It reminded of the face of a man who had been promised the greatest treasure of his life, only to have it yanked away from him at the last second.

“But… why?”

I drew in a breath to explain. This was going to be complicated.

“Altering the body in the way you desire involves several delicate operations. I would be messing with the chemical balance of your body, in addition to manipulating the very fabric of your DNA. This could expose you to several life-threatening consequences, to say nothing of the pain you would have to endure to even grow an inch.”

“But couldn’t you control all that?”

“Mark, I am an immortal, not the hand of the Creator. Even if I space out my work over a period of several weeks, there would still be no guarantee that I would not shorten your lifespan or render you infertile.”

„So you can’t make me any stronger or faster? “

“So you essentially want me to mess with thousands of years’ worth of evolution just because you’re going through a self-esteem crisis at the moment? You realize that you’re in high school, right? No one in high school likes themselves. No-one. ”

“But that’s wrong. All the jocks are full of themselves and think they’re the hottest thing than sliced bread.” He spluttered.

“Those “jocks” are all shallow assholes who no-one will think about or miss a couple of years from now, and who will most likely spend the rest of their lives pining for the glory days of high school. Do you honestly think anyone will give a shit what those homophobic assholes think in 10 years – those who don’t grow out of it anyway?”

“I guess not…”

“You’re right. They won’t. Those boys only got to where they are because of luck. Don’t get me wrong, I’m sure they all worked very hard for their physiques and athletic skills, but the fact remains that they just happened to develop faster than other boys their age. The gap between them and you will lessen with time, especially if you work hard and apply yourself. Bear in mind, you are still only 16. You still have a lot of growing to do, mentally and physically. And so do they. The good thing is, you realize it. They – some of them anyway – never will.”

He nodded, finally understanding.

“You’re right. I can’t wait for a magical fix-up for my problems. I have to go and work out my own solutions.”

“Exactly. And remember, your life is what you make of it. Don’t let anyone tell you different.”

“Ok. Thanks a lot, sir. I really appreciate all you did for me. Will I ever see you again?”

I smiled. This kid really was something special. “Who knows… maybe I’ll swing by in a few years.”

“If you’re ever in the area, come look me up. We’ll hang out.” He grinned. It really made his face look lot more handsome, and in that moment, I got a glimpse of the man he would become.

“I definitely will. Good bye, Mark.”

“Good bye.”

……………………

10 years later, I found myself wandering back the same way I had that time I met Mark, and I decided to look him up and see how he turned out. Going by my impression of him, he would turn out marvelously. Of course, there was no guarantee I would find him, for all I knew, he had moved out of town a while ago, but I thought it worth a shot.

As I walked over to the spot where I last saw him, I waited around, taking in all the details that had changed in the area, from the large ones like the new café that had been opened, to the small ones like the colors of the street signs. As I was meditating on the nature of time and fate, you know, typical immortal thoughts, I saw him.

After close examination I recognized him and marveled at the man he had become. I was right. I was so right.

For one thing he was tall, standing well over 6 feet. It seemed he had had a growth spurt sometime in his late teens. In addition, he was not thin like most tall men, but solid.  It was as if every one of his limbs was made of hard granite; his broad shoulders tapered down to a narrow waist, giving him that delicious V-taper, his t-shirt sleeves straining to hold in massive arms that looked designed to crush rocks, his legs were long and muscular, and his calves large and strong. He even looked to have nicely sized feet. I love men with big feet.

His face was almost achingly beautiful, with a wide jaw and high cheekbones that looked to be carved from the finest marble by the best sculptor in the worlds. His eyes were a vivid blue – how did I not notice them before – and his lips looked perfect for kissing.

I observed as he answered a phone call, probably from his lover, and delighted in his voice, a deep and melodious tone which thrummed through me, making my hard member strain to release its load.

As he made his way back to his car and passed me by, his eyes met mine and I saw a gleam of recognition bloom in them. Of course, it lasted only for a fraction of a second, and by the time he hanged up and tried to take a closer look I was gone. I just wasn’t ready for such a meeting. Maybe I never will be. But I am glad nonetheless that his story turned out to be a happy one.

I continued on my way, throughout the city and the ages.

The End

• Upvote 11

Nice! I'm with Abs, but do think the story was sweet. I wish the narrator had reintroduced himself at the end, but maybe there will be a part two?

• Upvote 2

Nice! I'm with Abs, but do think the story was sweet. I wish the narrator had reintroduced himself at the end, but maybe there will be a part two?

Thanks very much, all of you. Yeah, this story was intended to deconstruct the various tropes found in muscle growth erotica. My next one will definitely have muscle growth in it. I had originally envisioned the story more as a one-shot, but who knows?