Russell : Chapter One

Hialmar

Preface

I usually don't write for the anthro and furry crowd. This is an exception.

Russell

Chapter One

"Well, Private Russell, you probably wonder why I called you here?", he said in heavily accented English.

Dr. Dachshund peeped above his steel rimmed eyeglasses, and observed me silently. Not even his white lab coat was able to hide, that Dr. Dachshund seemed to be all torso, and a very slim and narrow one.

"Actually, I was surprised, when I was able to finally enlist. I've tried several times. The recruitment officers always preferred Irish wolfhounds, pit bulls, golden retrievers,  mastiffs, and those cane corsos out of Bronx. They didn't think I'm able to be of any use, except for spying, and they told me, there's something medically wrong with my hips. I'm built for foxholes, for God's sake! Put me in a fight, and I can do this all day! I'm bigger than I look."

"You were enlisted on my advice. I will now tell you somethings confidential. You are not allowed to discuss this matter with anyone else. Do you understand?"

"Sure. Yes."

"I fled from Schäferland for a reason. The Republic of Schäferland was once a happy place, and I hope, that happiness will return in the future. The present government in Schäferland wish all dachshunds, weimaraners, pomeranians and Polish hunting dogs gone, but its armed forces found my line of research useful for their aims, so I survived. I'm able to make dogs faster and stronger. There is a very serious side effect, though. The serum brings out the worst and the best sides of the test subjects. The effect of the serum is affected by each test subject's mental attitude. Something terrible happened. I created a super soldier known as The Red Dobermann. He must be stopped by other super soldiers, and the Armed Forces of the United States of Dogland are willing to give my experiments a try."

There was pain in Dr. Dachshund's gaze now, and his tail was between his legs.

"I'm sorry, Doc."

"Before we continue, I need to interview you. It's important, that we don't enhance an unsuitable test subject, so tell me something about yourself."

"I grew up in Brooklyn. In school, I was bullied by all the golden retriever football players, until I managed to fend them off by biting their ears. You see, I defended  a defenseless chihuahua the golden retrievers were making fun of. I've always felt a duty to protect smaller dogs. I also had some help from my friend Bucky. He's a labrador from Labrador. He was shipped to Bulldogland, when Schäferland declared war on Bulldogland and Labrador in 1939."

Dr. Dachshund nodded in silence, and took some notes. Then he rose. 

"I'll introduce you to Agent Carter. She's a liaisions officer from the Bulldogland military intelligence."

"So she's a bulldog, then?"

A door opened. An elegant and beautiful cavalier king Charles spaniel in blenheim colors entered, wearing Bulldogland's uniform:

"Jack Russell, I presume?"

To be continued.

Edited by Hialmar
details
  • Like 5