Patrick Huynh to Leave Mystery Moose

SamuelBarbado

E5S8.thumb.jpg.56343921ef6fef41e40ca6475dc9ec57.jpg

Patrick Huynh to Leave Mystery Moose

Patrick Huynh, the 31-year-old children’s TV show host of Mystery Moose, has decided to leave the program after nine seasons due to being "intimidating." 

18:17 29 Dec 2022

"I love working with kids," Patrick told The Quotidian. "But at this point in my life, I feel I’m called to do something else. I believe my replacement, Gavin Byrne, will do a much better job as a TV presenter.”

"He was just getting too big," said producer David Vasiliev. "When the kids are watching Mystery Moose, they want a sweet, approachable man—a stranger they could trust. That’s why we cast Patrick when he was only a bit over 5 feet tall and lighter than a mop. But a muscle-bound behemoth larger than Mike E. Moose would just scare them away."

Patrick was told to slow down his workouts, but he reasoned that "there is no turning back" and refused to explain further.

Patrick’s size was only part of the equation, however, as he reportedly wrestled with the mascot as a prank and sent the latter to the hospital for a minor injury. 

Reports also state that Patrick destroyed some filming equipment due to "slight fits of anger," and many viewers have attributed his increasingly bizarre behavior to a traumatic event a year ago. 

After filming the eighth season, Patrick lost control of his motorcycle upon reaching a curved part of the road and crashed into a toxic dump identified as being within the property of GenoSoma Laboratories. 

The accident sent him to the hospital for a week, but the doctors reported that he remained "too healthy" and could safely return to the show just in time for filming the ninth season.

Ever since, the viewers have been pointing out Patrick’s growth during the season, starting from 180 pounds in the first episode and 680 pounds heavier in the tenth—a total of 860 pounds of muscle within his new 7-foot tall frame. 

E2S9.thumb.jpg.c11670b379fb4d7f06fe69ccc46bc861.jpg

Patrick had initially considered filing a case for GenoSoma’s environmental neglect that caused his accident, but his wife, Abigail Ghazarian, 29, persuaded him to do otherwise. 

"The doctors said he was fine, and I see he came out a better man," Abigail told Urban Chronicle. "I suggested that we simply negotiate."

Eventually, the affected parties agreed to have the dump cleaned and walled off from the public while Patrick is to be allowed all-around access to the labs and all its perks.  

When asked what to do after the show, Patrick revealed that he and Abigail had already bought a farm where he could spend the rest of his life “growing further as a person.” 

Mystery Moose first aired on September 2013 and is premised on Mike E. Moose and his human sidekick Patrick solving mysteries in the town of Shefwall.

E12S9.thumb.jpg.bd06260bc6cd92b63135d0185a6e8beb.jpg

• Like 19
  • Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Ro20316 said:

Everyone watched his growth on the show. Inbetbsome didnt mind at all and found a new niche in the ratings....

I would have been one of them, even as a kid. 

• Like 1