Superstar (Chapters 1–6)

expander

I read the whole book: it's simply amazing. Besides being a very hot novel, you appreciate the plot, the style, the characterization of the characters... did I mention that it's very hot? 😉

Thanks, Expander, for having shared this masterpiece with us.

• Like 4

• 2 months later...

So I’m resurrecting this because I finally made it through the book, and mother of god, it was amazing. . . And incredibly hot. 

If you ever make a sequel to it, be sure to let us know! 

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/9/2024 at 5:22 PM, expander said:

Thanks for all the positive responses! I'm glad to hear you all enjoyed it!

I just finished reading the entire novel and it is really fantastic!  I hope you're as proud as you deserve to be, Expander. 

For those of you who haven't read the book, let me tell you that I rarely make time to read anything longer than a short story. But once I got started on Superstar, I wanted to give it all of my free time.  The displays of superhuman strength were definitely a highlight, but this book explores how having that kind of strength could affect a person and those they are closest to. (This story goes way beyond the temptation to be a bully.) Kyle is such an interesting character because of that. We all have competing needs, desires, and temptations that pull us in opposite directions, but imagine what it would be like if some of those temptations had limitless strength and numerous other abilities behind them.

Don't let my reflection make you think this is heavy reading. Despite some serious issues, the story feels light and entertaining, and it is totally fap worthy. I will be rereading certain scenes for the rest of my life. Probably at bedtime. 

I would love to read a sequel to this story set about 16 years later when Kyle and Lauren are dealing with an adolescent daughter 🤯 and probably more. In the meantime, I'm moving right on to your other full-length novel, Demons.  I'm so excited! Keep on writing, especially if you're enjoying it. And seriously... you should be selling these books instead of giving them away. I would happily pay for the pleasure of reading more of your work.

• Like 4

First off, thanks to everyone who gave good feedback. I skipped this at first because "m/f + hockey" seemed not my kind of thing at all. But all the glowing reviews convinced me to give it a try.

And it was SO GOOD. I binge-read the whole book over the last 2 days.

So, secondly, thank you @expander! It was really superb. I won't go into details for fear of spoilers, but I can thoroughly recommend this book!

• Like 2

21 hours ago, LukeXL said:

First off, thanks to everyone who gave good feedback. I skipped this at first because "m/f + hockey" seemed not my kind of thing at all. But all the glowing reviews convinced me to give it a try.

And it was SO GOOD. I binge-read the whole book over the last 2 days.

So, secondly, thank you @expander! It was really superb. I won't go into details for fear of spoilers, but I can thoroughly recommend this book!

I have to agree. Usually, I avoid m/f stuff completely, but @expander is such a great writer that it didn’t even matter! If you’re into superpowered, god-like beings, don’t miss this one! 

• Like 2