Muscleville: A Short Story Collection

muscleaddict

5 hours ago, bbeware said:

Awesome concept... a story about chaos, and that's what you  (muscleaddict) might be creating here, with readers confusing fictious ArchieLovesMuscle, and all his commenters, with real MG profiles. 

Hmmm... possibly! 🤔😅 I'm glad you like it though, mate. I've had this idea for a while - one of my fictional characters writing a muscle story. It kind of allows me to shake things up a bit and maybe do something which is a bit different to my usual stuff. I was in two minds about the fictional forum members/comments but it's too late now...🫣

On 5/4/2024 at 7:13 AM, muscleaddict said:

So a few notes on this story and the thought process behind it etc...

This story basically started with a scene in my head where Mason meets a new guy, closer to his age than Nick was, and he brings out the same line he used on Nick - "My name's Mason, but you can call me Sir" - and the guy replies with, "Erm - no. You can call ME Sir!" 

The scene in the final story obviously panned out differently - sometimes you might have an idea or a scene in your head but when you come to actually write it, things have changed and it doesn't quite feel right for that particular scene/character. But the basic idea was that Mason meets his match. 

I didn't want this to be a big redemption story in the same way that Mason wasn't necessarily supposed to be a villain in the original story but I did want him to take some ownership for what happened and admit to himself and the reader that he knew he'd done Jason dirty. 

I also wanted to give him a bit of depth and a backstory. I met a couple of guys like Mason when I was younger who'd been closeted for years when they'd been younger themselves, had been married, some even with kids and then who'd come out later in life. I think that was a lot more common years ago, with society not being as accepting as it is now.

I also didn't want it to be a "Mason meets an amazing guy and gets a happy ending" story. I did want him to let his guard down and open up to Vince in a way that he didn't with Nick. And it does obviously end with there being a possibility that something might develop between the two of them.

5 minutes ago, MuscleJoe said:

This is amazing.  I love all the references.  It’s for everyone 

Thanks, MuscleJon - oops, I mean Joe. 🤪 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, muscleaddict said:

Absolutely! ☺️

A good imitation of the friendly bear! At least as far as I, as a non-native English reader, am able to discern. 

I repeat myself, but I will express my appreciation of stories in a British setting, even when they are about a British protagonist writing about a US setting. I'm very excited every time you write about Ozzie, Alfie or Archie. 

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Hialmar said:

A good imitation of the friendly bear! At least as far as I, as a non-native English reader, am able to discern. 

I repeat myself, but I will express my appreciation of stories in a British setting, even when they are about a British protagonist writing about a US setting.

I'd actually forgotten about the fact this is an attempt at a story in an American setting with American characters. Hopefully it feels pretty authentic and if it doesn't - Archie wrote it, not me. 

59 minutes ago, Hialmar said:

I'm very excited every time you write about Ozzie, Alfie or Archie. 

You might be in luck there! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, dreamboy said:

It’s an Inception of Muscle!!!!😝a Mucleception😵‍💫💪🏼

Now Archie needs to write a story for the Muscle Fiction Forums where Cody writes a story for the Muscle Freak Forums and the likes of MuscleJohnny, dreamerlad and RobBear leave comments. 

• Haha 4