Muscleville: A Short Story Collection

muscleaddict

2 hours ago, muscleaddict said:

Absolutely! ☺️

Awwwww shucks! ☺️  Cheers mate!!! 🍻 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hialmar said:

A good imitation of the friendly bear! At least as far as I, as a non-native English reader, am able to discern. 

I repeat myself, but I will express my appreciation of stories in a British setting, even when they are about a British protagonist writing about a US setting. I'm very excited every time you write about Ozzie, Alfie or Archie. 

Grrrr my Swedish Kapten! 💪🤗🤗🤗🐻

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, DawnFire98 said:

@muscleaddict Any tips on writing short stories? I just keep adding stuff to it. 😅 (Goes out to all the other great writers on here as well! @londonboy @Broody @arpeejay @TQuintA )

It's very easy to write yourself into a corner and I have done so many times. I finally figured out that it helps to have an ending in mind. I don't write the ending first (although I have been tempted to do so) but any more I generally know where I want to end up with a story. Then it's just a matter of getting there without getting lost in the weeds. In other words, I at least subconsciously ask myself "is the chapter I am working on currently moving me towards a conclusion?" 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Bjort said:

Grrrr my Swedish Kapten! 💪🤗🤗🤗🐻

Grrrr, O 💪⚡🐻‍❄️, from 🧙‍♂️🏋️‍♂️🦦

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, arpeejay said:

It's very easy to write yourself into a corner and I have done so many times. I finally figured out that it helps to have an ending in mind. I don't write the ending first (although I have been tempted to do so) but any more I generally know where I want to end up with a story. Then it's just a matter of getting there without getting lost in the weeds. In other words, I at least subconsciously ask myself "is the chapter I am working on currently moving me towards a conclusion?" 

Thanks so much for the answer, @arpeejay

But what do you do if you still have way to many scenes at the end of the day? 

53 minutes ago, DawnFire98 said:

Thanks so much for the answer, @arpeejay

But what do you do if you still have way to many scenes at the end of the day? 

Spin them off into another story or series is what I would do. Someone once told that it is hard to keep readers' attention past 10,000 words and that's usually the max I aim for. But if you have a great character, write a story for each of his adventures: George in the Jungle, George at the Beach, George in the Outback, George Takes On the Big City, etc.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Another great start from you @muscleaddict. I can’t wait to see what you come up with in the next part. I love that you are experimenting with different types of story and approaches. Keep on the great work mate!👍😘💪💪😛😛😛

• Like 1

Here's part two of "The Arrival"...

ArchieLovesMuscle                    Posted November 28

Hey guys. Here is the next chapter of the story. There's going to be three in total. Thank you again for the awesome comments on the first one. I never expected that many people to even read it, let alone comment on it!

Chapter Two

The whole of classroom 23B falls silent when I walk through the door. 

“What the -” a male classmate cries as I strut to an empty desk at the back of the class.

“You are fucking jacked!” he cries out. Yeah - well spotted! I don’t respond. I’m not here to make enemies. But I’m not here to make friends either. I know the type of guys who normally want to be my friend. Wannabes. Chancers. The loud-mouthed jocks. Gymgoers who secretly want to be jacked but don’t want to put in the work. Or are too afraid to do what’s needed. I’m not really interested in any of that. Gawp at me from across the classroom. Jack off to my pictures on Instagram (and trust me - they do.) But don’t expect us to be friends.

“Damn, dude! I’ll have whatever juice you’re on!”

Wannabe? Check. Chancer? Check. Loud-mouthed jock? Big fat check.

The whole desk creeks as I squeeze my abnormally developed glutes into the chair. I guess school desks aren't designed to fit two hundred and fifty pounds national teen bodybuilding champions.

I glance across the classroom to find some preppy-looking girl giving me the stink-eye without any kind of subtlety. I blow another pink bubble of my gum to hide my smirk.

“Morning! Morning!” some guy in a checked shirt and brown trousers says as he walks into the classroom and closes the door, without looking up at the class. He seems scatty and awkward. So I guess this is Mr Skreet. My homeroom teacher.

“Okay we have a NEW student starting today” he says looking over some papers and adjusting his glasses. 

My desk creeks again as I reach into my backpack on the floor to dig out my shaker filled with a protein shake. 

“Cody Miller,” I hear Mr Skreet say. “Do we have a Cody Miller?”

I sit up straight again, now with my shaker in my hand to find the whole class looking at me. Meh. Nothing new there.

But then I spot Mr Skreet’s expression. Oh, man. What a picture! His mouth is hung open. His cheeks have gone bright red. He seems completely and utterly dumbfounded. I pop open the cap on my shaker and start gobbling down my protein shake.

Mr Skreet clears his throat. “Right … well … welcome, erm, Cody.”

I’ve clearly reduced this nerdy-looking thirty-something high school teacher to a quivering wreck.

“Sir?” the loud-mouthed jock shouts out. 

"Yes, Zack?”

Zack, aka, the loud-mouthed jock, twists his head around to look at me. His lips are curled into a slight smirk.

“Aren’t you going to make Cody stand up and talk about himself like you did when Vickrum transferred last month?”

Mr Skreet’s suddenly looks nervous. He adjusts his glasses again. “Oh right,” he mumbles. “Umm. Yes. Yes, of course,” he says, not making eye contact with me.

“Umm. Cody,” he says, his voice wobbling. “If you’d like to …”

Before this bumbling bag of nerves finishes his sentence, I’m squeezing out of my tiny chair and making my way to the front of the class and towards Mr Skreet and his desk.

Judging from his terrified face and the fact his mouth is hanging open again, I’m not sure Mr Skreet intended me to do this. I was probably just supposed to stand up where I was seated, introduce myself then sit back when I was done. This way seems way more fun though.

My new homeroom teacher practically falls over to make way for me at the front of the class. I lock eyes with me, daring him to hold my gaze.

“I’m not contagious, Sir,” I joke.

A titter of laughs spread across the classroom. Mr Skreet goes red and adjusts his glasses again, looking to the floor. Jesus. I’ve never met a teacher who was THIS nervous around me before.

I guess I’m supposed to talk now. I place my hands on my hips, my wide lats flaring out and address the class of regular-sized seniors.

“I'm Cody Miller. I just transferred here from Westview.”

I turn to see Mr Skreet staring right at my mammoth pecs. I give them a quick bounce before carrying on.

“I’m a three-time NPC Teen National bodybuilding champion. Which means I’m the biggest and best bodybuilding teen in the country.”

Mr Skreet clears his throat. “Yes. Well, excellent. Thank you, Cody.” He still can’t look me in the eye.

“How did you get so BIG?” some guy in a Slipknot hoodie calls out. 

“Erm …” Mr Skreet mumbles nervously.

“Hard work. Dedication. Consistency. And a SHIT ton of food.”

Another titter of nervous laughter.

“What about steroids?” someone spits. It’s the preppy girl who gave me the stink-eye earlier. She’s folding her arms and looking at me with a pointed expression.

“Okay, I don’t think that’s -”

“I’m all natural, baby!” I joke cutting Mr Skreet off, folding my arms and smirking at my new sparring partner. She lets out an unimpressed, “Pfft!” 

“At least that’s what I tell my mom.”

Another titter of laughter. This time not so nervous.

“How big are your biceps?” Zack shouts out to more laughter.

“Okay, Zack-”

“Twenty whole inches each.”

“Flex ‘em for us!” the Slipknot hoodie guy calls out. Zach says yeah in agreement and some of the other jocks he’s sitting with look excited.

Mr Skreet doesn’t have anything to say about that. I’m pretty sure that’s because he’s speechless. We finally make eye contact. He still looks terrified. But there’s something else there too. And I know at that moment that my nerdy looking bag of nerves homeroom teacher WANTS me to flex my biceps. He WANTS to see my twenty-inch National Championship-winning guns blown up and flexed in all their glory. And who am I to deny my audience?

In one swift motion, I bring both arms up and flex into a front double biceps pose. There’s a loud gasp. Someone shouts, “WOAH!” And I hear a, “What the fuck?” from the back of the class.

I twist my head from side to side. Admiring the tanned softballs of rock-hard, vein-decorated biceps peaks exploding before my eyes. Magnificent. Worthy of a spot in any freak show. Like something from another world. 

Do my classmates realise how lucky they are to be witnessing this first-hand? Do they know how many muscle enthusiasts would kill to be in a room with muscle teen sensation Cody Miller watching him flex his famous biceps?

I catch the eye of Mr Skreet. He’s white as a sheet. His eyes are transfixed on my fully flexed guns. What is going through the mind of my new homeroom teacher? Is he freaked out? Is he turned on? Is he just plain terrified? Or is it a mixture of all three?

I unflex my biceps and take in the atmosphere of the room. A mixture of amazement, awe and horror sits on the faces of my classmates.

“Hit some more poses,” Zach calls. I bark out a laugh in response. Maybe this guy isn’t so bad after all.

“Yeah, dude. Flex for us some more!” one of his jock mates calls.

“Please DON’T!” the preppy stink-eye girl says. A comment which just makes me want to do what I’m about to do even more.

I hear gasps and cheers and whoops as I whip off my vest and throw it on the floor.

“Sir - can we stop this, now?”

“M - m - maybe we …”

I ignore Mr Skreet and crank out a brutal most muscular with my fists together. “UGGHH!!” I grunt loudly as my freaky mass flexes and balloons for my audience.

The gasps and encouragement ring in my ear as I grab the waistband of my tight red gym shorts and whip them down to reveal a pair of blindingly shiny bright purple posing trunks underneath.

“This is GROSS!” the preppy girl shouts.

But I ignore her as I treat my audience to a quad wobble before BAM - my quads flex and explode with freakish detail. The show goes on. There’s no stopping me now. I flex my guns. I bounce my pecs. I hit a side chest. A side triceps pose. All the mandatory poses. Each one with a deep grunt or grizzly growl. 

I spin around and hear gasps as my lats flare out to reveal my extraordinarily wide back. 

I tuck the back of my shiny trunks into the crack of my ass, showing off my obscenely developed glutes. No one in this room has ever seen an ass like THIS before. I can guarantee you that.

The gasps. The cheers. The cries of, “What the fuck?" and, “This is crazy!” It all just spurs me on to flex harder. To grunt louder. To unleash the unrestrained animal that lives within me who explodes out every time I flex my God-like muscle mass.

“ARRGHH!!” “GRRAARR!!” “ROAARRR!!” 

I’m flexing. I’m growling. I’m roaring. I AM A FUCKING MUSCLE GOD.

“What on EARTH is going on here?”

I turn to see an angry and shocked-looking woman in the doorway of the classroom. The preppy girl is next to her with her arms folded, giving me a smug, self-satisfied smirk. 

“Oh shit! Mr Skreet’s got a boner!” Zack calls, to a rapture of shocked laughter.

“Zachary White! That’s quite enough!” the woman calls out.

I look over at a red-faced Mr Skreet. And then down. And sure enough, his pants are bulging. Like, seriously bulging! Has anyone noticed that I’m hard too? Not that anyone would call that out. They wouldn’t fucking dare.

“And YOU - young man. Who are you? Where are your clothes?” 

She’s so vexed. I have to stop myself from laughing in her face.

“This is the new guy, Miss. Campbell!” someone calls.

“Cody Miller,” I say, casually. “Three-time NPC Teen National bodybuilding champion.”

For a moment she’s speechless. Her eyes go down. Her angry facade drops. She looks kind of - scared? “Yes … well … PLEASE put some clothes on, Mr Miller.” She clears her throat and seems to regain her composure as I put my shorts and vest back on.

“And then you can make your way to the Principal's office,” she says, sternly.

A comical, “Ooooh!” erupts from my classmates. I guess that means I’m in trouble then. 

“And Mr Skreet. A word. Outside please!” 

I pick up my backpack and head out of the room. Still on the high and adrenaline of giving my classmates a spontaneous posing session. 

So I haven’t even made it to my first period and I’m already being carted off to see the principal? This has got to be a new record. 

DuskIce86                     Posted November 28

Oh my god.

No idea if I can say that much off the top of my head but I really like this story. 

Here are some random plot twists you could introduce, @ArchieLovesMuscle (these are meant as jokes. Well - sort of! 😂😞

1) Mr Skreet gives Cody Saturday detention for showing off his strength to Zack and the jocks by bending the legs of Mr Skreet’s chair. During the detention, Cody treats Mr Skreet to some private posing!

2) Zack and Cody become friends but Zack falls in love with our boy Cody. Confused about his own feelings, Cody starts to question his sexuality.

3) Cody walks into the principal’s office to discover he’s also a bodybuilder and much bigger and cockier than Cody!

ArchieLovesMuscle    Posted November 28

Haha!! I’m loving those suggested plot twists @DuskIce86. Particularly no.3!!

Hylomar                         Posted November 29

Let’s send Cody over to Scotland to visit Montgomery University and get him to try some Marmite! And a deep fried Mars bar.

musclejunkie86            Posted November 29

Flippin' hell.......Lovin' this....I second the idea of the principal being a bigger bodybuilder than Cody….make him a short-arsed daddy with some specs and mucky posers…..GRRRRRRR!!

ArchieLovesMuscle       Posted November 29

Mucky tan stained trunks and short-arsed daddies? Damn! Now you’re talking my language @musclejunkie86 🤪

Bglftr                                 Posted November 29

Man, there’s so much good stuff here.

Cody freaking all of his classmates out

Cody revelling in showing off

Cody bouncing his pecs for Mr Skreet

The effect he’s having on poor nervous Mr Skreet. Come on! Who WOULDN’T have a boner like Mr Skreet?

MickLakeMedia                Posted November 30

This is a really fun story. How do I get a job at Charles Lincoln High?

BeefyGods                          Posted November 30

Lovely work, ALM. I felt inspired by this great piece of muscle thicction and decided to illustrate our bodybuilding teen champ, Cody. 💪🦍 

I know there are some other great artists here who have created some wonderful illustrations for stories and wanted to follow suit. I hope you like it, Archie.

tIkjjpB9E6RC2vXFtKAU_lgZ6BSQTePcYyKd5DYk-HTiTojKxkcZMCzweicch0PiYueGUnGuRw1Sn3BinpGbt4GNjqwP4E33XlFPnaNNw07K-IAjj0kRpigA7ML7BfsLh3nyQHsaiMGSqjdC1Sj7a_E.thumb.jpeg.5b4a91a1dead60bdb909378dbb5e850a.jpeg

ArchieLovesMuscle          Posted November 30

OMG!! @BeefyGods - thank you so much for this amazing illustration! You captured Cody's cockiness just right. I actually follow you on Instagram and I’m a huge fan of your work so I’m really flattered and honoured that you chose to do this. 😊

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3