The Visionary - Preview

nightbird112

Hey everyone. So, this is the first story I ever wrote on both the old forum and the new. I'm definitly expanding the storyline, but I  just felt like throwing this one out there. I am of course open to any comments or suggestions. Enjoy!

===================================================================================================

I had realized the secret to my power; the key wasn’t to visualize events, it was to believe them to be true. So with that in mind I began to focus and imagine.

I looked at Darrin and  remembered how he  had always been a short guy, but went through an incredible growth spurt when he was 15, shooting up like a weed until he was the tallest sophomore in school, clocking in at 6'7'' as a senior. At first he was uncomfortable with his new height, constantly tripping over his humongous feet and knocking stuff over, but with time he got used to towering over almost everyone he met, including his parents; his father, while rather large at 6'1'' and 200 lbs, was only chin level to his son, and that made enforcing his authority quite problematic, especially with later developments.

You see, while a growth spurt certainly was handy for boosting self-esteem, he still looked like anyone who had been stretched 14 inches while maintaining the same weight would; like a walking bamboo tree. So with that in mind, Darrin embarked on his quest to become muscular.

And so he began to work out at the school gym, at the beginning with meager weights, but soon he discovered he had a talent for packing on muscle, and his strength quickly grew, and within a month he noticed definite changes to his body; his chest, back, and shoulders were broader, and his arms and legs, previously pencil-thin, were bulging noticeably. After another few months he was approached by the Football coach, who, having recognized his potential, offered to train him in exchange for him joining his team. Darrin, already experiencing the craving for more power and strength, quickly accepted.

Under the experienced hand of the coach, Darrin quickly blossomed into a towering pillar of muscle and became an absolute terror on the field, dominating entire teams with his sheer bulk and deceptive speed. He rose up through the ranks and attained the position of quarterback. He was 19 at the time.

By that time it had become all but impossible for his father to control his actions any longer; his father, largely used to flexing his authority and bullying his family, quickly found the tables turned on him. Darrin had all but usurped his position of “man of the house”, since he was 7 inches taller and outweighed him by 80 lbs. A simple flex of his arms, built hard like sculpted granite, and just as hard, were enough to cow any opposition. And if that wasn’t enough, a flex of his mountainous pecs usually made the point. Darrin reveled in his new-found role and power, but he was always fair, for he understood unlike his father, that being the alpha meant responsibility to those below him more than those above him, and that being a leader required surrendering his own pride in favor of the well-being of his underlings. And so it was.

I tried as hard as I could to believe what I was thinking, not merely to imagine it, but I hope it worked.  I opened my eyes...

• Upvote 4